PDA

View Full Version : Distict 24-3A

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Heres my updated Distirct thing.

So After this week, I think this is what the district looks like.

This week:

Columbia 14 @ Columbus 21 F/OT
Sweeny 28 @ Sealy 42
Brookshire Royal 3 @ Needville 23
Stafford 7 @ Wharton 42

So the standings are as follows:

1. Columbus (3-1)
1. West Columbia (3-1)
1. Sealy (3-1)
4. Needville (2-2)
4. Wharton (2-2)
4. Brookshire Royal (2-2)
7. Sweeny (1-3)
8. Stafford (0-4)

Next Week:

Needville @ Columbia
Sealy @ Brookshire Royal
Columbus @ Stafford
Wharton @ Sweeny

More predictions and insight.

Knowledge, statistics, district outlooks, game summaries all welcome here.

Drop some knowledge

My predictions:

Columbia in a barn burner
Sealy by 17+
Columbus By 40-50 pts (W/ Starters, W/o starters 30-35 pt win)
Wharton (Close game/ possibly OT)

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 09:54 AM
hey, i know he scores on the other three games but can yall post some summaries plz..

Darren
10-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Kind of weak district this year?

neck_06
10-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Darren

yes, very

Necked
10-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Agreed. I don't think you'll see any of these teams make deep playoff runs like last year. But when the district leader has been through 3 OT district games you know it makes for some interesting scoreboard watching every week....

IHStangFan
10-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
yes, very on the contrary, the district is just very tight this year...I wouldn't say they are "weak" though. Weak compared to some years, but not that weak when compared to some other districts.

Only summary I can provide is for the Needville - Brookshire Royal game.

Needville played the Falcons and the refs last night. Had a TD called back, etc. The score should have been somewhat worse, but the called back TD and the 2nd string playing most of the 4th Q I guess the coaches were not worried too much about running the score up.

Necked
10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Anybody know what tie-breaker system the district is using this year?

neck_06
10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Anybody know what tie-breaker system the district is using this year?

2 way tie = head-to-head

3+ tie = positive points with a maximum per game of 18

duke55
10-20-2007, 09:43 PM
its a wierd year ...district leader columbus has 3 OT wins, and brookshire whooped them and scored 41 , and brookshire hasnt scored alot this year besides that game ..but columbus still beats all the other better teams that killed brookshire. :confused:

duke55
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Darren

no bragging but columbus is not that weak when they have all their players healthy;)

maestro
10-21-2007, 05:05 PM
this week kind of the last straw for wharton, sweeny, and royal....

tigerpride_08
10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by maestro
this week kind of the last straw for wharton, sweeny, and royal....

for the rest of the season we'll have to play perfect just to have a chance...but one game at a time, and this week we'll worry about how to win against sweeny...

bobcat04
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Will this district be decided before the last week of the season? Is it likely a three loss team gets out? Who has the easiest schedule left?

duke55
10-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by bobcat04
Will this district be decided before the last week of the season? Is it likely a three loss team gets out? Who has the easiest schedule left?

Columbus has Stafford,Wharton, and Sweeny and is tied for 1st place but Columbus is getting their players back so i see them comeing out on top.

tigerpride_08
10-21-2007, 08:00 PM
here's our last 3 games...

At Sweeny
At Columbus
Needville

IHStangFan
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by duke55
its a wierd year ...district leader columbus has 3 OT wins, and brookshire whooped them and scored 41 , and brookshire hasnt scored alot this year besides that game ..but columbus still beats all the other better teams that killed brookshire. :confused: After watching Brookshire Royal, they appear to be a "big play" team. Some size, speed and a QB that tried to air it out several times. Evidently Columbus' secondary is suspect when defending the deep pass. BR tried it several times but Needville's secondary was able to pick off several of the deep passes. Perhaps Columbus was unable to do so and BR scorched em through the air? That would just be my take from watching all of them play this year. If you run and try to pound the ball, Columbus is gonna shut you down w/ their size up front. It appears they can be beat up through the air though if you have some speed at the WR position to get some separation. That's ole IHS's assessment. :)

Tiger Turtle
10-22-2007, 08:18 AM
When you play in Brookshire, the zebras always seem to be a factor.

duke55
11-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
After watching Brookshire Royal, they appear to be a "big play" team. Some size, speed and a QB that tried to air it out several times. Evidently Columbus' secondary is suspect when defending the deep pass. BR tried it several times but Needville's secondary was able to pick off several of the deep passes. Perhaps Columbus was unable to do so and BR scorched em through the air? That would just be my take from watching all of them play this year. If you run and try to pound the ball, Columbus is gonna shut you down w/ their size up front. It appears they can be beat up through the air though if you have some speed at the WR position to get some separation. That's ole IHS's assessment. :)

columbus got beat by the air