PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there know Dave Avery, TX Country DJ up in Dallas?

big daddy russ
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I know it's a long shot, but I figured some of you Texas Country fans up in Dallas might know him. Been trying to get in touch with him for about a week now. Hasn't emailed me back and when I checked out his Myspace page, it said he hadn't logged in since March.

Last I heard he was the morning DJ at The Range up in Dallas. Anyone know if he's still there?

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I know it's a long shot, but I figured some of you Texas Country fans up in Dallas might know him. Been trying to get in touch with him for about a week now. Hasn't emailed me back and when I checked out his Myspace page, it said he hadn't logged in since March.

Last I heard he was the morning DJ at The Range up in Dallas. Anyone know if he's still there?

don't how to say this, but I believe he is the DJ that passed... maybe it was in March but I'm pretty sure I remember reading it through bulletins on my myspace back then...

burnet44
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
"Metro Broadcasters, Inc., parent company of KHYI-FM, 95.3 The Range, and KXEZ-FM, 92.1 The Possum, is saddened to announce the untimely passing of Range morning show personality, Dave Avery. Dave had been on air at the Range since January 1st of 2007 and, although he was a part of the Range staff for only a short time, he will be deeply missed.

Dave began his broadcast career at KSAU-FM while attending Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX. After obtaining a Communications degree, he continued his Radio career at a variety of stations across Texas including KHMX-FM/Houston, KTXN-FM/Victoria, KBSO-FM/Corpus Christi, and KHTZ-FM/Bryan-College Station.

Dave was an enthusiastic fan of Texas music, championing the artists and format throughout his career. His passion for Texas performers and their music will not soon be forgotten.

The staff of KHYI-FM, 95.3 The Range, and Metro Broadcasters sincerely regrets the loss of our broadcast colleague. At this time details for a memorial service are pending."

Updated info: There will be a memorial for Dave at Love & War in Texas/Plano at 3 p.m. on Monday, March 12th.