PDA

View Full Version : Road Incident

eagles_victory
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Im behind a truck im a pretty good distance behind going on a road with a lot of deer and two deer run out in front of me and I cant see them without the brights on so i turn the brights on well the trucker in front of me stops and gets out and goes crazy saying he couldnt see when im well behind him... Would my brights make it that hard for him to see?

ronwx5x
10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
One of the most convoluted, pointless posts I've seen. 3A Football? Ever hear of punctuation?

eagles_victory
10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
One of the most convoluted, pointless posts I've seen. 3A Football? Ever hear of punctuation? yea i put a question mark at the end of my post didnt you see it

whoa what an idiot :D

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
answer...yes...

For some reason around Denton/Lewisville, people like to drive with their brights on while on the highway or on regular roads...any time one of those cars gets behind you, it's almost impossible to see anything...it also gives you a horrific headache if you can't get them out from behind you within a minute or so.

piratebg
10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I hate when people have their brights on behind me. The light reflects off the rear view mirror and agitates the hell out of me.

Ranger Mom
10-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I hate when people have their brights on behind me. The light reflects off the rear view mirror and agitates the hell out of me.

It is extremely hard to see!! I will normally slow down and let them pass me.

Then I turn MY brights on.....lol...not really!

But it would be fun!!:p :p

AP Panther Fan
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by piratebg

same here, I also have a problem with my kids turning a light on in the car when driving at night...they pretty much know better, but always have some sort of little excuse that they need to see something.

3afan
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It is extremely hard to see!! I will normally slow down and let them pass me.

Then I turn MY brights on.....lol...not really!

But it would be fun!!:p :p

i've done that .. i wont leave them on, just long enough for them to get the message

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i've done that .. i wont leave them on, just long enough for them to get the message me too :devil:

DU_stud04
10-22-2007, 12:10 PM
ill let them pass me then flash them about 80 times....then turn off and hope they didnt have a gun.......

mooooo

Gobbla2001
10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I hate it too...

a friend and I had fun with it the other night coming back from fishin'... a car got behind us just as we were pulling off of the causeway and turned their brights on us... we didn't understand and were kind of irritated but we didn't get too mad... but the car ended up getting infront of us and turned at our turn... we get behind him, flash the brights once and the guy pulls over to let us pass, instead of passing we pull over as well, so the car gets back into the driving lane and we follow them all of the way to their house and stop by their driveway, and they stopped before pulling all of the way up, then we pulled away a little, then they pulled up, then we stopped, then we saw their reverse lights come on so we decided "Game over, you win" and left...

we were laughin' the whole time...

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im behind a truck im a pretty good distance behind going on a road with a lot of deer and two deer run out in front of me and I cant see them without the brights on so i turn the brights on well the trucker in front of me stops and gets out and goes crazy saying he couldnt see when im well behind him... Would my brights make it that hard for him to see?
Do you not realize that the light is what distracts the deer and makes them stop in the middle of the road anyway? The brighter the more likely it is to blind them.......

buff4life
10-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Do you not realize that the light is what distracts the deer and makes them stop in the middle of the road anyway? The brighter the more likely it is to blind them.......

people with brights on me get the california howdy!!!

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
same here, I also have a problem with my kids turning a light on in the car when driving at night...they pretty much know better, but always have some sort of little excuse that they need to see something. see, I drive and that light does not bother me at all...

but when im with my dad and i turn it on, hes goes ballistic talkin about how he can't see....

and im like wth? i can see fine when i'm driving and its on....

sweetwater07
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
see, I drive and that light does not bother me at all...

but when im with my dad and i turn it on, hes goes ballistic talkin about how he can't see....

and im like wth? i can see fine when i'm driving and its on....

your a young driver though, i used to be the same way when i rode wit my parents, they went ballistic too, but after driving for 2 years now its got to me, i can't hardly see when its on and i only turn it on when i'm looking to change cd's

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ill let them pass me then flash them about 80 times....then turn off and hope they didnt have a gun.......

mooooo moooo

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.swankmonkey.com/mazda/rx8/2004/images/lighting/high_beams.jpg
I honestly do not know what y'all are talkin' bout! :)

Gobbla2001
10-22-2007, 11:24 PM
A litte trick I've learned over my 8 years of driving:

When you see deer on the side of the road that you think may dart across, turn your lights off for a split second and the deer will freeze instead of darting across the road...

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 11:28 PM
This is a little trick I learnt when I found deer as I was driving down the road.

http://static.flickr.com/106/309547522_03bdb98a12.jpg

Gobbla2001
10-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
This is a little trick I learnt when I found deer as I was driving down the road.

http://static.flickr.com/106/309547522_03bdb98a12.jpg

you tranquilize 'em so that you can transport them to another pasture? :confused:

if so, that's so nice of you...

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
you tranquilize 'em so that you can transport them to another pasture? :confused:

if so, that's so nice of you...
No, I pick up the carcasses from the side of the road.

Apparently someone thinks that if they turn off their lights then the deer will freeze. :D

mistanice
10-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I wouldn't suggest turning on your brights on when someone is blinding you with theirs. What good will come out of having 2 blinded drivers? Just asking for trouble.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2007, 11:39 PM
No, I pick up the carcasses from the side of the road.

Apparently someone thinks that if they turn off their lights then the deer will freeze. :D

ha, that illegal, dude... just messin' wit yah btw

and for real, they do freeze... when the lights are directed towords them they freeze (which is where we get the "deer in the headlights look" saying from)... when the lights are NOT directed toword them they scatter, no matter which direction... when they turn off, then back on, they get confused and think too much, just like they do when they're directed at them...

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 11:40 PM
http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Needs-More-Cowbell.jpg

Gobbla2001
10-22-2007, 11:43 PM
http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Needs-More-Cowbell.jpg

that's for damned sure...

"I've got a feva, and the only prescription is Morwa Cowabell"