PDA

View Full Version : A Proposal to Caldwell Posters

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Who think Giddings is a one man team.

I propose that if Giddings wins Friday you put in your signature space "Our TEAM got beat bye ONE guy."

If you guys do beat Giddings I will put "Caldwell is the best team in 3a football" in my signature space.

It shall be put in ASAP after the game Friday and must remain there till after the game the following week.

navscanmaster
10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

I propose that if Giddings wins Friday you put in your signature space "Our TEAM got beat bye ONE guy."

If you guys do beat Giddings I will put "Caldwell is the best team in 3a football" in my signature space.

It shall be put in ASAP after the game Friday and must remain there till after the game the following week. :clap:
Now thats a good idea!

Ranger Mom
10-23-2007, 04:58 PM

Sounds like a friendly enough bet.....but please make sure "by" is spelled correctly in the above!!:p :p

ProudHornetMom
10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Hmmm. Giddings and other posters have been very proud of one of their players and mentioned said player often in many posts. From what I read on this board, I didn't know there were other players until this week when all of a sudden posters became defensive about the player and now mention the rest of the team. Y'all are the ones who bragged on the one guy, then when we respond, you get upset.

It's a fun, friendly bet but why is the thread title an invitation to Caldwell only. Why not invite Giddings to play as well?

zebrablue2
10-23-2007, 09:21 PM

It shall be put in ASAP after the game Friday and must remain there till after the game the following week.

if you are from rockdale,as location says you are, why are you getting involved in this? in the end, if giddings wins, it will not be because of one guy. I am between giddings and caldwell, not a homer. the winner will be because of a team effort, however it comes out. without the o-line, fitz does nothing.

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
if you are from rockdale,as location says you are, why are you getting involved in this? in the end, if giddings wins, it will not be because of one guy. I am between giddings and caldwell, not a homer. the winner will be because of a team effort, however it comes out. without the o-line, fitz does nothing. Don't question my motives. They are far to complex for the simple mind.

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Hmmm. Giddings and other posters have been very proud of one of their players and mentioned said player often in many posts. From what I read on this board, I didn't know there were other players until this week when all of a sudden posters became defensive about the player and now mention the rest of the team. Y'all are the ones who bragged on the one guy, then when we respond, you get upset.

It's a fun, friendly bet but why is the thread title an invitation to Caldwell only. Why not invite Giddings to play as well? Most of you Caldwell people claim Giddings is a one man team. I'm not from Giddings anyway just a friendly wager.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Go Blue is one of the ban wagon fans that buff4ever was talking about.

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
Go Blue is one of the ban wagon fans that buff4ever was talking about. Nope I bandwagon LH, not Giddings. Nice try though.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-23-2007, 09:47 PM
why not Rockdale?

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 09:48 PM
why not Rockdale? I support Rockdale but I bandwagon LH.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
remember earlier in the year you were finished with Rockdale

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
remember earlier in the year you were finished with Rockdale I was frustrated.... lol

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-23-2007, 09:55 PM
ok Mr. band wagon fan!

necks_c/09
10-23-2007, 09:56 PM
ok Mr. band wagon fan! there are plenty of other ppl posting that are legit band wagon fans... go attack them

casey is just casey

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
So....no takers?

Guess you guys don't have too much confidence in your team.:rolleyes:

orangeblood
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
So....no takers?

Guess you guys don't have too much confidence in your team.:rolleyes:

I'm a taker........ however last time I checked I didn't see the QB playing defense, and although I believe he is a great player and I'm a huge TEXAS fan, can't wait to see if he can help TEXAS... I do feel like he is the only threat on offense, everyone has to agree without him Giddings would still be a great team but not a SUPER team. So, one man show I don't think so, to many other aspects of the game... So now that I have looked at the stats he is averaging over 2 touchdowns a game and thats big. Actually take out the hempstead game and it's a little over 3 per game. So I propose if Giddings beats us I will sign Giddings is the best team in 3a when we win you sign, Caldwell has my respect. because when it comes down to it that is what is really important. Only one team in 3a division II that will be State Champs that is a huge honor... but a lot of teams will gain respect along the way and when the smoke clears thats all they will have. So you game ?

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
I'm a taker........ however last time I checked I didn't see the QB playing defense, and although I believe he is a great player and I'm a huge TEXAS fan, can't wait to see if he can help TEXAS... I do feel like he is the only threat on offense, everyone has to agree without him Giddings would still be a great team but not a SUPER team. So, one man show I don't think so, to many other aspects of the game... So now that I have looked at the stats he is averaging over 2 touchdowns a game and thats big. Actually take out the hempstead game and it's a little over 3 per game. So I propose if Giddings beats us I will sign Giddings is the best team in 3a when we win you sign, Caldwell has my respect. because when it comes down to it that is what is really important. Only one team in 3a division II that will be State Champs that is a huge honor... but a lot of teams will gain respect along the way and when the smoke clears thats all they will have. So you game ? I'll see if anyone wants to take my side of the offer first. If we have no Takers by Thursday night at 11:59 pm you have a deal. ;)

Darren
10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
I think its going to be a close game... (Giddings by 7)

But I am willing to support Giddings and I am willing to accept Casey's offer since the Caldwell fans want Giddings supporters to step up.

buff4life
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
I'm a taker........ however last time I checked I didn't see the QB playing defense, and although I believe he is a great player and I'm a huge TEXAS fan, can't wait to see if he can help TEXAS... I do feel like he is the only threat on offense, everyone has to agree without him Giddings would still be a great team but not a SUPER team. So, one man show I don't think so, to many other aspects of the game... So now that I have looked at the stats he is averaging over 2 touchdowns a game and thats big. Actually take out the hempstead game and it's a little over 3 per game. So I propose if Giddings beats us I will sign Giddings is the best team in 3a when we win you sign, Caldwell has my respect. because when it comes down to it that is what is really important. Only one team in 3a division II that will be State Champs that is a huge honor... but a lot of teams will gain respect along the way and when the smoke clears thats all they will have. So you game ?

i'm in on the wager...BUT one prob with your quote, if we give Dock the ball on offense, he is a legit threat, think he proved that last year in caldwell..long run to open the game?

orangeblood
10-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
i'm in on the wager...BUT one prob with your quote, if we give Dock the ball on offense, he is a legit threat, think he proved that last year in caldwell..long run to open the game?

Cool..... I didn't mean that Giddings doesn't have good backs, Just that the QB gets most of the carries so he is the biggest threat. I'm sure if Dock got that amount of carries he would be a threat as well.. I think he is Giddings best player on the field and off the field, good guy..... It's a shame that these 2 teams have to face eachother on Friday it would be cool to see yall later down the road, with both teams undefeated... Look I don't wish anything bad on any player, team or fan.... Win or lose and no I'am not trying to sugarcoat a loss, this will be a great game. And hopefully when it's over their will be a little respect from both sides unless it proves to be a blow-out and then who knows.
And let it be known that our players are not allowed to post on this site or read, so anything posted here, is probably from parents and friends alike, the boys will let their play do their talking as they have all year... And buy the way I can't believe the poll, and I know it doesn't mean a thing but I know their is not that many posters from Caldwell, and I only have 1 name on here and of course my wife has one, but she reads more than posts. See ya at the M&G