PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard Shows in DFW

Matthew328
10-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Man I still wish we had the TSRN scoreboard show here in DFW...I love hearing all the state scores on my way home from games

Here are the options for the DFW HS Football Fan

103.3FM: Friday Night Gladiators
They do a good job with the scores from all of DFW (their scoreboard guy is pretty good) but the hosts SUCK...there is no bigger beating than listening to the two guys have just crappy interviews with coaches and players..they sound like they have zero prep work because its the same generic questions every week..

1. What kind of offense/defense do you run?

2. If you are a lineman, he'll say "I love watching the lineman, I'm an old line coach you guys in the trenches look real good et al"

3. If you are a QB he always asks whats it like being big man on campus

gag me

92.1FM: Besides being huge Aledo homers they do a pretty good job...lots of scores that come in quick but they are only Fort Worth area scores....

990AM: This is the new sports radio station in the Plano/Garland area etc...they also have a recap on Saturday that comes on...scores aren't bad but mainly its Dallas area 5A based and a little 4A...no small school stuff...

so I guess if you listen to all 3 you can get what you need..I'll normally listen to 103.3 until the hosts come on and its an instant tune out...

JR2004
10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
TSRN was pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about them was the guy who bagged on Freddie James. If I was a betting man I'd bet my bottom dollar he'd never talk about him like that to his face.

Old Green
10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
TSRN are they even still broadcasting the scores anywhere? I haven't been able to find them on any station around here this year.

I listen to Jay Tope with SaSports on 990 am for San Antonio area scores from 11:00pm to 12:00 am.

He's pretty good with his interviews.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
TSRN are they even still broadcasting the scores anywhere? I haven't been able to find them on any station around here this year.

I dunno, we could only pick it up on 104.7 but that station has gone under, so I'm not sure about TSRN...

I really enjoyed listening to their previews before our game would go on and then the show afterwards...

Old Green
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I dunno, we could only pick it up on 104.7 but that station has gone under, so I'm not sure about TSRN...

I really enjoyed listening to their previews before our game would go on and then the show afterwards... Years back you could pickup TSRN on a number of stations. When one station faded out, just turn the dial and find it again on another.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
When one station faded out, just turn the dial

sounds like me and beer... when one starts tasting funny I just open another...

Old Green
10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
sounds like me and beer... when one starts tasting funny I just open another... :thumbsup: :D

3afan
10-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

103.3FM: Friday Night Gladiators

thats show is awful - they only tell scores every 20-30 minutes .. the rest is jibberish

GreenMonster
10-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Rob Clensay, the host of Friday Night Gladiators, is a former coach. He is a Lucky Gamble disciple and his personal views on ethics are right on the same plane as the Luckster. He spent 2 years in IP as the AD and head football coach. I honestly didn't know how truly awful the situation was at IPHS until Weldon Nelms arrived and started turning the situation around. Clensay subjected us to mental and physical abuse on a daily basis and treated us worse than you would treat a stray dog that is attacking your child. I have nothing nice to say about the man and if I were to run into him in the street somewhere I'd just pretend he didn't exist just like I try to pretend the 2 years of time I spent playing for him didn't exist.

Matthew328
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
if Friday Night Gladiators had scores more often instead of the crap interviews it would be better...but yes that Rob Clansay dude is TERRIBLE

Matthew328
10-21-2007, 09:22 PM
I know last year the TSRN radio show was on ESPN Radio in Waco..I listened to it on my way home from Waco-Trinity at Waco ISD last year

Old Green
10-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I know last year the TSRN radio show was on ESPN Radio in Waco..I listened to it on my way home from Waco-Trinity at Waco ISD last year What the station number on the dial?

Matthew328
10-21-2007, 09:26 PM
1660 AM I think

c-town_balla
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
I know 98.5 KRXT out of rockdale has it on....

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 10:24 AM
if Friday Night Gladiators had scores more often instead of the crap interviews it would be better...but yes that Rob Clansay dude is TERRIBLE

he makes life living hell for everybody involved in the show...I did what I could with it last year, but I know that I totally sucked it up on more than one occassion...it's hard to maintain composure and get scores right when you have someone cussing you out every break and trying to rely on callers to give scores....I can't tell you how many times people would call into the station and we'd have about 4 different scores for the same game...

Matthew328
10-22-2007, 06:52 PM
That is one tough part I imagine is trying to figure out which scores are legit....

next time

just go to texasprepinsider.com

LOL