View Full Version : Sorry......

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
PM's are cleared out now. :D

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
PM's are cleared out now. :D

So have you been getting special treatment being the MOTW??

Do they give you a trophy or anything?

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Darren
So have you been getting special treatment being the MOTW??

Do they give you a trophy or anything?
I received a gift card to HEB. Other than the little boys all excited because they were going to be on TV too for standing by me, no difference.

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
I drove through Liberty Hill for the first time in about a year or so and ya'll have the longest city limits.

I kept thinking I was just about out of the city limits and I kept seeing stop light after stop light...

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Hahahaha! When we first moved here, there was the light at 183 & 29 (Seward Junction). Then at the "end" of town, there was a flashing yellow light. We've grown a little. ;)

Ranger Mom
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I drove through Liberty Hill for the first time in about a year or so and ya'll have the longest city limits.

I kept thinking I was just about out of the city limits and I kept seeing stop light after stop light...

There are stop lights??

I guess the 2 times I have been there, I just drove BY Liberty Hill on my way to Burnet.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
There are stop lights??

I guess the 2 times I have been there, I just drove BY Liberty Hill on my way to Burnet.
LOL! You would've had to go through them. We've added one more since you were here. (They're all on the highway - "town" is off the road.)

Ranger Mom
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
LOL! You would've had to go through them. We've added one more since you were here. (They're all on the highway - "town" is off the road.)

HaHa!! I guess you can tell that I wasn't driving...I am a very unobservant passenger!!:p

JR2004
10-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Hahahaha! When we first moved here, there was the light at 183 & 29 (Seward Junction)

My brother and I always got our parents stop at Seward Junction to get something to eat and drink when we were kids because back then you were only halfway from Lampasas to the mall down in Austin. There was no Lakeline back then to go to.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
My brother and I always got our parents stop at Seward Junction to get something to eat and drink when we were kids because back then you were only halfway from Lampasas to the mall down in Austin. There was no Lakeline back then to go to.
I'm about to show my age. :eek: :eek: Yeah, like I haven't before.... :D

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I came from Lubbock for the weekend. I couldn't figure out why all these red lights were out in the middle of nowhere, starting at Seward Junction.....all the way to 360. That was right at 23 years ago. :doh:

JR2004
10-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm about to show my age. :eek: :eek: Yeah, like I haven't before.... :D

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I came from Lubbock for the weekend. I couldn't figure out why all these red lights were out in the middle of nowhere, starting at Seward Junction.....all the way to 360. That was right at 23 years ago. :doh:

LOL...That's too funny. I'm sure you aren't the only one who couldn't figure that out.

23 years ago? Gosh you've seen things change a lot in that area then. I wish you could've seen the confusion I went through when I went back down 183 about a year or so ago (maybe a little longer.). I crossed the railroad tracks right before Leander and then the highway went all kinds of ways! Well at least it seemed that way. It had been so long since I went down through there. To me it was always just a straight shot through Leander and on down to Austin...All that construction confused the heck out of me...lol.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 10:26 PM
LOL...That's too funny. I'm sure you aren't the only one who couldn't figure that out.

23 years ago? Gosh you've seen things change a lot in that area then. I wish you could've seen the confusion I went through when I went back down 183 about a year or so ago (maybe a little longer.). I crossed the railroad tracks right before Leander and then the highway went all kinds of ways! Well at least it seemed that way. It had been so long since I went down through there. To me it was always just a straight shot through Leander and on down to Austin...All that construction confused the heck out of me...lol.
:doh: :doh: It's not much better now. Most of the construction is finished, but it still goes every which way. All I can say is "AVOID THE TOLL ROADS".

Ranger Mom
10-22-2007, 10:28 PM

We were in Austin last year for the state track meet and then again this year!! I couldn't believe how much road construction had taken place on that same route in that span of time.

Thank goodness LHPM told us where to go to avoid the tolls!!:D

You know me....if it's FREE, I take it!!:p

JR2004
10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
:doh: :doh: It's not much better now. Most of the construction is finished, but it still goes every which way. All I can say is "AVOID THE TOLL ROADS".

TOLL ROADS? What in the Hee Seop Choi? The Apocalypse is upon us.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 10:36 PM
:doh: :doh: Oh, yes! "45" goes from Lakeline area to Round Rock, parallel (sort of) to 620. 183A is the toll road through Cedar Park/Leander and dumps off onto 183 just south of South San Gabriel. The "actual" toll part of 183A is 4 miles - $1.80 for those 4 miles. Oh, but you get that "free" extra 7 miles. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Uhm, to drive on the "free" part w/o the toll is WAY out of the way. The worst part is there is one "cash" booth. If you don't have a TexTag, you're hosed, unless you get off at the one $1.50 booth. Then there's 130 that runs east of Georgetown.

TxDOT recently decided to build more toll roads in the area. Basically, the funding is not what they need to build/upgrade. So, they're outsourcing for lack of funding and letting them collect the tolls (TexTag).

JR2004
10-22-2007, 10:45 PM
We were in Austin last year for the state track meet and then again this year!! I couldn't believe how much road construction had taken place on that same route in that span of time.

No toll roads out in Midland or Greenwood I take it? :)

JR2004
10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
:doh: :doh: Oh, yes! "45" goes from Lakeline area to Round Rock, parallel (sort of) to 620. 183A is the toll road through Cedar Park/Leander and dumps off onto 183 just south of South San Gabriel. The "actual" toll part of 183A is 4 miles - $1.80 for those 4 miles. Oh, but you get that "free" extra 7 miles. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Uhm, to drive on the "free" part w/o the toll is WAY out of the way. The worst part is there is one "cash" booth. If you don't have a TexTag, you're hosed, unless you get off at the one $1.50 booth. Then there's 130 that runs east of Georgetown.

TxDOT recently decided to build more toll roads in the area. Basically, the funding is not what they need to build/upgrade. So, they're outsourcing for lack of funding and letting them collect the tolls (TexTag).

You've officially confused me to the highest level of confustivity! That's right you confused me so much that I made up a new word to explain how confused Iam! I'm gonna have to sleep on this one to figure out where all these new roads down there go...lol.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM

:doh: :doh: Yes, and what exactly did I do as I'm calling you to say "AVOID blah blah take exit blah blah"? :(