PDA

View Full Version : World Series Poll

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 02:52 PM
This poll is NOT who you are rooting for, it's who you believe will win...I know there are a lot of Rockies bandwagoners out there, but do you guys think that the Rockies will have enough to beat the Red Sox???

Bull Butter
10-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I really think the 9-day layoff will cool off what was a very HOT Rockies team. If the WS began a day or 2 after the NLCS, I'd give Colorado a real good shot at winning, but Boston is the team that is on a roll right now.

Red Sox in 5

3afan
10-22-2007, 03:10 PM
baseball execs are morons .... this world series could end in November

eagles_victory
10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Red Sox have too much pitching and hitting. Its hard to get beat when you have a stopper like Josh Beckett who you could possibly run out their 3 times in a series

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
There's something special about the Rockies this year...they haven't lost a postseason game yet...I expect that to end in this series, but if they take one of the first two in Boston (and I think they will), the Red Sox will have a hard time extending the series to get it back to Boston.

Red Sox nation is notoriously loud and proud, but they may have just met their match with the Rockies...the Rockies had to suspend tickets sales when 8.5 million people tried to log on to buy tickets within the first thirty minutes of them being posted online.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Red Sox nation is notoriously loud and proud, but they may have just met their match with the Rockies...the Rockies had to suspend tickets sales when 8.5 million people tried to log on to buy tickets within the first thirty minutes of them being posted online.

Only because the Rockies have won, the first game of there hot streak, they drew all of 19k...boston's fans are loyal during good and bad times, The Rockie fandom are just on for this ride and will be off after it is over

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Only because the Rockies have won, the first game of there hot streak, they drew all of 19k...boston's fans are loyal during good and bad times, The Rockie fandom are just on for this ride and will be off after it is over

oh, I'm not disputing that it's a bandwagon...but it just might be one of the biggest bandwagons in sports history.

The Red Sox absolutely have one of the greatest fan bases in sports, but I just think that for this one series, the enthusiasm of the crowd will be matched in Colorado. Whether those fans have ever been to a Rockies game before or not, they will be loud.

As the saying goes,

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
oh, I'm not disputing that it's a bandwagon...but it just might be one of the biggest bandwagons in sports history.

The Red Sox absolutely have one of the greatest fan bases in sports, but I just think that for this one series, the enthusiasm of the crowd will be matched in Colorado. Whether those fans have ever been to a Rockies game before or not, they will be loud.

As the saying goes,

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

I agree..as long as things are going well, but I just dont think the baseball wisdom of the Rockies fanbase is deep enough or there loyalty strong enough to "weather" the WS

Maroon87
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm just tired of hearing how the Red Sox "saved" the World Series by winning the ALCS because if it had been Indians/Rockies no one would watch. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm just tired of hearing how the Red Sox "saved" the World Series by winning the ALCS because if it had been Indians/Rockies no one would watch. :rolleyes:

Sadly that is true

the last two WS have tanked in ratings...neither had the Yanks or the Red Sox

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM

I would have, but I'm not attached to a ratings box.

Maroon87
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I would have, but I'm not attached to a ratings box.

Heck it's the World Series...I'd watch the D-Rays vs. the Nats.;)

Remember: in 1997 everyone was up in arms over Indians/Marlins and that was one of the most memorable World Series ever.

Just because no one's watching doesn't mean it's not a good series.

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Hey, have you heard?

The Red Sox saved the WS :p :p :p

Maroon87
10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hey, have you heard?

:foul:

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hey, have you heard?

better them than the Yankees!!!!

burnet44
10-22-2007, 05:19 PM
should be good
A team that is hot
vs
A team that wont lose

Ill take wont lose 4-2

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Let's get this back on track...

RED SOX in 5.

And yes, the ROX have a huge bandwagon right now. But I believe they have had the benefit of a much weaker NL to go through. AL is definitely stronger right now...

The only thing better than all of the debating about this is that we get at least 4 games to see it decided on the field.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
better them than the Yankees!!!!

Right!:D

I'm rooting for the Sox simply because it will cause Ol' George
to lose some sleep.:devil:

DUKE22
10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Sox in five, cause there better and they dont play in that jv league called the national.

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Sox in five, cause there better and they dont play in that jv league called the national.

That's what people have been saying for years now, but look at the Cardinals last year...they were bigger underdogs than the Rockies are this year IMO...at least the Rockies had a pretty solid year in terms of wins and losses. The Cardinals were barely above .500.

DUKE22
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
That's what people have been saying for years now, but look at the Cardinals last year...they were bigger underdogs than the Rockies are this year IMO...at least the Rockies had a pretty solid year in terms of wins and losses. The Cardinals were barely above .500. Ok i will give you that and the Rockies are hot at the right time just like the Cards were. I just feel Boston is that much better, I may be wrong, but i dont think I am. Besides not only is Boston better but they are hot as well different kind of hot but it is still hot.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
That's what people have been saying for years now, but look at the Cardinals last year...they were bigger underdogs than the Rockies are this year IMO...at least the Rockies had a pretty solid year in terms of wins and losses. The Cardinals were barely above .500.

The Cardinals didn't win it. The Tigers lost it. Something to do
with the pitchers forgetting how to field the ball and actually
throw it in the direction of the first baseman.:mad:

That is my totally unbiased opinion.;) :D

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Ok i will give you that and the Rockies are hot at the right time just like the Cards were. I just feel Boston is that much better, I may be wrong, but i dont think I am. Besides not only is Boston better but they are hot as well different kind of hot but it is still hot.

I won't dispute for one minute that the Red Sox are the better team, but Colorado took a regular season series in Fenway this year, so it's not like they're in completely unfamiliar territory (albeit the atmosphere will be). If I were choosing a roster from the two teams, I'd probably have about 20 Red Sox and 5 Rockies.

My gut just tells me that Colorado wins it.

DaHop72
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM

My gut just tells me that Colorado wins it. That's probably just gas. :devil: :devil:

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That's probably just gas. :devil: :devil:

I have had many people tell me that I'm full of hot air...:thinking: :doh:

DUKE22
10-23-2007, 01:03 PM
You know one problem the sox could have is that a hot bat is going to have to sit every night in Colorado. We know Papi aint sittin so Lowell or Youk will sit every other night, this aint good. I still say the sox have no problem with the Rocks.

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Good point about the DL... I wonder what Francona will do?

Darren
10-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Sox in Six

DUKE22
10-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Good point about the DL... I wonder what Francona will do? I am sure it depends on the first two games. In the past during three game series against NL teams Ortiz, Lowell, and Youk have each gotten a night off. Like I said though Ortiz aint sittin and he shouldnt.