PDA

View Full Version : Astros Stink!

Tackle75
09-28-2003, 12:34 AM
You know I am fed up with watching the Astros. I know you all are probally feeling the same way too. I know this has nothing to do with Football right now, but I have vent my anger somewhere, so I figured this is just a good place as any.

I just wanna say that I think 90% of those guys and the coaches should all be gone this year. I dont think I saw a single one of those guys get intense or upset, when they lost 10-2 to the Giants, or 12-5 to the brewers, they just took it like it was okay. Loosing should upset a team, and get some guys angry, and fired up ,but not the Astros. I know they play 165 games a year, and so losing is enevitable, but these games down the stretch, that they need to win, should mean a little something to em', oh well maybe they 'll bring in a new and firey coach, who knows how to win.

Wildcat81
09-28-2003, 06:36 AM
Chock City never fails Astros stink.

Vrabird
09-28-2003, 08:43 AM
The outcome was inevitable. Even if they made it thru the division, the Braves were waiting for them. We all know what happens when they play the Braves!!!! I've been a Diehard Astro fan for over 30 years and you just come to expect it from them no matter who the players or coach is. Maybe the baseball gods will shine down on the ASTROS and give them a World Series championship before I pass on from this world.

Keith7
09-28-2003, 12:09 PM
It could be worse.. you could be a Ranger fan

Gobbla2001
09-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Dude, the chips just didn't fall in the right place... After 150 or so games the 'Stros were still tied with the cubs for the lead... I dunno why they have to win the division every year, only one team does and only one team outta that division gets into the playoffs, outta how many teams in that division? Just thank your starts that they were even it in...

People just expect too much, esspecially ones that couldn't even spit sunflower seeds in the big leagues much less pick up a bat or throw a pitch...

mwisnews
09-29-2003, 12:42 AM
I tired of Atlanta winning all the time I hope the Cubs beat them. For the Cubs to do that it has to come from their pitching.

<small>[ September 29, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Keith7:
It could be worse.. you could be a Ranger fangot that right...I saw a stat in a paper today showing that my beloved Rangers became only the 6th team in MLB history to finish last in their division four years in a row. That puts them in the same category as Tampa Bay! OUCH!

St. Ivender
09-29-2003, 09:32 AM
We are better than the Cubs, we just didn't want it bad enough. I hope Florida takes it not another American League team (unless it's the Red Sox)

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
well, I'm sure that the Cubs fans are all saying that they're better than the Astros. They played 162 games this year for a reason. The record at the end says that the Cubs are better; whether it's true or not, that's the way it goes.
Remember Super Bowl XXXVI? No way the Patriots were the better team, but that's all that counts in the end.

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 12:22 PM
As I said earlier, I picked the Cubs to win it from Day 1. I pull for the Stros (after the Red Sox), but have grown to expect them to choke late, and I really didn't expect them to hang after Oswalt went down. I actually didn't think it would be this close, the Cubs have great pitching, that I thought would allow them to cruise to the top, but couldn't find enough offense to establish themselves as the best.

Interesting matchups in the playoffs, especially the Oak/Bos series and the Cubs pitching against the Braves bats. It should be fun. I'm hoping for a Cubs/Sox Series, that would be unbelievable. Wrigley, Fenway, the Curses, that's what I'm rooting for.

whtfbplaya
09-29-2003, 12:51 PM
One of the most glaring problems to anyone who knows baseball is that we have a defensive liability in centerfield that hit in the 275 range.

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 02:27 PM
at least you can name a centerfielder with Biggio...players that played center for the Rangers this year: Carl Everett, Doug Glanville, Laynce Nix, Ramon Nivar....that's just the guys who played there frequently...

Tackle75
09-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Biggio, wasn't a liability in Centerfield. He only made 2 errors on the year. Two Errors!
I am not totally sure of this, but I can almost guarantee that , that is far better than the average Centerfielder. I am not saying that Biggio should be around much longer, but the man has heart and he is a ball player, he will do whatever, whenever it is necessary to win a game, I think on a heartless team, he is the man with the biggest heart.He is probally the only Astro that never really chokes much in the PLayoffs, although he lets off a little, but thats normal, the lights, pressure, all combine to make it difficult for all clubs, Doubly so for the Astros

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 08:48 PM
With Oswalt in ALL season the 'Stros would be in the playoffs right now... They tried their hardest to keep it up and did a good job...

IF the pitching staff can stay healthy all next year, you'll see 'em in the playoffs...

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Tackle75:
Biggio, wasn't a liability in Centerfield. He only made 2 errors on the year. Two Errors!
I am not totally sure of this, but I can almost guarantee that , that is far better than the average Centerfielder. I am not saying that Biggio should be around much longer, but the man has heart and he is a ball player, he will do whatever, whenever it is necessary to win a game, I think on a heartless team, he is the man with the biggest heart.He is probally the only Astro that never really chokes much in the PLayoffs, although he lets off a little, but thats normal, the lights, pressure, all combine to make it difficult for all clubs, Doubly so for the AstrosI was waiting for someone to bring this up. Yes, Biggio has heart, I can appreciate that. But he IS a liability in CF. True, he only made 2 errors, but that's not hard when you only range about 20 feet. Most center fielders make errors on ball that Biggio doesn't come close to getting to. Twice this year I saw Biggio, running for the ball, fall down, not get to the ball, and not get charged w/ an E. And then there's the arm. Not everyone can ask for Andruw or Edmonds arm, but seriously. If the ball is hit to center field, and your on second, you score... every time. Guys don't even look at the 3B coach, they just go. Also allows guys to go from 1st to 3rd. May only make a little bit of difference throughout the year, but the Astros DID finish only 1 game out.

Tackle75
09-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Oh hey I agree with you a 100% I think Biggio is getting over the hill, and needs to retire with grace, while he can still be considered a decent ball player. He should be able to retire with the Astros. Obviously the Astros need an upgrade at Centerfield, but they need an upgrade at about a dozen positions, and considering the Astros have already let rumors out about letting Wagner and HIdalgo go, to cut payroll, We will just have to wait and see about next year's Astros.

I just hate the system Baseball has in plce right now,it really isnt fair that guys have to be cut to keep payroll order, and allow the guys to migrate north to Title Town , NY.Where they can afford just about anyone. I wish the Astros made that kind of money, but they dont, and wont