PDA

View Full Version : Districts 21-AAA and 22-AAA

the-O-fence
09-29-2003, 09:09 PM
What are some good matchups this week in these districts?

bhillfan
09-29-2003, 09:30 PM
i wouldnt call it good because im not sure how strong cleveland is but BH plays them, and not sure but i think anahuac plays h-f which might turn out to be a good game

the-O-fence
09-29-2003, 11:24 PM
The Anahuac vs HF should be a good game to compare Anahuac to BC. BC played a good game against them and i think that Anahuac will do the same. Cleaveland put a beating on Coldspring but I think BH is better than Coldspring so they should win this game if the defense plays to its capability. Who does Liberty play this week?

3ABirdMan
09-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Anahuac vs HF may be a good game, but be careful using it to match Anahuac to BC. HF got a cheap 7 off a freak airborn fumble eek! to go up early, after going 3 and out with about 3 yds offense on the first possesion. GIVEN the fumble, but put it on the ground, and there is no logic to think HF would have moved the ball and scored - They only had 1 good drive all night. ALSO, BC took a knee 3 times with about 1 1/2 minutes to go in the game from inside the HF 10. They finish the drive, and the score is 42-13.

SO, take away the fumble return for a TD, finish the last drive, and the score ends up 42-6. Plus there were quite a few Sophs getting some more time late.

Lots of IF's :cool: , but they are all very possible and plausable. So if you want to compare the Anahuac game, use BC's score of 42-6 to keep it real.

<small>[ September 29, 2003, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: 3ABirdMan ]</small>

the-O-fence
09-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey BirdMan how is HF defense this year, do they have any speed?

BH_146
09-30-2003, 12:08 PM
3ABirdMan,
Sorry, I can't follow your logic. If you only want to compare offensive touchdowns, then BC would have only ended up with 20 points. A much closer game than 42-6. That fact is that H-F gave the ball away 5 times and BC got points. Regardless of the fact that BC took one of them for 55 yards and a TD or kick 2 FGs,it is all part of the game. If H-F scored on BC once, logic says they could have done it again especially if they could have just held on to the ball rather than coughing it it up 5 times. For some people, that creates enough of a doubt that a better team would not have given the Cardinals so many opportunties.

So, I could see how someone might wonder what the final score might have been if the whole game had been played error free. Turnovers are part of the game though but they do leave us room to ponder, "What if" to those possible and plausible outcomes.

Old Cardinal
09-30-2003, 06:00 PM
To BH_146: I think BC took it very easy on H-F.. Landry carried 4 or 5 times and Gauthier 13 times. Tarver basically lets the Soph's and others carry the Offense in rushing...It could have been much worst, had BC chose to unleash their hosses, all the way. But why, when you desperately need to get some confidence going with a host of young kids, after just getting beat by a top 10 team. Tarver, pretty well plays them all on both Offense and Defense, in pre-Dist and easier Dist. games. He will have to sit tight on OF, because the have a good passing attack, and with a little luck can give you a good effort.

SoldierOfTroy
09-30-2003, 06:30 PM
for 22-3A:
cleveland fans want to think that the indians have regained their swagger, but I believe that the road to the district championship, the playoffs, and the respect of the rest of the district ultimately runs through mount belvieu. the eagles never seems to have to rebuild, but simply reload... but this could be a vulnerable eagles team with the departure of all-world RB perry carrington (enjoy PV), hardnosed fullback brian cummings, and field leader james northcutt. I think that a mature cleveland team will earn respect with a good showing against the hill. the cleveland fans will get quite a game... but unfortunately the hill will pull it away late with win that will look bigger on paper than it will in person. barbers hill by 14.

splendora has been the darkhorse all year, but a win against the trojans could throw them in the mix for 22-3A bragging rights and possibly a playoff berth. The young trojans will be aching to prove that the cleveland loss was a fluke and the ryan bradford and the attacking trojan d will be fired up. i look of hard hits in this one with tyrel davis, leodis sparks, and taurean lagway helping to get a stuggling trojans offense rolling. but the slow, patient, methodical play of splendora will be the difference. i see the 'spring losing a close one in a defensive battle with the young trojans gaining valuable experience. splendora by 7.

these games aren't really worth aknowleging... but i will just to be fair.... huffman over tarkington BIG. liberty, jeremy swift (103 yds per game, 4 td's), and that running game DESTROY the shepard pirates.

Old Cardinal
09-30-2003, 07:57 PM
I see it possibly, Barbers Hill, Cleveland and Splendora or H_H making the playoffs, this season. With Sheppard, Coldspring, Tarkington bringing up the rear...I go with BH to win the District, until they lose, in District.

BH_146
09-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Old Cardinal,
I, of course, was not at the BC-HF game. You on the other hand were in attendence and have made some viewpoints based on first hand knowledge. Those I have no reason to doubt. My point was that there were things that happened in the game which gives the appearance that the outcome could have been closer. I just don't think you can discount a defensive touchdown by one team while crediting the same for the other just to make the score seem greater. H-F could use the same logic of "what if" about their turnovers to try and say the score should have been closer. But I have not heard them say such. We are always looking for areas in which to compare teams. I think it enhances the interest of the upcoming game. These comparisons are then proven, disproven or continue to be arguable after the game is played. They of course have no bearing on the outcome of the game. Unless, that is, our comparison pans out to be correct and some how our indepth analysis was discovered by the head coach which gave the home team the edge they need to win the contest. (OOPS! Sorry, Walter Mitty just took over the keyboard.)

Cards, have a great game Friday night in Orangefield. As an alumni, I am confident that you are not playing the Anahuac game just yet.