PDA

View Full Version : Celina VA what a game for Seth....

BILLYFRED0000
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Seth Davis passed for 239 yards, all in the first half, and Celina totaled 675 yards of offense in defeating Van Alstyne.

Charley Waldrep rushed for 128 yards in the first half with touchdown runs of 69, 13 and 16 yards for Celina which held Van Alstyne to 46 rushing yards.

Now they did get one good pass play for about 50 yards too. But with all the sacks I am not sure about the totals.

Seth and the first team O did not play in the second. The d did come out for one series I think and that was it. Second team O and D complete for the rest of the game.

block&tackle
10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
The boys played well but the thing that I will remember for the rest of my life is "the hit". I didn't know that a helmut would come apart like that. Helmut flew 10 feet in the air, facemask shattered, ear piece landed 10 yards away....VA kid was ok (Thank God) but I'm guessing that he will be the only one in the stadium that will not remember that lick.

BILLYFRED0000
10-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah and that was the second time the kid got lit up. D'anton hit him hard on that slant. I was not sure the kid was going to get up from that one.

Gsquared
10-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah and that was the second time the kid got lit up. D'anton hit him hard on that slant. I was not sure the kid was going to get up from that one. Yall should be ashamed of your selves for beatin up on defensless VA :p They have been HORRIBLE since they moved up from 2A.

bobcat1
10-21-2007, 07:27 AM
G2, they moved up when we did, right? It was sad.

Punt return hit: It's not like we disguise the play. G2 you were at PP and saw 2 kids get lit up on one punt return only to see one of them remember at the last minute:eek: and check up on the next punt return. We do it on each and every punt return. Some kids get lit up twice. :doh: Their coaches have got to tell them it's coming. :D