PDA

View Full Version : Columbus - 21 West columbia - 14 OT

duke55
10-20-2007, 12:40 AM
suprising...columbus had their #1 QB and RB out and still won the game...i think columbus will come out as #1 or #2 in the district now that the players are comeing back. :thumbsup:

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 01:07 AM
My Take on the Columbus-Columbia Game.

As much as I hate to say it, Columbus deserved to win this game.

Very sloppy game with multiple TO's from each team....

Neither Beird(sp) or Carter played and they still won...

Bigups to the cards.....

We looked flat all night and that run right up the middle was gettin stuffed...

Columbus is Big and Physical but we had an oppurtunity to win this game 2 times and did not pull it out....

(4th and goal from the 1 in OT for Columbus, and we fumbled away our last possesion of regulation.)

anyway....

despite us both playing sloppy...

It was obvious that we were having a more difficult time moving the ball on the ground.....

Terrible officiating and 1 seriously questionable call

Columbus= 1 pen all game for Roughing the passer....

Should have had Mult. Holding penalties and that was interference if i ever seen it on that fade route to chad....

Also, How does Columbus get the ball when we come out of the pile with the football? (fumble late in 4th qt.)

Still cofusing to me.....

Anyway, one of the better games I have seen in a while and Good luck to the cards

Lets go get Needville this week!

carter08
10-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Chad was pushed on that last play. Pass interference, in the endzone, ball placed at the 1 or whatever. Should have been called. Horrible no-call by the refs.

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Reffing was def. one-sided

and if u look at the rushing stats, that tells the tale of this game

and 3 fumbles and a pic by us.... 4 TO's
but heres some stats

Columbia 00 07 00 07 00 14

Columbus 00 07 00 07 07 OT 21

Scoring summary:

Second Quarter

Columbus — David Jones, 3 run, (Jamie Strauss kick)

Columbia — Jeremy Williams, 3 run, (Carlos Paniagua kick)

Fourth Quarter

Columbia — Williams 2 run, (Paniagua kick)

Columbus — Stephen Appelt 53 pass from Barrett Wilde, (Strauss kick)

Columbia Columbus

First Downs 12 19

Rushes-yards 42-73 49-197

Passing-yards 137 97

Passes 13-15-1 5-5-0

Punts-average 2-31.5 0-0

Fumbles-lost 3-3 0-0

Penalties-yards 5-32 1-10

Records 3-4/3-1 6-1/3-1

Individual stats

Passing: (Columbia) Gray Raley 13-15, 137 yards-1;(Columbus) Barrett Wilde 5-5, 97 yards-0

Rushers: (Columbia) Jeremy Williams 13-28, Raley 4-17;(Columbus) Patrick Carter 16-49, David Jones 9-45

Receiving: (Columbia) Justin Peredo 4-51, Steven Matthews 2-24;(Columbus) Stephen Appelt 2-56, Clayton Bubak 3-51

Some of these stats aint right b/c

columbus did throw an int and a TD pass and neither shows up...

Raley was not 13-15...
he had atleast 4 incompletions

and Columbus had a fumble that doesnt show up( opening kickoff)

Anway Great indiviual games from Podo, Grantom
Steve, Peredo....

and a well managed game by Gray, just threw that one a lil bit to long.....

Our biggest thing was we were just flat the whole night and our crowd could never get into it.....

But despite evrything we hung in there and almost won....

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh, and I'll add that Columbus' stadium was the nicest 3A stadium I have ever been to

Very Nice place

carter08
10-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Oh, and I'll add that Columbus' stadium was the nicest 3A stadium I have ever been to

Very Nice place

agreed.

Went over to the home side at half time to do some videoing. Didn't get a chance to go in the press box, but you could tell that it was really nice.

JDOG
10-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I think the Dub will have a hard time making the playoffs now. That was a huge loss with the tough part of the schedule to go. Their backs are going to be against the wall.

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by JDOG
I think the Dub will have a hard time making the playoffs now. That was a huge loss with the tough part of the schedule to go. Their backs are going to be against the wall. Well, the Most important game is this week against the Ville

If we win, it would put us at 4-1 and them at 2-3 and we would go to the playoffs most likely...

but if we lose, were tied at 3-2

just need to take care of business

and I think we can beat Brookshire, so idk yet...

Alot riding on this week

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by duke55
suprising...columbus had their #1 QB and RB out and still won the game...i think columbus will come out as #1 or #2 in the district now that the players are comeing back. :thumbsup: that # 22 is no slouch btw...

kids a good runner... cant imagine what carter would be like....

this kid was runnin us over on some plays...

lots of missed tackles...

and body got an update on #17? (i wont use names)

(ankle injury)?

oh p.s.

we showed signs of brilliance with 18 and 14 play drives both ending in TD's..

we just couldnt put it all together tonight

neck_06
10-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Chad was pushed on that last play. Pass interference, in the endzone, ball placed at the 1 or whatever. Should have been called. Horrible no-call by the refs.

i've been there, that call will never be made at the end of the game unless its obvious....chad was pushing just as much as the corner.

the game should have never come down to overtime, Columbia played a sloppy 1st half and let a good Columbus team stick around waaay to long.

necks08
10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
that # 22 is no slouch btw...

kids a good runner... cant imagine what carter would be like....

this kid was runnin us over on some plays...

lots of missed tackles...

and body got an update on #17? (i wont use names)

(ankle injury)?

oh p.s.

we showed signs of brilliance with 18 and 14 play drives both ending in TD's..

we just couldnt put it all together tonight

I think his ankle is just a sprain but im not exactly sure but i know it hurts to have both starting linebackers out to hurt ankles in a big game like that i just hope we get them both back before needville

bobcat04
10-21-2007, 09:30 AM
This must have been a great game...Too bad someone has to lose. From what I'm reading here there is a lot of class coming from W.C. There's nothing better than after a great game the losing team doesnt spend a bunch of time complaining and talking about what ifs. Good luck to both of these teams!!!

zebrablue2
10-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i've been there, that call will never be made at the end of the game unless its obvious....chad was pushing just as much as the corner.

the game should have never come down to overtime, Columbia played a sloppy 1st half and let a good Columbus team stick around waaay to long.

well put. a game never comes down to one call at the end of the game. it is a bunch of things a team did't do during the game that puts them in that situation. good luck to the neck's next week.

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
well put. a game never comes down to one call at the end of the game. it is a bunch of things a team did't do during the game that puts them in that situation. good luck to the neck's next week. It wasn't one call that determined the game

but the call hes talking about was 4th down in OT and it was a pass to the endzone.....

so that was pretty imp.

but terrible officiating the whole game

it took the refs like 30 sec to spot the ball every play and they had to convene amongst themselves like 15 times fri night

We were gettin jipped on some spots and they absolutely refused to call a penalty on Columbus

AND

HOW IS IT THAT AFTER A FUMBLE, THEY AUTOMATICALLY GIVE THE BALL TO COLUMBUS, BUT WHEN THEY SORT THROUGH THE PILE, THERE ARE 3 COLUMBIA PPL ON THE FOOTBALL, NO COLUMBUS PPL....AND YET THEY GET IT?

WTH?

but other than that, i have no complaints......

We lost the game, but some things just werent right and ill leave it at that

zebrablue2
10-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I do friday night games. I also have been the stands and saw what you are talking about. seems some nights calls never go your way. ya'll still control your chance for the playoffs. go and put it on the jays this week, and all will be good. should be a great texas HS football game.

deer spotter
10-23-2007, 10:33 AM
It wasn't one call that determined the game

but the call hes talking about was 4th down in OT and it was a pass to the endzone.....

so that was pretty imp.

but terrible officiating the whole game

it took the refs like 30 sec to spot the ball every play and they had to convene amongst themselves like 15 times fri night

We were gettin jipped on some spots and they absolutely refused to call a penalty on Columbus

AND

HOW IS IT THAT AFTER A FUMBLE, THEY AUTOMATICALLY GIVE THE BALL TO COLUMBUS, BUT WHEN THEY SORT THROUGH THE PILE, THERE ARE 3 COLUMBIA PPL ON THE FOOTBALL, NO COLUMBUS PPL....AND YET THEY GET IT?

WTH?

but other than that, i have no complaints......

We lost the game, but some things just werent right and ill leave it at that

I hope you all never get the refs that called the Columbus/Brookshire game. They were horrible. I thought the game was called fair and they missed some calls on both sides. WC has a good team,just went in favor of Columbus that night. It would have been different if Colubus had their big guns up and running. Good luck in district.