PDA

View Full Version : Region II Game of the Week (8) Atlanta (2-5) vs. Pittsburg (5-2)

charlesrixey
10-20-2007, 04:58 PM
this is a big game for both, obviously, as pittsburg can't afford to fall 0-2 in district, and Atlanta continues to improve

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Wow, not very hyped up for gotw....

c'mon ppl

pirate4state
10-21-2007, 11:06 AM
not very many region II people on this board.

Coming off a bye week this game will make or break Atlanta. Next 3 games are all tough:
Oct 26...@ Pittsburg*
Nov 02...Texarkana Pleasant Grove*
Nov 09...@ Texarkana Liberty-Eylau*

Pittsburg is 1-1 in district with a huge loss to TLE and a 13-0 win over Mt. Vernon

:thinking: :thinking: I'll take Atlanta on the road by 7

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Based pure on the records o these 2 teams, ill take Pittsburg by 17

R3Editor
10-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Based pure on the records o these 2 teams, ill take Pittsburg by 17
When it comes to Atlanta's record, it's always deceiving. They loaded up pre-district with 4A teams and Gilmer.

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
When it comes to Atlanta's record, it's always deceiving. They loaded up pre-district with 4A teams and Gilmer. Yea, I went and looked at the District Page and Pittsburg got hammered by RC.

Atlanta's scores weren't to impressive but, I've changed my mind and i'll say Atlanta by 13.

I can't change my vote, but oh well.

R3Editor
10-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Yea, I went and looked at the District Page and Pittsburg got hammered by RC.

As did a lot of other teams.... ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Based pure on the records o these 2 teams, ill take Pittsburg by 17 I took Pittsburg as Steelers are better than the Falcons.

dont know much about these teams but Pittsburg wins!

JR2004
10-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I really don't know who to pick here. I saw Pittsburg play RC and they just flat out mailed it in about 6 minutes or so before halftime. They have pretty good players at the skill positions, but they have no depth at all.

I haven't seen Atlanta, but they have two wins over mediocre football teams. The win against Woodrow looks less impressive as the season has gone on because Woodrow is in the bottom third of DISD football teams this season. While the rest of that non-district schedule is tough, it's really hard to figure out just where they are at.

JR2004
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Also it says in the thread title that Pittsburg is 5-2. They're 4-3. They've lost to Eylau, RC, and Carthage.

Matthew328
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Pitt is 5-3 actually

beat Jefferson, New Boston, Commerce, Paris and Mount Vernon

lost

Royse City, Carthage and Texarkana L-E

JR2004
10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Looked on Smoaky again and they sure are. Weird bye week for them.

I think Pitt could lose this game by 28 plus just as easily as they could win. Really have no clue what'll show up for them. They probably wouldn't care though if they lost if that RC game was any indication.

lostaussie
10-22-2007, 07:58 PM
neither team has any depth. which ever one makes playoffs, if either, goes down early. pitt relies on kendall wright and atlanta plays like 7 guys both ways. i'll take pitt, but this game is really of no consequence.

just relised mt. vernon was in the district so winner of this game probably gets in. they may both get a 1st round win, cause they have to play the hapless clowns in our district. so if you are in line for a 2nd round matchup..............consider yourself on to the 3rd round:D

charlesrixey
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
neither team has any depth. which ever one makes playoffs, if either, goes down early. pitt relies on kendall wright and atlanta plays like 7 guys both ways. i'll take pitt, but this game is really of no consequence.

just relised mt. vernon was in the district so winner of this game probably gets in. they may both get a 1st round win, cause they have to play the hapless clowns in our district. so if you are in line for a 2nd round matchup..............consider yourself on to the 3rd round:D

i will admit that 15-3A has gilmer and Nothing else this year

the drop off is staggering

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i will admit that 15-3A has gilmer and Nothing else this year

the drop off is staggering

been that way for 4 years now

Aesculus gilmus
10-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
been that way for 4 years now

It's been that way for 15-3A just this year and last.

Before that, it could be said of 13-3A and before that, of 11-3A. (We seem to be gaining by two in terms of Dist. # with each realignment.)

I never thought I would look back on the years Gilmer was in the district with Lindale and a few other teams west of here as a "tough" district, but it was relative to this one.

Spring Hill DOES seem to be playing fairly well these days now.

What's shocking is how far down Gladewater has sunk.

They now have a power rating considerably south of that of the mighty Progreso Red Ants.

kaorder1999
10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
its hard for me to cheer against a Rabbit!

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
It's been that way for 15-3A just this year and last.

Before that, it could be said of 13-3A and before that, of 11-3A. (We seem to be gaining by two in terms of Dist. # with each realignment.)

I never thought I would look back on the years Gilmer was in the district with Lindale and a few other teams west of here as a "tough" district, but it was relative to this one.

Spring Hill DOES seem to be playing fairly well these days now.

What's shocking is how far down Gladewater has sunk.

They now have a power rating considerably south of that of the mighty Progreso Red Ants.

Sorry I just meant that Gilmer for past 4 years have been basically in weak districts, no matter what # the district was

Aesculus gilmus
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Quite all right. I knew what you meant.

I'd say the last time Gilmer was challenged in district was in the 2000-2001 alignment. 2001 was Traylor's first title year and the Bucks only beat D'field by one point. The Tatum game also required a miracle finish involving a fumble return for a TD, IIRC.

As for this game, I have picked the Pirates, but I have very little confidence in my selection. Atlanta has no doubt usually won this game in the past.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Quite all right. I knew what you meant.

I'd say the last time Gilmer was challenged in district was in the 2000-2001 alignment. 2001 was Traylor's first title year and the Bucks only beat D'field by one point. The Tatum game also required a miracle finish involving a fumble return for a TD, IIRC.

As for this game, I have picked the Pirates, but I have very little confidence in my selection. Atlanta has no doubt usually won this game in the past.

Cant forget the year Gilmer won state, the comeback they had to make agianst Mineola in their last district game

Aesculus gilmus
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I'll never forget it, but that game was against Pittsburg in Pittsburg. A Manuel Johnson-to-Tay Bowser last-minute bomb gave Gilmer a 22-18 win.

In fact, that was the last time Gilmer and Pitt played.

If, by some strange circumstance, Pitt sneaks in as the Div I rep of 16-3A, they have a lot of revenge motivation stored up from that 2004 game.

However, most of the players from the game three years ago are long gone from PHS and Camp County.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I'll never forget it, but that game was against Pittsburg in Pittsburg. A Manuel Johnson-to-Tay Bowser last-minute bomb gave Gilmer a 22-18 win.

In fact, that was the last time Gilmer and Pitt played.

If, by some strange circumstance, Pitt sneaks in as the Div I rep of 16-3A, they have a lot of revenge motivation stored up from that 2004 game.

However, most of the players from the game three years ago are long gone from PHS and Camp County.

My bad, I was thinking Pitt and typed Mineola for some reason lol

txkmom
10-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Atlanta ALWAYS is capable of surprising any team. Just depends on their execution, although depth is certainly an issue this year. They know how to compete, and always bring it to LE. Always. I think they can take Pitt.