PDA

View Full Version : If Burnet was 4A

espn1
09-29-2003, 01:33 PM
then based on the numbers in the new Collier-Sharp Poll, Burnet would be rated #2 in the State and tied for #6th. in 5A. Not Bad Dawgz!

booger1
09-29-2003, 01:35 PM
No, that's based on number in 3A! If burnet were 4A they might be alright. But they would not be crap in 5A! Too many good teams there bud. Don't overrate Burnet, they are a killer team right now, but only talk that big about them when they win State!

SintonFan
09-29-2003, 01:37 PM
It looks like 3A aint big enough for Burnet pride. wink j/k

whtfbplaya
09-29-2003, 01:43 PM
If a frog had wings it would'nt bust it's a## everytime it jumped.

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Maybe Burnet would do well in 4A, and I think they would do well... but in 5A? We'd have a better chance playing pick-up sticks with our butt-cheeks...

booger1
09-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Burnet is close to being a 4A school. And if they wasnt to see how they would do in 4A, and have the right to talk more crap about how good they are, play some decent 4A schools instead of decent 3A schools! How about Brownwood, or CC Calallen, or maybe Kerrville, yeah they would be a good butt whoo... i mean game!

Jacket2000
09-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Burnet would probably be a 3rd place playoff team in most 4a districts, and more than likely would be knocked out in the first round.
J2K

Compudyne
09-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Jacket2000:
Burnet would probably be a 3rd place playoff team in most 4a districts, and more than likely would be knocked out in the first round.
J2KSurely you don't believe that. Burnet has a good team and would be hard to beat in any 4A district. If they choose to be a little cocky, let them. They are good.

BullFrog Dad
09-29-2003, 02:15 PM
whtfbplaya:
If a frog had wings it would'nt bust it's a## everytime it jumped.I just figured out Lake Worth's problem!!!

espn1
09-29-2003, 02:16 PM
booger1:
No, that's based on number in 3A! If burnet were 4A they might be alright. But they would not be crap in 5A! Too many good teams there bud. Don't overrate Burnet, they are a killer team right now, but only talk that big about them when they win State!I'm not saying anything. I'm stating what I read. I emailed Collier-Sharp and asked them this. Would a team rated at 180 in 5A be the same as a Team rated at 180 in 3A. I will tell you their response when I receive it.

booger1
09-29-2003, 02:19 PM
espn1:

booger1:
No, that's based on number in 3A! If burnet were 4A they might be alright. But they would not be crap in 5A! Too many good teams there bud. Don't overrate Burnet, they are a killer team right now, but only talk that big about them when they win State!I'm not saying anything. I'm stating what I read. I emailed Collier-Sharp and asked them this. Would a team rated at 180 in 5A be the same as a Team rated at 180 in 3A. I will tell you their response when I receive it.Okie Dokie! wink

espn1
09-29-2003, 02:39 PM
See this Post: Burnet and Collier-Sharp

<small>[ September 29, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

espn1
09-29-2003, 03:20 PM
ttt

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi Jacket2000,
Please refresh my memory. Didn't you folks play a little bitty ol' 3A team last year. Refresh my memory, how did that turn out? I appreciate you
helpin' me out with my memory problems.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
PS: If you guys take them for granted, they just might do it again. They're a good team!

espn1
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Here is how the other post got started.

Jacket2000
09-30-2003, 01:20 AM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Hi Jacket2000,
Please refresh my memory. Didn't you folks play a little bitty ol' 3A team last year. Refresh my memory, how did that turn out? I appreciate you
helpin' me out with my memory problems.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
PS: If you guys take them for granted, they just might do it again. They're a good team!Ok, considerin' that you're a newbie, Im gonna be nice and take it easy on ya.But, first, dont make the mistake of thinkin' that Im gonna take offense to anything you say about Ennis.
Second, if you'd like to compare Ennis with Burnet, Id be more than glad to. But, I doubt that that would be a fair comparision.
And third, and most importantly....WHAT IN THE HELL DOES ENNIS HAVE TO DO WITH BURNET?! That may be the dumbest grammaticaly correct post Ive ever seen on here! Ennis losing to Marlin has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Burnet wouldn't be nearly as competitive in 4a.
J2K

spiveyrat
09-30-2003, 07:03 AM
IMO, I think you're dead wrong on this one Jacket. As we all know, Jasper moved down to 3A from 4A before last season. Jasper as a 4A school was in the playoffs pretty consistently. Look what Burnet did last year to one of the most stacked Jasper teams I can remember. If Burnet were 4A, I could see them sailing through 3 rounds this year (and last year too).

Pudlugger
09-30-2003, 07:21 AM
Well I wish that Burnet were 4a because any school with 940 + students certainly doesn't belong in 3a. It is obvious that there was something fishy with the 2001 UIL Re-Alignment keeping Burnet, Forney and Elgin 3a another 2 years. If Burnet doesn't win the DI Championship this year it may be a long while before they get there as a small 4a school. :rolleyes:

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

3afan
09-30-2003, 07:36 AM
Pudlugger:
Well I wish that Burnet were 4a because any school with 940 + students certainly doesn't belong in 3a. It is obvious that there was something fishy with the 2001 UIL Re-Alignment keeping Burnet, Forney and Elgin 3a another 2 years. If Burnet doesn't win the DI Championship this year it may be a long while before they get there as a small 4a school. :rolleyes: "obvious that there was something fishy" - schools cannot CHEAT on their enrollments, don't try to bring that up again. all these towns are going thru growth spurts and that why NOW they are over the enrollment max now - and there are probably others.

Jacket2000
09-30-2003, 08:41 AM
spiveyrat:
IMO, I think you're dead wrong on this one Jacket. As we all know, Jasper moved down to 3A from 4A before last season. Jasper as a 4A school was in the playoffs pretty consistently. Look what Burnet did last year to one of the most stacked Jasper teams I can remember. If Burnet were 4A, I could see them sailing through 3 rounds this year (and last year too).That's fine, you can disagree, but at least you know how to say it. That other idiot didn't even have the word "Burnet" in his post! But, as for Jasper, I dont think Burnet was as talented as Jasper was last season. I think Burnet just outplayed'em.
J2K

thunder
09-30-2003, 09:02 AM
last i heard burnet will be building a new high school very soon.oh did you know that burnet also has kids from bertram,oatmeal,joppa,out around lake bucanan,inks lake,lake victor,briggs,and surrounding outlying areas.should they be 4a yes 4 years ago. something fishy with all those surrounding lakes i would say so.

BIG19
09-30-2003, 09:13 AM
thunder, that is where Burnet pulls it's attendance from and has since Bertram's high school shut down many, many years ago. As for the new high school, it is not much different than LH building theirs not to long ago. Burnet has been in the present building for over 20 years and with the current population growth, it is time for a new building. You have to realize that the town of Burnet has NOT grown that much in the past 20 years. In 1983 the population was 3500 or so, now the population is just over 5000. The outlying areas is where we are getting all the kids, much like what LH is doing. So you might want to drop the "conspiracy theory" that is building within.

LowDownDawg
09-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Sign at the city limits says pop. 4735. Attendance at BHS this year is around 925. Burnet is growing, but not in town much. Most of it comes from outside the city limits. If Burnet were in 4A, they would probably be in the same district as Lampasas, Marble Falls, Dripping Springs, Fredericksburg, and a couple of more. Don't tell me you think that with those teams, they would only be a 3rd place rep. Burnet had not won a playoff game ever, until 1990, so cut some slack. Jealousy is ugly. Will they go 4A this year, don't know, I bet not. I think the number will be 950 and above.

spiveyrat
09-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Jacket2000:
[QUOTE] But, as for Jasper, I dont think Burnet was as talented as Jasper was last season. I think Burnet just outplayed'em.
J2KI DO agree with you there!

espn1
09-30-2003, 09:29 PM
BIG19:
thunder, that is where Burnet pulls it's attendance from and has since Bertram's high school shut down many, many years ago. As for the new high school, it is not much different than LH building theirs not to long ago. Burnet has been in the present building for over 20 years and with the current population growth, it is time for a new building. You have to realize that the town of Burnet has NOT grown that much in the past 20 years. In 1983 the population was 3500 or so, now the population is just over 5000. The outlying areas is where we are getting all the kids, much like what LH is doing. So you might want to drop the "conspiracy theory" that is building within.Actually you're 10 years off. The High School opened in 1973.

BIG19
10-01-2003, 07:33 AM
I said over 20 years wink Just wasn't sure of how far over.

b-townhottie06
10-01-2003, 05:14 PM
I THINK PEOPLE ARE JUST JEALOUS OF OUR FOOTBALL TEAM B/C WE ACTAULLY WIN. I THINK THE PEOPLE TALKING SMACK ABOUT BURNET ARE PROBABLY PEOPLE WE BEAT BADLY! (oh and my friend says yall are also jealous of her!)

20dawgz05
10-01-2003, 05:16 PM
HAHAH yeah thats right u are jelouse of me all yall bow down hahaha j/k....i think ppl talk alot of trash!!!!!!

olddawggreen
10-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Actually your both a little off, we moved into the new highschool midterm my sophmore year, this would have been late 1971 or early 1972.

espn1
10-01-2003, 09:28 PM
olddawggreen:
Actually your both a little off, we moved into the new highschool midterm my sophmore year, this would have been late 1971 or early 1972.Actually I think it was in 71.