PDA

View Full Version : GP-Sinton game story and stats...

SintonFan
09-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Follow this link to theCCCTwebsite...
http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_sports/article/0,1641,CCCT_878_1402467,00.html

It was an ugly win against a great team but we'll take it! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

eye of the tiger
09-07-2002, 10:26 PM
Always better to win ugly instead of losing ugly. 14 more just like it and you are state champs. Congrats on the win.

SintonFan
09-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Some of the buzz I've heard includes a 1 yard line stand from the Sinton D that I believe is something that will help in the future.

sinton66
09-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Well buddy, *I* thoroughly enjoyed the game, and it wasn't really all that ugly. Two of their deep "fumbles" were definitely big hits and strips by Sinton's D. You might also be interested to know that Sinton ran one and only one misdirection play and Adrian went the 77 yards for the touchdown on it. Another consideration the "local" paper forgot to mention is that every single GP drive was kept alive by one or more Sinton penalties. We even got one "roughing the passer" penalty called against us, and the same ref convieniently was watching where the ball went instead of watching Adrian as he was supposed to, and missed calling one on GP even though he was standing about 3 yards west of Adrian when the GP player hit him 3 steps after the delivery. Bottom line, the O line still needs work and Bubba needs to step up into the "playmaker" role quickly. He did however have a good catch Friday night that kept a drive alive. We're getting there slowly, but it's all good!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Great Job Pirates on another win. I think these first two games of showing flashes of being a great team can come together quicker if the playing calling starts to improve. I'm sure it will come around in the next few game. i didnt think the referre's did a bad job, i felt the playing calling was worst; especially before the half. The coaches didnt know to run out the clock or try to do something. they should've known before they got the ball. Adrian look good on his throws in the 4th Qrt. Slow start but 2 wins.

sinton66
09-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Sinton's coming along. We should definitely know over the next two weeks what the team will do this year. Also, no sense in showing your hand before district. Probably why we didn't do any misdirection to speak of against adefinite speed team. Gotta trust the coaches know what they're doing.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 08, 2002).]