PDA

View Full Version : Giddings fans... What did you think about Rattler Stadium?

State_In_08
10-23-2007, 12:31 AM
I'd like to know your opinions on Rattler Stadium. Did you like it or what? I know the parking is a little crude on the visitors side and the stands aren't very big, but they just had to throw some stands up so we could have it ready by season's start. Also, them Rattlers play pretty tough on that new field don't they? I don't know if anyone from Giddings thought we'd keep it that close... and if it weren't for a few mistakes and a couple bad calls from the home sidelines, we have had a 28-21 upset.

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 12:38 AM
I went and played around on it one night when the construction was going on.

buffalo2006
10-23-2007, 04:29 PM
I thought it was real nice with exception of the visitor seating, and why couldn't ya'll fill up ya'lls side? I liked the screen but caught myself watching that sometimes instead of the game. You need to have your school to have a class that works with the filming and have replays but other than that it was nice.

navscanmaster
10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
I thought it was real nice with exception of the visitor seating, and why couldn't ya'll fill up ya'lls side? I liked the screen but caught myself watching that sometimes instead of the game. You need to have your school to have a class that works with the filming and have replays but other than that it was nice.
Not sure what the gate was, but we were able to nearly fill it. The school does have a new technology class that does that. Did you see the kids with the light blue "Media Crew" shirts on? They have cameras that go all around the field and film the action, drill team, band, fans, cheerleaders, and anything else worth filming. Doing instant replays will take more cameras to capture the action staged around the field, as well as a dedicated "replay camera", not a game film camera such as a scout would have. Instant replays are a high dollar operation. Just ask the guys in Round Rock or Waco!

gtownfan
10-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Not sure what the gate was, but we were able to nearly fill it. The school does have a new technology class that does that. Did you see the kids with the light blue "Media Crew" shirts on? They have cameras that go all around the field and film the action, drill team, band, fans, cheerleaders, and anything else worth filming. Doing instant replays will take more cameras to capture the action staged around the field, as well as a dedicated "replay camera", not a game film camera such as a scout would have. Instant replays are a high dollar operation. Just ask the guys in Round Rock or Waco!

I don't think the replays would work on that size screen. It was hard to see some of the video's shown already (maybe it's my glasses).

Also, the announcer needs to be careful not to be talking while signals are being called at the line. That seemed to have happened a hand full of times.

Overall the field was nice. I was suprised that access to and from the stadium was not that bad, given the location.

Add a few more visitor seats, remove the chain link fence to give multiple ways in and out of the stands, fix the parking lot, it will be one of the best in the area.

navscanmaster
10-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I hope we are all in the same district next year, but I think that we might end up entertaining Bryan Rudder until they hit 4A in 2010. After playoffs are done, hopefully our athletics and business depts will see how beneficial about 1000-1500 more visitor seats could be. They would fit if the ascent angle was changed to like it is on the home side. And the parking lot will be paved regardless of any other changes being made.

buff4life
10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I hope we are all in the same district next year, but I think that we might end up entertaining Bryan Rudder until they hit 4A in 2010. After playoffs are done, hopefully our athletics and business depts will see how beneficial about 1000-1500 more visitor seats could be. They would fit if the ascent angle was changed to like it is on the home side. And the parking lot will be paved regardless of any other changes being made.

I loved the field and the scoreboard but i think i have some legit beefs...

I kind of felt like i was in a prison because of the massive amount of fencing and the LOCKS the people put on the gates. I had a sideline pass and the attendant (who was a complet Ahole by the way) would only open it at halftime and then put the lock back on it so no one could leave the field and go back up to the stands. Second, i didn't get why trainers could drive a mule (before the game, not for the injured player that is a totally different story) but Navasota would not let us put an inflatable helmet onto the field for the players to run out to...was it a demoralizing thing? BUT besides those two i loved the atmosphere it created and the camera...

Also, the dance team with the dance in the end zone reminded me of an NFL team...i was impressed

Bull's-eye
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
The stadium was very nice, but I also had a few complaints. We were forced to go around the stands if we wanted to go get something to eat. The high fences were covered with a tarp that made it almost impossible to see the game while going to the concession stands. When the Giddings player got hurt, we tried to get his number by looking through the fence. We were quickly told to go find our seats and that nobody could stand there. Like buff4life said, it felt like being in a prison. Not sure why they need those high fences.

Bull19
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
i have a question about the field, from driving past it all the time i noticed that the brick frame that has the elevator extends about 6 ft. or so above the press box and imo looks kinda goofy. maybe somebody can explain the point of it.......it kinda looks like a chimney, minus the hole

Bull's-eye
10-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i have a question about the field, from driving past it all the time i noticed that the brick frame that has the elevator extends about 6 ft. or so above the press box and imo looks kinda goofy. maybe somebody can explain the point of it.......it kinda looks like a chimney, minus the hole

That's for the MAN upstairs! They may intend to add another level or it's an easier way to get on top of the roof. :D

sabre1
10-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I'd like to know your opinions on Rattler Stadium. Did you like it or what? I know the parking is a little crude on the visitors side and the stands aren't very big, but they just had to throw some stands up so we could have it ready by season's start. Also, them Rattlers play pretty tough on that new field don't they? I don't know if anyone from Giddings thought we'd keep it that close... and if it weren't for a few mistakes and a couple bad calls from the home sidelines, we have had a 28-21 upset.

Don't forget the final TD we left on the field, with 9 seconds left, when we did the right thing and took a knee

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
Don't forget the final TD we left on the field, with 9 seconds left, when we did the right thing and took a knee

At this point in the game, everyone knew that the game was over. Thus, the Rattlers probably could have cared less if Giddings scored again. Had it been a little more time, I think much more effort would have come from the Rattler D as it did the entire second half.

yoemenkracker30
10-25-2007, 07:58 AM
when cameron scrimmaged there, a lot of our guys were getting scraped up by the sand and tiny rocks in the turf mixture....kinda dangerous

1st and goal
10-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I will say this and I don't mean to sound negative or insult anybody. After seeing the screen on the scoreboard, I would NOT recommend having one UNLESS it is at least half again bigger and it can show replays. The commercials were kind of annoying. My far away vision is still decent and I had a hard time telling what was on while sitting near the 50 yd line.

The field is really nice. Why isn't there an exit in the middle of the visitors bleachers? Thats just how Lagrange's visitor side is set up.

Rattlesnake_08
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
No matter what anyone says Rattler Stadium is the nicest stadium in 3A, and it should be, because Navasota is going to be playing there for the next eight decades. LOL.

buff4life
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
No matter what anyone says Rattler Stadium is the nicest stadium in 3A, and it should be, because Navasota is going to be playing there for the next eight decades. LOL.

we all said it was awesome, it could just use a few management adjustments and some nicer people

Old Tiger
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Team's who have better stadiums than Navasota

Hutto
Sweetwater
Gilmer

RattlerDude
10-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Hutto
Sweetwater
Gilmer

Do they have turf?

18handicap
10-25-2007, 10:50 PM
YES

Rattlesnake_08
10-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
we all said it was awesome, it could just use a few management adjustments and some nicer people

I know last year when we were in Giddings the home side sure could have used a few nicer people, because I was supposed to sit over there and no one would share their row even if there was a empty seat. It seemed the buffaloe fans were ready to fight to the death for their row...The way they acted was pretty rude if you ask me.

buff4life
10-25-2007, 11:26 PM
I know last year when we were in Giddings the home side sure could have used a few nicer people, because I was supposed to sit over there and no one would share their row even if there was a empty seat. It seemed the buffaloe fans were ready to fight to the death for their row...The way they acted was pretty rude if you ask me.

yo 08...besides the fact i was talking about the people running it nothing about the fans...

when your team is good and the stands aren't big enough, seats are a valuable commodity, there are fans that arrive at 530 so their family can have a seat, but sorry for the FEW that were inhospitable...

Rattlesnake_08
10-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
yo 08...besides the fact i was talking about the people running it nothing about the fans...

when your team is good and the stands aren't big enough, seats are a valuable commodity, there are fans that arrive at 530 so their family can have a seat, but sorry for the FEW that were inhospitable...

I didn't say you were talking about the fans, I just thought it was a good time to mention to someone, who seems to be in charge of Giddings, my input of my experience there since you were so kind as to share yours.

Oh, and I bet the people "running it" are fans in some way.

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I will say this and I don't mean to sound negative or insult anybody. After seeing the screen on the scoreboard, I would NOT recommend having one UNLESS it is at least half again bigger and it can show replays. The commercials were kind of annoying. My far away vision is still decent and I had a hard time telling what was on while sitting near the 50 yd line.

The field is really nice. Why isn't there an exit in the middle of the visitors bleachers? Thats just how Lagrange's visitor side is set up.

I agree.. It is also difficult to see everything else such as TO's left, downs, etc..all I could see is a bunch of red numbers....If I wasn't a football fan, it would be very difficult to guess what everything is saying.

Bull19
10-26-2007, 08:35 AM

your wrong, hutto has the nicest. END OF STORY

navscanmaster
10-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
your wrong, hutto has the nicest. END OF STORY

Notice the LOL. Internet jargon for Laughing Out Loud. Also refers to somebody JOKING! Jeez some people....

Just kidding. We are happy about our new stadium, sorry if our folks seem a little overzealous sometimes. We all loved Brule Field because it was our home since friggin Prohibition! But we all know, as did most of southeast Texas, that it had its problems (seating, parking, restrooms, drainage, ADA compliance, the list goes on). I think we were all a little confused to hear how the stadium was probably going to seat 3500/2500 when it was first planned, and then see it end up 3000/1500. But you have to remember that it was budgeted at 2 Million BEFORE Katrina/Rita, Oil price gouging, and the price of steel skyrocketed. We went way over that 2 million to build the place! So somethings looked to be cut. But somebody mentioned how funky the elevator shaft looked sticking out from behind the pressbox off center like it does. Well, I think that they can add 1000 more seats at the drop of a hat. That pressbox was brought in preassembled on two steel beams by a tractor-trailer, and crain hoisted into place. I think that someday, changes will be made when our growth dictates it. But I believe that improvements in the visitor seating will have to take place, or we can forget getting anything other than 1A or 2A playoff games. Come back next year, maybe the school will have things running smooth after a year of running it.

Rattlesnake_08
10-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Notice the LOL. Internet jargon for Laughing Out Loud. Also refers to somebody JOKING! Jeez some people....

Just kidding. We are happy about our new stadium, sorry if our folks seem a little overzealous sometimes. We all loved Brule Field because it was our home since friggin Prohibition! But we all know, as did most of southeast Texas, that it had its problems (seating, parking, restrooms, drainage, ADA compliance, the list goes on). I think we were all a little confused to hear how the stadium was probably going to seat 3500/2500 when it was first planned, and then see it end up 3000/1500. But you have to remember that it was budgeted at 2 Million BEFORE Katrina/Rita, Oil price gouging, and the price of steel skyrocketed. We went way over that 2 million to build the place! So somethings looked to be cut. But somebody mentioned how funky the elevator shaft looked sticking out from behind the pressbox off center like it does. Well, I think that they can add 1000 more seats at the drop of a hat. That pressbox was brought in preassembled on two steel beams by a tractor-trailer, and crain hoisted into place. I think that someday, changes will be made when our growth dictates it. But I believe that improvements in the visitor seating will have to take place, or we can forget getting anything other than 1A or 2A playoff games. Come back next year, maybe the school will have things running smooth after a year of running it.

I know...I was just kidding...goodness!

State_In_08
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I pretty much agree with all the criticisms on here. Although I am very proud of the new stadium and think it looks great, I have a few problems too, even for a Navasota fan. Like so many said, the people running it are way too harsh about standing around. You basically have to be moving the whole time or else you may get arrested or thrown out, even on the home side. Case in point, me and a couple of my friends were talking to a former NHS teacher and an "aide" of the stadium came up to us and told us to move it along! We're just talking! Jeez!

Also, the scoreboard is nice, and I'm just happy to have one that isn't rusty (*cough* Brule *cough*) and I really don't have a problem seeing any of the numbers or anything else. I do agree that the screen could be a bit bigger, but I'm not all that concerned with it.

Another thing is, please, for Christ's sake, put air conditioning in the bathrooms! It won't be a problem anymore (considering the 40 degree temperature) but I know for at least the first 4 games it was scorching in there and I always came out sweating. That's a problem.

Other than those (and really those aren't all that big) I don't have any problems with the field and think it all looks great. BTW, opposing fans, you should see our weight room, locker room, and gym. It's all very nice and I can't wait for basketball season to start so our Rattlers can represent by once more winning district 23-3A!

Rattlesnake_08
10-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I pretty much agree with all the criticisms on here. Although I am very proud of the new stadium and think it looks great, I have a few problems too, even for a Navasota fan. Like so many said, the people running it are way too harsh about standing around. You basically have to be moving the whole time or else you may get arrested or thrown out, even on the home side. Case in point, me and a couple of my friends were talking to a former NHS teacher and an "aide" of the stadium came up to us and told us to move it along! We're just talking! Jeez!

Also, the scoreboard is nice, and I'm just happy to have one that isn't rusty (*cough* Brule *cough*) and I really don't have a problem seeing any of the numbers or anything else. I do agree that the screen could be a bit bigger, but I'm not all that concerned with it.

Another thing is, please, for Christ's sake, put air conditioning in the bathrooms! It won't be a problem anymore (considering the 40 degree temperature) but I know for at least the first 4 games it was scorching in there and I always came out sweating. That's a problem.

Other than those (and really those aren't all that big) I don't have any problems with the field and think it all looks great. BTW, opposing fans, you should see our weight room, locker room, and gym. It's all very nice and I can't wait for basketball season to start so our Rattlers can represent by once more winning district 23-3A!

Hell Yeah!

Rattlesnake_08
10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Hutto
Sweetwater
Gilmer

I know I haven't seen y'all's stadiums, but have y'all seen ours?

navscanmaster
10-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I know I haven't seen y'all's stadiums, but have y'all seen ours?

I'll brush Hutto off. Nice, but smaller. Gilmer I don't know about. But yeah, Sweetwater probably has the nicest overall stadium design in 3A, not counting schools that share a stadium with 4 and 5A schools, such as Pizza Hut Park in Frisco(Pro Soccer, concert venue also). And it was built around the same time as Brule. Take a look at it at texasbob.com. They have pictures of almost every stadium in TX.

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not a Giddings fan per say...but I drive right past the new Rattler stadium almost every weekend going to the property. Pretty nice.

1st and goal
10-26-2007, 05:31 PM
I forgot to mention how much I liked the Diamonettes! They were doing a tribute to breast cancer and wearing some really PINK wigs. They are well instructed and performed really well.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I forgot to mention how much I liked the Diamonettes! They were doing a tribute to breast cancer and wearing some really PINK wigs. They are well instructed and performed really well.

They are good! Their new instructor is a former Houston Texan Cheerleader and Rocket PowerDancer. I hope that they can get there numbers back up to the 30-35 mark as more students are involved in extracurricular activities.

gtownfan
10-27-2007, 08:08 AM
No one's mentioned it - but the pre-game prayer was nice and unexpected!

I even heard cheers after it was over!!

Most teams go with the moment of silence in order to not offend anyone.