PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder surgery???

Srs. o4
09-30-2002, 05:28 PM
Is there a QB(ex or present) or knew a QB that had shoulder surgery?? If so, does it affect your passing game?? I did something awful to my Rotator cup, and orthopedic(sp?) is talking about surgery...worried. Wanna play next year, but if I have this surgery will it effect my passing?? Not that my passing is good anyways, I just don't want to see it ruined even more!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Bell

gdornon11
09-30-2002, 05:57 PM
i had surgery done on my shoulder after my sophmore year and it is now stronger than ever. i am not a qb that had to throw with it so they did a little different kind of rehab. if you rehab religously you wont ever have a problem with it. good luck.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-30-2002, 06:05 PM
I've got a bad rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Hurts like hell when you try to throw something, doesn't it?

I don't know if i'll ever have surgery on it. I do play city league softball here in Dallas, and play 3rd base and 1st base.......but when I play 3rd, I just have to live with the pain when I throw to 1st. Even trying to modify my throwing motion doesn't help.

But if you plan on remaining a QB, then I hope for the best for ya. But y'know.......being a RB isn't that bad a position to play either. :D

Srs. o4
09-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Well, about the running thing, I'm not fast for a QB, my 40 time was a 5 flat. I know, I know, thats terrible for a QB. But I guess my specialty is passing. I love passing, though like I said, I'm not great at it. I know what you mean with the passing though. Thanx for the input though. :p

tog
09-30-2002, 09:08 PM
sounds like a question that an ex-qb would ask

Srs. o4
09-30-2002, 09:11 PM
Is that really the only thing you can think of?? I already told you that I'm not him. If you don't believe me, then fine, I don't know you, and could careless if you believed me. BUT, this is not about EX_QB, this is about shoulder surgery so....BACK UP and leave me alone!!

<small>[ September 30, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Srs. o4 ]</small>

Pudlugger
09-30-2002, 09:14 PM
Srs. o4:
Well, about the running thing, I'm not fast for a QB, my 40 time was a 5 flat. I know, I know, thats terrible for a QB. But I guess my specialty is passing. I love passing, though like I said, I'm not great at it. I know what you mean with the passing though. Thanx for the input though. :p Look, if you want to play qb and have been told you need the surgery, go ahead and get it. Then work hard on the rehab and you will do fine. If you don't, you will spend the next forty five years wondering how it could have been, so just go for it. That's my advice.

tog
09-30-2002, 09:21 PM
calm down francis, hahaha, joke joke joke, man we seem to be a little sensitive about this subject,, nice language there also, i think thou dost protest too much, i will drop the subject since it seems to bother you so much, (wouldn't want you to totally drive the nails into the coffin of your own mistaken identity)

Srs. o4
09-30-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanx for your input, Pudlugger, will take yours and everyone else that has givin me advice about this. You still play H.S. football??? Tog, how do us G-town fans, know that it isn't you that is EX_QB? And how do we know that since one person has said it was me, you just found an easy way to make yourself look innocent, but ragging on me about it?? GO BUFFS, STOMP CALDWELL!!!!! GATA!! HAW!!!

tog
09-30-2002, 09:23 PM
also, agree with pudlugger, get your shoulder fixed, best of luck

Srs. o4
09-30-2002, 09:25 PM
WOW!! your actually saying something besides, "your EX_QB." Anyways thanx for the input. And why do u insist that its me??

PPHSfan
09-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Sr. may I suggest that you go back and edit your language in the one post. You may wan't to do it quick before one of the Mods has a look at it. We all appreciate your frustration, but that kind of language is not tolerated here at 3ADL. Thank You in advance for taking care of this, and welcome to the board.