PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's observations Clyde/SW Burk/Vernon

KTA
10-20-2007, 02:17 AM
Well I told yall for a kabillionth week in a row to watch out for Clyde....remember when I told some of yall who said SW would win by 14+ that you were crazy.........

I don't see how this Burk team beat Clyde

I can see how Clyde beat Vernon

Only players that impressed me were

Vernon's DE (81 or 85 which ever number he was)
Vernon's QB, BUT when they shut him down, they shut the Vernon offense down.....its that simple

Burk's lil shifty running back, if you don't wrap up on this guy he's going to get at least 5 extra yards per a carry.

Vernon and Burk both will lose to Graham.

If Vernon or Burk beat Graham (yes either one of them) I will NEVER post on the DL again (under ANY name).

To be honest neither TEAM impressed me.

All you have to do is stop the run, and trust me if you go back and ask all the other teams Graham has played they have NO PROBLEM stopping the run.

Take it as being cocky, I don't care...im just telling you my honest opinion.

If I thought Graham sucked, I would tell you GRAHAM SUCKS (go back and look at my old posts if you don't believe me).

Graham will win this district
Vernon will take 2nd
Burk will take 3rd

Just watch.

KTA
10-20-2007, 02:23 AM
oh yeah, like I said earlier Grahams 12-0 win over Clyde looks alot more impressive now dont it!!!

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by KTA
If Vernon or Burk beat Graham (yes either one of them) I will NEVER post on the DL again (under ANY name). :eek:

He says this now, but if graham has a bad game and loses by 1 pt... then he will most likely still post im betting...

wildstangs
10-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Well I told yall for a kabillionth week in a row to watch out for Clyde....remember when I told some of yall who said SW would win by 14+ that you were crazy.........

Sure you told us, but they also lost two of the games you warned us about. :) Sounded like a great game last night. I hope Clyde has a great playoff run - would be nice to see them meet up with Graham again.

KTA
10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Sure you told us, but they also lost two of the games you warned us about

I said Wylie would win in a close one (ask Injured) so I was right on the money on that one

I did think they would beat Burk though(OT loss still isnt that bad of a guess)

Graham could play bad against Vernon, and Burk and still lose

And yes even if they lose by 1 point I will never post on here again........im being 100% serious

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I said Wylie would win in a close one (ask Injured) so I was right on the money on that one

I did think they would beat Burk though(OT loss still isnt that bad of a guess)

And yes even if they lose by 1 point I will never post on here again........im being 100% serious

That sucks...I would hate for some fluke to happen and you to leave. Your one of the few that actually talks some football.

luvhoops34
10-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by KTA

If Vernon or Burk beat Graham (yes either one of them) I will NEVER post on the DL again (under ANY name).

:rolleyes:

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
:rolleyes: ur back.....

lol

VWG
10-20-2007, 01:46 PM
KTA just went "all in"

PlayaJBiehl20
10-20-2007, 01:51 PM
KTA im glad you give Clyde some love. You just have to love Texas Football, it never makes sense, Brownwood beats Cove, then gets beat by Kileen. Clyde beats Vernon then loses to Burk. Vernon beats Burk. You just never know. I do think Graham will win the district.

KTA
10-20-2007, 02:41 PM
I just call it how I see it, and alot of people on this board dont like that. If it takes me going all in for some of yall to finally take me serious so be it.

I dont wear color shadded glasses (burnt orange, blue and sliver or red and blue)

If I think the Steers suck, id tell yall
If I think the Cowboys suck, id tell yall
If I think the longhorns suck (and they do), id tell yall

but that same rule applies to other teams as well....

I appreciate the few of yall who actully like me being on this board ;)

luvhoops34
10-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I just call it how I see it, and alot of people on this board dont like that. If it takes me going all in for some of yall to finally take me serious so be it.

I dont wear color shadded glasses (burnt orange, blue and sliver or red and blue)

If I think the Steers suck, id tell yall
If I think the Cowboys suck, id tell yall
If I think the longhorns suck (and they do), id tell yall

but that same rule applies to other teams as well....

I appreciate the few of yall who actully like me being on this board ;)

With KTA, what you see is what you get...

Like it or not.:p

wtxfootball08
10-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
:eek:

He says this now, but if graham has a bad game and loses by 1 pt... then he will most likely still post im betting...

he will stick to his word..

KTA
10-20-2007, 08:53 PM

I ment still win, but I think yall got my point

Gsquared
10-20-2007, 09:00 PM
KTA, you needa quit drinkin for 24 hours, that was last night.

KTA
10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I havent had a drink in 2 weeks (think thats why im so on edge about everything). But I re-read what I wrote and thought that needed to be corrected....being the grammer nerd that I am:crazy: :D

luvhoops34
10-21-2007, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by KTA
I havent had a drink in 2 weeks (think thats why im so on edge about everything). But I re-read what I wrote and thought that needed to be corrected....being the grammer nerd that I am:crazy: :D

Two weeks? Damn is that some kind of record?

Grammar and KTA don't go in the same sentence....That's why you have me.:D

Dominicfrank
10-21-2007, 10:19 AM
KTA .....as much as I think your an idiot and graham homer when Vernon beats Graham or the doubtful Burk Victory over GRaham I dont want you to leave. Too much fun having a person who hates like you do on here for me to hate back. Dont leave buddy, idiots like you are needed to make me keep checking this board.

lion75
10-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I want KTA to stay too, even though he has admitted he "just don't like" me. It's fun to lure him in and just make him so mad he can't think straight. I respect Graham and think they will probably go farther than they ever have this year, but it is a blast picking at KTA.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm not sold that Graham can beat Vernon. It is all about the match ups. I think the Vernon secondary matches up well with Graham's O. Vernon's defense is good. As good as Clyde's. I like the Bulldog defense as they impressed me. Vernon's offense looked great in the 1st half Friday. We had a couple of miscues that stopped drives in the second but the play calling was there and the execution as well. Graham will have their hands full when they take on the Lions.

But what I'm really excited to see is a possible re-match with Clyde. Looks like that might happen if both teams keep taking care of business.

I remember a Vernon Swater game 4 years ago that was called for lighting. They never made that game up. Both teams met in the playoffs. What a game that was. Vernon won 6-3.

Looking for Clyde again in the playoffs.

KTA
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Yall have not faced an O-line like Grahams all year long. If you couldnt stop Burks running back/running game, what makes you think you can stop the area's leading rusher? Oh yeah, and we have a passing attack. Z out of all the Vernon posters I have the most respect for you, but I have this question for you. How many games have you seen Graham play? Atleast I have seen yall in person.....

GWOOD
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
KTA .....as much as I think your an idiot and graham homer when Vernon beats Graham or the doubtful Burk Victory over GRaham I dont want you to leave. Too much fun having a person who hates like you do on here for me to hate back. Dont leave buddy, idiots like you are needed to make me keep checking this board.

I guess this was a compliment?:confused:

RedWhiteBlue
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
What was it Bob Hope used to say? "Thanks for the laughs". I think KTA is around to stay guys..................
Oh and Bob said, "memories", not laughs...... but I was laughing when I read this.........

KTA
10-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I take what they say with a grain of salt...they wouldnt even show face the other night at the Burk/Vernon game...heck I even sat on their side. Shows what kinda people they are.

Why defend myself? Them saying this about me is like a retard calling somebody else stupid:crazy:

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I have not seen Graham play this year.

So my opinion may be worth only a nickel!

Like I said about match ups I think the Vernon secondary will match up well against Graham. We also have a good front 4 and the LB's put pressure on Burk. They had 3 or 4 sacks when he tried to pass. Our defense is pretty salty. We did give up some rushing yards to Burk & Clyde...but both have strong rushing attacks. The difference in those two games was that Burk had no passing game. Clyde did and used the QB scramble to get yards on Vernon (when they were not rushing it). Plus Vernon turned the ball over 7 times to Clyde.

Vernon was rolling Burk up in the 1st half. Not sure that we had any miscues at all. Give them credit.

The Vernon/Graham game will be a good one. I know you have seen both teams play and you have some insight that most posters on here don't have -- watching multiple teams.

I'm not overlooking the remaining games though. I hope Hirschi is still struggling and IP is a rivalry game so it is always a tough challenge.

Hopefully Graham and Vernon pull through the remaining games and have a special game for the District Championship. (I can't remember if they play the last game or the 2nd to last game).

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2007, 07:50 AM
2nd to last

Dominicfrank
10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Vernon/Graham is just never an easy game for either team. McCoy seems to be pretty good and willbe here next year for maybe even a better Graham team, who knows but this year it is all about Vernon and Graham. Dont forget once this all ends we need to stick together during the playoffs.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Good comments Dominic- it is always nice to have teams in your district go as deep as possible in the playoffs.

KTA
10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Vernon/Graham is just never an easy game for either team. McCoy seems to be pretty good and willbe here next year for maybe even a better Graham team, who knows but this year it is all about Vernon and Graham. Dont forget once this all ends we need to stick together during the playoffs.

I hate you for this comment

because its the first thing ive ever agreed with thats came out of your mouth:clap:

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 11:02 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Can ya feel the love??

LOL

I can't tell if yall are serious or not, but so far nothing has been reported even though name calling is against the rules. :thinking: