PDA

View Full Version : Division I and II Projected Playoff Brackets

WOS87
10-21-2007, 03:47 AM
I realize that a lot of the districts are going to come down to final games in the final week before it's completely clear, but for this I tried to put the teams I thought most likely to make it given their records to date, and the schedule that remains

2007 3A Division I Projected Playoff Bracket

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/20073a1.gif

2007 3A Division II Projected Playoff Bracket

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/20073a2a.gif

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/20073a2b.gif

GWOOD
10-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks WOS87.

What a great game a first round matchup would be between Greenwood vs. Brownfield. A rematch of an earlier game in which Greenwood blocked the extra point to keep a 27-26 lead but a Brownfield player picked it up the loose ball and scored to give them the win, 28-27.

That would be a rematch for Greenwood of the "game that got away" and Brownfield would be out to prove "it was not a fluke".

GetRDoneStangs
10-21-2007, 09:09 AM
You have Breckenridge as the 3rd place team from D-7?????

WOW!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think your rational is we play them on the road????

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 09:14 AM
what?

Gilmer, RC, LH all in D-1

Oh lord

Will make 4 some great games

not to mention FW, Gonzales, Hondo, or Ingleside And many other good teams

VWG
10-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Argyle is my sleeper pick in Region 1. Harp can sling it around as good as any QB in the state.

R3Editor
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
:thinking: :thinking: Hmmm.....Shepherd as DII rep from District 22. Maybe I should rethink my pick for this week. Do you know something I dont, '87?

charlesrixey
10-21-2007, 10:23 AM
LH in div 1?

wow!

i hope not---i think celina would love another crack at them

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
LH in div 1?

wow!

so would Cuero :(

VERNONLION#1
10-21-2007, 10:33 AM
I think Hirschi will slip up on Burk. I see District 6-3a finish like this.
1. Graham(D1)
2. Vernon(D2)
3. Iowa Park(D2)

pirate4state
10-21-2007, 11:00 AM
LH in div 1?

wow!

pretty sure you won't get your chance ~~ where ya been? I think someone said something about Taylor having to win out and they still haven't played LH, but hey - stranger things have happened.

WOS87 - as usual - great work - thanks a bunch!!

I can start to make travel arrangements. :nerd:

Gsquared
10-21-2007, 11:24 AM
That looks like the way its shaping up, good job WOS

R3Editor
10-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
pretty sure you won't get your chance ~~ where ya been? I think someone said something about Taylor having to win out and they still haven't played LH, but hey - stranger things have happened.

WOS87 - as usual - great work - thanks a bunch!!

I can start to make travel arrangements. :nerd:
Hutto could put a wrinkle in things if they win their last two against Liberty Hill and Taylor. :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2007, 12:02 PM
LH in div 1?

wow!

It's not set yet, but it's a distinct possibility.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Looking like no Sinton football in the post season so the Cuero vs Orange Grove looks like a good game .

ILS1
10-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
Hutto could put a wrinkle in things if they win their last two against Liberty Hill and Taylor. :thinking:

Not gonna happen. They will win 1 out of 2. It won't be against LH!!!

:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
10-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Looking like no Sinton football in the post season so the Cuero vs Orange Grove looks like a good game . :confused: :confused: Cuero would KILL Orange Grove.

DU_stud04
10-21-2007, 01:09 PM
d1 looks fun just because of to possible games, and if they dont happen ill be upset..... royse city and gilmer is the first one that comes up and that isnt till 3 week....the second on is rc/gilmer v liberty hill. if that game happens i defiantly will be there for the state game.

pirate4state
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
d1 looks fun just because of to possible games, and if they dont happen ill be upset..... royse city and gilmer is the first one that comes up and that isnt till 3 week....the second on is rc/gilmer v liberty hill. if that game happens i defiantly will be there for the state game.

roger that :splash:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2007, 01:13 PM
:confused: :confused: Cuero would KILL Orange Grove. Every team that plays OG look like they can kill OG. OG team looks small but they dont play like that. They are pesky.

WOS87
10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
:thinking: :thinking: Hmmm.....Shepherd as DII rep from District 22. Maybe I should rethink my pick for this week. Do you know something I dont, '87?

Shepherd may be 1-6 but have you seen the teams they've lost to? The 6 teams have a combined 35-7 record. Probably one of the highest strength of schedule ratings in the state...

East Chambers 7-0
Diboll 7-0
Crockett 6-1
Woodville 6-1
Corrigan-Camden 5-2
Coldspring 4-3

The other teams in the running for the 3rd spot...

Tarkington 0-7 (0-2) ... already lost to Shepherd
Cleveland 1-6 (1-1) ... upset Liberty on Friday for their 1st win
Liberty 2-5 (0-2)... would have been the favorite until Cleveland beat them.

I'm predicting the winner of Liberty - Shepherd in week 10 gets the 3rd spot, and I gave Shepherd the nod for the reasons above.

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Shepherd may be 1-6 but have you seen the teams they've lost to? The 6 teams have a combined 35-7 record. Probably one of the highest strength of schedule ratings in the state...

East Chambers 7-0
Diboll 7-0
Crockett 6-1
Woodville 6-1
Corrigan-Camden 5-2
Coldspring 4-3

I'm predicting the winner of Liberty - Shepherd in week 10 gets the 3rd spot, and I gave Shepherd the nod for the reasons above. Nice...

That's one hell of a schedule.

Who did they beat and by what score?

WOS87
10-21-2007, 02:40 PM
They beat Tarkington 49-26

WOS87
10-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I ran across an interesting fact today...

Perryton has played 7 games this season so far and has yet to face another 3A team as an opponent....

I only discovered this because I was connecting all the 3A teams in the state (Degrees of Kevin Bacon style) from games played against each other and I kept coming up with 173 total teams over and over again, when I knew there was supposed to be 174. It never dawned on me that there could be a team this late in the season who has yet to play even one 3A team.

buff4life
10-21-2007, 04:58 PM
the loser of the Caldwell Giddings game has a much easier road in the playoffs...

R3Editor
10-21-2007, 06:38 PM

East Chambers 7-0
Diboll 7-0
Crockett 6-1
Woodville 6-1
Corrigan-Camden 5-2
Coldspring 4-3

I'm predicting the winner of Liberty - Shepherd in week 10 gets the 3rd spot, and I gave Shepherd the nod for the reasons above.
Okay, I'm going out on a limb here and changed my pick. :)

duke55
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
the loser of the Caldwell Giddings game has a much easier road in the playoffs...

yes, but you never know about some of those teams ..

burnet44
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
District 2 sucks lol

WOS87
10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

LOL The same was said about the loser of the WO-S - Kirbyville game a few weeks ago.... :)

sotxrat
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE] Cuero would KILL Orange Grove.

I hope that OG is involved in this killing as you put it. However, it could be WO, as well, that would have to play Cuero, there is still some district football games left.

burnet44
10-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Robinson vs Rockdale round deaux
cool as long as we are in
need to beat China
Connally could beat China and still be out
3 way tie and lose on points
go figure

piratebg
10-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Looking like no Sinton football in the post season so the Cuero vs Orange Grove looks like a good game .

It's been a while since I've seen that happen. The team will get better with experience.

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by sotxrat

Cuero would KILL Orange Grove.

I hope that OG is involved in this killing as you put it. However, it could be WO, as well, that would have to play Cuero, there is still some district football games left. [/B]

True, if you guys beat WO - it'll be WO vs Cuero and that would be interesting to watch. I still think Cuero kills anyone coming out of our district. They just have too much speed, talent & size.

Nothing personal. I would say that inexperience at qb might hurt them, but that kid is on fire and I'm sure the LH and Bay City games were "playoff atmosphere" type situations for him so he'd be over that hump, so to speak. :D

LHPfactory
10-22-2007, 01:40 PM
I hope that OG is involved in this killing as you put it. However, it could be WO, as well, that would have to play Cuero, there is still some district football games left.

True, if you guys beat WO - it'll be WO vs Cuero and that would be interesting to watch. I still think Cuero kills anyone coming out of our district. They just have too much speed, talent & size.

Nothing personal. I would say that inexperience at qb might hurt them, but that kid is on fire and I'm sure the LH and Bay City games were "playoff atmosphere" type situations for him so he'd be over that hump, so to speak. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I dont know if Bay City is like they were in the 80's, but back in the day when I played em, the BlackCats were faaaaast. All over the field, I think they put the slow guys on the defensive line, they could only run like 4.6 40yard dashes. ;) :)

BossHog09
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
whitesboro 3rd place in district 9 ?? whitesboro still has to beat pilot point to get in. if not, then it will most likely be prosper

WOS87
10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by BossHog09
whitesboro 3rd place in district 9 ?? whitesboro still has to beat pilot point to get in. if not, then it will most likely be prosper

How will it be Prosper when Whitesboro already beat Prosper 3 weeks ago??

And Prosper beat Pilot Point.... so in theory, Whitesboro should be able to beat Pilot Point as well

charlesrixey
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
How will it be Prosper when Whitesboro already beat Prosper 3 weeks ago??

And Prosper beat Pilot Point.... so in theory, Whitesboro should be able to beat Pilot Point as well

agreed

Prosper beat Pilot Point by twenty and lost to wakeland by two and to whitesboro as well,

and there was a reason for that

i don't think Pilot Point beats Whitesboro, but also wouldn't be surprised

it would be a major ego hit to lose and miss the playoffs for the second time in more than two decades and allow whitesboro to win and make the post-season for the first time ever