PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota High School Football

Antec
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I have a friend in Northern Minnesota who son's plays football -
Virginia which is a city of 10,000

He's my computer tech and has built me computers

They play an 8 game season and every team makes the playoffs.

Their first playoff game is Tuesday=so teams can play any day of the week

Most of their stadiums only have stands on one side.

Each team in there division has own webpage with schedules and scores and rosters

http://www.minnesotasportsonline.com/teamschedule.php?yid=0708&sport=104&tid=1592&sid=1230429

burnet44
10-21-2007, 10:03 PM
yuck

zebrablue2
10-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
yuck

yuck-yuck.

Old Tiger
10-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Could you please close this thread they are making fun of kids who are playing with heart and passion in Minnesota. Just because they don't play like we do here.

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
I was reading the thread on Minnesota and saw they said that every team made the state playoffs.

I thought that was really gay, but when you think about it Texas 3A could do the same thing if they added on week to the playoffs.

Start district play one week earlier and the district teams battle it out for the district championship.

Then following district play, every team could enter the state tournament brackets. D1 could have 64 teams and D2 could take 128. Well there would be a few first week Byes, but most teams would still play.

Why do we eliminate any team from the 3A State tournament brackets?

What Minnesota is doing really does not seem that dumb.

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 10:23 AM
ttt

3afan
10-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I thought that was really gay,

saying that is really gay, IMO :cool:

so a state does it different from TX, so what?

in Virgnia you can win your district and not make the playoffs, teams get in based on rankings ...

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
If you read the entire message you will see that was just my initial opinion.

Texas 3A could do the same thing easily. It is not that dumb or gay.

I fail to see why any Texas 3A team is eliminated from the tournament.

Global Swarming
10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
If every team get's in then the regular season wouldn't mean anything. You just penalize the teams that really deserve to be there and let non-deserving teams to get in. That's not very fair. People up north don't embrace football like we do down here. I guess that's their way of drumming up interest and well as making money.

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
If every team get's in then the regular season wouldn't mean anything. You just penalize the teams that really deserve to be there and let non-deserving teams to get in. That's not very fair. People up north don't embrace football like we do down here. I guess that's their way of drumming up interest and well as making money.
The District Championship would still mean something. Actually, it would probably mean more.

If you want the regular season to mean something, then only the District Champions should be allowed into the State Tournament.

But if you really think about it, the State Championship brackets are an entirely different method from the District championship.

Why not just let all the teams in? Not really likely, but a weak starter in District, could actually finish strong in the State Championship.

block&tackle
10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
The UIL has their calculators out, studying your current proposal. $$$

big daddy russ
10-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
A lot of it has to do with geography. They don't get the chance to play a full 10-game season like we do because of the weather in Minnesota.

I think Minnesota is one of the states that plays a total of 12 weeks (don't quote me on that... haven't seen that info in a long time), so their season ends in November. Considering nighttime temperatures drop well below zero during December, it's what works best for Minnesota.