PDA

View Full Version : Speed Trap!!!

coach
10-23-2007, 08:28 AM
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

click on your state and see if your town is listed for speed traps.....

Darren
10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
This site would be nice if it only listed true speed traps not every town in the state.

rangerjoe33
10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
What would be cool is if this site would coordinate with google maps and plot the speed traps on the map/directions.

It really wouldn't take too much work, add the database of speed traps to the existing map engine.

So you could directions and know when to slow down...or you could just get a radar detector...

rundoe
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Liberty Hill is fastly becoming one.

I have mixed feeling about it.

PRO: people speed down 29 like a bat out of hell.

CON: But when you get a ticket for going two miles over the speed limit Thats a little too much. (and it wasn't a school zone either.) Wasn't me, was a freind.

lakers
10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Where I grew up seems to be one of the worst speed traps in the state... Clyde...

I believe it too, they are relentless to the locals and the people passing through... They hardly ever just write warnings, all tickets and you r usually SOL.

Thank God I dont live there anymore...;)

Phil C
10-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Stockdale used to be known as one. I guess it has changed.

DU_stud04
10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Where I grew up seems to be one of the worst speed traps in the state... Clyde...

I believe it too, they are relentless to the locals and the people passing through... They hardly ever just write warnings, all tickets and you r usually SOL.

Thank God I dont live there anymore...;) yup, everytime i drive through clyde on my way home i make sure im going the exact limit or less.... i saw someone get pulled over for going maybe 71.... just crazy, crazy i say!

another one is when your entering austin from dallas on I-35..... i always see the same 4-5 motorcycle cops and theyll get you if you look at them funny, i saw one of the biker cops pull over three people at once.

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I got pulled over two nights ago about a block away from my apartment when an officer said that I ran a stop sign. He got a real attitude when I asked what was wrong because I honestly didn't know, then he gave me a lecture about how "stop means stop, not slow down and go on through."

I still don't know what he was smoking because I clearly came to a stop...I was the only car in the intersection, so after stopping, I went through it. I was sure he was going to write a ticket, but he ended up just giving me a warning.

I would have fought that one in court, because my wife was in the car with me, and we both know that I stopped at the stop sign (and not one of those rolling stops either). My defense probably wouldn't have held up in court since nobody else was around, but it was just plain wrong.

KngKongInDTrunk
10-23-2007, 01:07 PM
kyle, cops have nothing better to do during the day.

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
kyle, cops have nothing better to do during the day.

:confused: Who's Kyle?

JasperDog94
10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by coach
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

click on your state and see if your town is listed for speed traps..... Neat site.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
another one is when your entering austin from dallas on I-35..... i always see the same 4-5 motorcycle cops and theyll get you if you look at them funny, i saw one of the biker cops pull over three people at once.
LOL! Let me guess....one of them was sitting in the shade under an overpass, say around the 51st St. exit? :D

mistanice
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Diboll is definitely a speed trap. It's funny to see ppl speeding when I'm heading home. I can usually pick which ppl are about to get pulled over.

DU_stud04
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! Let me guess....one of them was sitting in the shade under an overpass, say around the 51st St. exit? :D :mad: :mad: :mad: coppers didnt get me though :D

the whole city of arlington is a speed trap.... when i moved up here that was the first advise i got from pretty much everyone...dont speed. just looked at the website and there are alot of listings....i know of a few more i see the cops sittin at.

KingRob
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Kendleton (outside of Houston on US59) used to be really bad. Then the Cops got busted for taking the ticket fines for their own use! :eek:

3afan
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
:confused: Who's Kyle?

http://www.cityofkyle.com/

:D

Phil C
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Darren
This site would be nice if it only listed true speed traps not every town in the state.

Darren by doing that they are extra careful not to overlook anyone.

3afan
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
don't speed then you have nothing to worry about ...

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Kendleton (outside of Houston on US59) used to be really bad. Then the Cops got busted for taking the ticket fines for their own use! :eek: Dude, I know! Driving from Huntsville to Sinton was always an adventure. LOL

Pettus is set up like a speed trap, but I always fly by undetected. :D

KTA
10-23-2007, 03:19 PM
right out side of runaway bay....HORRIBLE

rangerjim
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Ditto 3afan - I got one one time for going 67 in a 65. You know what? I was over the posted limit so had nothing to whine about.

Had to laugh about the not coming to a complete stop. My 15 year is driving on her permit. She can roll through a stop sign and then swear on a Bible that she stopped. NOT!

Any officers on the downlow care to comment?

Old Green
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Wait till there is a S.T.E.P. program in place. Then you will see real speed traps.

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
Ditto 3afan - I got one one time for going 67 in a 65. You know what? I was over the posted limit so had nothing to whine about.

Had to laugh about the not coming to a complete stop. My 15 year is driving on her permit. She can roll through a stop sign and then swear on a Bible that she stopped. NOT!

Any officers on the downlow care to comment?

haha...I'll admit I've done that a time or two, but I've seen police at this particular intersection before and always make it a point to stop. And this cop was telling me that I "ran the sign". He said I just slowed down and drove right through it...:rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
http://www.cityofkyle.com/

:doh: Wow...I thought he was just getting somebody confused with your son...I'm gonna go crawl in a hole and hide for the rest of the day...that's the dumbest moment I've had in a while...

Darren
10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Rogers TX the worst speed trap town I have ever seen...

KTA
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Wait till there is a S.T.E.P. program in place. Then you will see real speed traps.

whats that?

Old Green
10-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by KTA
whats that? It's called Selective Traffic Enforcement Program Paid by the Federal Goverment to enforce certain Traffic codes. We use to do it a lot when I was a cop.

Cameron Crazy
10-23-2007, 05:38 PM
The biggest speed trap I have seen is between Runaway Bay and Bridgeport. everyone gets stopped there.

XMan
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Bellville has become a HUGE speed trap in the past couple of years. BEWARE when going through there. They love to sit practically under the speed limit sign as you come into town from the north on 36. They sit on the backside of the hill. On the south side, they sit where 36 turns into a 30mph zone over between where Perry's used to be and Brookshire Bros.

Beware!

VERNONLION#1
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
If you live in North Texas going Northbound on 287 to Amarillo. Chillicothe and Estelline,Tx. are probably the worst in my opinion.

lostaussie
10-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
If you live in North Texas going Northbound on 287 to Amarillo. Chillicothe and Estelline,Tx. are probably the worst in my opinion. oh thanks..........i don't live there, but hunt in quanah. where i have really seen alot of action is around Iowa Park.................i remember when splendora was on 60 minutes for this:doh:

Da Mules
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
if you're headed west on Hwy 70, Texico New Mexico is a notorious speed trap. 1 MPH over will get you a minimum of $55.00. and they work on Sundays too.

Buccaneer
10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Kendleton (outside of Houston on US59) used to be really bad. Then the Cops got busted for taking the ticket fines for their own use! :eek:

The White Knight. He was infamous. And only his car was white!