PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! I can't believe I forgot this.....

Ranger Mom
10-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Friday night I walked into my dining room and noticed all 3 cats and both dogs were all in there acting VERY strange. I kept hearing a rasping noise and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It sounded like raspy breathing. I got down on my hands and knees and looked around. One of the cats was sitting there looking at a big dresser and another cat came out from underneath it. I kept hearing the noise and noticed the smallest kitten was under the table. He has had a cold and I figured out it was his breathing I was hearing, so I got the dogs and went to bed.

About 1:00 AM I heard my daughter-in-law scream for my son. I jumped up and ran in there. She was saying, "there's a rattlesnake under the table....it tried to bite me"!!! At that point the biggest cat attacked it, bit it and then tossed it, right into
Amanda's leg. When it hit the ground I realized it was a little bull snake, trying it's darndest to make us think he was rattlesnake.

I have no idea how the thing got in the house, but we put it outside and drug itself away.....poor little tyke, I hope he makes it!!!

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
haha....

lamo at ur sig RM

Nice....

and the whole snake thing is crazy

KTA
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
a good snake is a DEAD snake

Ranger Mom
10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by KTA
a good snake is a DEAD snake

Awww....it was just a scared little bull snake, they are harmless!!

KTA
10-21-2007, 03:45 PM
like I said a good snake is a dead snake........I HATE SNAKES!!!

HM33
10-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by KTA
like I said a good snake is a dead snake........I HATE SNAKES!!!

I'm with you. I hate em' I wish they would all just die.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Bullsnakes eat rats. We are surrounded by fields, those fields have rats.

I would much rather find a bullsnake in or around my house than a field rat!!:eek: :eek:

RedWhiteBlue
10-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Being from West Texas, I agree the bull snake is supposed to be the 'good snake' , but I don't care what kind of snake it is- it doesn't belong in the house!!!!!

Ranger Mom
10-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Being from West Texas, I agree the bull snake is supposed to be the 'good snake' , but I don't care what kind of snake it is- it doesn't belong in the house!!!!!

True...true!!

Which is why he was immediately put back outside. All I can figure is there was a window cracked in the dining room, I guess he slithered in there!!