PDA

View Full Version : The 3 Biggest Surprises to 3A Downlow Posters

pakrat
12-20-2003, 11:56 PM
The three biggest surprises have to be Gainsville,
Atlanta, and Jasper for the majority of 3A posters. Gainsville for the upset of Burnet after Jasper showed them how to do it. wink Jasper for the
near upset of Burnet. Atlanta for the clear and decisive victory over Marlin. These three have a common denominator, overall team speed. I qualify this as only surprises for the majority of 3A downlow posters because the majority of posters favored Burnet, just as I thought they were the team to beat until I saw the Jasper game. Marlin's posters outnumbered Atlanta's posters, and many of the Burnet fans seemed to favor Marlin. So you few fans who picked 'em right, congratulatiions to you. You have a whole year to gloat and make some of the rest of us eat crow! :D

Rabbit'93
12-21-2003, 12:28 AM
No offense but I'm not so sure I would include Jasper as a surprise. I mean they didn't sneak up on anyone. Had they beat Burnet I think then you could call it a surprise.

j_dog
12-21-2003, 12:48 AM
Rabbit'93:
No offense but I'm not so sure I would include Jasper as a surprise. I mean they didn't sneak up on anyone. Had they beat Burnet I think then you could call it a surprise.Jasper was a twenty point underdog, and Burnet had to rally to pull out the game with 17 seconds left. That surely did seem to surprise a lot of Burnet posters at the time. :rolleyes: Maybe a few Jasper fans also.

Rabbit'93
12-21-2003, 11:53 AM
j_dog:

Rabbit'93:
No offense but I'm not so sure I would include Jasper as a surprise. I mean they didn't sneak up on anyone. Had they beat Burnet I think then you could call it a surprise.Jasper was a twenty point underdog, and Burnet had to rally to pull out the game with 17 seconds left. That surely did seem to surprise a lot of Burnet posters at the time. :rolleyes: Maybe a few Jasper fans also.I guess I see what you're saying now. :D

poncho
12-21-2003, 01:11 PM
I'd say Wharton, Sinton and jasper exploted a weakness we had to the run up the middle. All three did an excellent job of running the ball. We knew they where going to run there but, our defense just couldn't stop them. So in my opinion all of the 4 playoff teams ran there. Who wouldn't right?? All 4 displayed excellent defenses also. :cool:

Wbulldogs
12-21-2003, 05:22 PM
well from all the talk on here im sure wylie suprised alot of people...except ourselves

cubs
12-21-2003, 11:18 PM
North Crowley, for sure - Who'd have thought it???