PDA

View Full Version : SEC refs

VanKampen
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
those guys make up more rules than the ncaa. pass interference is a spot foul and then sometimes 15 yards. defensive holding is 10 yards. offensive pass interference is 15 yards. and now you can overturn a penalty via replay when you're looking to see if a player actually scored a td.

3afan
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
pass interference is a spot foul and then sometimes 15 yards. ...

thats absolutely correct ... if the infraction happened 15 yards or less from the line of scrimmage its a spot foul, 16+ and its a 15 yard penalty

defensive holding is 10 yards. offensive pass interference is 15 yards.

those also are correct, same way for high school

chances are they got the replay right too ...

mwynn05
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
i love when people who dont know the rules say stuff like this and expose them selves as ignorant

Snydertigersrul
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i love when people who dont know the rules say stuff like this and expose them selves as ignorant

SEC refs are among the best in college football. I agree with your point.

VAMike
10-21-2007, 09:48 PM
those guys make up more rules than the ncaa. pass interference is a spot foul and then sometimes 15 yards. defensive holding is 10 yards. offensive pass interference is 15 yards. and now you can overturn a penalty via replay when you're looking to see if a player actually scored a td.

I guess you have pretty much forfeited your right to gripe about officiating haven't you? ;)

burnet44
10-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
I guess you have pretty much forfeited your right to gripe about officiating haven't you? ;)

no kidding

VanKampen
10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
not really. im sorry i havent watched a game where the rule was explained to me. im not obsessed with college football so im not going to look up the rules. i dont really even care for college football. they dont have playoffs so every national champion is a fluke. the times i do watch it is just so i can see who is good and who i can look forward to watching in the nfl. i wonder how many people actually knew the rules and how many are just now pretending.

burnet44
10-21-2007, 10:45 PM
im not going to look up the rules. i dont really even care for college football. i wonder how many people actually knew the rules and how many are just now pretending.

look it up

VanKampen
10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
look it up
nah its ok. if i watched the game and saw more pass interference calls i would catch on. i just watch the NFL so im used to their rules. and like i said, i watch college just to see who is good. people who dont like the NFL are basically saying they dont like watching the best college football players in the country which is dumb. some people say they dont like because the players beg for me but at the end of the day, they always out perform the college teams.

mwynn05
10-22-2007, 01:47 AM
your reasoning for being wrong is almost as bad as your complaints

VAMike
10-22-2007, 05:01 AM
The assumption is that you are a HS football fan or else why would you even be here. And if you are a fan of TEXAS HS football, you should know the NCAA rules as that is what are used there. I hope you are not sitting in the bleachers screaming at refs using your beloved NFL rules as your reasoning.

zebrablue2
10-22-2007, 07:23 AM
call em like you see em, right mike.

JR2004
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Few things are funnier than watching those striped shirt people circle the wagons. It's like watching folks argue about who won halftime.

Starting the day with a good laugh is great!

3afan
10-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Few things are funnier than watching those striped shirt people circle the wagons. It's like watching folks argue about who won halftime.

Starting the day with a good laugh is great!

:confused: