PDA

View Full Version : Can Bellville make the playoffs?

Bulligator
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Since Caldwell and Giddings meet this week, there hasn’t been much attention focused on the other District 23 games. Bellville is playing at La Grange, and needs to win to keep any hope of advancing to the playoffs. I haven’t taken the time to work through all the win – loss scenarios, but I think Bellville needs to win all their remaining games, and finish with 4 wins and 1 loss. That would mean also beating Giddings and Caldwell. If they lose another game, even coupled with one of those teams losing, they will probably be staying home due to the loss to Navasota. I’m sure someone on the DownLow already has it figured out, so feel free to comment.

As for Bellville at La Grange, I think Bellville should be a slight favorite. The big test will be if the La Grange defense can stop G. Nunn., who broke the 1,100 yard mark last week. If the Bellville defense doesn’t have any breakdowns, then I think Bellville will come out ahead at 27 – 14.

UPanIN
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Early I stated Bellville would make the playoffs. Now they really have an uphill battle after losing to Navasota. It would be something if they come back and go 4-1 and make the playoffs. At best though I think they will go 3-2 and be the odd team out.

zebrablue2
10-23-2007, 01:05 PM
IMO- they will beat la grange and lose to giddings and caldwell. there hope is to beat la grange and either giddings OR caldwell and end up in a tie, and hopefully not with navasota, who would win the head to head. this could get interesting, because navasota proved against giddings they can hang. they could possibly challenge caldwell. after what happened in bellville last year, anything is possible I guess.

RattlerDude
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Bellville always finds a way to make the playoffs. If they sneak in, I would not be surprised. Watch, they will probably end up playing the games of their lives against Caldwell and Giddings. I would prefer them to have their season end early though and just let Navasota Giddings and Caldwell into the playoffs like it is supposed to happen. Navasota really messed them boys over.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Bellville could still win the district by running the table and another loss by Navasota. Bellville must definately beat LG and then at least defeat the loser of the Giddings/Caldwell game. That would give them the tie-breaker against that team, unless 3 teams end up with a 3-2 record. One of those teams wouldn't make the playoffs.

necks_c/09
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
No

Caldwell
Giddings
Navasota

hookandladder
10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
No

Giddings
Caldwell
Navasota

buff4life
10-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
No

Caldwell
Giddings
Navasota

Farewell buddy...not sure what ya did...but NICE JOB:clap: :clap:

Darren
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I've said since before the season started that I though that these teams would make the playoffs.

No particular order..

Giddings
Navasota
Bellville

Bellville still needs to win out and hope that Giddings and Navasota beat Caldwell.

We will see.....

BrahmaMom
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM
It will be tough on Bellville, but I never count them out. The Brahmas seem to rise to the occasion more often than not. This is quite the challenge, though, I must admit. Go Brahmas!!