PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta-Daingerfield

Matthew328
11-15-2001, 01:34 AM
Not a lot being said about this game between 2 traditional powers in East Texas..any thoughts on this one? I like Atlnata but I think Daingerfield can keep it close...

fatcat255
11-15-2001, 04:07 AM
Atlanta is such a hard team to read. They obviously have a good defense,(having posted 6 shutouts and not allowing more than 14 points in any one game) but have not put up the type of offensive numbers one would assume a top 10 type team normally would. Maybe their defense is so good they can more or less just coast in the second half.

Of the 6 teams the Rabbs held scoreless, only 1 team had a winning record. 2 were winless, 1 had 1 victory (over a winless team), and the other 2 won only 4 each.

Daingerfield also has a very good defense and an off-and-on offense. The Tigers played one of the most difficult non-district schedules in the region and slowed down some of the better offenses in the area. Daingerfield held high-powered Gladewater, Lindale & Spring Hill to a combined average of only 14 points per game, well below their normal output.

Gonna guess that Daingerfield's difficult schedule and playoff tradition will give them an edge.

Wallace, Wallace & Mims will have a big day.

Upset Special ** Daingerfield 16 Atlanta 14

Whoever wins this game will have a tough, tough road to win the region.

Round 1. Daingerfield/Atlanta
Round 2. Winnsboro or White Oak
Round 3. Commerce or Pottsboro
Round 4. Gladewater,Spring Hill,Queen City,Wilmer-Hutchins or Crandall.

Region 2 winner will be beat up by the time they reach State Semi-Finals.

[This message has been edited by fatcat255 (edited November 15, 2001).]

old dragon
11-15-2001, 09:26 AM
FatCat you are so right on all accounts I think. Daingerfield can play exceptional ball at times on both sides of the ball.They also know what it takes to win in the playoffs," proof is in the pudding".I pick an upset also. Tigers 14---- Rabbits 10.

eye of the tiger
11-15-2001, 10:27 AM
dont think there will be a lot of scoring in this one but i have go with atlanta. rabbits by 3.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
11-15-2001, 10:44 AM
Well lthe Rabbs may not score alot but why score when you know the game is already won.The Rabbs dont play to run the score up the yplay to get the win.On all but one of those shut outs they just took it easy in the second half.They brought in the second string in the second quater on some of those games.The clock never stopped on two of those games in the second half.They kept it going no matter if some one went out of bounds missed a catch or what ever.They just ran the clock out.Their non district was also tough.They started with Texas High a one time top ten in 4A then beat the very bad strugling L-K but then went on to demolish a semi good Paris team who with over two minutes left and in side the 20 the Rabbs just sit on the ball instead of going for the easy score. So just because the scores are not big doesnt mean they dont have the offense to score.They know how to score when they need to score and the defense takes care of the rest.
Atlanta 27
Daingerfield 13