PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW (Week 8): Needville @ West Columbia

R3Editor
10-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Needville at 2-2 in district vs WC at 3-1 in district - both teams vying for a playoff spot.

Discuss.......

Darren
10-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Seriously??? No Caldwell vs Giddings......

buff4ever
10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Okay, before I vote; someone give me the facts and storyline to this matchup. I want to know as much as possible about this game, so that I can type some messages this week. I flat refuse to type on the thread about the other great game this week in our region.

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Okay, before I vote; someone give me the facts and storyline to this matchup. I want to know as much as possible about this game, so that I can type some messages this week.
Just looking at the district page, both teams have a district loss to Columbus in OT. Needville's other loss was to Sealy by 3.

navscanmaster
10-21-2007, 07:12 AM
I think the necks will pull this one out. Might even need another overtime to do it. But even after this game, the playoff picture is still murky for district 24.

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Seriously??? No Caldwell vs Giddings...... Giddings had theirs last week against navasota when i told yall it should have been Columbus-Columbia(OT game)

But, now yall are left out

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Okay, before I vote; someone give me the facts and storyline to this matchup. I want to know as much as possible about this game, so that I can type some messages this week. I flat refuse to type on the thread about the other great game this week in our region. Needville (2-2) losses to Sealy and Columbus/OT

Columbia (3-1) loss to Columbus/OT

Needville has a stable of talent at the RB position and are big

Columbia= not as big, but their passing game is better than needville's and they MIGHT be faster..... i aint sure

Very Imp. game and the winner likely goes to the playoffs and loser most likely stays home... barring a meltdown from Sealy

Needville= underacheivers this season(2-2)

and nobody outside WC expected us to be (3-1) so......

If Columbia can play decent ffotball with minimal TO's then ill take em by 7....

If we turn it over, we will lose

I expect us to play well coming off a loss, so Necks by 7

zebrablue2
10-21-2007, 09:51 AM
WC has this game in their backyard. should be pumped. I will go with the neck's by 6. good luck.

carter08
10-21-2007, 09:53 AM
WC doesn't lose district games at home.

buff4ever
10-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I am going with west columbia guys by 14. Yall need to give me some player info, hype it up a little; this is suppose to be the game of the week and I will be spending a lot of time on this thread.

R3Editor
10-21-2007, 10:23 AM
For Needville, Thadeus Wilkerson should be toting the rock. I don't have current stats, but he had 839 yds as of a couple of games ago.

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I am going with west columbia guys by 14. Yall need to give me some player info, hype it up a little; this is suppose to be the game of the week and I will be spending a lot of time on this thread. I'll tell ya everything i know about Columbia

Soph Qb beginning to come into his own... (playing pretty well lately)

about 6 dif Rb's none with an adavntage over the others

Start 1 Fresh on the oline, 2 Juniors, 2 seniors with Mult. subs

Very Good WR's

D has played great in district, Columbus was the first time they had been exploited....( 2 Starting LB's didnt play)

Pass D is a lil shaky, but dont look 4 Needville to pass much

Special Teams is WAY better than it has been, and has actually helped us win games

so.... anything else?

pirate4state
10-21-2007, 11:09 AM
at the beginning of the year - you'd be crazy to pick against needville

with how this district has been this year - anything can happen!

playing on the road --- gonna be tough

i still think needville can pull it off and keep their playoff hopes alive :thumbsup:

needville by 3

maestro
10-21-2007, 05:08 PM
needville....

bobcat04
10-21-2007, 06:53 PM
This should be a great game! Wilkerson will be a tad too much. Needville by 1.

IHStangFan
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
This one is gonna be a good one!! Needville's D finally woke up this past week against Brookshire Royal and had several turnovers....mostly INTs. The D just looked like they were on a mission! The O looked alright, w/ a RB that was apparently brought up from JV (I'm guessing) that is blazing fast. SO...at RB you have Wilkerson, Hajek (spelling?), #5 (can't remember the kid's name) and this "new" kid #33 Grant. Needville's starting QB went out of the game last week w/ an injury, not sure how serious, but the 2nd stringer came in and did just fine. He is actually a bit more of a running threat than the 1st stringer it would appear. He's pretty fast. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what Needville's passing game looks like. I've only seen em throw it about 4 times. They usually only throw when absolutely necessary. This district is still wide open. I love the competition!! GO JAYS!! OH...I'll take the Jays by 7.

Darren
10-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I'll Go Needville by 14.

chugbug
10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
The Crow knows what the real answer is.:o :o :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Seriously??? No Caldwell vs Giddings......

Both Giddings and Caldwell are 7-0, You have two teams that will go deep in the play-offs, and more than likely meet up in the small division.This will be a big game in the state, Im surprised FSN did not pick this one as the DQ Game of the week?

buff4ever
10-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Needville, Needville, THEY DON'T HAVE A CHANCE.

and brookshire royal is horrible.

Crow22
10-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Needville, Needville, THEY DON'T HAVE A CHANCE.

and brookshire royal is horrible.

In this district, everybody has a chance. And to say Royal is horrible's completely inaccurate. They have improved every week. Granted, Columbus had some key players out but Royal throttled them 41-13. They have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs if they can upset Sealy. This district is still WIDE open.

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
This one is gonna be a good one!! Needville's D finally woke up this past week against Brookshire Royal and had several turnovers....mostly INTs. The D just looked like they were on a mission! The O looked alright, w/ a RB that was apparently brought up from JV (I'm guessing) that is blazing fast. SO...at RB you have Wilkerson, Hajek (spelling?), #5 (can't remember the kid's name) and this "new" kid #33 Grant. Needville's starting QB went out of the game last week w/ an injury, not sure how serious, but the 2nd stringer came in and did just fine. He is actually a bit more of a running threat than the 1st stringer it would appear. He's pretty fast. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what Needville's passing game looks like. I've only seen em throw it about 4 times. They usually only throw when absolutely necessary. This district is still wide open. I love the competition!! GO JAYS!! OH...I'll take the Jays by 7. It's (Hadjik) just so u would know, and i hadnt heard about this kid named grant?

anymore updates or info?

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Who wins?
You have already voted on this poll.
Needville 14 43.75%
West Columbia 18 56.25%
Total: 32 votes 100%

:eek:

scotty
10-22-2007, 06:57 PM
If Grant is #33 he looks very quick and fast. He played sparingly against Sealy, but when he did he looked real dangerous. Don't know much about Columbia other than their record, but still believe Needville is pretty good. Needville by 7.

IHStangFan
10-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by scotty
If Grant is #33 he looks very quick and fast. He played sparingly against Sealy, but when he did he looked real dangerous. Don't know much about Columbia other than their record, but still believe Needville is pretty good. Needville by 7. yup....Grant is #33 and he looks to be extremely fast and his very shifty as well. He looked real good against BR.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 09:06 PM
I fell sorry for whichever two teams have to play Giddings or Caldwell first round of the playoffs...looks like one and done...

IHStangFan
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I fell sorry for whichever two teams have to play Giddings or Caldwell first round of the playoffs...looks like one and done... confident or cocky? Either way if the D24 reps are overlooked they stand a good chance of pulling the upset in my opinion. :)

Bull19
10-22-2007, 10:23 PM
confident or cocky? Either way if the D24 reps are overlooked they stand a good chance of pulling the upset in my opinion. :)

you must be joking, all 3 teams outa d-24 will be one and done...except maybe c-town, they are the only team that stands a very slim chance

necks_c/09
10-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
you must be joking, all 3 teams outa d-24 will be one and done...except maybe c-town, they are the only team that stands a very slim chance wow, this was a dumb post

C-town stands a chance but the 2 teams that took em to OT dont stand a chance huh? theyre all 3 just about the same....

do some research b4 u post (lol, i know this is an ironic point)

IHStangFan
10-22-2007, 11:43 PM
you must be joking, all 3 teams outa d-24 will be one and done...except maybe c-town, they are the only team that stands a very slim chance you mean the same "c-town" that got absolutely destroyed by Brookshire Royal?.... no, I'm not joking :thumbsup:

State_In_08
10-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Region III GOTW should be Giddings vs. Caldwell. I don't care if Giddings was in the GOTW last week, that shouldn't matter. Anyways, I'll take Needville.

scotty
10-23-2007, 06:20 AM
No matter the predictions the thing that counts happens on Friday nights. Some teams get better as the year goes on and some go down hill. Injuries create a big factor. All you need to do is look at last year when Bellville won big over Columbia in their first meeting. The next time, in bi-district when Columbia had their players back, they turned the table on Bellville. On paper there isn't any doubt that the top teams in 23-3A are better than the ones in 24-3A, but who knows the outcome as I'm sure bigger upsets have taken place. If you remember the experts didn't give Columbus a chance when they went to Needville but what was the outcome? Just look at Rice Consolidated and all of the hype about winning it all after dropping from 3A to 2A. That didn't happen either as they didn't even win their district and got beaten in the second round of the playoffs. The Raiders have a quarterback committed to one of the big Florida schools, a big wide receiver that is a D1 prospect, and a running back that has already rushed for 1000 yards but Schulenburg beat them handily last week. The results that count happen on Friday nights, not here and isn't that great.

RattlerDude
10-23-2007, 01:05 PM
This game is between weak teams. For Giddings vs. Caldwell not to be the game of the week is really dumb. You have two sorry teams in Needville and West Columbia and you have #1 vs. #8 in Giddings and Caldwell. LOL. I'll take Caldwell in the real game of the week

IHStangFan
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
WOW...some of you D23 people are really stuck on yourselves.

Bull19
10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
WOW...some of you D23 people are really stuck on yourselves.

no its just d-24 is a very weak district. open your eyes and see the light

IHStangFan
10-23-2007, 01:14 PM
no its just d-24 is a very weak district. open your eyes and see the light :rolleyes:

RattlerDude
10-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I'll take needville just because West Columbia is not cool. That sounds right. Needville by 14.

themsu97
10-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I think I remember last year how d23 said that they were all powerful as well and way better than d 24... well scoreboard... Sweeny and Columbia advanced...

from what I am reading in other post, Caldwell is overrated anyway so how can that be game of the week...

been to Giddings, and they are a one man show, but he is that good... so...
get over yourselves...

Columbia and Needville will be the better game... Giddings will beat Caldwell by alot

neck_94
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
you must be joking, all 3 teams outa d-24 will be one and done...

So, what does 1 and done feel like Bull19?

RattlerDude
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
I think I remember last year how d23 said that they were all powerful as well and way better than d 24... well scoreboard... Sweeny and Columbia advanced...

from what I am reading in other post, Caldwell is overrated anyway so how can that be game of the week...

been to Giddings, and they are a one man show, but he is that good... so...
get over yourselves...

Columbia and Needville will be the better game... Giddings will beat Caldwell by alot

I want to see your school play that one man show and that overrated team and see what happens

necks_c/09
10-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
This game is between weak teams. For Giddings vs. Caldwell not to be the game of the week is really dumb. You have two sorry teams in Needville and West Columbia and you have #1 vs. #8 in Giddings and Caldwell. LOL. I'll take Caldwell in the real game of the week Get over it, just becuz u come on here and whine isnt gonna change anything.....

Yea and d23 did really well last year when they were all hyped up...:clap:

So, y dont yall go have a tea party on the giddings Caldwell thread while us people who care can post here....

and ur a D/A for the record, nobody is talkin mess about ur team...

So dont come on here talkin crap b/c ur ticked about not havin gotw...

I could really care less..... it aint that big of a deal

buff4ever
10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Take it easy guys. This is a great game, and I am starting to wonder if caldwell is worth gotw anyway. Those band wagon posters they have couldn't handle this. I still take WC

RattlerDude
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Get over it, just becuz u come on here and whine isnt gonna change anything.....

Yea and d23 did really well last year when they were all hyped up...:clap:

So, y dont yall go have a tea party on the giddings Caldwell thread while us people who care can post here....

and ur a D/A for the record, nobody is talkin mess about ur team...

So dont come on here talkin crap b/c ur ticked about not havin gotw...

I could really care less..... it aint that big of a deal

who's mad? but yeah that is still a weak game.

necks_c/09
10-23-2007, 05:16 PM
who's mad? but yeah that is still a weak game. U are obviously not happy about not having gotw and u r talkin crap about 2 good teams....

They may not be elite.... but they are good

IHStangFan
10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
LOL...just like last year..."D24 sucks and D23 is the greatest" Didn't 2 of the 3 D23 teams get an early start on basketball season last year at the hands of 2 "sorry" teams from D24? :wave:

themsu97
10-24-2007, 05:40 AM
I actually think the past two years that d24 is like 4-2 or 5-1 in the 1st round...
but hey, that is okay...
I saw Brock play last year and met him at UT.. great kid and phenominal athlete... I would let him be about 80% of my offense as well, not knocking the kid... or the team...
it is just that some of you are going way overboard with this... the gotw is whoever they want it to be and that is how it is regardless... if they want it to be two winless teams because it is a great rivalry it can be that tooo

FrmSTx
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I would love to see needville win, but that is only for personal gain, both are good teams.

Rattlesnake_08
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
This doesn't seem as if it is going to be a good game, at least not as good as a game between two top ten teams in State, but oh well. There only seems to be three good teams in D24 this year, and this looks to be a game between two of them. I'll take West Columbia 24-14.

RattlerDude
10-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
This doesn't seem as if it is going to be a good game, at least not as good as a game between two top ten teams in State, but oh well. There only seems to be three good teams in D24 this year, and this looks to be a game between two of them. I'll take West Columbia 24-14.

They may not have gotten Region III game of the week, but they did get the statewide 3A game of the week on TexasFootball. I am just glad someone got it right

RattlerDude
10-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08

didn't mean to reply to this

Rattlesnake_08
10-25-2007, 11:01 PM
didn't mean to reply to this

Then don't. LOL.

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 01:51 AM
I just have to ask.....whats up w/ all of the Navasota to Giddings/Caldwell jock riding? Also....if you have nothing to do but complain about the game of the week decision, why don't you take it up w/ the appropriate people via PM instead about crying about it here in a thread thats supposed to be about Needville -vs- West Columbia....a game that some of us are very interested in. Yeah...so Giddings and Caldwell are 7-0 and 6-1 and "state ranked" but this game will more than likely decide the outcome of who does and doesn't go to the playoffs in this district...so in that aspect, its a little more of a do or die game when you look at the big picture.

That is all :)

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2007, 06:18 AM
:thumbsup:

I've never seen WC play, but they seem to have come on pretty strong, for the most part, once district started. I have seen the Needville weapon a couple of years ago. I'm thinking it's going to be a close one.

Darren
10-26-2007, 06:37 AM
I just have to ask.....whats up w/ all of the Navasota to Giddings/Caldwell jock riding? Also....if you have nothing to do but complain about the game of the week decision, why don't you take it up w/ the appropriate people via PM instead about crying about it here in a thread thats supposed to be about Needville -vs- West Columbia....a game that some of us are very interested in. Yeah...so Giddings and Caldwell are 7-0 and 6-1 and "state ranked" but this game will more than likely decide the outcome of who does and doesn't go to the playoffs in this district...so in that aspect, its a little more of a do or die game when you look at the big picture.

Correction on records.....

Giddings -- 7-0
Caldwell -- 6-0

I am a homer on this topic as well. But its a battle of 2 unbeaten teams.

While both of these teams are likely to go to the playoffs this game is more of a settting the bar for a whos who in state.

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thumbsup:

I've never seen WC play, but they seem to have come on pretty strong, for the most part, once district started. I have seen the Needville weapon a couple of years ago. I'm thinking it's going to be a close one. I would have to agree....WC has really come on as of late. Needville has several weapons out of the backfield. This will be a battle for sure. I'm excited! We'll be there tonight! :)

nexfan
10-26-2007, 08:06 PM
12-7 Needville in the 2nd!

3&2count
10-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Needville 40
WC 7

Reds fan
10-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 3&2count
Needville 40
WC 7