PDA

View Full Version : NCAA calls emergency meeting

Bull Butter
10-20-2007, 06:07 PM
SOUTH BEND, IN(Bull Butter Sports Services)--- The NCAA has called an emergency meeting for Saturday evening in order to amend it's rules for football teams to be eligible to participate in bowl games. This comes in the wake of Notre Dame's 38-0 loss to USC, which leaves the Fighting Irish with a 1-7 record. With just 4 games remaining on the schedule, ND can only finish with 5 wins, thus leaving them bowl-ineligible under the current restrictions.

The move was prompted by undue pressure from television networks ABC, ESPN and NBC, which all agree Notre Dame MUST be in not only a bowl game, but a BCS bowl game, no matter what the team's record or likelyhood of suffering it's yearly January beatdown.

The NCAA is proposing lowering the required number of victories to participate in a bowl game to 1, since the Fighting Irish may end up just barely qualifying under the new guidelines.

Among those expected to convene in South Bend for the vote are the following...............
Charlie Weis, ND coach
Lou Holtz, former ND coach
Beano Cook, ESPN college football personality and ND shill
Brent Musberger, ABC Sports announcer, who loves to over-hype teams like the Irish
Bill Callahan, Nebraska coach, who's team expects to benefit from the amendment
Dennis Franchione, soon to be former Texas A&M head coach

The rule is expected to pass unanimously.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-20-2007, 06:21 PM
who gives a (colorful expletive) about ND. they dont mean anything. if they have a crappy year, they dont need to be rewarded by going to a bcs bowl. the thought of an amendment like this is ludicrous.

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Excellent "news", BB! Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

sahen
10-20-2007, 06:39 PM
finally we are bowl elgible! we are over the hump at baylor, its all gravy from here!

Snydertigersrul
10-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
who gives a (colorful expletive) about ND. they dont mean anything. if they have a crappy year, they dont need to be rewarded by going to a bcs bowl. the thought of an amendment like this is ludicrous.

It's all about the money and Notre Dame will produce a lot of revenue, especially for the television networks.

HM33
10-20-2007, 07:58 PM
LoL, that would just be plain stupidity. Nice nice

bandera7
10-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I love that some people took that seriously...

burnet44
10-20-2007, 10:56 PM
lol funny
you forgot
Mark "I have a MAN CRUSH on Pete Carroll" May

USC the greatest team ever beaten by TEXAS

zebrablue2
10-21-2007, 03:07 AM
thats too much- LOL.

injuredinmelee
10-21-2007, 09:39 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
I love that some people took that seriously... i know.... dang guys

Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
who gives a (colorful expletive) about ND. they dont mean anything. if they have a crappy year, they dont need to be rewarded by going to a bcs bowl. the thought of an amendment like this is ludicrous. It was a joke....
Geez

That went right over ur head huh?

carter08
10-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I still can't believe they beat UCLA

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I still can't believe they beat UCLA

they didn't, the computers did...

Bull Butter
10-21-2007, 10:55 AM