PDA

View Full Version : Question for Cuero Fans?

briefcase
10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
I graduated and played ball at Yoakum and have always been a fan of Yoakum athletics and have tried to follow them as best I can although I have not seen many games since 93.

I am a coach so I don't get to watch them very often but my question stems from what I was told by a person that has kids that attend Cuero.

Now there is no doubt that Cuero is and was the better football team Friday night. As a matter of fact I predicted Cuero to win by 35 and I believe they won by 36. Many on here believed it would be that in the 1st qtr.

I was not at the game so I do not know but was told by Yoakum and Cuero people that the refs called a horrible game against Yoakum. Please give me your opinions. Again I was not there so don't go blasting me...

PS: The Yoakum people did say that the Yoakum player that got ejected was a very good call and that that same kid has cost Yoakum almost every game with unsportsman-like penalties.

VanKampen
10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
i heard that too. something about #22 for cuero hitting the qb after the ref blew the whistle and the qb was just walking to the ref to hand him the ball and the qb got laid out and the ref just looked at him and didnt throw a flag. i also heard a certain rb from cuero was showboating the whole game. the yoakum fans said he was good but he was a punk and wondered what the deal was with coach reeve letting his players act like that

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I honestly think that the Yoakum folks should take their frustrations out on Cuero this Thanksgiving. :D

I know I will.

44INAROW
10-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Pork and Beans (Vankampen)- you're an embarresment to Cuero fans everywhere........ I was there and will admit the Yoakum fans were correct in their assessment. I had supper with two Yoakum folks Saturday night and they agreed as well. We didn't dwell on it, it had no impact on the game...... back to Pork and Beans - for someone as intelligent as you, I amazes me the crap that comes out of your mouth. I think it's cause you punked out and QUIT in the 8th grade.

3afan
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
he does not know the rules either :D

lostaussie
10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Pork and Beans (Vankampen)- I amazes me the crap that comes out of your mouth. I think it's cause you punked out and QUIT in the 8th grade. 44 got it going on:D

Gobbla2001
10-22-2007, 12:18 PM
bleh... probably true about the officiating, sometimes things aren't seen...

as for VanKamper, I'll ditto 44...

briefcase
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all the comments. Good luck to Cuero the rest of the season.

DaHop72
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Pork and Beans (Vankampen)- you're an embarresment to Cuero fans everywhere........ I was there and will admit the Yoakum fans were correct in their assessment. I had supper with two Yoakum folks Saturday night and they agreed as well. We didn't dwell on it, it had no impact on the game...... back to Pork and Beans - for someone as intelligent as you, I amazes me the crap that comes out of your mouth. I think it's cause you punked out and QUIT in the 8th grade. Here 44, use this.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9057/chairshotub8.gifhttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9057/chairshotub8.gifhttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9057/chairshotub8.gifhttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9057/chairshotub8.gif

Maroon87
10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Pork and Beans (Vankampen)- you're an embarresment to Cuero fans everywhere........ I was there and will admit the Yoakum fans were correct in their assessment. I had supper with two Yoakum folks Saturday night and they agreed as well. We didn't dwell on it, it had no impact on the game...... back to Pork and Beans - for someone as intelligent as you, I amazes me the crap that comes out of your mouth. I think it's cause you punked out and QUIT in the 8th grade.

Daaaang.....:eek:

Old Green
10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Pork and Beans (Vankampen)- you're an embarresment to Cuero fans everywhere........ I was there and will admit the Yoakum fans were correct in their assessment. I had supper with two Yoakum folks Saturday night and they agreed as well. We didn't dwell on it, it had no impact on the game...... back to Pork and Beans - for someone as intelligent as you, I amazes me the crap that comes out of your mouth. I think it's cause you punked out and QUIT in the 8th grade. What she "SAID":cheerl: :clap: :thumbsup:

Old Green
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
i heard that too. something about #22 for cuero hitting the qb after the ref blew the whistle and the qb was just walking to the ref to hand him the ball and the qb got laid out and the ref just looked at him and didnt throw a flag. i also heard a certain rb from cuero was showboating the whole game. the yoakum fans said he was good but he was a punk and wondered what the deal was with coach reeve letting his players act like that You're very close my friend with your choice words. :dispntd:
Maybe if you and your little cronies hadn't have been behind the stands, you wouldn't have heard but seen for yourselves what went on. Bad calls on both sides.

briefcase
10-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
You're very close my friend with your choice words. :dispntd:
Maybe if you and your little cronies hadn't have been behind the stands, you wouldn't have heard but seen for yourselves what went on. Bad calls on both sides.

Could you elaborate more on the bad calls against Cuero? I wasn't there I only heard one side, but I can certainly believe that there was some bad calls both ways. Usually like that somewhat every game.

bd62
10-22-2007, 01:27 PM
This is the most explosive Cuero team i have seen in a long time . I can see why they have been scoring 40 plus in most of there games. Yoakum played harder than they have all year but the talent and speed that Cuero has really was great. They are well coached and play really well as a team. Talent.speed, well coached, and team play will take them a long way this year.
What Yoakum needs to do for the rest of year is play with the passion they showed against Cuero. Being young is no longer an excuse. You can not just go thru the motions like they did against Smithville and expect to win another game this year.
There was a late hit on our Q.B. that the ref. did not call. i am just thankfull that he did not get hurt on that play. We had a player kicked out of the game for something he did after Cuero scored to make it 21-0. Have to play smarter because he is a good defensive player.

briefcase
10-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks bd.

crabman
10-22-2007, 10:53 PM
The ejected player hit Quincy in the head with his fist twice after they broke up after a block. He needed to be ejected. A little later in the game Quincy intercepted a pass and he was near the Yoakum sidelines. He popped up off the ground and gave it his best Hulk Hogan imitation with his hand up to his ear. No place for that crap either.

On the hit on the quarterback, Reeve called timeout at the snap of the ball and the line judge gave a horrible tweet on his whistle. I think the wide receiver and defensive back were the only two who heard it. Every other player played out the play. Markert delivered the pass and was hit by #49 just as he released it. He was tatooed pretty good. After the play, I was trying to figure out what happened and I finally figured out that we had called timeout.

The refs did not have very good control of the game. They took forever to blow the 25 second clock. Cuero has a couple of plays they run with unbalanced lines with only a guard to one side of the center. Very confusing for defenses. Reeve meets with the refs before the game and draws the plays out for them and shows them that they are legal and we have the right number of guys on the line. The refs missed two of these calls on Friday. We were flagged for illegal procedure. When they were confronted about it, they just blew it off. We will not see those guys back again.

JT44
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
the refs affected the flow of that game, you could've got a snack during their "meetings"

I was surprised by Q's little hand to the ear thing

Highschoolfan78
10-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by JT44
the refs affected the flow of that game, you could've got a snack during their "meetings"

I'm sure Coach Reeve told him something too.. Crabman is right.. there's no place for that on the field either..

gobblerfan02
10-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by JT44

Surprised?...the sad thing is I wasn't surprised in the least, you just have to know the type of person Quincy is! Just goes to show that talent doesn't always come with proper sportsmanship, which usually the cuero teams display with a passion!