View Full Version : Bill Belichick

Rabbit'93
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Do you like the guys coaching style?

Yes
No

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I love parts of it and hate parts of it.

But if he was coaching my favorite team, I'd probably love most of it.

3afan
10-22-2007, 02:36 PM
did he do something yesterday to prompt this post/poll?

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
did he do something yesterday to prompt this post/poll?

I don't know what '93 is thinking, but he did play his starters well past midway through the 4th quarter of a game that was 42-7 at halftime...

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
i watched some of this game

he took Tom Brady out of the game and the minute he did the back up QB threw an INT for TD return LOL

next series Tom Brady is back in and they score a TD

that was with like 10+ minutes left in the game and the score was 49-21 or something ridiculous

the next offensive series another qb was in the game

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 03:18 PM
I love his attitiude and his coaching style seems to work....

so yea, i love it

and CJ, if u didnt notice....

even though he kept his starters in UNTIL the 4th.... they were in comlete cruise control the second half

and i loved pittin Tom Brady back in...

Classic

eagles_victory
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
I love his attitiude and his coaching style seems to work....

so yea, i love it

and CJ, if u didnt notice....

even though he kept his starters in UNTIL the 4th.... they were in comlete cruise control the second half

and i loved pittin Tom Brady back in...

Classic hows that classic?

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
hows that classic? It was classic because they are stomping Miami and the backup throws a pic and so what does he do?

Puts Brady back in to shatter their hopes... and prove his point

I loved it...

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 03:46 PM
win at any cost....

burnet44
10-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I pretty much think Miami were playing their starters/ Huh

and its pro ball
it aint JH
get over it
let the Fins take care of their program

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
I pretty much think Miami were playing their starters/ Huh What?

Yea, Miami was playing their starters and yea I agree with the rest of your post

zebrablue2
10-22-2007, 04:01 PM
like it or not, he is one thing, and one thing only. a winner.

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
like it or not, he is one thing, and one thing only. a winner.

make that two things...he's also a proven cheater!

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
make that two things...he's also a proven cheater! This guy doesn't need to cheat to win

He ain't cheatin now, and look what the pats are doing to opposing Defenses

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
This guy doesn't need to cheat to win

He ain't cheatin now, and look what the pats are doing to opposing Defenses

I didn't say that he needed to cheat to win.

But he is a cheater. That is not disputable. The fact that he doesn't need to cheat to win in my opinion makes it even more disgraceful. If Scott Linehan or Cam Cameron were to get caught, that's at least understandable because their team really has no chance otherwise.

But we're talking about the coach of the best team in the league here.

gobbler grad
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
whether you like him or not , he's winning...so he's doing something right...:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
whether you like him or not , he's winning...so he's doing something right...:thinking:

agreed, but let's not crown him as a legend just yet...

Take away Tom Brady and give him Tavaris Jackson, and we'll see how good of a coach he is. I don't doubt that he is an elite coach, but he also has the best talent to work with out of any coach in the NFL, and has had that for a few years now.

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 04:22 PM
I didn't say that he needed to cheat to win.

But he is a cheater. That is not disputable. The fact that he doesn't need to cheat to win in my opinion makes it even more disgraceful. If Scott Linehan or Cam Cameron were to get caught, that's at least understandable because their team really has no chance otherwise.

But we're talking about the coach of the best team in the league here. tallt em up

thats II

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Tavaris Jackson, or Tomy Romo:D

and the guy IS a legend

Emerson1
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM

Take away Tom Brady and give him Tavaris Jackson, and we'll see how good of a coach he is. I don't doubt that he is an elite coach, but he also has the best talent to work with out of any coach in the NFL, and has had that for a few years now.
Or take away Bill Belichick and Tom Brady might be Chad Pennington

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Or take away Bill Belichick and Tom Brady might be Chad Pennington

could be...but I'd like to find out!

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
or Tomy Romo:D

and the guy IS a legend

the Pats would still be 7-0 in that instance :D

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
the Pats would still be 7-0 in that instance :D No, he would find a way to lose....;)

g$$
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM

Part of the equation is drafting & developing talent. He is involved with that end too along with GM Scott Pioli. New England is a machine & all players buy into "winning above personal stats". Look at Randy Moss now.

BB is a proven winner & great coach. He is also a jerk with little personality & doesn't deal well with the media. He just wins now after bumps in the road at Cleveland, etc. The man can coach, period. And he may even cross the line to do it too (spygate). He will go into the HOF one day based on championships won at New England & let's remember he was Parcells' DC with the Giants too when they won 2 Super Bowls.

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
No, he would find a way to lose....;)

Tom Brady's second season as a starter, he went 9-7...Tony Romo is 6-1 thus far... :p

g$$
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Tom Brady's second season as a starter, he went 9-7...Tony Romo is 6-1 thus far... :p

And Romo's lone loss so far this year was to whom...New England & Brady right by 3 tds? Romo is doing well & growing as a qb, but he is not anywhere close to Brady or Peyton Manning's league right now. Maybe one day, but not now. Hold off annointing him please until he has some rings & pelts on the wall.

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And Romo's lone loss so far this year was to whom...New England & Brady right by 3 tds? Romo is doing well & growing as a qb, but he is not anywhere close to Brady or Peyton Manning's league right now. Maybe one day, but not now. Hold off annointing him please until he has some rings & pelts on the wall. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And Romo's lone loss so far this year was to whom...New England & Brady right by 3 tds? Romo is doing well & growing as a qb, but he is not anywhere close to Brady or Peyton Manning's league right now. Maybe one day, but not now. Hold off annointing him please until he has some rings & pelts on the wall.

Then I guess Dan Marino was never worth anything...;) :p (kidding)

I'm not trying to compare Romo now to Brady now or Manning now...I'm just saying that if you look at where these great QBs were in their second season as a starter, Romo is hanging with the best of them. He's either #1 or #2 all-time for passing yards by a QB in their first 17 games (can't remember if he passed Warner or not).

Romo definitely has a lot of growing to do, but if I'm starting a franchise from scratch, you'd have a hard time convincing me not to rank Romo as the #3 QB right behind Brady and Manning...you could make an argument for Palmer as #3 that I'd listen to, but I still think I'd take Romo.

burnet44
10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Im telling ya the guy can coach
and Tom yeah a number 1 pick huh?
no tom and bill have developed together
people now say Tom is a stud
yeah after years of hard work
if he was so good why wasnt he drafted number1
kinda like Montana (6th-5th round) huh

and if you dont think everyone in the league is doing all they can to win
yeah your snow (per other thread)
cheating?
Yeah with a camera but they guys on the other teams taking roids aint cheating just enhancing their possibilities for success?
SD lbr last year he wasnt cheating huh?
and got DPOY?
get real people hate winners UT-Celina-Pats-Spurs-USC-ND (well used too)

I lke the winners
I like to watch the best play
its an historical thing
I dont like parity where everyone is 8-8
I want to see what the best do and how they do it
I wanted SF to win 3 in a row because no one had ever done it
(closest one to doing so IMHO)
Watch the great teams see how the game is played
you dont learn much watching 2 7-8 teams slug it out to see who will be 8-8

So before you go calling ol Bill a cheater
think (if you can) all the guys in the league
who-roid up, get pirated film, send women to meet the visiting teams (and if you dont think that happens you are not smart), send drug guys to known drug users, hang out in the lobby looking for players limping, will pick up a players unattended cell phone, anything to get an edge

yeah people are really snow
pure as the driven

gobbler grad
10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
He's no legend, just a great coach...and he has some great athletes that help out along the way...:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
will puck up a players unattended cell phone, anything to get an edge

Is that a hidden f-bomb or do you mean something else?

burnet44
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Is that a hidden f-bomb or do you mean something else?

type O
good to know people have my back

and IF I had ment that
I asure ya I would have said it

the U key is next to the I key btw
my bad

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 05:55 PM
type O
good to know people have my back

and IF I had ment that
I asure ya I would have said it

the U key is next to the I key btw
my bad

hey, it's been a crazy day...

the "P" key and the "F" key also look very similar on a keyboard on a standard, all-caps board..just checking...

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 05:56 PM
hey, it's been a crazy day...

the "P" key and the "F" key also look very similar on a keyboard on a standard, all-caps board..just checking... Yea, but they are way far apart

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Yea, but they are way far apart

yeah, about as far apart as Forney and Graham you might say...;)

lion75
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
You can have a record of 100-0 and still have no class. He has none. zilch nada. I enjoyed watching him act like a classless jerk in post game interviews when Manning eliminated him last year. And forever he will be an admitted cheater.

g$$
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Then I guess Dan Marino was never worth anything...;) :p (kidding)

I'm not trying to compare Romo now to Brady now or Manning now...I'm just saying that if you look at where these great QBs were in their second season as a starter, Romo is hanging with the best of them. He's either #1 or #2 all-time for passing yards by a QB in their first 17 games (can't remember if he passed Warner or not).

Romo definitely has a lot of growing to do, but if I'm starting a franchise from scratch, you'd have a hard time convincing me not to rank Romo as the #3 QB right behind Brady and Manning...you could make an argument for Palmer as #3 that I'd listen to, but I still think I'd take Romo.

Marino did get to a Super Bowl, & he does have lots of pelts on the wall as far as records passing or near the top in other categories. Miami could always score, sometimes defense was a problem after DC Bill Arnsparger left. I never said you HAD to have won a Super Bowl or championship (Barkley & Malone examples of greats who did not), but your body of work will tell the tale in the end. Did Malone finally win one with the Lakers after leaving Utah? I don't think he did but my memory is fading...

In other words, Romo still has a LONG ways to go before you can put him in that elite company. Hold off on the Cowboy love for now please. He still turns the ball over way too much.

TMer25
10-23-2007, 06:30 PM
No, Malone didn't get a ring with the Lakers

Big Papa
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Marino did get to a Super Bowl, & he does have lots of pelts on the wall as far as records passing or near the top in other categories. Miami could always score, sometimes defense was a problem after DC Bill Arnsparger left. I never said you HAD to have won a Super Bowl or championship (Barkley & Malone examples of greats who did not), but your body of work will tell the tale in the end. Did Malone finally win one with the Lakers after leaving Utah? I don't think he did but my memory is fading...

In other words, Romo still has a LONG ways to go before you can put him in that elite company. Hold off on the Cowboy love for now please. He still turns the ball over way too much.

of course he isnt there yet...i still dont think anybody is saying that....but you have to admit the talent is there....and where was romo drafted by the way....i remember when they had him and the other qb from michigan that had played baseball(i totally just blanked on his name)...i remember watching them in preseason and wondering why the other guy was still the backup...im not saying that romo is great....but i do think he will be a very good qb

g$$
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
of course he isnt there yet...i still dont think anybody is saying that....but you have to admit the talent is there....and where was romo drafted by the way....i remember when they had him and the other qb from michigan that had played baseball(i totally just blanked on his name)...i remember watching them in preseason and wondering why the other guy was still the backup...im not saying that romo is great....but i do think he will be a very good qb

Drew Henson is the former baseball player traded to Dallas from Houston.

I like Romo, just not ready to annoint him yet. He is still growing up as a qb. He played at a D2 school in Illinois I believe. When he quits turning the ball over as much, then he will have taken the next step. But I think he will always have a lil' gunslinger in him. It's part of what makes him good (like a Favre). But again, I like Romo as a talent for sure.

g$$
10-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
No, Malone didn't get a ring with the Lakers

Thanks, so my memory is better than I think I guess. He came close with the Lakers & Jazz, but no cigar. One of the all-time great power forwards for sure.