PDA

View Full Version : State of 32-3A

Johnny 5
10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
La Feria lost to Port Isabel in overtime, 26-20, two weeks ago. The same week, Rio Hondo beat Progreso 28-0. Last week, Rio Hondo beat Hidalgo 24-10, while Port Isabel beat Progreso 28-3.

This week Port Isabel travels to Hidalgo and La Feria takes on Progreso. Rio Hondo has off.

Port Isabel vs Hidalgo:

Both teams revolve around one key player. If you take this player out, the team becomes average. PI has the advantage here, because the Tarpon QB is a good player, though he is not the key player. Both defenses are of the bend but don't break philsophy.

La Feria vs Progreso:

Progreso must win this game to keep the playoff hope alive. It will not be easy. La Feria played Port Isabel into overtime. Port Isabel then nearly shut out Progreso. La Feria's offense is a bit above average. The problem with Progreso is the offense. Progreso can drive the ball pretty well, but they turnover the ball at least 4 to 5 times a game. Both defenses are good.

District Standings:

Hidalgo 0-1
La Feria 0-1
Progreso 0-2
Port Isabel 2-0
Rio Hondo 2-0

Final 3 week schedule:

Oct. 26
PI vs Hidalgo
La Feria vs Progreso

Nov. 2
PI vs RH
Hidalgo vs La Feria

Nov. 9
RH vs. La Feria
Hidalgo vs Progreso

Johnny 5
10-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Guess no one cares lol

black bear
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
i hate to look ahead, but if PI wins, who do you favor PI or RH.
Try not to a homer.Does overall tradition(PI) or recent tradition(RH) win?

footballgal
10-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Tarpons have a great matchup this Friday in Hidalgo, playing in RGVs first 3As artificial turf. This will be a good match-up too, Hidalgo does have a salty defense and PI has an explosive one.

We can talk about RH next week, right now Tarpons have a very important game, that MUST be won in order to be able to win back to back championships.

Johnny 5
10-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by black bear
i hate to look ahead, but if PI wins, who do you favor PI or RH.
Try not to a homer.Does overall tradition(PI) or recent tradition(RH) win?

I will let you know Monday after I see PI/Hidalgo.