PDA

View Full Version : So, who you got coming back?

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 05:07 PM
How many starters is your team returning?

I need ideas for my own personal top 10...

Last time I counted, Cuero had somewhere around 10/6 or 9/7, I forget which one...

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2004, 07:08 PM
well, out of all our key positions....we have a kicker returning!

jason
02-08-2004, 07:09 PM
i dont think forney would be in his top 10 anyways...

3afan2K3
02-08-2004, 07:10 PM
crzyjournalist03:
well, out of all our key positions....we have a kicker returning!an all-state kicker

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 07:12 PM
jason:
i dont think forney would be in his top 10 anyways...Nothing wrong with a 4A team on a 3A top ten... Esspecially if they're Mustangs from the Golden Triangle...

It's kinda like the Burmuda Triangle, once you go in there, you don't talk about anything else ever again...

Pudlugger
02-08-2004, 07:32 PM
La Grange will have 7 on O and 7 on D back. The O line will be bigger with a couple of hefty underclassmen moving into starting roles. The Qb will probably be Kyle Daniels who has been the backup behind Anderle since his freshman year. He will be a junior. He is fast with good moves and a pretty decent arm. Our backfield will be strong with starters back at the other three positions plus All District WR Bryan Minzenmeyer. Defense should be stout with open slots in 4 key positions to be filled: DE; DT; and both Dbs. The secondary will need to be rebuilt as only senior safety Collen Zapalac returns from last year's squad as he filled in for an injured Sam Gunn with an impressive showing.

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

lepfan
02-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Pudlugger:
La Grange will have 7 on O and 7 on D back. The O line will be bigger with a couple of hefty underclassmen moving into starting roles. The Qb will probably be Kyle Daniels who has been the backup behind Anderle since his freshman year. He will be a junior. He is fast with good moves and a pretty decent arm. Our backfield will be strong with starters back at the other three positions plus All District WR Bryan Minzenmeyer. Defense should be stout with open slots in 4 key positions to be filled: DE; DT; and both Dbs. The secondary will need to be rebuilt as only senior safety Kyle Zapalac returns from last year's squad as he filled in for an injured Sam Gunn with an impressive showing.Pud, that would be Collen Zapalac AKA "Buzzy". Kyle graduated last year. I think they are like 3rd cousins.

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2004, 09:27 PM
jason:
i dont think forney would be in his top 10 anyways...he didn't say which classification he was talking about :p ...for all I knew, he was trying to compile a 4A top ten :rolleyes:

Pudlugger
02-09-2004, 08:31 AM
lepfan:

Pudlugger:
La Grange will have 7 on O and 7 on D back. The O line will be bigger with a couple of hefty underclassmen moving into starting roles. The Qb will probably be Kyle Daniels who has been the backup behind Anderle since his freshman year. He will be a junior. He is fast with good moves and a pretty decent arm. Our backfield will be strong with starters back at the other three positions plus All District WR Bryan Minzenmeyer. Defense should be stout with open slots in 4 key positions to be filled: DE; DT; and both Dbs. The secondary will need to be rebuilt as only senior safety Kyle Zapalac returns from last year's squad as he filled in for an injured Sam Gunn with an impressive showing.Pud, that would be Collen Zapalac AKA "Buzzy". Kyle graduated last year. I think they are like 3rd cousins.Thanks, I got it. Can't keep those Zapalacs straight...so many of 'em! :D

bd62
02-09-2004, 09:19 PM
yoakum has 10 offensive and 7 defensive starters back. 27 of 36 on varsity back.lost an excellent reciever in wielmon .
cuero will be the big favorite in the new dist. and should be in top 10. yoakum will be in the hunt with them and should be a top 20 team.

Gasilla
02-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Gobbla2001:

jason:
i dont think forney would be in his top 10 anyways...Nothing wrong with a 4A team on a 3A top ten... Esspecially if they're Mustangs from the Golden Triangle...

It's kinda like the Burmuda Triangle, once you go in there, you don't talk about anything else ever again...Gobbla, what seems to be the prob, dude? You're awfully down on my boys. Is all this because one Bridge City fan picked them as his #1?

Old Tiger
02-09-2004, 11:17 PM
not really sure about rockdale...

VWG
02-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Vernon D II Region I champs should be strong again this year. I know they return at least one starting RB in either Hall or Favors. Both were dominant RB's and the playoff run from last year will definitely help in Vernon's 2004 season. They lost a good senior class but should reload. I would have to say barring any surprises they should make the playoffs.

Decatur has a great QB in Chandler Dane coming back for his senior year. They did lose a great RB in Mckinney, who I think signed with SMU. Decatur will make the playoffs but I think that the key to Decatur is definitely Dane and the offense. If they can find a staunch defense over there in Wise County.. look out!

WF Hirschi is my mystery team for 2004. WF Hirschi used to make the playoffs in 4A regularly in the 80's, and I think they did qualify a few times in the 90's... but man how things have changed. They haven't seen the playoffs in years and they were both beaten by Vernon and Graham last year. They have a new coach and have always had good athletes. They had a kid that was a soph. last year that saw a lot of time at QB, so this could be his coming out year. The funny thing is that they had some pretty competitive games last year in their district with WF Rider, WF High, Mineral Wells, etc.. They held their own with WF Rider and played WF High pretty tough. Then again, Graham hung 70 on them in pre-district game and pulled the starters before halftime.
Graham should field another playoff team, barring any surprises in district or injuries. Their defense has some good players returning, but will need to find some depth in the secondary and on the d-lines. They have the Dist. 5-3A MVP running back returning, beleive his name is Condron. QB will be a question mark, but kid that was a soph. last year should start. Only saw limited time but is very quick, which is what you need from a split veer attack.

Wylie will reload. Keenum their QB is back and is only a junior. Is the Crump kid coming back for the Bulldogs? If so, then the O-line and D-line will maintain the "beef" with him on it. Sandifer will have another Wylie team in the playoffs and they can go as far as their offense will take them. Keenum will have to find a good supporting cast, but shouldn't be a problem in Bulldog country.

Sweetwater- Jackson and crew will be back in the playoffs and I really like the Mustangs. Could there be a QB controversy brewing though? Sweetwater's freshman team was loaded with talent, and don't be surprised to see a few sophomores helping out the varsity this year. With any size on the offensive line this year the Mustangs could be a very, very dangerous team to go up against. With the tough district that Sweetwater plays in they will be seasoned and ready come bi-district playoffs. But the name of the game in their new district will be to remain healthy come playoff time, because there will be some hard fought battles on Friday night in the Abilene area this year!

That's about all I know.... Kinda stole some thunder from Vet93's "Region I scattershooting" posts, but I'm sure the old Vet won't mind me borrowing his idea!!!

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Gasilla:

Gobbla2001:

jason:

It's kinda like the Burmuda Triangle, once you go in there, you don't talk about anything else ever again...Gobbla, what seems to be the prob, dude? You're awfully down on my boys. Is all this because one Bridge City fan picked them as his #1?Trust me, I have a lot of respect for your team and tradition... I'm not down on your boys, I'm down on the guys handing them the trophy this early...

eagle.eyes
02-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Amen Gobbla!

sinfan75
02-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Sinton will return 9 on offense,6 on defense I think.

spirate_9
02-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Sinton returns plenty of talent from last years team, including its entire front 5.

Returning Offensive Starters:
RB Travis Franco
QB Daniel Ramirez
WR Gabriel Gonzales
WR Stephen Burk
OL Fred Rodriguez
OL Jim Bob Cook
OL Brian Garcia
OL William Schlinke
OL James Brown

Returning Defensive Starters:
DT Ryan Ueckert
DE James Villarreal
LB Andrew Schmidt
OLB Amdon Castillo
FS Matthew Trujillo
CB Stephen Burk

Several other players got quality playing time giving them experience for the upcoming year.

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 06:33 PM
spirate_9:
Sinton returns plenty of talent from last years team, including its entire front 5.

Returning Offensive Starters:
RB Travis Franco
QB Daniel Ramirez
WR Gabriel Gonzales
WR Stephen Burk
OL Fred Rodriguez
OL Jim Bob Cook
OL Brian Garcia
OL William Schlinke
OL James Brown

Returning Defensive Starters:
DT Ryan Ueckert
DE James Villarreal
LB Andrew Schmidt
OLB Amdon Castillo
FS Matthew Trujillo
CB Stephen Burk

Several other players got quality playing time giving them experience for the upcoming year.Ya'll sure were fast as all heck last year... Pretty tough too... Gunna be a heckuva game this year...

Buckeye80
02-10-2004, 06:42 PM
The Buckeyes aren't returning much, but our saving grace is that we are returning kids in key positions. We return Manuel Johnson #7 (WR) on offense and Jacob Dodd #6 (LB) on defense. It's tough to lose a leader like Derek McKenzie on offense, but #14 Kevin Hollis should step right up in his place. On defense, Dodd was the leader last year, so he is a solid part of the "D". On offense, Manuel is a great weapon and should put up some big numbers this year.