BreckTxLonghorn
10-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Here's some homer stats

Troy Roberson-- 15 car, 262 yds, 3 td
Blaine Vick-- 14 car, 225 yds, 3 td

KTA
10-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I thought his last name is Robertson

Reguardless I think the kid is going to be alot better player then his brother (Skipper) was (and his brother was pretty darn good)

VWG
10-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Here's some homer stats

Troy Roberson-- 15 car, 262 yds, 3 td
Blaine Vick-- 14 car, 225 yds, 3 td

What's up in Breckenridge with players quitting the team?
Heard that the new coach lost some good players this year, and it was due to the players quitting.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-20-2007, 11:54 PM
)
Originally posted by KTA
I thought his last name is Robertson

Reguardless I think the kid is going to be alot better player then his brother (Skipper) was (and his brother was pretty darn good)

Don't go that far. I played and ran with Skip, and he was overshadowed by Byron Polley, but in my opinion he was a much better pure athlete. I've never seen someone able to cover so much ground on a football field and simultaneously lay a hit/make an interception/straight up make a play. Troy is going to start making some waves now that they're running him hard this year, and he's going to be a force his senior year (high school kids can't come out early, right?:D )), but he has a bit to go to catch up with Skipper

BreckTxLonghorn
10-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by VWG
What's up in Breckenridge with players quitting the team?
Heard that the new coach lost some good players this year, and it was due to the players quitting.

Anytime you get a new coach, some people just won't take a new style, and that's pretty much the long and short of it. If I'm correct (and not living in Breck, I'm going solely off rumors), the players in question that quit were borderline failing, and the coach instituted mandatory early hours tutoring to bring the grades up. His no.1 rule is academics first. Apparently, some of the kids (and their parents :eek:) didn't feel they should have to go in at 7am to get their grades up, so the coach told them do it or quit. They chose to quit. Sad, but if its true, I'm glad Berry took a stand. He's doing some great things, and the offense could really work for Breck, but the town needs to be patient, as well as understand that academics and discipline need to play a significant role in a student athlete's life.

KTA
10-21-2007, 12:00 AM
and he was overshadowed by Byron Polley

Byron was a BEAST handling the rock.....if you were part of that team with Cliff, Byron, Skip, and Cash.....yall fell apart against Monahans, what happend!!! (I went to more Breck games then I did Graham that year)

sectionCwannabe
10-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Anytime you get a new coach, some people just won't take a new style, and that's pretty much the long and short of it. If I'm correct (and not living in Breck, I'm going solely off rumors), the players in question that quit were borderline failing, and the coach instituted mandatory early hours tutoring to bring the grades up. His no.1 rule is academics first. Apparently, some of the kids (and their parents :eek:) didn't feel they should have to go in at 7am to get their grades up, so the coach told them do it or quit. They chose to quit. Sad, but if its true, I'm glad Berry took a stand. He's doing some great things, and the offense could really work for Breck, but the town needs to be patient, as well as understand that academics and discipline need to play a significant role in a student athlete's life.

if thats true then great job coach! :clap: :clap: :clap:

R1Editor
10-22-2007, 10:31 PM
anybody else?