PDA

View Full Version : WOW...this is hard

Ranger Mom
10-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Got word this morning that one of my 21 y/o son best friend was killed in a wreck late last night.

I didn't wanna call my son and tell him since he worked a 6 PM to 6 AM shift. He woke up and got it by text message from another friend.

I heard him outside talking to my husband, so I went out there and said, "I guess you heard??"

He broke down......what do you say to them besides, I'm sorry??

:( :(

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 01:51 PM
let 'em know you're there, don't smother him though... do something small but special for him, but no in a smothering way... make him some of his fav food or something but give him space... when I found out my sister was killed in a wreck I kinda just wanted to be alone and not bothered, yet I still wanted kinda words and someone to talk to when I was ready...

Ranger Mom
10-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
let 'em know you're there, don't smother him though... do something small but special for him, but no in a smothering way... make him some of his fav food or something but give him space... when I found out my sister was killed in a wreck I kinda just wanted to be alone and not bothered, yet I still wanted kinda words and someone to talk to when I was ready...

He left here to go to his "security blanket" (ex-girlfriend). I hugged him, told him I loved him, put your seatbelt on, don't speed and answer your phone when I call to check on you.

He just grinned and said "okay"!

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He left here to go to his "security blanket" (ex-girlfriend). I hugged him, told him I loved him, put your seatbelt on, don't speed and answer your phone when I call to check on you.

He just grinned and said "okay"!

yah, when I found out I did the whole break down thing, then left and went walking around at wal-mark and talked to my girlfriend on the phone for about two hours or so... she was very helpful...

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Wow, tough situation

pirate4state
10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
:(

not much you can do except hug 'em and give 'em space

when my dad died i wanted people around, but didn't really want anyone talking to me lol

everyone is different, but sometimes you being there is all they need.

CHS_CG
10-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I know how hard it is. I am sure yall remember me losing my best friend in high school to the same situation... I knew I wanted to be alone but I knew that it probably wasnt a good idea. As I told you earlier, this wont help right away but he can always think that Chase is up there looking out for him now. Let Chad know you are always there if he wants to talk, that you love him, and most of all he cant be angry at the fact Chase is no longer here. The way I look at it, if you arent angry about something God had in store, it will make you less likely to do something stupid, either purposely or not.

KTA
10-21-2007, 03:31 PM
that sucks:(

RedWhiteBlue
10-21-2007, 04:28 PM
RM- being a mom can be so hard, especially with boys........ girls are som dramatic and outwardly emotional that you know what they are feeling most of the time.....
Like said before, just let him know you are there for him and hug him (eventhough he may not hug back) and do what you have always done.
I will say a prayer that he finds some peace in he and his friend's memories.