PDA

View Full Version : Region I GOTW (Week 8) Abilene Wylie (5-2,1-0) @ Sweetwater (5-3,1-1)

R1Editor
10-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Who do you got, and why?

KTA
10-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Wylie by 7

Sweetwater Red
10-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
Who do you got, and why?

Sweetwater, and duh.:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Wylie by 14

lion75
10-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm picking Wylie, but pulling for Sweetwater

Snydertigersrul
10-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Who do you got, and why?

Since this was chosen the game of the week, I say Wylie by 21

clyde1520
10-20-2007, 04:38 PM
sweetwater in a close one
mainly because i want wylie to lose, so theres a 3-way tie for first

lakers
10-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by clyde1520

i am thinkin the same thing...;)

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by clyde1520

It could happen but unless AB Wylie doesn't play well, they should win. But who knows. Whomever comes to play will take the win.

KTA
10-20-2007, 05:17 PM
a 3 way tie would be crazy

Does yall district have any rules to determine the champ? Points against, points scored, coin flip?

Snydertigersrul
10-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by KTA

Does yall district have any rules to determine the champ? Points against, points scored, coin flip?

Every district has a tiebreaker included in the bylaws adopted by the schools at the district meeting following realignments. Don't worry, it won't happen. The Sweetwater-Breckenridge winner will be the final playoff team.

KTA
10-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I knew that (had a tie breaker my jr year) I miss phrased that

A better way to state my question is, what is the tie breaker in yalls district?

wtxfootball08
10-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by KTA

its points against.. if wylie loses by less than 13 and more than 1 clyde will get first in district with wins against breck and comanche.
if wylie wins they take district.. if sw were to win by more than 13 they will get first in district (that is assuming none of these teams will lose to breck or comanche)

KTA
10-20-2007, 08:59 PM
if they lose to Breck or Comanche something is wrong

STANG RED
10-20-2007, 09:56 PM
If Sweetwater can somehow play a good team like Wylie without making multiple turnovers I guarantee they will win. But they have yet to prove they can hang on to the ball, so I have my doubts. Still I have to go with my Stangs in a close one. We have them in the bowl, and the boys ought to be good and mad after this last one. If the D plays as well as they did against Clyde, and the O can just hang on to the ball will determine the winner.
This will not be a high scoring game.
Swater 21
Wylie 20

bandera7
10-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Sweetwater by 3...they should be fired up.

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Since this was chosen the game of the week

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Someone get this guy a pacifier.

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Every district has a tiebreaker included in the bylaws adopted by the schools at the district meeting following realignments. Don't worry, it won't happen. The Sweetwater-Breckenridge winner will be the final playoff team.

No bylaws necessary.:rolleyes:

If Sweetwater beats Wylie. There's a 3-way tie. All are
considered district champs. Wylie goes Div. I. Clyde is the #1
seed in Div.II by virtue of beating Sweetwater. Sweetwater is
the #2 seed in Div. II.:thumbsup:

clyde1520
10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
hopefully sweetwater will pull it off

BILLYFRED0000
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Unless ABW forgets to show up bulldogs by 20.

clydedawg34
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
sweetwater in a barn burner wylies luck will run out this week sweetwater 21 wylie 18 in overtime

injuredinmelee
10-21-2007, 10:16 PM
wow a game of the week that doesnt include Clyde?

lakers
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

yeah, but Clyde folks are very interested in this one...:thinking: :thinking:

I will speak on the behalf of Clyde.......

GO SWEETWATER!!!!!!!!

;)

R1Editor
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM

Please show me another game on that current week which had more impact in the region. If you do not like the selection, please feel free to submit another game for consideration.

Thank You:thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
10-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Please show me another game on that current week which had more impact in the region. If you do not like the selection, please feel free to submit another game for consideration.

Thank You:thumbsup:

im just giving you heck keith. they were great games and you were right to pick em.

sweetwater07
10-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by lion75
I'm picking Wylie, but pulling for Sweetwater

i have brains and am capable of making an educated decision, so i'm inclined to concur...:D

R1Editor
10-22-2007, 02:20 AM
im just giving you heck keith. they were great games and you were right to pick em.

No Keith here, glad you approve though :thumbsup:

Stownhorse
10-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Even though Im royally pissed about us losing like chumps to Clyde, Im glad there are more clyde posters on here every day. :clap:

KTA
10-22-2007, 02:25 AM
but will they stick around after the playoffs? Thats the question:thinking:

3afan
10-22-2007, 07:17 AM
go AW

STANG RED
10-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
No bylaws necessary.:rolleyes:

If Sweetwater beats Wylie. There's a 3-way tie. All are
considered district champs. Wylie goes Div. I. Clyde is the #1
seed in Div.II by virtue of beating Sweetwater. Sweetwater is
the #2 seed in Div. II.:thumbsup:

Actually they will take point spread into consideration to determine seeding. Sweetwater lost to Clyde by 7, Clyde lost to Wylie by 1. So Clyde is a +6 at the moment over Swater. If Swater beats beats Wylie by 7 or more, they will get #1 and Clyde will get #2 in the DII seeding. If Wylie wins or loses by less than 6 then Clyde gets #1 and Swater gets #2. If Swater wins by 6, Clyde goes as #1 by virtue of head to head play. Of course there is always Breck and Comanche that could throw a monkey wrench in the whole mess also. Comanche probably wont be a factor, but if either Wylie or Swater stumble against Breck, things could really get crazy.

Now, I say all of this because this was how it worked in the old district when Wylie/Swater/& Snyder all tied for the district championship those two years. They were all considered as district co-champions, but seeding was determined by point spreads. I am only assuming this is how it will work in this district, but I dont know that for sure. Does anyone out there know for sure?

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Actually they will take point spread into consideration to determine seeding. Sweetwater lost to Clyde by 7, Clyde lost to Wylie by 1. So Clyde is a +6 at the moment over Swater. If Swater beats beats Wylie by 7 or more, they will get #1 and Clyde will get #2 in the DII seeding. If Wylie wins or loses by less than 6 then Clyde gets #1 and Swater gets #2. If Swater wins by 6, Clyde goes as #1 by virtue of head to head play. Of course there is always Breck and Comanche that could throw a monkey wrench in the whole mess also. Comanche probably wont be a factor, but if either Wylie or Swater stumble against Breck, things could really get crazy.

Now, I say all of this because this was how it worked in the old district when Wylie/Swater/& Snyder all tied for the district championship those two years. They were all considered as district co-champions, but seeding was determined by point spreads. I am only assuming this is how it will work in this district, but I dont know that for sure. Does anyone out there know for sure?

Head to head should trumph any spread.:thinking:

Texasfootball2
10-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by clydedawg34
sweetwater in a barn burner wylies luck will run out this week sweetwater 21 wylie 18 in overtime

LUCK? I guess that was luck that totally dominated the fourth quater. If you can't hold a 21 point lead against a team who has one timeout left and fighting a 20 mph wind in their face the whole fourth quater then don't call it luck. Clyde had the ball four times in the fourth quater and manage one first down. You can say what you want about controversial calls but Clyde had several chances to finish that game and didn't.

I wish I could have seen the Sweetwater/Clyde game. It sounds like it was a great game. Also heard that Sweetwater was driving late to win it and fumbled. How much time was left and what went on after this.

I will give Clyde credit for one thing. When every single team that plays them turns the ball over you have to give their defense some credit, their doing something right.

STANG RED
10-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Head to head should trumph any spread.:thinking:

I'm just telling you how it worked in the old district with Swater/Wylie/&Snyder, becuase I saw it work that way both years. This district may do it different. I just assume they will do it the same way. It's the way that makes the most sense to me anyway.

tigerbyheart
10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
I think the Mustangs will beat the bulldogs this year.
I think they will be fired up after losing to Clyde.

Go Mustangs!!!

S'water - 27
Wylie - 20

Don't forget Breck.... If their coach has smartened up, he'll have Vick in as quarterback....This could get interesting if Breck wins against 2 of the next 3 opponents... :thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm just telling you how it worked in the old district with Swater/Wylie/&Snyder, becuase I saw it work that way both years. This district may do it different. I just assume they will do it the same way. It's the way that makes the most sense to me anyway.

This may be true. It doesn't seem fair to Clyde though. I assumed
we were the #1 seed those years because we beat Snyder
both times.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I know I should let it go. But, I'm right very few times and this is
one of them.

Wylie 26
Sweetwater 3:(

Snyder 16:)
Wylie 13

Sweetwater 17:thumbsup: :D
Snyder 6

That gives Snyder a -8 and Sweetwater a -12.

Sweetwater was the #1 Div. II seed that year.:thinking:

STANG RED
10-22-2007, 10:07 AM
This may be true. It doesn't seem fair to Clyde though. I assumed
we were the #1 seed those years because we beat Snyder
both times.

Yes we did beat Snyder head to head both of those years in district play, but it was actually the point spread that determined the seeding. There were articles in both the Swater & ARN that laid it out, is why I remember how they did it. The point spread only came into play because it was a 3-way tie, and the head to head matchups cancelled each other out. The next step was a + or - on point spreads that made the actual determination.
Swater will have to beat Wylie first for this scenario to happen. Then both will have to get past Breck, which is certainly not an automatic.

Texasfootball2
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
I know I should let it go. But, I'm right very few times and this is
one of them.

Wylie 26
Sweetwater 3:(

Snyder 16:)
Wylie 13

Sweetwater 17:thumbsup: :D
Snyder 6

That gives Snyder a -8 and Sweetwater a -12.

Sweetwater was the #1 Div. II seed that year.:thinking:

I think you have it figured wrong. The maximum amount of point differential is 14 points +/_

Wylie 26 ( Wylie +14 ) Wylie 13 (Wylie -3)
SW 3 ( SW -14 ) Snyder 16 ( Snyder +3 )

Wylie has a net of + 11

SW 17 ( SW +11 ) SW has a net of -3 (-14,+3)
Snyder 6 ( Snyder -11 ) Sny has net of -8 ( +3,-11 )

SW had tie breaker over Snyder in Div 2.

They don't use tie breakers to determine the District champion. Had they Wylie would have won. They were Tri-Champs.

This is why sometimes it is wise to score at the end of a district game if your only ahead by 13 points or less, even if the outcome is certain, because you want as many positive points differential as possible with +14 being the maximum. I do not consider this running up the score. I think most districts use this same tie breaking system.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I think you have it figured wrong. The maximum amount of point differential is 14 points +/_

Wylie 26 ( Wylie +14 ) Wylie 13 (Wylie -3)
SW 3 ( SW -14 ) Snyder 16 ( Snyder +3 )

Wylie has a net of + 11

SW 17 ( SW +11 ) SW has a net of -3 (-14,+3)
Snyder 6 ( Snyder -11 ) Sny has net of -8 ( +3,-11 )

SW had tie breaker over Snyder in Div 2.

They don't use tie breakers to determine the District champion. Had they Wylie would have won. They were Tri-Champs.

This is why sometimes it is wise to score at the end of a district game if your only ahead by 13 points or less, even if the outcome is certain, because you want as many positive points differential as possible with +14 being the maximum. I do not consider this running up the score. I think most districts use this same tie breaking system.

I didn't know about the 14 max. That does make total sense.
Thanks. I just got edgamacated!:D

Sorry Stang Red. I'll go crawl in my hole now.:(

STANG RED
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I didn't know about the 14 max. That does make total sense.
Thanks. I just got edgamacated!:D

Sorry Stang Red. I'll go crawl in my hole now.:(

No prob. I couldnt remember the exact formula either, and I had forgotten about the 14 point max also. I just remembered there being a tie breaking formula using point spreads because it was a three way tie for the district championship.
I'm just hoping we get to use it again this year.:D

Now if Wylie will just cooperate and lose this Friday, we'll get to see how this all works out.:devil:

sweetwater07
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by KTA
but will they stick around after the playoffs? Thats the question:thinking:

i'm rarely here after football season is over

cheatnchangeup
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
:thinking::thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by cheatnchangeup
:thinking::thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Wow...How long did you have to "Think About It" before making your first post????:D:D

Just Kidding (JK)! Welcome to the DownLow!!!

lakers
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart

Don't forget Breck.... If their coach has smartened up, he'll have Vick in as quarterback....This could get interesting if Breck wins against 2 of the next 3 opponents... :thinking: :thinking:

I dont think it will happen though, they dont have the talent like they have had in the past.

And it definitely seems that putting Vick back at quarterback could be a very wise strategy, but I dont think that will happen. He hasnt played quarterback all year, why would they change now.

He is very elusive, I will give him credit for that.

I will be at the game against breck friday and I hope Clyde shows up to play and dominates like they should.

As for the swater/ wylie game...

GO SWEETWATER!!!

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by lakers

GO SWEETWATER!!!

Yeah!...and GO PISTONS!:thinking: :D :devil:

gibby
10-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by KTA

Don't know if it matters. Playoffs are the topic at hand. Wylie has shared the district title several times during the past. Since Wylie will go D1 and SW and (please review that play) Clyde will be D2, I guess the only important thing is who gets the buy.

gibby
10-23-2007, 08:45 AM
What impressed me the most is SW's defense against Clyde. Seems they were able to hold them to short yardage. Less tham 200 total yds vs Clyde aint bad. Question is..... can SW do the same against a two pronged attack. Wylie will bring the house, and Big Red knows it. Man I love this game.!

STANG RED
10-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by gibby
Don't know if it matters. Playoffs are the topic at hand. Wylie has shared the district title several times during the past. Since Wylie will go D1 and SW and (please review that play) Clyde will be D2, I guess the only important thing is who gets the buy.

I dont think there would be a bye for either. It will just determine who you play. #1 will play #2 from the adjacent district, and vice versa. Winning could be the difference in whether you play a 3rd place patsy the doesnt even belong in the playoffs, or playing a district champ that is a very good team. Thats why winning district games are so important for DII schools.

STANG RED
10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by gibby
What impressed me the most is SW's defense against Clyde. Seems they were able to hold them to short yardage. Less tham 200 total yds vs Clyde aint bad. Question is..... can SW do the same against a two pronged attack. Wylie will bring the house, and Big Red knows it. Man I love this game.!

It was actually less than 100 yards. 88 yds. was the number I heard. Kevil had something like 35 yds.

sweetwater07
10-24-2007, 01:59 AM
well i was gonna go to this game, but after last week i have even less confidence in Sweetwater winning, so i'm not gonna waste the gas..lol

Scholar
10-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Wylie by 20.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
well i was gonna go to this game, but after last week i have even less confidence in Sweetwater winning, so i'm not gonna waste the gas..lol

That's the spirit!:thumbsup:

You're probably right though....I'll take Wylie by 14.

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

I hope this is a game for the ages. :clap:

I also hope Abilene High is beating Permian 42-0 at halftime.
That way SOMEONE might regret not driving 40 miles west.:D :devil:

wtxfootball08
10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by lakers
I dont think it will happen though, they dont have the talent like they have had in the past.

And it definitely seems that putting Vick back at quarterback could be a very wise strategy, but I dont think that will happen. He hasnt played quarterback all year, why would they change now.

He is very elusive, I will give him credit for that.

I will be at the game against breck friday and I hope Clyde shows up to play and dominates like they should.

As for the swater/ wylie game...

GO SWEETWATER!!!

They are putting vick at QB he played the 2nd half at comanche at QB

wtxfootball08
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM

No that isn't correct sweetwater has to win by 13 or more because sweetwater is -6

Snyder_TigerFan
10-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I also hope Abilene High is beating Permian 42-0 at halftime.
That way SOMEONE might regret not driving 40 miles west.:D :devil:

I don't think that'll happen, but I do hope Abilene High wins. I hope it's a nail biter to the end, something like 42-41.:D

sweetwater07
10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

i have plenty of school spirit, but i also have sense enough to know that if i don't have enough money to drive back for the game then i probably shouldn't. Especially if i'm not certain we are going to win

GetRDoneStangs
10-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
No that isn't correct sweetwater has to win by 13 or more because sweetwater is -6

Actually :

Sweetwater is -7 as of now. (Loss to Clyde 15-8)

Clyde is +1 (Loss to Wylie 27-21..-6 Beat Swater by 7 so they are +1)

Wylie is +6

So if Sweetwater beats Wylie..they need to win by 9 to make them +2 ( -7 +9 ) and therefore go in as the #1 seen in Div. 2.

Wylie will then be -3...But still be the Div. 1 rep.

This is they way it worked a couple of years ago and I ASSume that is how it will work in this district. :eek: :eek: :thinking:

cdawgfan
10-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Clyde only lost to Wylie by 1 point, 28-27.

GetRDoneStangs
10-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by cdawgfan
Clyde only lost to Wylie by 1 point, 28-27.

My bad!! I knew that!! :D :D :nerd:

I stand corrected!!! By a Rookie on his first post :o :o...JK..keep on posting!!cdawgfan!!!

That makes Clyde +6 (-1 at Wylie..+7 Sweetwater)

Still makes Sweetwater -7

So Sweetwater has to win by 14 to win on the tie breaker for the top seed. I think Clyde would have the advantage if the tie-breaker was tied???

Sorry wtxfootball08...I don't know how I messed up the Wylie/Clyde score!!

cdawgfan
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
I just wanted to see how that changed the numbers because I didn't know how all that worked. :thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
10-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Changed quite a bit....I just had a brain *art from the Wylie/Clyde game. I guess in the "Long Run"...the teams will still have to play you no matter how you are seeded ...as long as you keep on winning!!

But it seems it is always better to go in as the higher seed!!!!

wtxfootball08
10-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
My bad!! I knew that!! :D :D :nerd:

I stand corrected!!! By a Rookie on his first post :o :o...JK..keep on posting!!cdawgfan!!!

That makes Clyde +6 (-1 at Wylie..+7 Sweetwater)

Still makes Sweetwater -7

So Sweetwater has to win by 14 to win on the tie breaker for the top seed. I think Clyde would have the advantage if the tie-breaker was tied???

Sorry wtxfootball08...I don't know how I messed up the Wylie/Clyde score!!

its cool man its really kinda confusing

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I stand corrected!!! By a Rookie on his first post :o :o..

Ouch! That's gotta stink! :D :D

CHSWR07
10-25-2007, 10:24 AM
i'm pullin and hopin for that sweetwater red to do something this week i'd really love them to win this game....GO STANGS!!!!

Texasfootball2
10-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
i'm pullin and hopin for that sweetwater red to do something this week i'd really love them to win this game....GO STANGS!!!!

I hope your pulling on a short string. Dawgs by 10

RedWhiteBlue
10-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd like for Stangs to pull this one out, too.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
i'm pullin and hopin for that sweetwater red to do something this week

I'll do my best. Look for me. I'm #10 when we are on offense and
#24 when we are on defense.:D :devil:

Texasfootball2
10-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I'd like for Stangs to pull this one out, too.

Does this mean I need to pull for Iowa Park?:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM

No. Midland Greenwood..dummy.:doh: :D

DaHop72
10-25-2007, 11:59 AM
No. Midland Greenwood..dummy.:doh: :D :foul: :foul: :foul: :foul: ::foul: :foul: :foul: :tongue:

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul: ::foul: :foul: :foul: :tongue:

Not me! Him! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Might as well.... :D

RedWhiteBlue
10-25-2007, 12:58 PM
You can, but I would put money on Graham. I said I would LIKE for the Stangs to win, not that I thought they would.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I said I would LIKE for the Stangs to win, not that I thought they would.

:mad: :eek: :mad:

RedWhiteBlue
10-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey, game hasn't been played yet and you are at home. The Dawgs get intimidated playing people on their home turf. Isn't that right, Texas2?

Texasfootball2
10-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey, game hasn't been played yet and you are at home. The Dawgs get intimidated playing people on their home turf. Isn't that right, Texas2?

Oh sure:crazy: Were scared:foul:..less everywhere we go. Don't know if we will ever win another road game. I'm only going for the pre game meal. If the refs can give us some more help, we might just upset the BIG RED:cheerl:

PS: (Aren't you glad I learn how to use those symbols RWB!)

RedWhiteBlue
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh sure:crazy: Were scared:foul:..less everywhere we go. Don't know if we will ever win another road game. I'm only going for the pre game meal. If the refs can give us some more help, we might just upset the BIG RED:cheerl:

PS: (Aren't you glad I learn how to use those symbols RWB!)
Now if you could only learn how to spell and type!!!! J/K I hear they have some great programs in Snyder.:p

Slamhammer
10-25-2007, 03:41 PM
This should be a great game. I hope I'm able to attend but don't know yet. I heard through some friends at Wylie that there is a benefit supper before the game for a sick little boy in Sweetwater. They did not have details yet. Do any of you Sweetwater people have any info about this? Where and when? Sounds like the Wylie folks are coming to support. It's pretty cool that the two communities can fight like cats and dogs when it comes to athletics but can come together to support a needy cause. I hope you guys have a big turn out & I hope I'm able to make it.

injuredinmelee
10-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Slamhammer
This should be a great game. I hope I'm able to attend but don't know yet. I heard through some friends at Wylie that there is a benefit supper before the game for a sick little boy in Sweetwater. They did not have details yet. Do any of you Sweetwater people have any info about this? Where and when? Sounds like the Wylie folks are coming to support. It's pretty cool that the two communities can fight like cats and dogs when it comes to athletics but can come together to support a needy cause. I hope you guys have a big turn out & I hope I'm able to make it.

Burnet set the example in that dept.

grizz53
10-26-2007, 08:02 AM
This should be a barn burner, but having seen the clyde/wylie game and the clyde/sweetwater game I think that sweetwater has the advantage. Their D was impressive and im confident they can shut wylie down so its gonna be on their O to come up with some plays. Im takin swater by 3.

Texasfootball2
10-26-2007, 08:12 AM
You must be basing your prediction on the Wylie team that played the first three quaters and not the Wylie team that dominated the fourth quater. Sweetwaters defense as been very good since week 2, but don't count on the Wylie team that started the Clyde game showing up.

Texasfootball2
10-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Slamhammer

The dinner is from 4:30-7:00 at the High School Cafeteria. It's a $7 a plate BQ.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
ARN's take on the game.

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/26/bulldogs-looking-for-rivalry-win-in-sweetwater/

TinyTim
10-26-2007, 10:34 AM
You must be basing your prediction on the Wylie team that played the first three quaters and not the Wylie team that dominated the fourth quater. Sweetwaters defense as been very good since week 2, but don't count on the Wylie team that started the Clyde game showing up.

You tell em Texas2. My prediction is the same as before.

Wylie 17
Sweet water 0 after 1st Quarter.

This is no game this will be a track meet and Skye and Banyard are gone so I don't see Sweetwater even close in this race.

pero chato
10-26-2007, 10:54 AM
If Sweetwater holds onto the ball, they can win it. If Wylie makes them defend the whole field as they should, Wylie wins it. I was at the Clyde game and the Sweetwater defense shut down Kevil, something Wylie couldn't do until the fourth quarter, and even then Kevil scored in OT.
I think it will be close with the turnover factor playing a big role.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Sweetwater Reporter/ Kent Jackson's take on the game.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/53707/122/

STANG RED
10-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Sweetwater Reporter/ Kent Jackson's take on the game.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/53707/122/

Although I'll never be a fan of Jackson's couching style and vanilla offensive scheme, I have always been a huge fan of the man that he is, and the incredible amount of class he runs his program with. In fact, as the athletic director for all athletic programs at Sweetwater, he has been the best we have ever had, and we are very lucky to have him in that role.:clap:

injuredinmelee
10-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Will Jackson be Quisenberrys replacement at Lee after this season?

TigerPride
10-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Not trying to throw to much salt on the wound, BUT clyde 38 breck 34 hmmmmmmmmm....GO TIGERS!!!!(the best 6-2 team in the state)

Scholar
10-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Not trying to throw to much salt on the wound, BUT clyde 38 breck 34 hmmmmmmmmm....

Yep, I see what you're saying. I'll go ahead and say Breck by twenty and S'water stays home for Thanksgiving.