PDA

View Full Version : 3adownlow Fantasy Basketball

eagles_victory
10-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Respoding to the thread made earlier i have made a fantasy hoops leage. its on yahoo

ID# 133003
Password: Rangermom

sinton66
10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Made it a "sticky" for you. You serving as commish?

eagles_victory
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
yea but i actually deleted it and was going to use crzyjournalist league instead but thanks for the sticky love 66

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
so this league doesn't exist?

eagles_victory
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
it's still open for people to join

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i deleted bc i thought ur league was the 3adownlow league

I'm not the one who created it, and I haven't even been able to get into it thanks to a brand-new work filter installed today, but it's a league for the DL if people want to join.

eagles_victory
10-23-2007, 06:38 PM
ok this league is still up so anyone who wants to join can

big daddy russ
10-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Haha, now we have three DL fantasy leagues. If/when this one fills up, here are the info for the other two. Both are on Yahoo.

Head-to-head League
league id: 132176
password: tarleton123
team name has to be your 3adl username

Rotisserie League
League ID: 133912
Password: Bobcat Goldthwait
NOTE: Everything in this league is the same as standard Yahoo rules EXCEPT turnovers don't count. Also, it will be an autopick draft to avoid the hassle of scheduling a live draft around everyone's schedule.

Setting Value
League ID#: 133912
League Name: thechickenranch
Password: Bobcat Goldthwait
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/thechickenranch
Draft Type: Autopick Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 6, 2008
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 82
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Monday, Oct 29
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK

eagles_victory
10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
the draft for my league will be at 6:00 Sunday night if thats a bad time i can change it

crzyjournalist03
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Could someone post the settings from each of the leagues? I tried checking them out last night when I got home, and noticed that there were different settings in every league from the public settings.

Also, are the drafts live or autopick? That could make a difference to some of us!

eagles_victory
10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Could someone post the settings from each of the leagues? I tried checking them out last night when I got home, and noticed that there were different settings in every league from the public settings.

Also, are the drafts live or autopick? That could make a difference to some of us! my league is live and i just changed a few settings nothing significant

crzyjournalist03
10-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
my league is live and i just changed a few settings nothing significant

such as?

eagles_victory
10-24-2007, 11:32 AM
such as? i dont know like 3 things is it really that big of a difference. Im not going to try to recruit you to the league

big daddy russ
10-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Also, are the drafts live or autopick? That could make a difference to some of us!
I updated it with all the settings. Here are the major rules/settings involving my league:

1.) Rotisserie League- For those of you wondering, it bases the standings on total stats instead of a head-to-head league where you "play" your stats against one other player for a week and see who comes out on top for that week. If you're the best in any one of eight categories, you get the most points; 12 in a 12-team league, 11 in an 11-team leauge, etc. If you're the worst in any given category, you get the minimum one point. At the end of the day, points accrued from all categories will be added up to determine where teams stand. Example below:
TEAM A
FG% 35% (Since this is the lowest total of the three teams, they get one point for this category)
FT% 80% (Since this is the highest total of the three teams, they get all three points in this category)
PTS 500 (Since this is inbetween the totals of the other two teams, they get two points in this category)
TOTAL 6 pts (2nd place)

TEAM B
FG% 40% (2 pts)
FT% 75% (1 pt)
PTS 450 (1 pt)
TOTAL 4 pts (3rd place)

TEAM C
FG% 45% (3 pts)
FT% 78% (2 pts)
PTS 550 (3 pts)
TOTAL 8 pts (1st place)

2.) It's a 12-team league, but we'll still get the ball rolling if we don't have enough when the regular season starts. If, by next Monday, we don't have enough teams, I'll go ahead and start the league (even if we only have six teams) so that our draft will be complete before Wednesday.

3.) Autopick draft. I could care less whether anyone wants a live draft, I don't feel like coordinating 12 people's schedules for fantasy sports. I refuse to wake up at 5 am for a basketball draft, and I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

4.) Positions are the same as standard Yahoo formats and listed below. The one change I'd like to make is to give each team two DL spots, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it yet. It's not listed under regular position settings, but if I figure it out I'll get it rolling.
PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
Util
Util
3 Bench players

4.) IMPORTANT: Turnovers ARE NOT counted. Every other scoring category in standard Yahoo leagues remains. Remember, this should change your draft strategy and not penalize you as much for picking up a third PG (if you want one). All scoring categories listed below.
Field Goal Pct.
Free Throw Pct.
Three-pointers made
Total Points Scored
Total Rebounds
Total Assists
Total Steals
Total Blocks

Any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

sinton66
10-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I updated it with all the settings. Here are the major rules/settings involving my league:

1.) Rotisserie League (For those of you wondering, it bases the standings on total stats instead of a head-to-head league where you "play" your stats against one other player. If you're the best in any one of eight categories, you'll )

2.) It's a 12-team league, but we'll still get the ball rolling if we don't have enough when the regular season starts. If, by next Monday, we don't have enough teams, I'll go ahead and start the league (even if we only have six teams) so that our draft will be complete before Wednesday.

3.) Autopick draft. I could care less whether anyone wants a live draft, I don't feel like coordinating 12 people's schedules for fantasy sports. I refuse to wake up at 5 am for a basketball draft, and I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

4.) Positions are the same as standard Yahoo formats and listed below. The one change I'd like to make is to give each team two DL spots, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it yet. It's not listed under regular position settings, but if I figure it out I'll get it rolling.
PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
Util
Util
3 Bench players

4.) IMPORTANT: Turnovers ARE NOT counted. Every other scoring category in standard Yahoo leagues remains. Remember, this should change your draft strategy and not penalize you as much for picking up a third PG (if you want one). All scoring categories listed below.
Field Goal Pct.
Free Throw Pct.
Three-pointers made
Total Points Scored
Total Rebounds
Total Assists
Total Steals
Total Blocks

Any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Since there are 3 now, if any of them doesn't fill, yall might consider combining them into one. Any of the three of you are welcome to be the "official" 3A Downlow league.

eagles_victory
10-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Since there are 3 now, if any of them doesn't fill, yall might consider combining them into one. Any of the three of you are welcome to be the "official" 3A Downlow league. good idea 66 i was thinking the save thing myself. If my league doesnt reach 8 i would be willing to combine with the other head to head league.

big daddy russ
10-29-2007, 04:24 AM
Still only three players in my league. I'm inviting my cousin and one of his friends into the league. Feel free to invite friends, family, etc into it.

I'll give it through tomorrow and then I'll set the league to draft early Tuesday morning, no matter how many people we have.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in such a small league. If we don't get more than five managers, I'll go ahead and add two extra bench spots. You could have a team with Kobe, Nash, and Duncan all on the same squad. Should be fun.

Emerson1
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Any league that hasn't started yet? I figured I would stake my claim as 3adownlow fantasy basketball champion along with my football one

Big Papa
11-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Any league that hasn't started yet? I figured I would stake my claim as 3adownlow fantasy basketball champion along with my football one

emerson join the 3adl league we need another player i think to make it even