PDA

View Full Version : Tired of hearing a one-man show in G-town...

bufflongago
10-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I have had about enough of people ripping on Giddings and thier offensive stategies...yes the team is known to run the ball almost 99% of the time...but why change what works...Giddings is a smashmouth football team and is going to run it down your throat time and time again and just when you think they are through...they line up again and make sure you get another dose of the good stuff...Just because they aren't putting up the 43 pts. average a game they had last year doesn' t mean the offense is not effective...they control the clock and momentum and keep the defense tired and on thier heels...so what if teams line up 11 in the box...Giddings has never been known to back down from a challenge...so if you want to talk mess about how Giddings one man shows it then take a look at all the players that are actually involved in a play...linemen, tight ends, recievers, fullbacks, running backs...its a zone offense and uses reads to make decisions...based on what is seen...that is what decides who gets the ball and who doesn't...quit talking mess...i've heard it for 2 years now and i just got tired of it...

Emerson1
10-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Nothing wrong with a 1 man show, it is 3a

But still a crappy 2nd post

CHS_CG
10-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by bufflongago
I have had about enough of people ripping on Giddings and thier offensive stategies...yes the team is known to run the ball almost 99% of the time...but why change what works...Giddings is a smashmouth football team and is going to run it down your throat time and time again and just when you think they are through...they line up again and make sure you get another dose of the good stuff...Just because they aren't putting up the 43 pts. average a game they had last year doesn' t mean the offense is not effective...they control the clock and momentum and keep the defense tired and on thier heels...so what if teams line up 11 in the box...Giddings has never been known to back down from a challenge...so if you want to talk mess about how Giddings one man shows it then take a look at all the players that are actually involved in a play...linemen, tight ends, recievers, fullbacks, running backs...its a zone offense and uses reads to make decisions...based on what is seen...that is what decides who gets the ball and who doesn't...quit talking mess...i've heard it for 2 years now and i just got tired of it...

do i hear some:bigcry: over something you have no control over...people are gunna have opinions dude... get over it. Its a message board for crying out loud... why let it get to you?

IHStangFan
10-21-2007, 10:45 PM
WOW! Lighten up Francis.....and welcome to the site.

sweetwater07
10-21-2007, 10:50 PM

:thinking: :thinking: :bigcry: :rolleyes:

HippoBaseball05
10-21-2007, 10:55 PM
See: 2006 playoff game vs. LH

rundoe
10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
yup

Old Tiger
10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
The Giddings Fitzhenry's!!!

Go Brock Buffaloes!

buff4life
10-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Go Brock Buffaloes!

Casey shut ur mouth if you want nachos!!!

zebrablue2
10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Casey shut ur mouth if you want nachos!!!

with cheese.

Old Tiger
10-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Casey shut ur mouth if you want nachos!!! :thinking: *shuts mouth*

extra jalapenos please

sweetwater07
10-22-2007, 12:25 AM

Go Brock Buffaloes!

:D :clap:

ILS1
10-22-2007, 03:11 AM
I will admit Brock is pitching the ball more than in the past years.

Past years Brock was 99% of the offense. This year he's only about 90% of the offense!!!!

:D :D :D

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
I will admit Brock is pitching the ball more than in the past years.

Past years Brock was 99% of the offense. This year he's only about 90% of the offense!!!!

:D :D :D Similar to the Jeremy Hippos :D

Darren
10-22-2007, 07:25 AM
I will admitt that fans in Giddings get frustrated when we don't throw the ball as well. We have the athletes if we can get the ball to them...

But we have had a great team the past 2 years and much of that (but not all of it) is because of Brock and is Dad. Who knows how good we could be if we were to pass the ball.

I'm not a coach....... I'm sure that coach fitz knows what he is doing.. (lets hope)

Lets just let the Buffs take care of business and not get upset so easily.

gtownfan
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I will admitt that fans in Giddings get frustrated when we don't throw the ball as well. We have the athletes if we can get the ball to them...

But we have had a great team the past 2 years and much of that (but not all of it) is because of Brock and is Dad. Who knows how good we could be if we were to pass the ball.

I'm not a coach....... I'm sure that coach fitz knows what he is doing.. (lets hope)

Lets just let the Buffs take care of business and not get upset so easily.

I agree Darren! You have to adapt your game plan/offense to what talent you have and also the opponent.

The previous coach (he lasted one year) brought in the spread and we ended with a 3-8 record.

While this offense appears to many to be one demensional, it has proven successfull with a 30-4 record with a regional final and a quarter final appearance. So the coach and team must be doing something right. There are a lot of teams that would love to have that type of success over the past couple years.

Both playoff losses were to great teams - WOS and LH, so hats off to them!

So bufflongago, you just have to not let the critism and comments get under your skin and enjoy the success of the team!

gatordaze
10-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Celina loves a running team. When can we play?

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze

Hopefully in the playoffs.....:D

Dogman_1969
10-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze

You didn't have a lot of love for Liberty Hill last year. Be careful, you may just get what you asked for. Again........

gatordaze
10-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Gotta play someone. I prefer a running team against the 10-1 over a team that kills you with the slant!

buffalo2006
10-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Easy, Easy, don't be so hard on the beaver. People aren't going to be quite about the one man show until Brock has less than 5 carries and we still win a games. But seriously I really do hope that not passing hurts us again in the playoffs. But it is good to see Zach Berry out there again, weighing 260 lbs., what did you eat b/c you need to give some to the real O-line.

buff4ever
10-22-2007, 09:45 AM
I am not going to get into this thread much, but someone is still thinking that brock is 90% of the offense, when the stats that someone else posted on another thread or this one show that he is just over 50%. In a read offense that doesn't seem to unfair. I would think that any team in 3a probably has one player close to 50% or more of that teams offense.

With that being said, I do think that we should pass 5 or 6 or 10 times a game, it would open up the run even more.

Darren
10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I am not going to get into this thread much, but someone is still thinking that brock is 90% of the offense, when the stats that someone else posted on another thread or this one show that he is just over 50%. In a read offense that doesn't seem to unfair. I would think that any team in 3a probably has one player close to 50% or more of that teams offense.

With that being said, I do think that we should pass 5 or 6 or 10 times a game, it would open up the run even more.

Agreed..... Let Locke or Dock pass it if need be.... Just keep the Defense honest.

I think that we need about 3 or 4 completions a game if that takes 10 passes then so be it.

Why not split Brock out and let Locke throw it his way every now and then.... Isn't Brock supposed to be a WR at Texas?

charlesrixey
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
the problem with running the ball is that it makes you susceptible if your defense falls apart for a little bit and you fall behind by two touchdowns.

Liberty Hill was able to win a title with it last year, but they could have easily had those 31-27 and 48-44 games go in their favor and then lost in the playoffs.

Of course, i guess you could just simplify it down to 'defense'

LH had it when it needed it

is Giddings' defense good enough to win a state title if the offense scores only 21 points?

that's the real question, and one that should be partially answered when they play caldwell

buff4life
10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
You didn't have a lot of love for Liberty Hill last year. Be careful, you may just get what you asked for. Again........

well we prolly won't ever find out...because they're probably going DI...

wish we could have that rematch...

big daddy russ
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
the problem with running the ball is that it makes you susceptible if your defense falls apart for a little bit and you fall behind by two touchdowns.

Liberty Hill was able to win a title with it last year, but they could have easily had those 31-27 and 48-44 games go in their favor and then lost in the playoffs.

Of course, i guess you could just simplify it down to 'defense'

LH had it when it needed it

is Giddings' defense good enough to win a state title if the offense scores only 21 points?

that's the real question, and one that should be partially answered when they play caldwell
Great points all around, rixey, but you can say that about any team. A defense can fall apart even if the team has a balanced offense, and then the game falls on the shoulders of its offense.

I remember a few years back, Nebraska fans were crying for an offense that can pass the ball. Apparently, the option offense was outdated, so the fired Solich.

All they got out of the deal was Bill Callahan and a bunch of lower-tier bowls.

Dogman_1969
10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Great points all around, rixey, but you can say that about any team. A defense can fall apart even if the team has a balanced offense, and then the game falls on the shoulders of its offense.

I remember a few years back, Nebraska fans were crying for an offense that can pass the ball. Apparently, the option offense was outdated, so the fired Solich.

All they got out of the deal was Bill Callahan and a bunch of lower-tier bowls.

Great point!!!! I bet they would take Solich back along with the 8-9 wins he would have had instead of what they are getting now.

I sure wish the kid that transferred to Caldwell from Giddings this year could play Friday night. That would be interesting...

I think Giddings sure misses him both as one of their hardest running RB's on the dive as well as their best speed lineman on the defense. I wonder exactly what happened there......

Heard rumors he was tired of the One man show as well........

buff4life
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Great point!!!! I bet they would take Solich back along with the 8-9 wins he would have had instead of what they are getting now.

I sure wish the kid that transferred to Caldwell from Giddings this year could play Friday night. That would be interesting...

I think Giddings sure misses him both as one of their hardest running RB's on the dive as well as their best speed lineman on the defense. I wonder exactly what happened there......

Heard rumors he was tired of the One man show as well........

wow...your last two sentences are completely wrong...A he was a strong safety, and i'm not going to discuss why he moved from Giddings because his personal life doesn't need to be discussed here...

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 04:38 PM
After reading this thread I’m starting to understand the feathers I ruffled when I said stop Frizhenry and Caldwell will win. But come on guys, he carries the ball a little more than 50% of the time and keeps the ball about 2/3 of time when running the option. I know he’s reading the defense. But I bet you most defenses are keying the pitch man like glue. But Frizhenry is good enough that even while their keying him he still makes positive yards. His supporting cast Jenke carries the ball 26% of the time, Dock, Taylor and Brook have carried the ball 6% of the time. Giddings offense is one of the best offenses in the state, but there is no denying that Frizhenry is your playmaker. I don’t know why so many people keep trying to dispute this?

Declaimer: before I upset anyone….I’m not saying he is the only man on the team and he certainly wouldn’t be as good as he is without the rest of the guys on the team.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
After reading this thread I’m starting to understand the feathers I ruffled when I said stop Frizhenry and Caldwell will win. But come on guys, he carries the ball a little more than 50% of the time and keeps the ball about 2/3 of time when running the option. I know he’s reading the defense. But I bet you most defenses are keying the pitch man like glue. But Frizhenry is good enough that even while their keying him he still makes positive yards. His supporting cast Jenke carries the ball 26% of the time, Dock, Taylor and Brook have carried the ball 6% of the time. Giddings offense is one of the best offenses in the state, but there is no denying that Frizhenry is your playmaker. I don’t know why so many people keep trying to dispute this?

Declaimer: before I upset anyone….I’m not saying he is the only man on the team and he certainly wouldn’t be as good as he is without the rest of the guys on the team.

your last statement whether you said it or not, most people do and thats why people get so upset...when people say fitzhenry is a one man show that discredits all the other great players on the team...YES fitz is an outstanding player, but to say he is the whole team which most people either directly or indirectly do is unfair and ludicrous

UPanIN
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Your coach may be waiting until the playoffs for the passing to begin. If you can continue to win without it in dist just makes sense to wait and not give anyone a heads up. Just a guess but coaches don't like to show things if they don't have to.

Giddings running game is very good. Maybe someone has posted it but I would guess they are getting 4-6 yards a carry and when you only need 10 in 3 snaps that works out very well.

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Giddings Playbook: Fitzhenry Left, Fitzhenry Right, Fitzhenry up the middle. j/p

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
You make a good point. When you put it that way I certainly can see where your coming form.

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
You make a good point. When you put it that way I certainly can see where your coming form. thanks you too.

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
You make a good point. When you put it that way I certainly can see where your coming form.

Actually I was talking to Buff4life. He makes a good point.

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Actually I was talking to Buff4life. He makes a good point. I know I was just yanking your chain

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Gottcha yank away.

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Gottcha yank away. Whoa man I don't swing that way:p :hand:

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
So what your saying is you don't like girls....

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
So what your saying is you don't like girls.... Your a girl?

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
I’m all woman, surely you could tell.

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 05:04 PM
I’m all woman, surely you could tell. Never read any of your post until the one I said thanks to, lol.

mistanice
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I’m all woman, surely you could tell.

a/f/l?

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Your a girl?
Mwahahaha! :devil:

buff4life
10-22-2007, 05:29 PM

Actually I was talking to Buff4life. He makes a good point.

i'm glad we see eye to eye..lol...i take it you play basketball?

buff4life
10-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Giddings Playbook: Fitzhenry Left, Fitzhenry Right, Fitzhenry up the middle. j/p

Casey.......NACHOS??!!??!?!?

JR2004
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Giddings is a smashmouth football team and is going to run it down your throat time and time again and just when you think they are through...they line up again and make sure you get another dose of the good stuff...

MODOC will end the season for Giddings this season.

Haunta Yo
10-22-2007, 08:35 PM
... the team is known to run the ball almost 99% of the time...but why change what works...

In small town high school football, "balanced" offenses usually get you a "balanced" win-loss column.

It's hard to be good and balanced in 4 practice hours a week (8 hours split between Off/Def).

If you 2 platoon, balance gets easier because you can practice twice as long.

There are exceptions, but my comments are just HS reality checks for people whose football opinions are basically just repeating what they heard NCAA and NFL commentators say.

I'm sure the San Diego Chargers players and fans are pleased since they are more balanced now than they have been over the past few years.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
MODOC will end the season for Giddings this season.

MODOC???

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
I think that he is referring to Waco La Vega

buff4life
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
alright...won't happen

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
alright...won't happen

I was at the playoff game last year and I will say that they did give us a good game....

buff4life
10-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I was at the playoff game last year and I will say that they did give us a good game....

yes they did correct...Giddings will be expecting that same intensity this year...

JR2004
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
alright...won't happen

MODOC vs. Celina for the state title this time around.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
i'm still lost what MODOC stands for...

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM

I asked a big La Vega fan that last year and he said that he didn't know....

So I can't help you there.

JR2004
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM

Some things are better left unknown.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Whatever lol...

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Some things are better left unknown.

So you don;t know either........

JR2004
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
So you don;t know either........

I've been told about what MODOC is by some Pirate fans a few years back. I had it on the tip of my tongue what it is, but I lost my train of thought. :doh:

I picked MODOC to win the region this year so I'll stand by it. No one in the entire state has the 1-2 punch at RB that they have.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
I've been told about what MODOC is by some Pirate fans a few years back. I had it on the tip of my tongue what it is, but I lost my train of thought. :doh:

I picked MODOC to win the region this year so I'll stand by it. No one in the entire state has the 1-2 punch at RB that they have.

don't tell that to Caldwell...

Brock and Dock are close...

JR2004
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I really should remember this. I did five Gatesville-LaVega broadcasts back when I did Gatesville games from 00-04...This'll bug me until I remember what it is. :mad:

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:45 PM

I seem to recall that they had a real young line last year...(am I making that up??) I remember telling a couple of buddies at the playoff game last year that La Vega was going to be tough to beat in the next couple of years...

JR2004
10-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I seem to recall that they had a real young line last year...(am I making that up??) I remember telling a couple of buddies at the playoff game last year that La Vega was going to be tough to beat in the next couple of years...

I believe they did have a young line last year.

They're extremely tough to beat because they play a bruising style of football on both sides of the ball. That's been and will be a staple of LaVega football as long as Willie Williams is around. I remember they had a LB named David Rhodes that personally sent three Gatesville players off the field in an ambulance (Two in 2001 and one more in 2003)...None were dirty hits, he was just that physical. I believe two had concussions and the other broke his collarbone. Sure was glad to see that kid graduate!

When they're good like they are now, they'll pretty much let you know what's coming. What they run can look so simple to stop, but so hard to actually accomplish when they have some really good athletes like they have right now.

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I believe they did have a young line last year.

They're extremely tough to beat because they play a bruising style of football on both sides of the ball. That's been and will be a staple of LaVega football as long as Willie Williams is around. I remember they had a LB named David Rhodes that personally sent three Gatesville players off the field in an ambulance (Two in 2001 and one more in 2003)...None were dirty hits, he was just that physical. I believe two had concussions and the other broke his collarbone. Sure was glad to see that kid graduate!

When they're good like they are now, they'll pretty much let you know what's coming. What they run can look so simple to stop, but so hard to actually accomplish when they have some really good athletes like they have right now.

Well if we do meet again I hope we can beat them again this year but I sure it will be a good game again..

JR2004
10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Well if we do meet again I hope we can beat them again this year but I sure it will be a good game again..

I'd assume it'll be a good game. Might not last more than 2 hours, but it'll be fun to watch for folks who enjoy watching a couple of throwback teams.

Stownhorse
10-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Coming from a team that the running game is 99% of their offense I know their luck will run out. You cant be one-dimentional.

Darren
10-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Coming from a team that the running game is 99% of their offense I know their luck will run out. You cant be one-dimentional.

So far I can argue with you...... But I hope we can prove you wrong..

Stownhorse
10-22-2007, 10:26 PM
So far I can argue with you...... But I hope we can prove you wrong..

good luck

Panther One
10-22-2007, 10:59 PM
To be honest with you, after what La Vega did to Cameron last year in the playoffs and after watching their game with Giddings, I was happier to be playing Giddings. You can call me crazy or say I'm full of it, but I thought we matched up with Giddings' offense better than La Vega's. Of all the teams in Region III this year, LV was the one I was most concerned about meeting up with in the playoffs. With the Parr brothers back, they've got things rolling again. Since it looks like we'll be DI, we won't have to face them, so I have no problems picking them to win Region III in Div II, even if it means going through Giddings and Caldwell.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 11:02 PM

and in the last three seasons, winning has been 99% of the outcomes of our games also :D :D

i would put money sweetwater couldn't stop it...

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Say, I have heard that Giddings is a one man show. Does anybody have an opinion on that?

lakers
10-22-2007, 11:13 PM
and in the last three seasons, winning has been 99% of the outcomes of our games also :D :D

that is a mighty tall order there buddy...:p

buff4life
10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by lakers
that is a mighty tall order there buddy...:p

ok. so 30-4 in the last three season might not equal 99% but you get my point...

orangeblood
10-22-2007, 11:14 PM

See X. Canto & F. Sims, I think no quote, Canto leads region 3 in yards per carry.

Stownhorse
10-22-2007, 11:18 PM

and 99% of the teams yall play are BOGUS

And Sweetwater probably could stop Giddings is we got the chance....Im not one to brag but our D cooridinator is BA.

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 11:23 PM

And Sweetwater probably could stop Giddings is we got the chance....Im not one to brag but our D cooridinator is BA. lol....idiotic. Sweetwater couldn't sniff Giddings jock.

Panther One
10-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
See X. Canto & F. Sims, I think no quote, Canto leads region 3 in yards per carry.
At 12.69 yards per carry, I think Canto might be tops. Gonzales from LH is averaging 11.29 yards per carry, which might be second.

State_In_08
10-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Face it, Giddings is a one man show as long as they keep Dock out of the offensive game like they did against Navasota. I don't see why they wouldn't give Dock around 10-15 carries a game. They could also be so much better if they forced teams to keep it honest by passing the ball 5-10 times a game. Fitzhenry can throw a little too... I saw it on about the 3rd play of the game in the 2006 Giddings-Navasota game when we stacked about 9 in the box and they beat us over the top for about a 40 yard TD pass in which Fitzhenry hit his reciever perfectly.

Stownhorse
10-23-2007, 12:47 AM
lol....idiotic. Sweetwater couldn't sniff Giddings jock.

Oh that was a good one :clap: ....not.

Its your opinion dude....Im not saying we would beat yall but our D could hang, our offense is another story.

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Oh that was a good one :clap: ....not.

Its your opinion dude....Im not saying we would beat yall but our D could hang, our offense is another story. Sweetwater is a shoe shine boy to Giddings....just poking fun with you stownhorse

buff4ever
10-23-2007, 07:41 AM
GO BLUE isn't a buffalo fan or from giddings, his thinking you can't hang with the buffs is not a homer pick like you thinking you can.;) ;) :) JK

JR2004
10-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood

I'm sticking with the 1-2 combo they have in Bellmead as the best in the state.

buff4life
10-23-2007, 11:11 AM

And Sweetwater probably could stop Giddings is we got the chance....Im not one to brag but our D cooridinator is BA.

o yeah, the region I teams yall play are AWESOME, let me tell ya...

we play WAY better teams, yall wouldn't even make the playoffs in out district

mule skinner
10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
say what you want sweetwater best 3a football in the state is within 100 miles of Austin TX

lhpantherdad
11-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Whether or not "it works", it's just dumb to risk your star player on things like a kickoff return as a blocker (where Fitzhenry got hurt). I'm not saying it cost them a playoff game last year....it didn't. Giddings performed BETTER last year, against Liberty Hill, AFTER Fitzhenry was out of the game with the injury. No brag...just facts. Giddings was down 28-0 when he was sidelined in the 3rd quarter. So in regard to there being more that just a one-man show, I agree. Obviously, there are other players on Giddings team who can and do have talent. But I agree with the other posters who are sick of hearing about them being robbed of the state championship last year because of a poor coaching decision.