PDA

View Full Version : So District 23 Falls Out Like This

buff4ever
10-23-2007, 01:51 PM
GIDDINGS BEATS CALDWELL, BELLVILLE BEATS LG, NAVASOTA BEATS SMITHVILLE

GIDDINGS BEATS BELLVILLE, NAVASOTA BEATS CALDWELL, LG BEATS SMITHVILLE IN A BARN BURNER

GIDDINGS BEATS SMITHVILLE, NAVASOTA BEATS LG, AND BELLVILLE BEATS CALDWELL IN THE END AGAIN FOR THE BIG SURPRISE WITH 28 POINTS IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES WOOOOOWWWWW

1. GIDDINGS
2. NAVASOTA
3 BELLVILLE

The above is obviously just a scenario dreamed by myself, but just wanted everyone to stay grounded and realize the whole picture.

NOTE: THIS POST AND THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS WEEKS GAME BETWEEN GIDDINGS AND CALDWELL. i said i was done, i'm done!!

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Love it buff! Since it is all a dream here is mine -- dreams do come true ya know!

CALDWELL BEATS GIDDINGS
BELLVILLE BEATS LG
NAVASOTA BEATS SMITHVILLE

CALDWELL BEATS NAVASOTA
GIDDINGS BEATS BELLVILLE
LG BEATS SMITHVILLE IN A BARN BURNER (I LIKE THAT ONE)

GIDDINGS BEATS SMITHVILLE
NAVASOTA BEATS LG
AND.........CALDWELL BEATS BELLVILLE CONVINCINGLY FOR THE BIG SURPRISE WITH 50+ POINTS ON THE BOARD!

1. CALDWELL
2. GIDDINGS
3. NAVASOTA

buff4life
10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
1. Giddings who will beat Caldwell
2. Navasota
3. Caldwell

i reserve judgement on that after friday night's game (it will tell me who will be 2 and 3, Giddings will be number 1:D :devil: :D

trg
10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
In the first scenario, what happens if Caldwell beats Navasota and everything else stays the same. Would that mean that Caldwell, Navasota, and Bellville are all tied or what?

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
why all the internet yelling??? typing in all caps = yelling

oh and for some reason Jerry Maguire yelling "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" comes to mind :D

buff4ever
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
yes that would make a 3 way tie, take it to the point system.

I THINK MOST OF YOU MISSED THE POINT TO THIS THREAD, IT WAS TO SHOW THAT CALDWELL FALLS TO AVERAGE AGAIN AND JUST SHORT OF THE PLAYOFFS. IT SUCKS FOR THEM THAT NAVASOTA IS AS GOOD AS THEY ARE, B/C IT WILL PUT LOTS OF PRESSURE ON THAT BELLVILLE GAME THAT WENT SOUTH LAST YEAR.

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
You are killing me buff! But it's ok, I understand. I would be worried too if I was a Giddings fan this week. Trying to talk down the Caldwell team and players and get in their head thinking they are "average" is a good strategy...just not one that's going to work! :D

buff4life
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
You are killing me buff! But it's ok, I understand. I would be worried too if I was a Giddings fan this week. Trying to talk down the Caldwell team and players and get in their head thinking they are "average" is a good strategy...just not one that's going to work! :D

well you made them seem like they could conquer heaven so averaging the two is a good medium lol

winthebigone
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

I THINK MOST OF YOU MISSED THE POINT TO THIS THREAD, IT WAS TO SHOW THAT CALDWELL FALLS TO AVERAGE AGAIN AND JUST SHORT OF THE PLAYOFFS. IT SUCKS FOR THEM THAT NAVASOTA IS AS GOOD AS THEY ARE, B/C IT WILL PUT LOTS OF PRESSURE ON THAT BELLVILLE GAME THAT WENT SOUTH LAST YEAR.

Caldwell is #2 in the state (yes you heard it, the state) in rushing yards. A very poor Cleveland team played Navasota within 7 points, with the very same offensive scheme. The Hornets will donkey punch the Rattlers. They will not run the "read" scheme that has been crowed about on here by Giddings fans. The Hornets will run RIGHT AT Navasota. They will rack up their average, which is 450+ yards of offense and 43+ points. The defense turned the corner this week and will only get better. I see the same fate for the Brahmas.

If Giddings doesn't bring their A game, they will get run out of the stadium. Take it to the bank.

navscanmaster
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Caldwell is #2 in the state (yes you heard it, the state) in rushing yards. A very poor Cleveland team played Navasota within 7 points, with the very same offensive scheme. The Hornets will donkey punch the Rattlers. They will not run the "read" scheme that has been crowed about on here by Giddings fans. The Hornets will run RIGHT AT Navasota. They will rack up their average, which is 450+ yards of offense and 43+ points. The defense turned the corner this week and will only get better. I see the same fate for the Brahmas.

If Giddings doesn't bring their A game, they will get run out of the stadium. Take it to the bank.

Coincidentally, the Rattlers stayed in their base defense throughout the entire Cleveland game, and made no adjustments. Fedora knew his team could win the game without showing off anything other than his basic defense. And he did. And who was there on their bye week but the entire freakin Hornet coaching staff! Buddy, the number one team in the state, who has earned that title (I don't care what Caldwell fans say, Brock would look awful silly out there all by himself snapping to himself, blocking for himself, and playing defense all by himself)couldn't get rolling against the Rattlers, who did make adjustments and played a great defensive game.
Now about that Slot T offense, it is very hard to stop regardless of who is running it. Good teams make the pitches, catch the snaps, and block well and get those kind of points and yardage even with average athletes. Caldwell is blessed this year with an above average back and a super back that really get the impressive stats and points easy. Giddings won't stop their running game, and Navasota won't stop their running game. But Navasota and Giddings both have the kinds of offense that are capable of matching up well in terms of possession and size, and if Caldwell gets too many of those quick TDs in either game (70 and 80 yard runs), then their defense will be hung out to dry. And I don't know how many Hornets go both ways, but if it is a lot of them, then the offense will suffer from fatigue also.

My prediction, if Caldwell wins in Giddings, then they will win in Navasota. If they fall to Giddings, then they will fall in Navasota. I predicted Caldwell would take this one in an overtime thriller, but now I have pondered it and I think the Buffalos will prevail. They are at home, and they will keep the Hornet O off the field long enough to win.

1. Giddings (5-0)
2. Navasota (4-1)
3. Caldwell (3-2)
4. Bellville (2-3)
5. LaGrange (1-4)
6. Smithville (0-5)

Darren
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM

GIDDINGS BEATS BELLVILLE, NAVASOTA BEATS CALDWELL, LG BEATS SMITHVILLE IN A BARN BURNER

GIDDINGS BEATS SMITHVILLE, NAVASOTA BEATS LG, AND BELLVILLE BEATS CALDWELL IN THE END AGAIN FOR THE BIG SURPRISE WITH 28 POINTS IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES WOOOOOWWWWW

1. GIDDINGS
2. NAVASOTA
3 BELLVILLE

The above is obviously just a scenario dreamed by myself, but just wanted everyone to stay grounded and realize the whole picture.

NOTE: THIS POST AND THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS WEEKS GAME BETWEEN GIDDINGS AND CALDWELL. i said i was done, i'm done!!

I like it.....

zebrablue2
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
turning into a classic thread.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2007, 11:16 PM

Caldwell will play 3 very good teams in a row, the best 3 to date, Giddings will win even if Fitzhenry did not play, after the lose to Giddings, Navasota will show the Hornets they are for real, after the lose to Navasota, Caldwell will realize that buff4ever knew what he was talking about.:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone

Must be a Caldwell Hornet making predictions like this. After the Coldspring, Bellville, and Giddings games, you should know that you can't judge the Rattlers based on the Cleveland game. Why would you anyways? Any true sports fan knows that games are all about match ups no matter the level or sport. Yes, the Rattlers have room to improve on defence, but who doesn't. Let's see how well the Hornets defend the Rattlers' spread! Its getting old now talking about the Rattlers defense. I have yet to see a team that has shut the Rattlers down offensively. Honestly, I do not think that anyone in the district can do that. Giddings did an okay job; however, the Rattlers were their biggest enemy last week in a game that they should have won.

orangeblood
10-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Caldwell will play 3 very good teams in a row, the best 3 to date, Giddings will win even if Fitzhenry did not play, after the lose to Giddings, Navasota will show the Hornets they are for real, after the lose to Navasota, Caldwell will realize that buff4ever knew what he was talking about.:clap:

PLEASE!!!!!!!! I'll say it again " overated - exposed - dissapointed"

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2007, 11:34 PM
I really liked the play of the Bellville. With the talk of getting some key defensive players back, I really think that they will make the playoffs.

1. Giddings
2. Navasota
3. Bellville

orangeblood
10-23-2007, 11:42 PM

1. GIDDINGS
2. NAVASOTA
3 BELLVILLE

You Giddings folks might be onto to something, You think Bellville is better than us because of last year, you think Navasota is better, so with that comes the rankings from 3ADL, Dave Cambell and the AP polls. If those folks are wrong about Bellville, Navasota and Caldwell's ranking then I'm sold they are wrong about Giddings #1 ranking as well. And since you want to talk about last year, and by some accident Giddings makes it to the semi-final game I'm quite sure you will be happy knowing that LH will be in division 2... I believe the won last year. And as you almost witnessed a comeback by giddings I witnessed the real deal in Bellville. Haven't you heard, no you will find out Friday why Caldwell is P.I.S.T........ and I will leave it at that....

UPanIN
10-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Caldwell may be P.I.S.T'd but until they beat someone :hand: .

Bull's-eye
10-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Caldwell doesn't seem to be getting any respect, I guess they will have to earn it on the field. IMO, a lot of people have no idea about the Hornets. It was the only time I've seen Giddings, but they looked beatable against Navasota. As for the playoffs, nobody has clinched a berth and it is still wide open. Somebody posted a while back stating that no team would go undefeated and that is still a possibility. If Navasota and Bellville win this week, there will be a 3 way tie for second.

buff4life
10-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
You Giddings folks might be onto to something, You think Bellville is better than us because of last year, you think Navasota is better, so with that comes the rankings from 3ADL, Dave Cambell and the AP polls. If those folks are wrong about Bellville, Navasota and Caldwell's ranking then I'm sold they are wrong about Giddings #1 ranking as well. And since you want to talk about last year, and by some accident Giddings makes it to the semi-final game I'm quite sure you will be happy knowing that LH will be in division 2... I believe the won last year. And as you almost witnessed a comeback by giddings I witnessed the real deal in Bellville. Haven't you heard, no you will find out Friday why Caldwell is P.I.S.T........ and I will leave it at that....

You just confused me with that statement...the only thing i got out of it was that your angry...lol:mad: :mad:

orangeblood
10-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
You just confused me with that statement...the only thing i got out of it was that your angry...lol:mad: :mad:

Earlier in one of your post you said you see it playing out like this with Giddings, Navasota and Bellville all beating us. With that statement I figured the ranking system doesn't really mean anything ( which it really doesn't ) so I figured if looking at stats you feel we are not a top 10 team that can beat Navasota and Bellville, then I know for sure Giddings is not the #1 team in the state in 3A. Can't live in the past with what was accomplished last year or lost last year. It's a new season, and unlike College football High school has a play-off system thank goodness. See ya @ the M&G......

buff4life
10-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Earlier in one of your post you said you see it playing out like this with Giddings, Navasota and Bellville all beating us. With that statement I figured the ranking system doesn't really mean anything ( which it really doesn't ) so I figured if looking at stats you feel we are not a top 10 team that can beat Navasota and Bellville, then I know for sure Giddings is not the #1 team in the state in 3A. Can't live in the past with what was accomplished last year or lost last year. It's a new season, and unlike College football High school has a play-off system thank goodness. See ya @ the M&G......

you are confused sir i never said that...but your right thank goodness we have a playoff system, that way we can beat yall twice :D :D

orangeblood
10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
you are confused sir i never said that...but your right thank goodness we have a playoff system, that way we can beat yall twice :D :D

You are right I am confused it was your twin brother. Sorry. Beat us twice I think NOT!!!!

LoveTheHornets
10-24-2007, 10:24 PM
The facts are these: Caldwell has a good team. Giddings has a good team. Navasota has a good team. All the teams have their strengths and weaknesses. Smack-talking aside, what it's going to boil down to is which team can keep its head during the games, which team can keep itself from getting down if the tide turns against it, and which team simply wants it more.

The next two weeks will be verrrry interesting!

Now, that being said, GO HORNETS!

buff4life
10-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheHornets
The facts are these: Caldwell has a good team. Giddings has a good team. Navasota has a good team. All the teams have their strengths and weaknesses. Smack-talking aside, what it's going to boil down to is which team can keep its head during the games, which team can keep itself from getting down if the tide turns against it, and which team simply wants it more.

The next two weeks will be verrrry interesting!

Now, that being said, GO HORNETS!

wow, band waggoner or not, level headed, i like it...

yoemenkracker30
10-25-2007, 12:22 AM
1. Caldwell (5-0)
2. Giddings (4-1)
3. Navasota (3-2)
4. Bellville (2-3)
5. LaGrange (1-4)
6. Smithville (0-5)

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
1. Caldwell (5-0)
2. Giddings (4-1)
3. Navasota (3-2)
4. Bellville (2-3)
5. LaGrange (1-4)
6. Smithville (0-5)

I really don't think that Caldwell can go into Giddings and Navasota and get out of there with wins. But hey, it's possible. If they do, they will have my respect and attention.

buff4ever
10-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I must say I am not impressed with all of the band wagoners from caldwell. Where have you been for all these years while your team has struggled and needed you the most.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say you have kids on the team for the first time, so you haven't kept up enough to get on a board; or you just got your first computer. With that being said, where have you been all year. Your team has played 6 or 7 games they have been practicing since the first week in august and you people only decide to jump on the 3a down low band wagon this week when you play giddings, a team that has been in this position for several years and many years before that as well. Most of you are getting on here to talk your boys up and try to convence them or others that they are as good as giddings and sometimes making up opinions about heart and dedication to try and claim they are better than giddings.

All-in-all I am unimpressed. I will probably be more impressed with your teams play than your band wagoners' down low intelligence. I am not calling out any one poster, I am just asking where have you all been till now, and why the one-sidedness and directed comments. Some of you are only guilty of one of my accusations, some of you are guilty of more than one, and some all. The veteran chs posters are legit and deserve respect for their opinions and input!

Sorry about my rant, it's just seeing another 1st or 2nd or 9th post by band wagoners have driven me to this point. New people come to this board everyday, these chs band wagoners just don't compare to any I have seen.

buff4life
10-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I must say I am not impressed with all of the band wagoners from caldwell. Where have you been for all these years while your team has struggled and needed you the most.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say you have kids on the team for the first time, so you haven't kept up enough to get on a board; or you just got your first computer. With that being said, where have you been all year. Your team has played 6 or 7 games they have been practicing since the first week in august and you people only decide to jump on the 3a down low band wagon this week when you play giddings, a team that has been in this position for several years and many years before that as well. Most of you are getting on here to talk your boys up and try to convence them or others that they are as good as giddings and sometimes making up opinions about heart and dedication to try and claim they are better than giddings.

All-in-all I am unimpressed. I will probably be more impressed with your teams play than your band wagoners' down low intelligence. I am not calling out any one poster, I am just asking where have you all been till now, and why the one-sidedness and directed comments. Some of you are only guilty of one of my accusations, some of you are guilty of more than one, and some all. The veteran chs posters are legit and deserve respect for their opinions and input!

Sorry about my rant, it's just seeing another 1st or 2nd or 9th post by band wagoners have driven me to this point. New people come to this board everyday, these chs band wagoners just don't compare to any I have seen.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :eek: :nerd: :clap: :clap:

you tell'em buff

buff4life
10-25-2007, 01:07 PM
anyway

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/06/46/98/image_4098466.jpg

Hornet Mom 2
10-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Everyone has to be a "newbee" at some point in time. I honestly did not even know about this site until a couple of weeks ago and I have followed and supported Caldwell sports (football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball and track) for many many years. Yes you will be impressed with the teams play on Friday, and will gain respect for them...as we will for Giddings. It's all about the boys and the game, the rest is just talk!

buff4ever
10-25-2007, 01:22 PM
You didn't explain why just now this week against giddings, w/ so much hard feelings towards giddings and our kids.

Hornet Mom 2
10-25-2007, 01:34 PM
You didn't explain why just now this week against giddings, w/ so much hard feelings towards giddings and our kids.

I have no hard feelings towards the giddings kids (and have never expressed that I do). And I think I did explain why I just started posting. I learned about the site about two weeks ago. I watched it for a while and decided I wanted to be able to contribute/comment. Not just because of the game this week. Yes, it happened to fall at that time. One of the newest threads that was started the day (or maybe day after) I became a member was the Caldwell/Giddings who's gonna win thread. Timing I guess is why. No other hidden reason. I have been posting on the KBTX.com Blog about HS football teams since the third day they had it up, which I think was in August??

buff4life
10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I have no hard feelings towards the giddings kids (and have never expressed that I do). And I think I did explain why I just started posting. I learned about the site about two weeks ago. I watched it for a while and decided I wanted to be able to contribute/comment. Not just because of the game this week. Yes, it happened to fall at that time. One of the newest threads that was started the day (or maybe day after) I became a member was the Caldwell/Giddings who's gonna win thread. Timing I guess is why. No other hidden reason. I have been posting on the KBTX.com Blog about HS football teams since the third day they had it up, which I think was in August??

she may qualify for one of the exempt few..

buff4ever
10-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Exempt few what, people who were all of what I was talking about or few as in not here for the wrong reason. Because keep in mind the narrow-mindedness that she posted about their kids wanting it more, working harder, and having more hard crap. RIDICULOUS!

However, she has gotten better, maybe she is maturing into a more typical 3a down low poster quicker than some of the other band wagoners.

buff4ever
10-25-2007, 04:38 PM
yes I typed hard crap on purpose, I as about to type heart, but after the previous items on the list I couldn't.

Hornet Mom 2
10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Exempt few what, people who were all of what I was talking about or few as in not here for the wrong reason. Because keep in mind the narrow-mindedness that she posted about their kids wanting it more, working harder, and having more hard crap. RIDICULOUS!

However, she has gotten better, maybe she is maturing into a more typical 3a down low poster quicker than some of the other band wagoners.

If a "typical" 3a downlow poster is someone that attacks people simply to get posts going again, then I don't want to be typical.

You are trying to REMIND people of my earlier posts to get them to say something, to side with you, or whatever. You don't have to do that, they can go read them for themselves. Of course I think our kids want it more and work harder, just like the Giddings folks think that about theirs. That does not mean that any of us are right in our assumptions, just that we believe in our teams. You are just trying to get something started on here because the thread has died down.

I am not a band-waggoner. I am a firm supporter of my team -- have been for many years and will continue to be no matter how they do in their respective sports.

buff4ever
10-25-2007, 05:18 PM
If a "typical" 3a downlow poster is someone that attacks people simply to get posts going again, then I don't want to be typical.

You are trying to REMIND people of my earlier posts to get them to say something, to side with you, or whatever. You don't have to do that, they can go read them for themselves. Of course I think our kids want it more and work harder, just like the Giddings folks think that about theirs. That does not mean that any of us are right in our assumptions, just that we believe in our teams. You are just trying to get something started on here because the thread has died down.

I am not a band-waggoner. I am a firm supporter of my team -- have been for many years and will continue to be no matter how they do in their respective sports.

YOUR QUOTE FROM ANOTHER THREAD:
I can't guarantee a win because I am not one of the players or coaches. But I can guarantee that the Hornets will come out with more intensity, more determination and more teamwork than Giddings. The Caldwell football team is just that, a team. We have two of the top running backs in the state, and both of them are glad when the other gets the ball and gains yardage. They don't complain if their number is not called, they encourage their team and support the efforts of their teammates.

If you are at the game Friday night, watch the sidelines when you can. There is nothing but support and enthusiasm. The defense pumps up the offense and vice versa. If Giddings scores, the offense is not going to get down on their defense, they are going to support them. If we are forced to punt (which does not happen very often) our D will go back on the field and get the ball back for the O.

Giddings has some talented athletes, but they depend too much on one piece of that talent. Surely everyone here has heard the saying, HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT FAILS TO WORK HARD. The Hornets work hard day in and day out. It would be easy for a team that averages 43 points a game to slack up a little and think they don't have to work as hard, but that does not happen. They work hard for every yard, every point, every turnover, and every tackle.

I don't know about the Giddings players, but the Caldwell players are not only teammates, they are friends. Most of these guys have grown up together since kindergarten. Some of them left the football program for a couple of years, and when they decided to come back and play, there were no hard feelings, no one complaining that, hey, that kid has not played for two years and now he's on the field. They support each other in every aspect of life, not just football.

No one can guarantee a win, but I can guarantee that no matter what the scoreboard says when the clock ticks down to zero in the 4th quarter on Friday night, Caldwell will be the winners of the battle. Everyone will know who the better team is, no matter what the final score is.
YOUR QUOTE FROM OTHER THREAD ENDS HERE:

OKAY, thanx for responding I been waiting on a reason to bring this post of yours back up. YOU MAKE A LOT OF GUARANTEES HERE, some of which are some of the reason for my calling SOME of you band wagoners out. I

I won't say much more on this topic, but before you go saying I am just trying to bring things back up, read the thread I pulled your second quote from and you will find out I quit posting with you narrow minded people on sat. or sun. and refused to type specifically on the game with yall on that thread, and haven't really typed about the game much on this thread or the M&G thread. Even with my refusing to deal with some posters on this game, some have still managed to force me to call out the non-sense on other threads. UNBELIEVABLE!

Hornet Mom 2
10-25-2007, 06:07 PM
My first post was not until Tuesday of this week...so apparntly if you stopped posting on Saturday or Sunday, it was before I even started.

So chaste me for my beliefs in my team. If you have nothing better to gripe at me about, so be it.

Panther One
10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Coincidentally, the Rattlers stayed in their base defense throughout the entire Cleveland game, and made no adjustments. Fedora knew his team could win the game without showing off anything other than his basic defense. And he did.
I'm not buying it. You only won by seven. I could understand this argument if your offense put up 40, but I have a hard time believing any coach would just sit in their base defense in such a close game.

A few plays into the game, the Caldwell coaches are going to have an idea of what you are doing defensively, so it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to risk losing a game to hide a defensive gameplan. There are only so many things you can do against the slot T, and I'm sure Caldwell has seen them all...well, except for Celina's 10-1 defense.

And why are two Giddings posters that haven't even been on this site a year calling out Caldwell posters who just registered?

LoveTheHornets
10-25-2007, 08:52 PM
wow, band waggoner or not, level headed, i like it...

I have been a Hornet fan for many, many years. I know the kids personally and have a lot of emotion invested in both them and the game.

I just discovered the site recently, and I have been lurking for a while and reading posts. I finally felt like responding because while I would like to see the Hornets win, I know that neither team is necessarily all that better than the other one. Both teams will be exceptionally prepared tomorrow night. Both teams will come out onto that field ready to play their hearts out.

It's gonna be a GREAT game! I can't wait until 7:30 tomorrow night!

buff4life
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I'm not buying it. You only won by seven. I could understand this argument if your offense put up 40, but I have a hard time believing any coach would just sit in their base defense in such a close game.

A few plays into the game, the Caldwell coaches are going to have an idea of what you are doing defensively, so it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to risk losing a game to hide a defensive gameplan. There are only so many things you can do against the slot T, and I'm sure Caldwell has seen them all...well, except for Celina's 10-1 defense.

And why are two Giddings posters that haven't even been on this site a year calling out Caldwell posters who just registered?

and you seem to just read sir...BUT we're saying bandwagoner because they are joining THIS week to post on the Giddings Caldwell thread...their first post are downing Giddings..not directed at one person but majority...and i've been here for a year by the way

Rattlesnake_08
10-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Well at least this week, as long as Navasota and Bellville get the easy wins (which they will) then we will have a three way tie for second (with Navasota having the upper-hand if Caldwell loses, because they beat Bellville and yet to play Caldwell; or Giddings having the upper hand on second place, because they beat Navasota and yet to play Bellville). Then next week at least two of the teams tied for second will play each other, thus gaining the upper-hand on second. Then in two weeks it will be interesting to see who does make it to the play-offs.

Giddings:
Say Giddings wins this week (3-0), so basically they'll be guareenteed a play-off spot. or at least they'll be eligible.

OR

Say Giddings loses this week (2-1), Navasota wins (2-1), and Bellville wins (2-1); then we have a three way for second going into week 4. Then say Giddings beats Bellville, then they are eligible that way.

OR

Say the same thing happens, but Giddings loses at "The Pasture of Pain," then they fall to 2-2; which would put them in third no matter what (if Navasota loses then they have the upper-hand in a tie for third; if Navasota wins then they slip into third behind a three way tie for first). This would mean Giddings would need to beat Smithville (which they will), and hope for a Bellville loss and a Navasota loss, so that there are no ties or at least ties in which they do not have the upper-hand.

The easiest thing for Giddings is just to win the next two games to assure themselves of a play-off spot. Think it will happen this way? Doubt it!

Navasota:
Say Navasota wins this week (which they shouldn't have a problem doing) then they improve to 2-1, and will find themselves in a least a two way tie for second possibly three. Then say they catch Caldwell off-guard at home next week, this will qualify Navasota for the play-offs, although not gurantee them.

OR

Say Navasota wins this week and improves to 2-1. Then plays the district leader (again) at home; if Navasota wins then they will tie themselves for the lead along with either Giddings or Bellville (assuming Bellville wins this week). This is a position Navasota would want to be in to get to the play-offs

OR

Say the same thing happens, but Navasota loses at home. Then Navasota will fall to third along with somebody else (again assuming Bellville wins this week). If it is Bellville they are tied with then Navasota will have to beat La Grange no matter what, and want Bellville to lose to Caldwell; but if Bellville does beat Caldwell then Navasota and Bellville will be tied for third, and I'm not sure what it comes down to then.

OR

Navasota improves to 2-1, but Caldwell falls to 2-1, then Navasota is still in a tie in second with Caldwell and possibly Bellville. Then say Navasota beats Caldwell improves to (3-1) and say Bellville beats Giddings improving to (3-1) in that case there is a three way tie for first with Caldwell hanging in forth or vise versa with Bellville hanging in forth.

OR

Say the same thing happens, but Navasota loses to Caldwell. If Bellville beats Giddings then they improve to 3-1 while Navasota falls to 2-2. Then Navasota would need to beat La Grange, and have Caldwell beat Bellville.

By far the easiest thing for Navasota is to win out...Is it possible? Maybe.

Caldwell:
If Caldwell beats Giddings then they'll both be in kind of the same boat for the rest of the season...Realistically the winner of Giddings and Caldwell has the easiest road to the play-offs, although the loser doesn't have a tough route, but cannot afford many mistakes.

If Caldwell loses then it looks like they might just get themselves into a dogfight with Navasota and Bellville (Which would be interesting to see how a three-way tie between these three would play out).

Bellville:
No doubt that Bellville has the hardest road to the play-offs, but they can do it. As we know from the past, they have the ability to always find a way. Look for Bellville to be the dark-horse in D23 and in Region III if they make it to the play-offs.

Personally I see D23 ending up like this:
1. Giddings (4-1)
1. Caldwell (4-1)
1. Navasota (4-1)
4. Bellville (2-3)
5. Smithville (1-4)
6. La Grange (0-5)

Panther One
10-25-2007, 11:28 PM
and you seem to just read sir...BUT we're saying bandwagoner because they are joining THIS week to post on the Giddings Caldwell thread...their first post are downing Giddings..not directed at one person but majority...and i've been here for a year by the way
You've got five days til a year....

I've been posting since 2002. I was more active under previous names. I just don't have the time to devote to the internet as much these days. Plus, our team's been doing the talking for me the past couple of years.

I was around when this site caused some major stuff in Giddings with one of their previous coaches. Can't remember the guy's name, but it was the coach who came in after Ivey left for Conroe. Seems he didn't like what some people were saying about him on here and accused one of his own coaches of making the posts. If I recall, I think that guy lasted a year...fun times. The power of the downlow!

CHS Pride
10-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey Buff4Ever, too bad we can't all be veteran members and as saavy at posting on 3Adown low as you. Maybe you should think about starting some sort of class on 3Adownlow posting. You know like - (1)when is the correct time to become a member (2) how to post without attacking other towns or teams (especially the Giddings Buffalow) and (3) how to voice your opinion without attacking another team or town (especially the Giddings Buffalow) oh yea and (4) how to become a member and post without being labeled a bandwagoner.
You know you are really not good for 3Adownlow business. There are a lot of people who read these post but are probably afraid of posting due to being attacked and humiliated by you. And before you start in on me I'll go ahead give you a little background about me. I graduated in 1981 and am old enough to be your mom. I was a Caldwell Hornet cheerleader for 6 years and supported (gone to the games - out of town as well as home games) of the Hornets every year since- not only football but basketball, baseball, volleyball and track. I have a son that graduated in 2005 and was on the football, baseball and track team. I now have a son who is on the current Hornet Football team and baseball team and have a son who will start his Jr. High season next year. Oh yea and I am an officer of the Athletic Booster Club and have been for 5 years. Now if this does not meet the definition of a Hornet supporter just because it does not include years or months of 3Adownlow member or poster then I am confused. Seems to me that your definition of supporter and not bandwagoner all revolves around being a 3Adownlow member and blasting away at people who come on here for the first, fifth or maybe tenth time to voice their opinion. To close, I hope to see you tomorrow night and Good Luck.

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2007, 12:00 AM

If you were at the game, you would know that Navasota was never in jeopardy of losing the game. Everytime we had a possession, we scored. Cleveland did a great job of controlling the game. It was a learning experience for both the team and the coaches. And, I would say that the Rattlers did indeed learn from their mistakes and moved on. The only thing that matter now is how the Rattlers are playing in district. I am a firm believer that it doens't matter how you start, it's all about how you finish.

buff4ever
10-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by CHS Pride
Hey Buff4Ever, too bad we can't all be veteran members and as saavy at posting on 3Adown low as you. Maybe you should think about starting some sort of class on 3Adownlow posting. You know like - (1)when is the correct time to become a member (2) how to post without attacking other towns or teams (especially the Giddings Buffalow) and (3) how to voice your opinion without attacking another team or town (especially the Giddings Buffalow) oh yea and (4) how to become a member and post without being labeled a bandwagoner.
You know you are really not good for 3Adownlow business. There are a lot of people who read these post but are probably afraid of posting due to being attacked and humiliated by you. And before you start in on me I'll go ahead give you a little background about me. I graduated in 1981 and am old enough to be your mom. I was a Caldwell Hornet cheerleader for 6 years and supported (gone to the games - out of town as well as home games) of the Hornets every year since- not only football but basketball, baseball, volleyball and track. I have a son that graduated in 2005 and was on the football, baseball and track team. I now have a son who is on the current Hornet Football team and baseball team and have a son who will start his Jr. High season next year. Oh yea and I am an officer of the Athletic Booster Club and have been for 5 years. Now if this does not meet the definition of a Hornet supporter just because it does not include years or months of 3Adownlow member or poster then I am confused. Seems to me that your definition of supporter and not bandwagoner all revolves around being a 3Adownlow member and blasting away at people who come on here for the first, fifth or maybe tenth time to voice their opinion. To close, I hope to see you tomorrow night and Good Luck.

I am going to explain a few thing to you, then maybe we can get a long real well, I WANT TO. First off, I am almost old enough to be your Daddy. I have been a buffalo for a very long time.

The reason for the "band wagoners" label is b/c it started very heavily this week while you are playing giddings. On top of that you are not getting on here to talk about how good the game should be, you are getting on here to try and put down giddngs.

The talk on this board should have been about how great the two teams are and how they are both very effecient ground offenses. It should have been about where is everyone going to sit or stand to watch the game. It should be one exciting atmosphere and most of you want to ugly it up with accusations and pointed comments. The buff posters haven't harped on the fact that caldwell has crumbled every year for a while now, and the hornet fans haven't acknowledged that giddings has been here before and will show up to play.

With all of this being said, it will be a great game tonite, and we expect caldwell to give it everything and potentially be one exciting finish one way or the other.

navscanmaster
10-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Kinda how I feel, but that was strange how Cleveland moved the ball so well against the Rattlers, and then a few weeks later, Navasota holds the Buffs to 7 early second half points and then locks down. It speaks of improvement. Every team the Rattlers faced this year, Madisonville (Whaley), Hempstead (speedy backs), Cleveland (Slot T), Coldspring (Option/great tailback), and Bellville (Nunn), has had a run heavy offense. I left Hearne out because they are more pass happy. Seeing all that and learning how to defend it more than likely played a big part in the success of the Rattler D against Giddings. And seeing Giddings should help them even more against the Hornets next week. But I can't forget about the pass defense: I think the Rattlers have intercepted 10-15% of the passes thrown at them so far. I hope Smithville puts forth their best game tonight. The defense can't afford to slack off before facing Caldwell. Win or lose tonight, Caldwell will be primed and ready to come to Navasota.

I think I can pick up 92.3 FM out of LaGrange from Smithville. Somebody said that is carrying the C-G game. I will bring my trusty little radio with me and double the enjoyment!

ProudHornetMom
10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Buff4ever - your last post is the least venomous I've read of your's regarding Caldwell's football team. Just when I'm ready to blast with both guns, you write something nice, I relax and then you sneak in a little dig about Caldwell crumbling the last few years. We keep stressing that you can't compare this team with teams of the past and be accurate...but that's a lost argument on here. Last year was last year. And while the buff fans may not bash on "Caldwell's crumbling", ya'll have bashed your fair share regarding other things.

You have to admit you are good with verbage with a bite. ;) and I think you sit back and enjoy stirring the pot. What would the board be without you?

The interesting thing is that others reading our threads would never know that many of us have great life long friends in Giddings, do many things together with Giddings folks and plan on getting together with our Giddings friends tonight.

The online bloodbath of words doesn't affect the game or the teams. The team who plays the best wins and here's to a great game. May the best TEAM win. :clap: :clap:

Hope everyone has safe travel to the game.

Runnin Panther
10-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I know I’m a new poster but this is what I seen from pretty much every person on this board, me included new and old is:

Poster 1 - My team is better than yours because we’re bigger
Poster 2 - Oh yah well my team better than yours because we’re faster.
Poster 3 – poster 1 is right.
Poster 2 – My team is more united.
Poster 1 - Well my team hits harder.
Poster 4 – poster 1 and 2 are both wrong.
Moderator – Everybody play nice and keep it clean.
Poster 3 – poster 2 needs to shut up cuz they don’t know what their talking about.
Poster 2 – At least my team is smarter than your team.
Poster 1 – Really, well my team is smart enough to kick your teams butt
Poster 3 – What’s really going to make the difference is my team can tinkle faster than your team.
Poster 1 – Well then you haven’t seen us tinkle lately because your team doesn’t even come close.
Poster 2- ????

(Your turn)

All I got to say is. Dudes can’t we all just get along... Breathe in the incense and embrace the essence of the 3a downlow. I can feel the love already flowing.

CHS_CG
10-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Ok so you would rather DOWN the entire town bc we have people who want to post this week bc its HUGE game for Caldwell... I have been here for just over 5 years. I went to every game while I was high school EVERY GAME! I was in Color guard and while most of the band, honeybees, and color guard were just having fun in the stands I was glued to the games... big games, good games, bad games, it didnt matter. Do not start attacking our posters because they joined THIS week. Pretty sure if we had a buttload of people join when caldwell isnt doing worth a damn we'd have people saying.. why dont you guys support another team... you are wasting your time on caldwell blah blah blah... I have been around a lot longer than you two Giddings posters have and I hate to tell you but you are gunna get fans that join when their team has a big game.. if you dont like it go to another board.. or start your own... but you wanna say that their posts are always downing Giddings... act with some class and stop snapping at new posters because your tiny mind has the opinion they are bandwagon fans..

Ranger Mom
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I know I’m a new poster but this is what I seen from pretty much every person on this board, me included new and old is:

Poster 1 - My team is better than yours because we’re bigger
Poster 2 - Oh yah well my team better than yours because we’re faster.
Poster 3 – poster 1 is right.
Poster 2 – My team is more united.
Poster 1 - Well my team hits harder.
Poster 4 – poster 1 and 2 are both wrong.
Moderator – Everybody play nice and keep it clean.
Poster 3 – poster 2 needs to shut up cuz they don’t know what their talking about.
Poster 2 – At least my team is smarter than your team.
Poster 1 – Really, well my team is smart enough to kick your teams butt
Poster 3 – What’s really going to make the difference is my team can tinkle faster than your team.
Poster 1 – Well then you haven’t seen us tinkle lately because your team doesn’t even come close.
Poster 2- ????

(Your turn)

All I got to say is. Dudes can’t we all just get along... Breathe in the incense and embrace the essence of the 3a downlow. I can feel the love already flowing.

Hey! If only 4 posters are doing that...we are doing good!!

:D

CHS_CG
10-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Lets not for get the real reason I joined this place... I joined to 1) tell the ever so stupid hornetpride(at the time hes has many sn's since then) to back off.. he claimed to be such a caldwell supporter yet it was the complete opposite.. and 2) one of our coaches was on here.. and a bunch of people from Caldwell knew it.. I joined to see if I could figure out who it was. I in NO way joined to talk about football to start with yet I fell in love with this place and now Im a 3a highschool football junkie... does that make me a bandwagon fan??

DaHop72
10-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Man some of these people sure get "booty hurt" don't they. I know they couldn't hang on a good Sweetwater/Snyder thread.:D :D

buff4life
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by CHS Pride

if you did all of this, then he wasn't talking to you...

he's talking about all the posters who use their first post to boast about caldwell and put Giddings down...

and don't be a hypocrite and blast off on him either..

buff4life
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
You've got five days til a year....

I've been posting since 2002. I was more active under previous names. I just don't have the time to devote to the internet as much these days. Plus, our team's been doing the talking for me the past couple of years.

I was around when this site caused some major stuff in Giddings with one of their previous coaches. Can't remember the guy's name, but it was the coach who came in after Ivey left for Conroe. Seems he didn't like what some people were saying about him on here and accused one of his own coaches of making the posts. If I recall, I think that guy lasted a year...fun times. The power of the downlow!
wow news travels lol..

Coach Odell, his was 3-7 i believe, and he came out with the comment, "Men we're the best 3-7 team in the playoffs" and a player said back, coach we're the only 3-7 team in the playoffs...

and then we got plastered by Bellville first round