PDA

View Full Version : Poor Paul Byrd

VanKampen
10-21-2007, 07:10 PM
unbelieveable. the SF media reports a story without gathering all the facts and now this guy gets his name in the paper and all over the tv for no reason. and they just said on FOX that MLB will be investigating the situation. this is just sad. the SF media should be sued and bud selig should just resign for even considering investigating this situation

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
it's freakin' stupid... the dude is in the biggest game of his career maybe and they put this crap out there...

IT'S GARBAGE... AND THE EDITOR WHO PUT IT OUT IS GARBAGE...
COME AFTER ME, I'M 24!

makes me wanna puke...

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Uhmmmm....who is this guy and what did he allegedly do?

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 07:30 PM
he purchased some of that HGH stuff a while back... it's banned my the MLB but he had purchased it before the ban...

basically just crap that didn't need a write-up...

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Okay, gotcha! And thanks.... :)

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 07:34 PM
--

Byrd responded to the report in a press conference before Game 7 of the American League Championship Series.

"I have never taken any hormone or any drug that hasn't been prescribed to me from a doctor," Byrd said of his HGH purchases. "That is the key to this, I have a reputation. I speak at a lot of places. I speak to kids, I speak to churches and I don't want people to think I cheated. It's very important to me to make people understand that."

--

full story: http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/mlb/news/AAN4108764.htm

I can understand if he had it stock piled and continued using it after the ban, but without knowing that why in the hell write about it?

Kudos for this great and timely article :rolleyes: