PDA

View Full Version : Wharton at Sweeny

JDOG
10-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Predictions anyone.

bobcat04
10-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Sweeny always tough at home. Should be a low scoring affair with Sweeny coming out on top 13-7.

lilballa255
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
If Sweeny comes out and play like they did in the first quarter and a half of the Sealy game they should keep it close. But for some odd reason the coaches don’t stick to what is working….What’s the point in running the ball when you are down two touchdowns? I hope the kids finish their season strong because they have been doing all they can do. They just haven’t had any help. My prediction: Sweeny by 3.

JDOG
10-23-2007, 11:29 AM
I think Sweeny wins 28-14.

They need to not miss tackles as they did the other night. We were definately in position to stop them many times and missed lots of tackles. Also some key penalties really hurt. 3 timely personal fouls and holding killed us. I thought the gameplan was there and working. The kids just need to focus and the "playmakers" need to step up and be leaders by making some plays.

g$$
10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by lilballa255
If Sweeny comes out and play like they did in the first quarter and a half of the Sealy game they should keep it close. But for some odd reason the coaches don’t stick to what is working….What’s the point in running the ball when you are down two touchdowns? I hope the kids finish their season strong because they have been doing all they can do. They just haven’t had any help. My prediction: Sweeny by 3.

Wow, you don't quit. So you go down 2 scores & should abandon the game plan? Get a degree & whistle, then go apply to coach somewhere, if they will hire you. Some years are better than others. Coaches coach & players play, & that's true at every level of ball. Looks easy from the stands & living room huh? Every program has down years. It's as simple as that. Your constant belittling of the coaches & program has gotten really tired. Objective analysis is one thing, taking cheap shots is a completely different deal. This same staff had us 3 rounds deep last year (went 7-0 to win district too) & lost a tough one to an eventual state champion in Liberty Hill. Maybe you don't care to remember those facts. Come on man, show some class.

Good luck to Sweeny & keep battling.

lilballa255
10-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wow, you don't quit. So you go down 2 scores & should abandon the game plan? Get a degree & whistle, then go apply to coach somewhere, if they will hire you. Some years are better than others. Coaches coach & players play, & that's true at every level of ball. Looks easy from the stands & living room huh? Every program has down years. It's as simple as that. Your constant belittling of the coaches & program has gotten really tired. Objective analysis is one thing, taking cheap shots is a completely different deal. This same staff had us 3 rounds deep last year (went 7-0 to win district too) & lost a tough one to an eventual state champion in Liberty Hill. Maybe you don't care to remember those facts. Come on man, show some class.

Good luck to Sweeny & keep battling.

Whoa, stop right there my friend. First of please do not question my level of class because never have I talked about the kids expect for the time I spoke ill of the QB, which I later apologized for. Secondly if you have read my past post you would know and understand that some of the things I suggested just happened to work for the first quarter and half. The quarterback was as good I have seen him be all year long, the receiver did not help at times but the kid was on it. Why do you stop with that portion of the game plan, it makes no sense. Thirdly just because you have a degree and a whistle does not mean you can coach.

A game plan? There is no way the staff could have had a game plan or if they did, they did not make any adjustments to counter Sealy.

Lastly, please stop deceiving yourself and the rest of us because we all know that the staff rode the Tank and a few others for most of last year and when Liberty Hill finally contained him the coaching staff had no clue what to do. Maybe you don’t care to remember those facts.

I hate seeing the kids play their hearts out only to be hindered by some on the staff that have let the game pass them by.

lilballa255
10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Will anyone please tell me if I was right, when I suggested that the quarterback line up in the shotgun more?

g$$
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Whoa, stop right there my friend. First of please do not question my level of class because never have I talked about the kids expect for the time I spoke ill of the QB, which I later apologized for. Secondly if you have read my past post you would know and understand that some of the things I suggested just happened to work for the first quarter and half. The quarterback was as good I have seen him be all year long, the receiver did not help at times but the kid was on it. Why do you stop with that portion of the game plan, it makes no sense. Thirdly just because you have a degree and a whistle does not mean you can coach.

A game plan? There is no way the staff could have had a game plan or if they did, they did not make any adjustments to counter Sealy.

Lastly, please stop deceiving yourself and the rest of us because we all know that the staff rode the Tank and a few others for most of last year and when Liberty Hill finally contained him the coaching staff had no clue what to do. Maybe you don’t care to remember those facts.

I hate seeing the kids play their hearts out only to be hindered by some on the staff that have let the game pass them by.

Here's your answers "Coach LilBalla":

1. You have taken cheap shots at players & coaches. Apologizing later does not take that away. You showed your true colors long ago.

2. Adjustments are part of the game. Sealy was the better, faster team this year & deservedly won the game.

3. Get that degree & whistle, then we can see you earn your stripes. Sweeny's coach has over 100 wins, multiple district titles, & many deep playoff runs. I will take him & staff over you in the stands any day of the week.

4. No doubt Tank was a great player - in fact a D1 player now redshirting at TCU - but it is still 11-on-11 last time I checked. Football is a TEAM game. Liberty Hill was a little better, more physical & went on to win it all in 3A. I am not confused or deceiving anybody. I have stated facts you don't like. In fact, Tank even got hurt that game & struggled to finish the ballgame, & quit going both ways in the 4th quarter. Maybe you missed that one.

5. Preparation is not an issue at Sweeny - overall talent level this year is. Did Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, & Don Shula get stupid overnight? Or were their teams just not as dominant anymore in a new era of NFL football? Has Steve Spurrier lost it or is South Carolina just not as good as his Florida NC juggernauts? Same with Nebraska now. I hope you get the point. Coaches can only do so much, then the players have to make plays. Always blaming it on the "game plan" is ludicrous. It's not that hard to figure out. That being said, Callahan & Fran will be gone because it is their job to recruit better players & win games. In high school, you play the hand you are dealt. Some years will be better than others but the program will survive & come back stronger if your foundation is solid.

6. Why don't you come out & say who you are? Do you like hiding behind a pseudo user name & taking cheap shots? I call people like that a coward. You know who I am because I told you, just like others on here know exactly who I am too. I'm sure not hiding from anybody. Be a man, show some class, & support the team & community the right way. What you are doing is shallow & embarrassing to us all.

g$$
10-23-2007, 06:00 PM

If you want to be a straight shooter, then please tell us exactly who you are referring to above? What coaches do you think "have let the game pass them by"?

You won't say who you are, so I certainly don't expect you to name names either. That's cowardly, as I stated earlier. Come on & tell us, or go by the football offices & tell them. I guarantee you that anybody you could attempt to name has more football knowledge in their big toe than you do in your entire body. Take that to the bank, "friend", as you say. You are no friend of mine taking shots at good people & good kids from a good community.

lilballa255
10-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Here's your answers "Coach LilBalla":

1. You have taken cheap shots at players & coaches. Apologizing later does not take that away. You showed your true colors long ago.

2. Adjustments are part of the game. Sealy was the better, faster team this year & deservedly won the game.

3. Get that degree & whistle, then we can see you earn your stripes. Sweeny's coach has over 100 wins, multiple district titles, & many deep playoff runs. I will take him & staff over you in the stands any day of the week.

4. No doubt Tank was a great player - in fact a D1 player now redshirting at TCU - but it is still 11-on-11 last time I checked. Football is a TEAM game. Liberty Hill was a little better, more physical & went on to win it all in 3A. I am not confused or deceiving anybody. I have stated facts you don't like. In fact, Tank even got hurt that game & struggled to finish the ballgame, & quit going both ways in the 4th quarter. Maybe you missed that one.

5. Preparation is not an issue at Sweeny - overall talent level this year is. Did Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, & Don Shula get stupid overnight? Or were their teams just not as dominant anymore in a new era of NFL football? Has Steve Spurrier lost it or is South Carolina just not as good as his Florida NC juggernauts? Same with Nebraska now. I hope you get the point. Coaches can only do so much, then the players have to make plays. Always blaming it on the "game plan" is ludicrous. It's not that hard to figure out. That being said, Callahan & Fran will be gone because it is their job to recruit better players & win games. In high school, you play the hand you are dealt. Some years will be better than others but the program will survive & come back stronger if your foundation is solid.

6. Why don't you come out & say who you are? Do you like hiding behind a pseudo user name & taking cheap shots? I call people like that a coward. You know who I am because I told you, just like others on here know exactly who I am too. I'm sure not hiding from anybody. Be a man, show some class, & support the team & community the right way. What you are doing is shallow & embarrassing to us all.

1. First of all please name one time I took a cheap shot a player other than the time I criticized the quarterback? What are my true colors? I admit have taken shots at the coaches because of some of their actions that I prefer not to address because of various reasons.

2. You make my point, adjustments are a part of the games. Why do we consistently fail to make any coming out of the half? I realize that Sealy was a faster ballclub but to continuously get killed by the same play and not adjust is ridiculous.

3. Let’s be honest I would never be able to become the head coach at Sweeny because of politics. I have never taken away from the head coach the number of wins he has nor have I said that he doesn’t have the ability to coach, what I am saying is that sometimes you barely have to coach talents. But when you have to coach less talented teams is when we see the greatest of a coach. For the record, as a man I respect the head coach deeply.

4. You make it sound as if Tank did pull the Dogs out of some binds throughout the season, did we forget the second round game when he was put in at QB at the end of the game to give the team a deep passing weapon. What facts did you state that I don’t like?

5. If you want to talk about South Carolina, were they not in fact ranked in the top 10 until recently and the Ol Ball coach doesn’t even have “his” players, plus he lost his starting middle linebacker. If lack of talent is in fact the case with Sweeny why did everyone want the other guy gone after the streak of playoff runs stopped?

6. I have been supporting the players, trust me when I tell you I care about the success of the Dogs. When the staff does a good job I let it be known, but when they screw up I also let it be known. How I am embarrassing you?

g$$
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Your silence is deafening. Maybe in the future you will re-think your tactics. Your current M.O. showed a lot about you as a person in my opinion. It's flat wrong too.

Sweeny will be back. Hang in there 'Dogs.

lilballa255
10-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
If you want to be a straight shooter, then please tell us exactly who you are referring to above? What coaches do you think "have let the game pass them by"?

You won't say who you are, so I certainly don't expect you to name names either. That's cowardly, as I stated earlier. Come on & tell us, or go by the football offices & tell them. I guarantee you that anybody you could attempt to name has more football knowledge in their big toe than you do in your entire body. Take that to the bank, "friend", as you say. You are no friend of mine taking shots at good people & good kids from a good community.

I am sorry to hear that I am no friend of yours. I thought this was just a lively chat about the team and our opinions. The game has passed whoever is calling the plays on offense. Plain and simple, the offense is too predictable, please let the quarterback chunk the ball a little more.

tigerpride_08
10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
i think this will be a very close game...both of our backs are on the wall...i hope we are able to play well and pull out the win...

g$$
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
1. First of all please name one time I took a cheap shot a player other than the time I criticized the quarterback? What are my true colors? I admit have taken shots at the coaches because of some of their actions that I prefer not to address because of various reasons.

2. You make my point, adjustments are a part of the games. Why do we consistently fail to make any coming out of the half? I realize that Sealy was a faster ballclub but to continuously get killed by the same play and not adjust is ridiculous.

3. Let’s be honest I would never be able to become the head coach at Sweeny because of politics. I have never taken away from the head coach the number of wins he has nor have I said that he doesn’t have the ability to coach, what I am saying is that sometimes you barely have to coach talents. But when you have to coach less talented teams is when we see the greatest of a coach. For the record, as a man I respect the head coach deeply.

4. You make it sound as if Tank did pull the Dogs out of some binds throughout the season, did we forget the second round game when he was put in at QB at the end of the game to give the team a deep passing weapon. What facts did you state that I don’t like?

5. If you want to talk about South Carolina, were they not in fact ranked in the top 10 until recently and the Ol Ball coach doesn’t even have “his” players, plus he lost his starting middle linebacker. If lack of talent is in fact the case with Sweeny why did everyone want the other guy gone after the streak of playoff runs stopped?

6. I have been supporting the players, trust me when I tell you I care about the success of the Dogs. When the staff does a good job I let it be known, but when they screw up I also let it be known. How I am embarrassing you?

1. You did it, now live with it. And a cop-out with your last statement of: "I admit have taken shots at the coaches because of some of their actions that I prefer not to address because of various reasons."

2. Better team won. If you can't stop it, keep running it. Football 101 fella.

3. Politics or not qualified? Of course coaches earn their money with lesser talented teams. And I believe this staff is getting every ounce out of this team too. You are what you are as a team, & this team has holes. That does not mean they are poorly coached either. It means wins are tough to come by this year. I think they will finish strong. Did Phil Garner get stupid or did his Astros' team become less talented (GM did not help either, now both fired)?

4. Of course Tank did some terrific things & bailed us out a few times too. Some games he scored every point. He was a joy to watch & I consider him a friend after coaching him in fall/summer baseball. He was very deserving of all his accolades. But the OL was much better last year & the defense was solid. That team was just better overall.

5. Spurrier's South Carolina team was living on the edge & everyone knew it. He can coach for sure but his team is lacking in some areas (like qb). He has not forgotten how to coach. The former Sweeny coach was let go for a variety of reasons (including a distasteful remark that surfaced) & he inherited a great program from Coach Z too. When the dust settled, he wound up in Palacios - enough said. Many of those kids went on to D1 & one is in the pros now too (Higgins). Look what he did his final 3 years once it became "his" program. Coach Z returned Sweeny to the playoffs in his 1st year back. If you need #s & facts, I will gladly supply them for you.

6. You are embarrassing us all if you are indeed from Sweeny. Your facts are skewed & your judgement is poor. You don't go onto a public message board & criticize good men & good kids. It's high school sports! At least you don't if you have proper ethics & morals. It is wrong. You have every right to an opinion, but to take cheap shots at hard-working men & kids is just poor taste & speaks for itself.

**And for the record, you still have not identified yourself or said the names of those on staff you singled out earlier. Again, that is cowardly. Come on big boy, fess up & tell us. You're not so big now are you once someone calls you out?

g$$
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I am sorry to hear that I am no friend of yours. I thought this was just a lively chat about the team and our opinions. The game has passed whoever is calling the plays on offense. Plain and simple, the offense is too predictable, please let the quarterback chunk the ball a little more.

Having a discussion is fine until you decided to take shots at good people. I want no part of that because I respect those men, kids, & parents. They have my support.

(Ever considered that maybe they are just trying to simplify some things to give themselves a chance? That's what coaches do - try to put kids in the best position to succeed. And I guarantee you that's what they are trying to do.)

g$$
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
hit wrong button, sorry!

lilballa255
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
LOL!!! g$$ you crack me up trying to defend the staff.

I have a question for you if the previous coach was so awful didn’t he help a lot of kids get into college, I don’t see the current coach doing that. I know, I know what about Higgins, and other, their talent got them there, but the previous coach helped a lot of others get college opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t have.

JDOG
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
He got some kids there by inflating stats. Very few of them stayed at the schools very long once the coaches saw the talent level. And most of them were not actually getting anything. They were at Div. 3 schools. I think the kids that are deserving get scholarships now. And he works hard for those that are deserving. Most people don't realize how good you really have to be. We don't have that kind of talent on this team. And last year we had very few besides Tank at that level. And those that were even close went to school.

JDOG
10-23-2007, 10:49 PM

I hate seeing the kids play their hearts out only to be hindered by some on the staff that have let the game pass them by. What team that goes deep in the playoffs doesn't have a stud and a couple of others. I don't think you'll see too many at that point that doesn't have a couple of key players. That is the case with every good team. Who in our district is great coaches. Did the other teams like Needvilles coaches just get better this year. They were picked to win the District for two years now and it doesn't look like that will happen. As a matter of fact they didn't make the playoffs last year and may not this year. I think our coaches are getting about every drop out of this team. I'm not saying it is all perfect, but who is?

g$$
10-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
He got some kids there by inflating stats. Very few of them stayed at the schools very long once the coaches saw the talent level. And most of them were not actually getting anything. They were at Div. 3 schools. I think the kids that are deserving get scholarships now. And he works hard for those that are deserving. Most people don't realize how good you really have to be. We don't have that kind of talent on this team. And last year we had very few besides Tank at that level. And those that were even close went to school.

Exactly & great post. I certainly know how hard it is. Everyone knew what was going on if you have a brain concerning kids going to college. Coach Z does not bs recruiters - there's the difference - he's honest & shoots straight with them. I am through arguing with a guy (lilballa) who has a vendetta against the current staff. Did your kid never see the field or what? Guess that was politics too!! I don't care to sink to your level anymore. And, you talk out of both sides of your mouth too.

What the former could do was handle the media & snow people just like you. I will take a coach who wins games, is honest with people, & handles himself accordingly anyday, thanks.

Last year we put Tank, Lowrie, Gutierrez, & maybe another into college playing football. Not too bad IMO.

LilBalla: you still have not come forth with who you are. I think you know me & are hiding like a coward. I told you in a PM exactly who I am. Your silence is deafening.

lilballa255
10-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Exactly & great post. I certainly know how hard it is. Everyone knew what was going on if you have a brain concerning kids going to college. Coach Z does not bs recruiters - there's the difference - he's honest & shoots straight with them. I am through arguing with a guy (lilballa) who has a vendetta against the current staff. Did your kid never see the field or what? Guess that was politics too!! I don't care to sink to your level anymore. And, you talk out of both sides of your mouth too.

What the former could do was handle the media & snow people just like you. I will take a coach who wins games, is honest with people, & handles himself accordingly anyday, thanks.

Last year we put Tank, Lowrie, Gutierrez, & maybe another into college playing football. Not too bad IMO.

LilBalla: you still have not come forth with who you are. I think you know me & are hiding like a coward. I told you in a PM exactly who I am. Your silence is deafening.

I do not and have never had a child come through the Sweeny system, I came through there though. g$$ we do not know each other trust me. To call me a coward shows your lack of character. I criticize some of your buddies and now you have a problem with me, that’s plain ignorant. So from now on I not say anything negative about the abysmal coaching staff and I will only talk good them so that your precious feeling won’t get hurt, because you want everything to seem as if there is nothing wrong in Sweeny but in fact there is and always been. In fact I have relatives that have had to deal with these problems, but they ultimately showed up coach z by setting records against his great coaching staff.

JDOG
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$

LilBalla: you still have not come forth with who you are. I think you know me & are hiding like a coward. I told you in a PM exactly who I am. Your silence is deafening. And Tramicha Young.

g$$
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I do not and have never had a child come through the Sweeny system, I came through there though. g$$ we do not know each other trust me. To call me a coward shows your lack of character. I criticize some of your buddies and now you have a problem with me, that’s plain ignorant. So from now on I not say anything negative about the abysmal coaching staff and I will only talk good them so that your precious feeling won’t get hurt, because you want everything to seem as if there is nothing wrong in Sweeny but in fact there is and always been. In fact I have relatives that have had to deal with these problems, but they ultimately showed up coach z by setting records against his great coaching staff.

I called you a coward because that is what you are - that does not show a lack of character on my part. Lack of character is displayed by your actions on here. If the shoe fits, wear it big boy. I am all for objective analysis, but I want no part at taking shots at people on a message board. I am anything but ignorant buddy - check your sources. Sweeny has always had problems huh? Guess those banners, district titles, state champ in 1966, 1983 runner-up to great Daingerfield team, 1988 semifinalist (which I played on), 1989 quarterfinalist, deep playoff runs in '90s, etc. were all a fluke to you. How about playoffs both years in 4A in the '90s? Get real. Our program has been a good one for many years in many sports. We have won state titles in football, baseball, boys basketball (4), boys track, softball, women's basketball lost in finals 6/9 years, etc. Lots of schools would die for those #s.

When did you finish at Sweeny? Who are your relatives? Come clean now or forever shut your pie hole.

Right on JDOG, forgot about Tramicha Young. So that makes 4 off last year's team.

JDOG
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM
I do not and have never had a child come through the Sweeny system, I came through there though. g$$ we do not know each other trust me. To call me a coward shows your lack of character. I criticize some of your buddies and now you have a problem with me, that’s plain ignorant. So from now on I not say anything negative about the abysmal coaching staff and I will only talk good them so that your precious feeling won’t get hurt, because you want everything to seem as if there is nothing wrong in Sweeny but in fact there is and always been. In fact I have relatives that have had to deal with these problems, but they ultimately showed up coach z by setting records against his great coaching staff. You definately have your right to your opinion. And you definately have a grudge which I'm sure all towns have those. I even heard people saying that TJ Mills wasn't a good coach in Sealy the other night. That he was just lucky to have talent. Well thats a huge part of it. All I will say is this staff has alot of support from this community and if you took a poll there would be a mass of people and former players that highly support them. As I said before, there not perfect and you can sit in the stands and watch any game from NFL down and not agree with everything. I for one am proud to have this group of coaches leading the kids of Sweeny High School. Go Dogs and beat Wharton!

lilballa255
10-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I called you a coward because that is what you are - that does not show a lack of character on my part. Lack of character is displayed by your actions on here. If the shoe fits, wear it big boy. I am all for objective analysis, but I want no part at taking shots at people on a message board. I am anything but ignorant buddy - check your sources. Sweeny has always had problems huh? Guess those banners, district titles, state champ in 1966, 1983 runner-up to great Daingerfield team, 1988 semifinalist (which I played on), 1989 quarterfinalist, deep playoff runs in '90s, etc. were all a fluke to you. How about playoffs both years in 4A in the '90s? Get real. Our program has been a good one for many years in many sports. We have won state titles in football, baseball, boys basketball (4), boys track, softball, women's basketball lost in finals 6/9 years, etc. Lots of schools would die for those #s.

When did you finish at Sweeny? Who are your relatives? Come clean now or forever shut your pie hole.

Right on JDOG, forgot about Tramicha Young. So that makes 4 off last year's team.

You care about Objective analysis? I don’t see how that can be true because when I gave my analysis about some of things that could help out the Dogs I got ridiculed, it was only when the attack became personal is when I decided to punch back. I have yet to be told that I was right about putting the kid in the shotgun and giving the athletes the ball more, you like others just see that I am critical of a friend of yours. I do not believe that Z is a bad person. I respect him a great deal as a man and it would be stupid of me to think that he is not a decent coach because he is. The only thing I have been saying is if you are going to praise him you must also be ready to criticize when thing are not right and no person in there right mind can say that everything is right?

Tramicha, Tank, and the others deserved to go to school. The previous coach helped kids go that did not deserve it or had the talent to go and it doesn’t matter which division they went to, college is college and is a way to better yourself regardless of the level. Now if they got sent home, that was on them and not a reflection of the previous coach.

lilballa255
10-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
You definately have your right to your opinion. And you definately have a grudge which I'm sure all towns have those. I even heard people saying that TJ Mills wasn't a good coach in Sealy the other night. That he was just lucky to have talent. Well thats a huge part of it. All I will say is this staff has alot of support from this community and if you took a poll there would be a mass of people and former players that highly support them. As I said before, there not perfect and you can sit in the stands and watch any game from NFL down and not agree with everything. I for one am proud to have this group of coaches leading the kids of Sweeny High School. Go Dogs and beat Wharton!

Trust me when I say I don’t have a grudge because I don’t have vested interest in the team. I don’t have child, the staff has never done anything wrong to me. I am just a person that thinks that we shouldn’t just accept the excuse that talent is not what is, a coach has to be able to get the most out of what he has and in my opinion the staff has not. There are teams with lesser talent that might make the playoffs.

g$$
10-24-2007, 03:42 PM
You care about Objective analysis? I don’t see how that can be true because when I gave my analysis about some of things that could help out the Dogs I got ridiculed, it was only when the attack became personal is when I decided to punch back. I have yet to be told that I was right about putting the kid in the shotgun and giving the athletes the ball more, you like others just see that I am critical of a friend of yours. I do not believe that Z is a bad person. I respect him a great deal as a man and it would be stupid of me to think that he is not a decent coach because he is. The only thing I have been saying is if you are going to praise him you must also be ready to criticize when thing are not right and no person in there right mind can say that everything is right?

Tramicha, Tank, and the others deserved to go to school. The previous coach helped kids go that did not deserve it or had the talent to go and it doesn’t matter which division they went to, college is college and is a way to better yourself regardless of the level. Now if they got sent home, that was on them and not a reflection of the previous coach.

Are you related to Treybig? Answer that please - because I think you are. And you are still talking out of both sides of your mouth too & still not saying who you are. There's the cowardly part again.

Objective analysis does not have to include calling names. This team has talent issues, period. I believe the staff is working hard & getting all they can from this group. This group has never been regarded as a "can't miss" group of kids. The current freshmen team does have some talent. It takes talent to win big at any level of ball.

You don't become a spread team at this point of the season. Maybe they will do more of that, but not 100%. Any good coach has a philosophy & sticks to it. You don't become wishy-washy & last very long. Sweeny's foundation is solid & they will be back.

JDOG
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Trust me when I say I don’t have a grudge because I don’t have vested interest in the team. I don’t have child, the staff has never done anything wrong to me. I am just a person that thinks that we shouldn’t just accept the excuse that talent is not what is, a coach has to be able to get the most out of what he has and in my opinion the staff has not. There are teams with lesser talent that might make the playoffs. What playmakers have we now got the ball in their hands that we weren't before? We have the same recievers out there. We have the same running backs, other than the JV player that came upand got a few touches. I don't see that we got the ball in anyone differents hands. And I haven't seen a team we have lost too with less talent or one that will make the playoffs with less talent .Now I have seen this staff beat a lot of teams with more talent through the years such as Lamar Consilidated when we were in 4A.

lilballa255
10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm tired of this back and forth crap. Good luck to the Dogs the rest of the season.

raider red 2000
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm tired of this back and forth crap. Good luck to the Dogs the rest of the season.

how bout yall just meet at half time and fight...just kidding...go TIGERS

18handicap
10-24-2007, 06:01 PM
?

maestro
10-24-2007, 09:02 PM
i was beginning to ask also..

isn't there an exciting football game between sweeny and wharton to discuss??

fireman1
10-24-2007, 09:55 PM
i guess the subject changed to who is right and wrong about being a coward and ppl showing their true colors or something like that then touched the subject about earning strips? where they talking about zebras? but lets gets back to the original topic between Wharton and Sweeny its going to be a good game but with the win that the Tigers had last week I think they may come out playing harder and I say a quarter of out playing the dogs will have them give up in the calls of the coach (not saying the coach doesnt call the right plays im just saying)

g$$
10-25-2007, 03:06 AM

I'm tired of a COWARD calling people out & then not having the cajones to say who he truly is. I think I know & he is related to some Land Sharks on the bay. Have fun with that whole deal.

Go Dogs! We will be back.

g$$
10-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
?

He is still hiding 18. We know though who he is. He said too much when he took the bait.

18handicap
10-25-2007, 06:41 AM
I haven't figured it out yet. I guess I've been gone too long, or I'm not doing a good job of reading between the lines. That happens when you teach seniors sometimes..haha

lilballa255
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I'm tired of a COWARD calling people out & then not having the cajones to say who he truly is. I think I know & he is related to some Land Sharks on the bay. Have fun with that whole deal.

Go Dogs! We will be back.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea who I am

18handicap
10-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Basically I really don't care who everyone is on this board, I just support the guys that coach at Sweeny since I got to work with them, and support the kids that play because I got to work with them too. This group of seniors is the last group I helped coach in junior high football there and even though we didn't win much, those kids were fun to work with, were very resilient, and worked their tails off. I will always cheer them on!!

3afan
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
personally I don't think anyone is a coward for not revealing who they really are in a public forum ... that would be nuts IMO

but then again no one asked me :p

oh, and b44 ... kids that do not play football are not cowards either ... :)

sinton66
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
The purpose of screen names is to provide users with anonymity if they so prefer. That is a valuable commodity on a message board. Our rule saying not to use people's real names in your posts means "without their permission to do so." If they CHOOSE to reveal their real names, that's their priviledge, and therefore, no violation of the rules occurs. It would be a violation to "out" someone without their permission.

No one should be "chastized" for choosing to remain anonymous. That is entirely their priviledge.

g$$
10-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The purpose of screen names is to provide users with anonymity if they so prefer. That is a valuable commodity on a message board. Our rule saying not to use people's real names in your posts means "without their permission to do so." If they CHOOSE to reveal their real names, that's their priviledge, and therefore, no violation of the rules occurs. It would be a violation to "out" someone without their permission.

No one should be "chastized" for choosing to remain anonymous. That is entirely their priviledge.

Agreed.

And, no one should take unwarranted shots at coaches & kids & hide behind a user name either. To me that is cowardly. He likes to call people out but won't come forth.

I know who he is by reading between the lines. Say what you want LilBalla, but some of us know. I'm embarrassed for you that you are from Sweeny & conducted yourself that way.

deer spotter
10-26-2007, 02:33 PM

Hey man,you obviuosly have not been around football or many other sports. Or if you have then you need to pay a lot more attention than what you do. Sounds like you need to watch the game, pay attention to the game,try and decipher why things are done the way they are and be a lot more TIGHT LIPPED. You are really making an @*(^#%**%@ of your self everytime you post something. My advise: You can not learn something when your mouth is open. You need to walk a mile or maybe twenty in the coaches shoes before you open your mouth again and step on the lips you have been flapping.

g$$
10-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by deer spotter
Hey man,you obviuosly have not been around football or many other sports. Or if you have then you need to pay a lot more attention than what you do. Sounds like you need to watch the game, pay attention to the game,try and decipher why things are done the way they are and be a lot more TIGHT LIPPED. You are really making an @*(^#%**%@ of your self everytime you post something. My advise: You can not learn something when your mouth is open. You need to walk a mile or maybe twenty in the coaches shoes before you open your mouth again and step on the lips you have been flapping.

whoa!! :clap: :clap:

Rattlesnake_08
10-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Sweeny will probably get them boys from Wharton, although niether team is very good.