PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell @ Giddings (merged)

orangeblood
10-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Who wins this game? Sorry everyone couldn't wait to start this.
28-17 Caldwell upsets #1 ranked Giddings.

navscanmaster
10-20-2007, 12:54 AM
It is going to take a lot of offense from Caldwell to come into Giddings' house and upset them. But, that is one thing that Caldwell has, is an unstoppable offense. How much yardage did the Hornet backs pile up against LaGrange?

I don't know how to guess this one at all. I'll just go with my gut feeling and say Caldwell 50-49 in overtime. If you would have been there in Navasota, Giddings actually looked beatable. Navasota grabbed the momentum a few times, but couldn't capitalize. If Caldwell can seize the momentum, I doubt they will fail to capitalize.

ProudHornetMom
10-20-2007, 01:07 AM
I have to go with our Hornets. I know Giddings is good. I know Giddings has Fitzhenry. I know Giddings is ranked #1. Facts are Facts. We may not be the biggest or baddest....but we've figured out what works. We're not last year's team or the team from 26 years ago or 2 years ago.

Caldwell's success isn't based on one player. Our success is because we have a coaching staff committed to coaching a running game with a group smart enough to play that running game and they buy into the understanding that it's a 100% team approach that wins games week in and week out. We have a strong offense because we have a talented quarterback who is a leader. We have an offensive line that is strong, smart , work well together and support each other. We have running backs who have natural talent but more importantly, they really don't have the dreaded "me"ism disease. Our defense is solid, reading offenses well and each week their attack mode improves steadily. Our special teams are focused and understand that special teams can make or break a game. Ask any of us, we can tell you of years of fear for any kicks, punts or returns. That's replaced with confidence. Our kicking game has steadily improved since the first of the year.

I've been watching Caldwell football for many years and have heard every football cliche there is about team work. All were good at talking the talk but not walking the walk. This year is different and it shows. For the first time in too many years to count...you don't hear blame for miscues or mistakes. You hear accountability and readiness to correct. Our quarterback more often than not deflects compliments to him and will talk about the good job of the offensive line and running backs. The running backs are cheering each other on...not whining that so-and-so got more playing time than me. You'll see the defense cheering on the offense and visa versa.

It's gelled for the Hornets this year. They trust that the coaches know what they are doing and that if they will do what the coaches tell them to, the plays will work and we will win. They trust each other to do what they need to do to make the plays or series work. And they support each other as a team.

Of course, this is from a mom's prespective..but for a mom, I'm pretty savy with football. The team thing may sound sappy but I don't care, it's what I see and it seems to be working. I don't want to minimize skill and talent, we have both...but it's the team thing that seems to stand out.

Friday night will have two teams with very different philosophies and approach and it will be a good game. I'm going to be a homer as y'all call it and vote for the Hornets. Giddings isn't Goliath and Caldwell isn't David.

P.S. I'm not a coach, coach's wife or quarterback mom. :D

Bull's-eye
10-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
If you would have been there in Navasota, Giddings actually looked beatable.

I was and totally agree they looked beatable. Giddings has a great running offense, but I wasn't impressed by their defense. If Caldwell can keep Fitzhenry in check (liked Navasota did), they will win this game. Playing at Giddings favors the Buffaloes, but I'm predicting a Caldwell victory.

Darren
10-20-2007, 06:31 AM
I still Have to go with Giddings with the homer pick.

However I will say that I hope that Giddings decides to start putting a halfback pass in the playbook or something in order to keep the Defense honest. It seems to get arrogant at some point saying you will not pass now try to stop me. And I think everyone I have spoken with in Giddings knows this we just aren't sure when the coaching staff will decide to make a change......

That being said with the game in Giddings I will take the Buffs by 7. I'm sure that Caldwell will play their hearts out and this game will be hyped up as the game of the week. But I think that Giddings takes care of business at home.

Darren
10-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Giddings has a great running offense, but I wasn't impressed by their defense.

I think that Holding Navasota to 14 is pretty dang good.

navscanmaster
10-20-2007, 07:47 AM
I still held my breath everytime Brock ran the option;) What happened to Alan Dock running the ball? Did they decide to keep him fresh for defense mainly?

Bull's-eye
10-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I think that Holding Navasota to 14 is pretty dang good.

Navasota definately left points off the scoreboard by dropping a sure TD pass, missing a FG and fumbling on their second drive. They also just missed out scoring right before half when they ran out of time. It looked to me that the Giddings defense had some trouble stopping the run. Didn't they give up over 500 yards to Hutto? They will get tested by a very good running team when they play Caldwell. Let's see what happens.

giddingsblazer2
10-20-2007, 08:39 AM
i think that the little giants could stop us.......we dont throw at all......why dont we just put our play up on the jumbotron and let everyone see it cuz i guarantee it will be a run......and i agree with canmaster....where is DOCK.....he is maybe our best "athlete" and you only let him touch the ball to punt???.....Caldwell will be an even tougher game than this and if giddings doesn't change something i will take caldwell in the upset.....27-20

Darren
10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Navasota definately left points off the scoreboard by dropping a sure TD pass, missing a FG and fumbling on their second drive. They also just missed out scoring right before half when they ran out of time. It looked to me that the Giddings defense had some trouble stopping the run. Didn't they give up over 500 yards to Hutto? They will get tested by a very good running team when they play Caldwell. Let's see what happens.

Giddings was missing some starters on Defense for the Hutto Game so its hard to compare that game.

Darren
10-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
i think that the little giants could stop us.......we dont throw at all......why dont we just put our play up on the jumbotron and let everyone see it cuz i guarantee it will be a run......and i agree with canmaster....where is DOCK.....he is maybe our best "athlete" and you only let him touch the ball to punt???.....Caldwell will be an even tougher game than this and if giddings doesn't change something i will take caldwell in the upset.....27-20

First off you must not be from Giddings.

However I do agree that Dock is the best player/athlete that Giddings has. And I agree we will have to throw 5-10 passes a game in order to have a chance at state this year. Even if an average Defense lines up 9 players in the box it makes it tough for even the best of offenses to run the ball.

pirate4state
10-20-2007, 11:16 AM
:eek: :eek: whoa....check out the poll results

Can't wait 'til Friday!! :thumbsup: Which side should I sit on? :D

Darren
10-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: whoa....check out the poll results

Can't wait 'til Friday!! :thumbsup: Which side should I sit on? :D

You might have a hard time finding a seat on either side...

R3Editor
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
:thinking: :thinking: My head is telling me Giddings in a shoot-out. Whoever has the last touchdown will likely win.

giddingsblazer2
10-20-2007, 12:22 PM
i do agree.....it is very hard to stop even with 9 guys in the box.....but rushing totals have dropped every week......something has to change....don't you agree.....at least keep them honest with a PA pass or something

pirate4state
10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
You might have a hard time finding a seat on either side... I'll be there super duper early

ProudHornetMom
10-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Come sit with the Hornets. We're a friendly, fun crowd.

buff4ever
10-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I have to go with our Hornets. I know Giddings is good. I know Giddings has Fitzhenry. I know Giddings is ranked #1. Facts are Facts. We may not be the biggest or baddest....but we've figured out what works. We're not last year's team or the team from 26 years ago or 2 years ago.

Caldwell's success isn't based on one player. Our success is because we have a coaching staff committed to coaching a running game with a group smart enough to play that running game and they buy into the understanding that it's a 100% team approach that wins games week in and week out. We have a strong offense because we have a talented quarterback who is a leader. We have an offensive line that is strong, smart , work well together and support each other. We have running backs who have natural talent but more importantly, they really don't have the dreaded "me"ism disease. Our defense is solid, reading offenses well and each week their attack mode improves steadily. Our special teams are focused and understand that special teams can make or break a game. Ask any of us, we can tell you of years of fear for any kicks, punts or returns. That's replaced with confidence. Our kicking game has steadily improved since the first of the year.

I've been watching Caldwell football for many years and have heard every football cliche there is about team work. All were good at talking the talk but not walking the walk. This year is different and it shows. For the first time in too many years to count...you don't hear blame for miscues or mistakes. You hear accountability and readiness to correct. Our quarterback more often than not deflects compliments to him and will talk about the good job of the offensive line and running backs. The running backs are cheering each other on...not whining that so-and-so got more playing time than me. You'll see the defense cheering on the offense and visa versa.

It's gelled for the Hornets this year. They trust that the coaches know what they are doing and that if they will do what the coaches tell them to, the plays will work and we will win. They trust each other to do what they need to do to make the plays or series work. And they support each other as a team.

Of course, this is from a mom's prespective..but for a mom, I'm pretty savy with football. The team thing may sound sappy but I don't care, it's what I see and it seems to be working. I don't want to minimize skill and talent, we have both...but it's the team thing that seems to stand out.

Friday night will have two teams with very different philosophies and approach and it will be a good game. I'm going to be a homer as y'all call it and vote for the Hornets. Giddings isn't Goliath and Caldwell isn't David.

Okay, I haven't read all of this thread yet, but i will respond to this one immediately. I can't tell if you are trying to buy votes in the poll or trying to keep talking confidence into your team and fans in fear that they will start to lose it in a moment like this one. I would understand, you are playing one of the top teams in the state and you want your team to believe in themselves.

gobbler grad
10-20-2007, 08:38 PM
The Buffs take the sting out of the Hornets...sorry Caldwell...not this time...:thinking:

buff4ever
10-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Okay, now I have read the whole thread, I won't talk much this week about this game b/c caldwell really seems to have it in for giddings right now and it seems they have made this their game of the year all year so far.

At least they have kept up the record to make it a fun week and great atmosphere. The point is that I don't think they have the defense to win this game. Look at their defensive stats on the year, and then look at some of their competition. Not so impressive anymore when you look back at who they played; Robinson, who got killed by la vega, and hutto who was without their RB the second half and hasn't won since. I can't think of anyone else they played, and that isn't a good thing for them. (for those of you that really want to know HEARNE 2A, SMITHVILLE and Oh yeah LG and their power house offense)

With all that being said, let's address this giddings defense some of you want to talk about. Granted, power run right at us isn't our strength and caldwell will do that, we have made the stops against this type of team when we had to. Navasota was a very good team and has a great offense with lots of talent, so much they sometimes don't know what to do with it. And, we held them to less than anyone all year. THAT IS WHY THEY WERE 5-1 coming into the game. They had put up some serious points thus far.

Lastly, caldwell IMO will not be able to stop our offense as much as we stop theirs, and I obviously take giddings in this one to keep rolling on. When the time comes I will take navasota over caldwell by 7.

ProudHornetMom
10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Not trying to buy votes for an informal football poll. I'm not sure what good that would do. And my post won't make the Hornets believe in themselves. They know they have community support. They believe in themselves because of what they do on the field as a team. I was just sharing my football mom opinion that Giddings seems to focus on one man and we focus on the team. ;)

buff4ever
10-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Not trying to buy votes for an informal football poll. I'm not sure what good that would do. And my post won't make the Hornets believe in themselves. They know they have community support. They believe in themselves because of what they do on the field as a team. I was just sharing my football mom opinion that Giddings seems to focus on one man and we focus on the team. ;)

Oh my gosh, I am going to have to revise my, "I will not talk much this week about this game" talk to more like this is my last post to the uneducated band waggon hoppers.

Please, before you go believing everything you hear, try and look up the facts. Last year your comment about our offense being about one player may have had some truth to it; but even though we haven't passed YET, it doesn't mean we are about one player. If you look at our play this year we give to the fullback A LOT more and we will pitch to the other runners as well, like brooks and dock and some sophmore backs as well. Some of this may be b/c defenses are keying on brock, but the fact remains we are using others in our offense. I would also like to add that there is and offesive line that works very hard to block for whoever has the ball, they are people too. Not to mention that our one player doesn't play defense, I wonder how in the heck other teams don't score every snap against us given we have no one else worth speaking of on our team. Mam, I want to fill you in that there is a side of the ball called defense and ours is better than yours.

I AM DONE.

winthebigone
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Okay, now I have read the whole thread, I won't talk much this week about this game b/c caldwell really seems to have it in for giddings right now and it seems they have made this their game of the year all year so far.

At least they have kept up the record to make it a fun week and great atmosphere. The point is that I don't think they have the defense to win this game. Look at their defensive stats on the year, and then look at some of their competition. Not so impressive anymore when you look back at who they played; Robinson, who got killed by la vega, and hutto who was without their RB the second half and hasn't won since. I can't think of anyone else they played, and that isn't a good thing for them. (for those of you that really want to know HEARNE 2A, SMITHVILLE and Oh yeah LG and their power house offense)

With all that being said, let's address this giddings defense some of you want to talk about. Granted, power run right at us isn't our strength and caldwell will do that, we have made the stops against this type of team when we had to. Navasota was a very good team and has a great offense with lots of talent, so much they sometimes don't know what to do with it. And, we held them to less than anyone all year. THAT IS WHY THEY WERE 5-1 coming into the game. They had put up some serious points thus far.

Lastly, caldwell IMO will not be able to stop our offense as much as we stop theirs, and I obviously take giddings in this one to keep rolling on. When the time comes I will take navasota over caldwell by 7.

Caldwell crushed both Robinson and Hutto. Let's get something straight...People have tried all year to poop on Caldwell's wins. Robinson has lost all three of their games to Celina (#3 in state), Caldwell (#10) and LaVega (#5). Robinson is a higher quality team than anyone Giddings has faced. Hutto is down and out because they lost three key players to injury IN the Caldwell game.

Caldwell made several personel changes on defense against LaGrange and they came out on fire. Six stops in the first half which led to 6 touchdowns. The special teams have been playing lights out. The Caldwell offense is averaging 450+ yards/game and 43 points. The defense has improved every game. Woe to the rest of 23-3A (and those beyond) when all three units peak.

Both teams will have to play a mistake free game to win. Turnovers will be the key. if either team gets the "fumble bug", they could get run out of the stadium. There could be a 1000 yards of offense and 100 points between the both of them.

buff4life
10-20-2007, 10:11 PM
okay first off...Navasota is a great football team..

second, Dexter Pratt will make any defense look bad, i promise, that kid is an athlete, he will make Caldwell's defense look average also...

the player that got hurt has a dislocated foot...his foot came out of the socket in his ankle...

but once again, just because a team doesn't blow everyone out, they're automatically BEATABLE, i didn't hear anyone say liberty hill was average and beatable after they beat rockdale by 12...but neway enough of that

Darren
10-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
i do agree.....it is very hard to stop even with 9 guys in the box.....but rushing totals have dropped every week......something has to change....don't you agree.....at least keep them honest with a PA pass or something

I agree 100 percent..... And I am sure that the coaching staff has heard this a thousand times.

I would hope that they have something drawn up and waiting to use it in a big game. I'm not sure if this is the right strategy but then again i'm not a coach.

Darren
10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I'll be there super duper early

Stop by and get your some fried fish at the cafeteria.

Darren
10-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Robinson is a higher quality team than anyone Giddings has faced.

This statement made me laugh...

If you had any credibility you lost it after saying that.

winthebigone
10-20-2007, 11:39 PM
This statement made me laugh...

If you had any credibility you lost it after saying that.

Robinson Rockets
Aug 31...Celina @ Pennington Field, Bedford, L 6-19
Sep 07...@ Fairfield, W 45-20
Sep 14...Kennedale, W 28-7
Sep 21...@ Caldwell, L 28-43
Sep 28...OPEN
Oct 05...@ Rockdale, W 21-0
Oct 12...Waco Connally*, W 21-14 OT
Oct 19...@ Waco La Vega*, L 0-35
Oct 26...China Spring*
Nov 02...Gatesville*
Nov 09...@ Lorena*

Giddings Buffaloes
Aug 31...@ Wimberley, W 55-21
Sep 07...Houston Kashmere, W 42-0
Sep 14...@ Hempstead, Forfeit by Hempstead
Sep 21...Hutto, W 55-35
Sep 28...Waco Midway, W 28-14
Oct 05...OPEN
Oct 12...@ La Grange*, W 35-7
Oct 19...@ Navasota*, W 21-14
Oct 26...Caldwell*
Nov 02...@ Bellville*
Nov 09...Smithville*

Who’s got the tougher schedule? Robinson would have been the toughest opponent the Buff’s would have had, had they had on their schedule

Robinson has faced: Celina (#3 team in state), Kennedale (hung 50+ points on 4-7 opponents this year), Caldwell (#10 team in state), and LaVega (#5 in state).
Caldwell took them to the woodshed.

Giddings has beaten a inner-city Houston school, a 4A whipping boy, and gotten a victory by forfeit. They have not been tested.

Does anybody that Giddings has beat have a winning record? Midway maybe..

Friday night will be enlightening for the residents of Giddings.

Caldwell 35
Giddings 21

orangeblood
10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
WOW! I must say it's only Saturday and it's already getting hot on the downlow. Every game Caldwell has won this year someone on this board has had an excuse for the team that lost even on the games that everyone figured we would win then suddenly those were weak teams. No dis-respect to any of the teams Giddings has played but with the exception of Navasota, Giddings hasn't really played anyone. Caldwell has played Rockdale & Robinson which are pretty good teams both should make the play-offs. And talk about playing 2a teams what about Hempstead, They wouldn't even play. At least Hearne lined up and played. Giddings defense may not be a one man show but please the offense is a one man show. The QB accounts for 95% of the yards and touchdowns. I'm sorry with out him Giddings offense would be average. Caldwell's offense is not limited to one player but several. The stats don't lie. No excuses for either team come 10:00 pm this Friday, the best team will have won without a doubt. I leave this thread with a few words to which everyone can take however they want.

OVERATED - EXPOSED - DISSAPOINTED

orangeblood
10-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh my gosh, I am going to have to revise my, "I will not talk much this week about this game" talk to more like this is my last post to the uneducated band waggon hoppers.

Please, before you go believing everything you hear, try and look up the facts. Last year your comment about our offense being about one player may have had some truth to it; but even though we haven't passed YET, it doesn't mean we are about one player. If you look at our play this year we give to the fullback A LOT more and we will pitch to the other runners as well, like brooks and dock and some sophmore backs as well. Some of this may be b/c defenses are keying on brock, but the fact remains we are using others in our offense. I would also like to add that there is and offesive line that works very hard to block for whoever has the ball, they are people too. Not to mention that our one player doesn't play defense, I wonder how in the heck other teams don't score every snap against us given we have no one else worth speaking of on our team. Mam, I want to fill you in that there is a side of the ball called defense and ours is better than yours.

I AM DONE.

Yeah, Hutto said the same thing. So what. It's time to play the game. No doubt Navasota was the toughest test Giddings has had and that almost didn't turn out good, WE READY..................

Daddy D 11
10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
giddings is going down :D

too bad Hutto probably wont make the playoffs...otherwise Giddings would have gotten to lose to the SLOT T for the second AND third times :p

bufflongago
10-21-2007, 04:18 AM
and for my first quote on here...i reserve my right to freedom of speech in saying go buffs...take it to the house and im ready to see the points fly...ill be there friday night watching yall do yall's thing...Buff's...dont let the words of small people take you down...yall deserve your ranking and will continue to do good throughout the season...money mike out

gtownfan
10-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Robinson Rockets
Aug 31...Celina @ Pennington Field, Bedford, L 6-19
Sep 07...@ Fairfield, W 45-20
Sep 14...Kennedale, W 28-7
Sep 21...@ Caldwell, L 28-43
Sep 28...OPEN
Oct 05...@ Rockdale, W 21-0
Oct 12...Waco Connally*, W 21-14 OT
Oct 19...@ Waco La Vega*, L 0-35
Oct 26...China Spring*
Nov 02...Gatesville*
Nov 09...@ Lorena*

Giddings Buffaloes
Aug 31...@ Wimberley, W 55-21
Sep 07...Houston Kashmere, W 42-0
Sep 14...@ Hempstead, Forfeit by Hempstead
Sep 21...Hutto, W 55-35
Sep 28...Waco Midway, W 28-14
Oct 05...OPEN
Oct 12...@ La Grange*, W 35-7
Oct 19...@ Navasota*, W 21-14
Oct 26...Caldwell*
Nov 02...@ Bellville*
Nov 09...Smithville*

Who’s got the tougher schedule? Robinson would have been the toughest opponent the Buff’s would have had, had they had on their schedule

Robinson has faced: Celina (#3 team in state), Kennedale (hung 50+ points on 4-7 opponents this year), Caldwell (#10 team in state), and LaVega (#5 in state).
Caldwell took them to the woodshed.

Giddings has beaten a inner-city Houston school, a 4A whipping boy, and gotten a victory by forfeit. They have not been tested.

Does anybody that Giddings has beat have a winning record? Midway maybe..

Friday night will be enlightening for the residents of Giddings.

Caldwell 35
Giddings 21

Not sure why you comparing the Giddings schedule to Robinson. I guess your trying to prove that Robinson is a great team, since it is the only team that Caldwell played with a winning record (Rockdale 2-6, Hearne (2a) 3-5, Robinson 4-3, Hutto (after the injuries hit) 3-4, Smithville 2-5, La Grange 2-4).

I see a lot of quality wins there. Not!!

For the record, Giddings beat Navasota 5-2 (they will be a 32-3A playoff team), Midway 4-3 (they have chance at the playoffs in a 4A district that has Waco and Corpus Cove in it) and Hutto (pre-injury bug). Hutto had beat 2 4a schools and a currently 6-1 Gonzales team prior to the Giddings game.

So neither team has faced a ton of top notch talent. But I don't see Caldwell's schedule being head and shoulders above what Giddings has played.

I say Giddings by 7.

1st and goal
10-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Can someone explain to me why this isn't the game of the week?

navscanmaster
10-21-2007, 07:06 AM
R3editor had to appease the necks! J/K! But Needville and Columbia actually has playoff implications though, where as Caldwell and Giddings are both going, and both going D2, barring a major meltdown by either one.

R3Editor
10-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Can someone explain to me why this isn't the game of the week?
Giddings has been game of the week twice already this season. :) Caldwell will have one soon.

winthebigone
10-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Not sure why you comparing the Giddings schedule to Robinson. I guess your trying to prove that Robinson is a great team, since it is the only team that Caldwell played with a winning record (Rockdale 2-6, Hearne (2a) 3-5, Robinson 4-3, Hutto (after the injuries hit) 3-4, Smithville 2-5, La Grange 2-4).

For the record, Giddings beat Navasota 5-2 (they will be a 32-3A playoff team), Midway 4-3 (they have chance at the playoffs in a 4A district that has Waco and Corpus Cove in it) and Hutto (pre-injury bug). Hutto had beat 2 4a schools and a currently 6-1 Gonzales team prior to the Giddings game.

So neither team has faced a ton of top notch talent. But I don't see Caldwell's schedule being head and shoulders above what Giddings has played.

I say Giddings by 7.

Caldwell will have played more playoff bound teams when it is all said and done.

BTW: Wimberly, suppossedly a big win for the Buffs, is 1-6.

LaGrange had the #1 defense in the district when they played both Caldwell and Giddings. Giddings scored 35, Caldwell scored 42 (in the first half). Giddings allowed 7 points to Caldwell's 14 against the Leopards. The game will be a two touchdown spread.

Still predicting:

Caldwell 35
Gididngs 21

necks_c/09
10-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Caldwell will have played more playoff bound teams when it is all said and done.

BTW: Wimberly, suppossedly a big win for the Buffs, is 1-6.

LaGrange had the #1 defense in the district when they played both Caldwell and Giddings. Giddings scored 35, Caldwell scored 42 (in the first half). Giddings allowed 7 points to Caldwell's 14 against the Leopards. The game will be a two touchdown spread.

Still predicting:

Caldwell 35
Gididngs 21 Team A beat Team B by 7 and Team B beat Team C by 7

So Team A will beat Team C by 14 huh?

Who cares?

Every game is different, Maybe LaGrange had their worst game against Caldwell, maybe they had a terrible game against the Buffs

You don't know...

Your arguement has no merit

I said the same thing when Columbus-Needville played

Needville had played a tougher non-district,

But Columbus Won...

It doesn't matter....

The team that comes to play will win, its that simple....

formermbcouns
10-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Giddings

Runnin Panther
10-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Giddings will go down to another Slot T team, they can’t stop it. Caldwell has what LH has going for them the power of the TEAM. While Giddings live and die on the legs of Fitzhenry stop him and you got them beat.

edited your private messages are turned off so i'll tell you here - read rule #3 and remember that these are all STUDENT/ATHLETES!! If you have something against someone this is NOT the board to air out on!

pirate4state
10-21-2007, 11:26 AM
If some of you can't discuss this game without taking shots at players you will be banned from discussing this game!

orangeblood
10-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan

I say Giddings by 7.

See, nobody from Caldwell ever said our schedule was more difficult than Giddings....

giddingsblazer2
10-21-2007, 11:37 AM
stopping fitzhenry is all you have to do huh......well if caldwell plans on stopping our offense they will have to stop DOCK who didnt touch the ball at all last week on O.....and also our fullback JENKE.....he is a cornfed monster.......and a tough one at that....

Cameron Crazy
10-21-2007, 11:38 AM
If Caldwell shuts down the running game, as navasota did, you will have a run with the buffs.

LETS GO CALDWELL!!

Runnin Panther
10-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Sorry….I don’t have anything against Fitzhenry is was just an observation. In my opinion the QB keeps the ball most of the time, stop him and Caldwell will win.

Runnin Panther
10-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Dock is a great athlete. If Giddings distributes the ball around it could be a tough night for Caldwell.

ProudHornetMom
10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Buff4ever wrote "Last year your comment about our offense being about one player may have had some truth to it; but even though we haven't passed YET, it doesn't mean we are about one player."

First, I wasn't a member last year and posted zero comments last year. And no, I haven't been on this board under any other names. Second, I'm glad that Giddings members are NOW mentioning other members of their team.

Have a great week and relax a little on all this. It's an informal poll and opinions. ;)

buff4life
10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Sorry….I don’t have anything against Fitzhenry is was just an observation. In my opinion the QB keeps the ball most of the time, stop him and Caldwell will win.

well your opinion isn't very well based...maybe you should have a clue before you offer "insight"

buff4life
10-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Buff4ever wrote "Last year your comment about our offense being about one player may have had some truth to it; but even though we haven't passed YET, it doesn't mean we are about one player."

First, I wasn't a member last year and posted zero comments last year. And no, I haven't been on this board under any other names. Second, I'm glad that Giddings members are NOW mentioning other members of their team.

Have a great week and relax a little on all this. It's an informal poll and opinions. ;)

Amen...offer insight...but don't try to base that this team is better than the other becausea performance against another opponent or how many yards a defense gave up against opponents, some have different offenses and they are more readily stopped than others...Giddings deserves their #1 ranking without a doubt, and Caldwell deserves their top ten ranking also, it will be proven who's better on friday and then there will more than likely be a rematch in the playoffs...

BUT with that being said, Brock is a big part of our offense YES, but don't let the thought enter your mind that he is our ONLY offense, that is simple minded, there are other weapons that are utilized greatly, and to whatever homer posted that Brock is 95% of our offense, that would mean he has 2000 yards rushing already am i correct, but wait he doesn't

buff4life
10-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I

just out of curisiosity where do you see two different philosophies?

aren't these the two top rushing teams in the state, or close to it?

buff4life
10-21-2007, 01:54 PM
an ineresting note though...i would say the winner of this game has a much tougher road in the playoffs...

the winner will have to play WOS and Waco LaVega, while the loser will be in the mix with Rockdale, Robinson, and Diboll, and they D24 winner

Runnin Panther
10-21-2007, 02:44 PM
NAME......................ATT................YDS.. ...........TD
Brock Fitzhenry ......136.................1116.............18
Shane Jenke.............68.................473.......... .....2
Alan Dock................17.................237........ .......4
Quinn Taylor............16.................163.......... ..... 2
CJ Brooks.................17................141...... .........1
David Bradshaw..........3..................23........... ....1
Brite.........................1..................1 1................-
TEAM TOTALS...........258..............2164............ .28

Oh, my gosh I think I might have found a clue…. The stats don’t lie, I would say that the QB carries the ball more than, a fair share of the time.

buff4life
10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
ok 50 % of the time...i'm glad you put the stats to show your were wrong...you said all the time..and by the way ITS A READ Offense...geez

EAGLETOWN
10-21-2007, 03:54 PM
"IF" you can stop Fitzhenry has got to be close to the most accurate post but it should actually be more like "IF" you can stop the Buffs Offense.

This was proven last year against LH.

It is a read offense for those that don't know.

I know Brock keeps it a lot, but most of the time it is because the defense allows it.

There is only one team the past two years that have stopped the Buffs offense and it was WOS.

I would have to say that WOS did a good job of stopping Brock and the Buff Offense.

LH did not stop Giddings as much as just out scoring them.

They did manage a pretty good job of it in the first half as well as injuring Brock after a play was whistled dead, but almost lost the game in the second to Giddings back up.

I thought Giddings played the better game that day just because they lost Brock and still almost beat the future state champs with their back up.

But none the less LH did win and they are the current State Champs.

Old Tiger
10-21-2007, 03:56 PM
All I am seeing is a bunch of "IF" situations. Just quit whining and let those kids settle it on the field.

Daddy D 11
10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

They did manage a pretty good job of it in the first half as well as injuring Brock after a play was whistled dead, but almost lost the game in the second to Giddings back up.

I thought Giddings played the better game that day just because they lost Brock and still almost beat the future state champs with their back up.

:D

Old Tiger
10-21-2007, 04:46 PM
"IF" you can stop Fitzhenry has got to be close to the most accurate post but it should actually be more like "IF" you can stop the Buffs Offense.

I know Brock keeps it a lot, but most of the time it is because the defense allows it.

There is only one team the past two years that have stopped the Buffs offense and it was WOS.

I would have to say that WOS did a good job of stopping Brock and the Buff Offense.

But none the less LH did win and they are the current State Champs. LH dominated giddings. made it closer looking than what it was with garbage points.

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2007, 05:02 PM

1) 28-0 after 3 quarters....
2) I invite you to watch the game film....no late hit there. I've watched it numerous times.
3) THAT day Giddings played a better game without Brock on the field.

That game was 10 1/2 months ago. I think it's time to move on.

CHS_CG
10-21-2007, 05:13 PM

I as well was at the game.. there was no late hit.... like LHPM said that was 10 1/2 months ago... get over it and let it go.

Caldwell has a really good chance to be able to stop Giddings and take the win home. I gotta quote Txbroadcaster here " If caldwell can beat robinson it will be the upset of 3a".. and guess what after everybody counted us out what did we do.. we beat them. I actually kinda agree with casey, stop fighting with each other and let the kids battle it out Friday night... NONE of us (inless you happen to be a player) have any outcome on the game so bashing each other back and forth isnt going to do any good.

Old Tiger
10-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I as well was at the game.. there was no late hit.... like LHPM said that was 9 1/2 months ago... get over it and let it go.

DDaaaaaang T....don't get em like that!

buff4life
10-21-2007, 05:26 PM
whether it was late or not...he prolly shouldn't have been on the field for a kickoff anyway...how or whatever happened that he got hit in the knee i don't know and don't care because we would have lost either way...we were outplayed but thats last year and this is this year, Giddings comes out at home ready after not playing there in over a month, it will be a great atmosphere and a great game Giddings by 10, we have a good FG kicker for a reason...lol :D

Old Tiger
10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
whether it was late or not...he prolly shouldn't have been on the field for a kickoff anyway...how or whatever happened that he got hit in the knee i don't know and don't care because we would have lost either way...we were outplayed but thats last year and this is this year, Giddings comes out at home ready after not playing there in over a month, it will be a great atmosphere and a great game Giddings by 10, we have a good FG kicker for a reason...lol :D see ya friday bro. going to the fish fry?

buff4life
10-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
see ya friday bro. going to the fish fry?

I don't know, i might, i'll have to see what kind of food i'm in the mood for...lol

wtxfootball08
10-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Who wins this game? Sorry everyone couldn't wait to start this.
28-17 Caldwell upsets #1 ranked Giddings.

which teams the buffaloes, giddings?

bobcat04
10-21-2007, 07:09 PM
We are going to find out a lot about Caldwell after this game is over. Giddings has proven themselves. Both teams run the ball extremely well. I'll pick Giddings in a lower score than expected game. 28-14.

HEMOTOXIC
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
This game should be as equally or better than the Giddings v Navasota matchup. Giddings defence is good; however, I did notice that they had trouble stoping the run and their CB's played average. After some halftime adjustments, both teams came out on defence playing a notch better. As mentioned earlier, Navasota has alot of talent, but sometimes the right calls are not called. In the game vs Giddings, the Rattlers QB had all the time in the world to get passes off. Why the coaches opted not to throw more passes was odd to saw the least. Now, not to take anything from Giddings, the Buffs have a solid program. Why should the Buffs stop doing (the run) what has worked. Hopefully, they will or can throw the ball too when needed.

Caldwell, it is not a secrete that you have to stop the Giddings QB and their run attack. On offence, be selective and challege Giddings CB's and S's. If this game comes down to ball possession, Giddings does a good job of hanging on to the ball and getting first downs. So, the key will be not to have any turnover because you will pay. Giddings is the most experienced team in district 23-3a. For this reason, I think that Giddings will rise to the occasion and prevail at home.

Darren
10-21-2007, 08:43 PM
All I am seeing is a bunch of "IF" situations. Just quit whining and let those kids settle it on the field.

Agreed

Darren
10-21-2007, 08:47 PM
This post is going to get ugly as the week goes on.....

I guess we will just have to wait until Friday night to pass judgement on way or another. Might have a rematch in the playoffs.........

sabre1
10-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Should the be considered Region III Game of the Week?

How Can the game between the #1 and the #8 teams in 3a not be the game of the week. Whether you are a Hornet or a Buffalo you got to agree. Both teams 7-0, district title on the line, whatelse can you asked for?

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 06:03 AM
:wave: thread :wave:

CHS_CG
10-22-2007, 06:52 AM
I will tell you I know for a fact the game isnt a GoTW bc of the fact Giddings JUST had GoTW and this game isnt gunna knock somebody out of the play offs...

None the lessits gunna be a GREAT game! GO HORNETS!

Darren
10-22-2007, 07:19 AM
Probably not going to happen....

It will be a good game.

Darren
10-22-2007, 07:34 AM
I guess I want to see some heated discussion on this topic so I am bringing it back to the front.......

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Should or should - it doesn't matter. Giddings was JUST GotW for the second time this season.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 08:29 AM
I AM DONE.
Oh, come on. I've never known you to back down from a Mom. ;)

buffalo2006
10-22-2007, 09:49 AM
First of all no pregame painting at the other team fieldhouse. Though I thought it was funny and spiced up the last time Caldwell played at Giddings, It was such a pain painting over that before fans got there to see how immature some people were acting.

Second, obviously Navasota was concerned about Brock and when they would run the veer Brock would be able to READ that and Jenke would run 5yds before anyone would touch him and sometimes he would be runnning so low he would just fall down w/o being touched. So basically the only way to stop Giddings is to hope Brock makes a wrong READ and you have the overall speed to stop them.READ So it is all about the READ and not about Brock or Dock or Jenke just learn how to make him make the wrong READ

Third, I think it is going to be a good game. Close until the end, Artega makes a deciding 40 yard FG in last 2 minutes

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Ok I’m new to this site and I feel like I touched a nerve with everyone and I’m not sure why. My original claim, which I stick by is stop Frizhenry. It is the key to beating Giddings. Any coach worth a grain of salt knows this. And I think most of the defensive coaches around here have plenty of salt. I saw Giddings play against us last year and couple of time on film this year. Frizhenry is going to carry the ball more than 50% of the time and approximately 2/3 of the time when running the option. This is not a bad thing is just the teams offensive tendency. Everybody knows Frizhenry is going to pack the ball and still most teams can’t stop him. Again the key to winning is stopping Frizhenry, force Giddings out of their game plan and make them beat you with someone else.

LH knew this, they worked on keying Frizhenry all week in practice. We stuttered when he went out because it forced us out of our game plan and we were having to do a lot of game time adjustments in the second half.

I got reprimanded by one of the monitors on this site for saying this earlier but Frizhenry is a gamer and hungry for the ball. He wants to pack it every play, that is a good thing, you want your backs to have this attitude.

What I don’t understand is why Giddings fans have a problem with this. I don’t know why they don’t say….you know he going to pack the ball and you still can’t stop him.

I wonder if Frizhenry feels bad when his own fans are trying to dodge his contribution to the team. I’m not trying to upset anyone, I just don’t understand why this is such a touchy subject.

So what’s the deal Giddings fans where is the love for your boy Frizhenry?

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
What surprises me is that Dock has only carried the ball 17 times this year. Could this be right? I know he plays defense but man he is such a great athlete.

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok I’m new to this site and I feel like I touched a nerve with everyone and I’m not sure why. My original claim, which I stick by is stop Frizhenry. It is the key to beating Giddings. Any coach worth a grain of salt knows this. And I think most of the defensive coaches around here have plenty of salt. I saw Giddings play against us last year and couple of time on film this year. Frizhenry is going to carry the ball more than 50% of the time and approximately 2/3 of the time when running the option. This is not a bad thing is just the teams offensive tendency. Everybody knows Frizhenry is going to pack the ball and still most teams can’t stop him. Again the key to winning is stopping Frizhenry, force Giddings out of their game plan and make them beat you with someone else.

LH knew this, they worked on keying Frizhenry all week in practice. We stuttered when he went out because it forced us out of our game plan and we were having to do a lot of game time adjustments in the second half.

I got reprimanded by one of the monitors on this site for saying this earlier but Frizhenry is a gamer and hungry for the ball. He wants to pack it every play, that is a good thing, you want your backs to have this attitude.

What I don’t understand is why Giddings fans have a problem with this. I don’t know why they don’t say….you know he going to pack the ball and you still can’t stop him.

I wonder if Frizhenry feels bad when his own fans are trying to dodge his contribution to the team. I’m not trying to upset anyone, I just don’t understand why this is such a touchy subject.

So what’s the deal Giddings fans where is the love for your boy Frizhenry?

I don't have a problem with you discussing the game, but your earlier post leaned as more of a "dig" of the player. Not something that we allow on here. In this post you have asked valid questions that may or may not get answered.

If it starts to get personal it won't last long.

Runnin Panther
10-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Again I’m sorry. It did not come out as it was intended. I was not trying to personally attack anyone. It was a reminder that you can’t here tone on these message boards, I will be more careful from now on.

Bull's-eye
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I agree that stopping (slowing) Fitzhenry is the key to defeating Giddings. Yes, I know they have other great players and they aren't a one man show. I'm not sure what adjustments Navasota made, but their defense did a great job after the first couple of series. Giddings looked unstoppable during their first 2 drives and I was thinking it would be a long night for the Rattlers. Fitzhenry still had a good game, but Navasota kept him somewhat in check and limited him from breaking those long runs.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
I agree that stopping (slowing) Fitzhenry is the key to defeating Giddings. Yes, I know they have other great players and they aren't a one man show. I'm not sure what adjustments Navasota made, but their defense did a great job after the first couple of series. Giddings looked unstoppable during their first 2 drives and I was thinking it would be a long night for the Rattlers. Fitzhenry still had a good game, but Navasota kept him somewhat in check and limited him from breaking those long runs.

In my opinion, Giddings went away from a good game plan...

the first two drives we went up the middle mostly for 6 yards a play or so...after that we decided to try to run around the defense running an option outside with a pitch man instead of a pure FB/QB option which seems to work great everytime we do run it...this play involves everything in between the tackle with two lead blockers for brock...but that is my honest humble opinion from the stands, and the coaches probably know better...

but hats off to Navasota, they will give Caldwell a good game also!!

UPanIN
10-22-2007, 01:46 PM
The Rattlers played very well Friday night and I have to think maybe Giddings didn't bring their "A" game. The young man getting hurt early may have had some effect on them. I hope he is doing well.

Maybe the Rattlers are that good though. The Rattlers are starting to prove that they might be the sleeper in 3A this year.

If Caldwell plays error free ball they beat Giddings. Giddings has a very good team but can be beat because of their defense. This may be the only chance left for Giddings to be defeated in dist play.

Caldwell 38
Giddings 35

strike hard
10-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Caldwell by 17

buff4life
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by strike hard
Caldwell by 17

no chance of either team winning by 17 barring a major debacle...

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
THIS GAME IS GOING TO COME DOWN TO COACHING AND IMO THAT EXPERIENCE IN COACHING GOES TO GIDDINGS BECAUSE FITZHENRY HAS COACHED IN BIGGER GAMES THAN THIS WITH GIDDINGS. CALDWELL'S COACH ISN'T USED TO THESE KIND OF GAMES AND WILL LOSE IT FOR THE TEAM DUE TO PLAYCALLING.

Giddings 35
Caldwell 17

buff4life
10-22-2007, 02:54 PM
THIS GAME IS GOING TO COME DOWN TO COACHING AND IMO THAT EXPERIENCE IN COACHING GOES TO GIDDINGS BECAUSE FITZHENRY HAS COACHED IN BIGGER GAMES THAN THIS WITH GIDDINGS. CALDWELL'S COACH ISN'T USED TO THESE KIND OF GAMES AND WILL LOSE IT FOR THE TEAM DUE TO PLAYCALLING.

Giddings 35
Caldwell 17

casey you have great insight...did the nachos help?

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I just woke up so my mind is free.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 02:56 PM
I just woke up so my mind is free.

lucky...wish i could do that..class and homework suck

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
lucky...wish i could do that..class and homework suck I got a sociology test tonight and a microbiology test tomorrow:(

buff4life
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I got a sociology test tonight and a microbiology test tomorrow:(

and you just woke up? wow your brave...

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
and you just woke up? wow your brave... Sociology is just like essay form so that is easy but the micro test will kill me and i'll be up all night studying.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Sociology is just like essay form so that is easy but the micro test will kill me and i'll be up all night studying.

NO DOUBT...i think i'm eating fish with you on friday...

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 03:01 PM
NO DOUBT...i think i'm eating fish with you on friday... Nice....better have ketchup there.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Nice....better have ketchup there.

Knowing the Giddings cafeteria...i hope so lol...

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Knowing the Giddings cafeteria...i hope so lol... lol...I don't work that night so we should buy a case of water.

buff4life
10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
lol...I don't work that night so we should buy a case of water.

water sounds good lol...

winthebigone
10-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Giddings 35
Caldwell 17

The Caldwell coaching staff did its homework, ditching an enemic offense ('05) and cranking out the slot-T ('06 and now '07). they went to all the guru's and found a plan that works for Caldwell's talent. Defensively they are just now hitting stride. They had several kids, who had left the football program, come back after 2 years. Most of these have gone to the defensive side of the ball and have needed the first six games just to catch up with "Friday night game speed". The Hornet players have done what it takes in the weight room, since last season, to play two halfs of football each night. I'd say the coaching staff has done what it has had to do to get them to this situation. The team believes in what they are doing, and will not be denied. Giddings couldn't stop Liberty Hill in December and will not stop Caldwell on Friday.

Caldwell 35
Giddings 21

sicem74
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
caldwell wins 21-20

down by 20 in the first half and comes back to win it in a thriller

21-20.hahaha

orangeblood
10-22-2007, 08:21 PM
I had a dream it was already Friday, but I woke up and found out is was still just Monday.

Just wishing Friday was here............

buff4life
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
The Caldwell coaching staff did its homework, ditching an enemic offense ('05) and cranking out the slot-T ('06 and now '07). they went to all the guru's and found a plan that works for Caldwell's talent. Defensively they are just now hitting stride. They had several kids, who had left the football program, come back after 2 years. Most of these have gone to the defensive side of the ball and have needed the first six games just to catch up with "Friday night game speed". The Hornet players have done what it takes in the weight room, since last season, to play two halfs of football each night. I'd say the coaching staff has done what it has had to do to get them to this situation. The team believes in what they are doing, and will not be denied. Giddings couldn't stop Liberty Hill in December and will not stop Caldwell on Friday.

Caldwell 35
Giddings 21

seems like it doesn't matter what Giddings did or does before the game...Caldwell will dominate because of opinionated "intangibles" i don't get it..

Caldwell might score 35, different defensive coordinator for Giddings...but Giddings WILL score more than 21...

buff4life
10-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
caldwell wins 21-20

down by 20 in the first half and comes back to win it in a thriller

21-20.hahaha

no that would only happen at "Homer" field in Cameron...

besides the fact that is 2 years ago now...mr. first round exit

orangeblood
10-22-2007, 11:24 PM
I know this topic was on another thread but wanted to get this one back to the front. BF = 1man show, Everyone says it. I just want everyone that says it to know I wouldn't mind if he was a Hornet.

Old Tiger
10-22-2007, 11:25 PM
no that would only happen at "Homer" field in Cameron...

besides the fact that is 2 years ago now...mr. first round exit Damn Derrick Evans!

State_In_08
10-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Giddings looked more than beatable in Navasota last Friday night, but whether that was the fact that they actually are beatable or that Navasota has improved that much remains to be seen.

We'll definitely see in this game if Dock has his defense on point against the Hornet rushing attack, boasting Region III #1 rusher Xavier Canto.

I think the Hornets leave this game with a victory, but not by much... 24-21. Don't celebrate too long because they could get caught off guard next week when they take a trip down to Rattler Stadium to face those much improved Navasota Rattlers.

Darren
10-23-2007, 07:41 AM
The game is getting closer........

Darren
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
When does Caldwell play Navasota?

navscanmaster
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Next Friday in Navasota.

Darren
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Next Friday in Navasota.

That will be a good game...

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-23-2007, 08:59 AM
I think Caldwell will win by a few, but in the end theres goung to be one less undefeated team in the state.

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
The Hornets will win. The Caldwell defense has been getting stronger each game and the offense, well, what can you say...when you average 43 points a game, it's going to take the whole town of Giddings to stop them.

Caldwell 42 Giddings 21.

Rule #76
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Are you guaranteeing a victory by the Hornets?

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I can't guarantee a win because I am not one of the players or coaches. But I can guarantee that the Hornets will come out with more intensity, more determination and more teamwork than Giddings. The Caldwell football team is just that, a team. We have two of the top running backs in the state, and both of them are glad when the other gets the ball and gains yardage. They don't complain if their number is not called, they encourage their team and support the efforts of their teammates.

If you are at the game Friday night, watch the sidelines when you can. There is nothing but support and enthusiasm. The defense pumps up the offense and vice versa. If Giddings scores, the offense is not going to get down on their defense, they are going to support them. If we are forced to punt (which does not happen very often) our D will go back on the field and get the ball back for the O.

Giddings has some talented athletes, but they depend too much on one piece of that talent. Surely everyone here has heard the saying, HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT FAILS TO WORK HARD. The Hornets work hard day in and day out. It would be easy for a team that averages 43 points a game to slack up a little and think they don't have to work as hard, but that does not happen. They work hard for every yard, every point, every turnover, and every tackle.

I don't know about the Giddings players, but the Caldwell players are not only teammates, they are friends. Most of these guys have grown up together since kindergarten. Some of them left the football program for a couple of years, and when they decided to come back and play, there were no hard feelings, no one complaining that, hey, that kid has not played for two years and now he's on the field. They support each other in every aspect of life, not just football.

No one can guarantee a win, but I can guarantee that no matter what the scoreboard says when the clock ticks down to zero in the 4th quarter on Friday night, Caldwell will be the winners of the battle. Everyone will know who the better team is, no matter what the final score is.

Rule #76
10-23-2007, 10:50 AM
I think I might cry!!

Spoken like a mom who doesn't know much about FOOTBALL!! I doubt if you look at the Giddings sideline you will see fighting amongst the team or bickering at one another. You have no way of knowing if Caldwell works harder than Giddings or any other team throughout the week. It is nice to see Caldwell doing well, but save us the "no matter what the scoreboard shows, everyone will know who the better team is."

Accoding to what your saying, Giddings shouldn't even play. Even if they win, they lose.

So I guess Giddings can say that even though Liberty Hill beat them on the scoreboard, they are still the better team. Sorry, Liberty Hill was the better team. They are the #1 team in the state until proven otherwise. Its too bad their won't be a rematch. Good luck to both teams though.

Is Bode playing football anywhere?

buff4life
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
I can't guarantee a win because I am not one of the players or coaches. But I can guarantee that the Hornets will come out with more intensity, more determination and more teamwork than Giddings. The Caldwell football team is just that, a team. We have two of the top running backs in the state, and both of them are glad when the other gets the ball and gains yardage. They don't complain if their number is not called, they encourage their team and support the efforts of their teammates.

If you are at the game Friday night, watch the sidelines when you can. There is nothing but support and enthusiasm. The defense pumps up the offense and vice versa. If Giddings scores, the offense is not going to get down on their defense, they are going to support them. If we are forced to punt (which does not happen very often) our D will go back on the field and get the ball back for the O.

Giddings has some talented athletes, but they depend too much on one piece of that talent. Surely everyone here has heard the saying, HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT FAILS TO WORK HARD. The Hornets work hard day in and day out. It would be easy for a team that averages 43 points a game to slack up a little and think they don't have to work as hard, but that does not happen. They work hard for every yard, every point, every turnover, and every tackle.

I don't know about the Giddings players, but the Caldwell players are not only teammates, they are friends. Most of these guys have grown up together since kindergarten. Some of them left the football program for a couple of years, and when they decided to come back and play, there were no hard feelings, no one complaining that, hey, that kid has not played for two years and now he's on the field. They support each other in every aspect of life, not just football.

No one can guarantee a win, but I can guarantee that no matter what the scoreboard says when the clock ticks down to zero in the 4th quarter on Friday night, Caldwell will be the winners of the battle. Everyone will know who the better team is, no matter what the final score is.

so mrs. homeristic mom...when have you seen Giddings so say that all the of the attributes you say Caldwell has prefected so well that Giddings doesn't have better...i promise you Giddings will come out with more intensity, more talent, better teamwork, and a better score...

keep saying all of these things will beat Giddings, it won't happen, and by the way DOck will be the rock to slow down if not stop the Caldwell rushing attack...i would put Brock up there also

you seem to think Giddings is like the evil empire or something....just beware, but your right, we WILL know who the better team is by the end of the night

buff4life
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
I think I might cry!!

Spoken like a mom who doesn't know much about FOOTBALL!! I doubt if you look at the Giddings sideline you will see fighting amongst the team or bickering at one another. You have no way of knowing if Caldwell works harder than Giddings or any other team throughout the week. It is nice to see Caldwell doing well, but save us the "no matter what the scoreboard shows, everyone will know who the better team is."

Accoding to what your saying, Giddings shouldn't even play. Even if they win, they lose.

So I guess Giddings can say that even though Liberty Hill beat them on the scoreboard, they are still the better team. Sorry, Liberty Hill was the better team. They are the #1 team in the state until proven otherwise. Its too bad their won't be a rematch. Good luck to both teams though.

Is Bode playing football anywhere?

add his comments on to mine!!!

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Funny how you have to make a dig at me "not knowing much about football" to make Giddings look better.

I know enough about football to know that when the qb is actually the top running back on the team (spare me with the thats not possible line I am sure you will come back with) then the team is beatable. Controlling the qb is possible, Navasota proved that last week.

I am not going to get into a banter with you...my post (yes sarcastically I know) almost made you cry...maybe that is because the Buffaloes don't have the heart to win this game, but I know the Hornets do.

Giddings has talented players and a great record. I am not taking anything away from those facts. The stats are posted after every game and the numbers speak for themselves. I don't have to go watch a Giddings football game to know what they have and what they don't...I am sure you football boys know that!

Whoever wins the game on the scoreboard will deserve the win, no doubt about that. I think an upset is in the making, and it's not because I am a MOM, it's because we have the better team.

Why do a lot the Giddings people on here keep going back to that LH game last year...seems like that is a real thorn in your side...get over it, it was last season.

buff4life
10-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Funny how you have to make a dig at me "not knowing much about football" to make Giddings look better.

I know enough about football to know that when the qb is actually the top running back on the team (spare me with the thats not possible line I am sure you will come back with) then the team is beatable. Controlling the qb is possible, Navasota proved that last week.

I am not going to get into a banter with you...my post (yes sarcastically I know) almost made you cry...maybe that is because the Buffaloes don't have the heart to win this game, but I know the Hornets do.

Giddings has talented players and a great record. I am not taking anything away from those facts. The stats are posted after every game and the numbers speak for themselves. I don't have to go watch a Giddings football game to know what they have and what they don't...I am sure you football boys know that!

Whoever wins the game on the scoreboard will deserve the win, no doubt about that. I think an upset is in the making, and it's not because I am a MOM, it's because we have the better team.

Why do a lot the Giddings people on here keep going back to that LH game last year...seems like that is a real thorn in your side...get over it, it was last season.

OK first two say that Caldwell has more heart than Giddings just makes you look REAL bad, Giddings has just as much or more than Caldwell no matter what your one-sightedness tells you..

we never said anything bad about the LH game, we were giving them props not whining about it or anything..

those are very lame attempts to try to make us look bad...

buff4life
10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
for that being your third post let me offer some advice...

GET IN THE LOOP AND OFF THE BANDWAGON!!

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 11:19 AM
I can't believe I am getting YELLED AT and insulted on here after only my third post just because I believe in my team and support them! Again, I am not going to banter back and forth with you. Just be sure to make a post Friday after the game. As I said in my 2nd post, I can't guarantee anything, no one can, I just believe that Caldwell will upset Giddings this Friday. If Giddings wins, I will post a Congrats on here to them.

Rule #76
10-23-2007, 11:30 AM
It is very impressive what Caldwell is doing this year. I have heard many good things about them.

I'm not going to sit here and say that Giddings is head over heels better than them. But you saying that Caldwell is better is a little far fetched. Especially because the Hornets offense isn't dependent on just one person. That doesn't make your team better, it makes there offense different, not better or worse.

"I know enough about football to know that when the qb is actually the top running back on the team (spare me with the thats not possible line I am sure you will come back with) then the team is beatable."

Maybe you didn't watch Cedar Hill last year. 5A state champ. best running back on the team was the QB. You don't know football. That comment makes no sense what so ever.

You try and stop every teams best player, whether its the QB, RB, or WR.

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Touché. Yes you have to stop the opposing teams best player or players. I am not a football guru and never claimed to be. But I am also not a "typical" female that just sits there and watches a bunch of guys run up and down the field on Friday nights. My point was, up until now, the key to beating Giddings has been to control and limit Fitzhenry. And so far, Navasota has been the only team to come close to doing that (and he still scored three times against them). I actually hope that the Giddings coaches make some changes and attempt to pass the ball some. It will make the game more interesting. The numbers again speak for themselves. Brock rushes twice as much as the next closest guy on the team and has more than double the yardage.

THROUGH THE NAVASOTA GAME:
PLAYER RUSHES YARDS TD'S
Brock Fitzhenry 136 1116 18
Shane Jenke 68 473 2
Alan Dock 17 237 4
Quinn Taylor 16 163 2
CJ Brooks 17 141 1
David Bradshaw 3 23 1

I started with a simple post of my prediction for the game. Giddings has obviously been #1 all season because they earned it. Anything can happen and I believe they will be upset on Friday.

CHS_CG
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
The numbers again speak for themselves. Brock rushes twice as much as the next closest guy on the team and has more than double the yardage.

THROUGH THE NAVASOTA GAME:
PLAYER RUSHES YARDS TD'S
Brock Fitzhenry 136 1116 18
Shane Jenke 68 473 2
Alan Dock 17 237 4
Quinn Taylor 16 163 2
CJ Brooks 17 141 1
David Bradshaw 3 23 1

I started with a simple post of my prediction for the game. Giddings has obviously been #1 all season because they earned it. Anything can happen and I believe they will be upset on Friday.

ANY giddings poster please clarify this for me... if Fitz is good, and he gets twice the stats anybody else does, and gets the job done and yall are ranked #1... WHY in the heck do you guys get so worked up over ANYBODY saying Giddings has a one man show? IF ITS WORKING AND YALL ARE #1 WHY GET YOUR PANTIES IN A WAD...its a waste of time.. I am sorry but you cant sit here and say Fitz isnt the one yall go to ALL THE TIME... he MIGHT not be the only person yall could go to but look at the stats OPEN your eyes and see what everybody else sees...... FITZ GETS THE JOB DONE.. stop gettin so booty hurt... ITS TRUE...

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Honestly, anyone who says Giddings is a one man team just makes themself look pathetic because that means that their 11 guys on defense just got beat by one guy. The kid can flat out play ball so why don't yall respect him?

buff4life
10-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I can't believe I am getting YELLED AT and insulted on here after only my third post just because I believe in my team and support them! Again, I am not going to banter back and forth with you. Just be sure to make a post Friday after the game. As I said in my 2nd post, I can't guarantee anything, no one can, I just believe that Caldwell will upset Giddings this Friday. If Giddings wins, I will post a Congrats on here to them.

don't take back your words now...you guaranteed Caldwell was the better team and that it would show and said nothing but how much better Caldwell was than Giddings, basically just putting Giddings down...maybe you should have written more carefully, so believe it, your getting yelled at for a reason...

buff4life
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
ANY giddings poster please clarify this for me... if Fitz is good, and he gets twice the stats anybody else does, and gets the job done and yall are ranked #1... WHY in the heck do you guys get so worked up over ANYBODY saying Giddings has a one man show? IF ITS WORKING AND YALL ARE #1 WHY GET YOUR PANTIES IN A WAD...its a waste of time.. I am sorry but you cant sit here and say Fitz isnt the one yall go to ALL THE TIME... he MIGHT not be the only person yall could go to but look at the stats OPEN your eyes and see what everybody else sees...... FITZ GETS THE JOB DONE.. stop gettin so booty hurt... ITS TRUE...

to say fitz is a one man show is incorrect...the team wouldn't win without the others whether brock gets the touchdowns and most yards are not, yes he is the best player on the field but not the entire team, that assumption is unfair to the rest of the team...

State_In_08
10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
to say fitz is a one man show is incorrect...the team wouldn't win without the others whether brock gets the touchdowns and most yards are not, yes he is the best player on the field but not the entire team, that assumption is unfair to the rest of the team...

All this arguing about which team has more heart is going to do absolutely nothing. Of course she's going to think Caldwell has more heart, she's from Caldwell. And of course your going to think Giddings has more heart, your from Giddings. Fact is, both teams are good, and there really is no way of knowing who's going to come out better on Friday until Friday happens. Let the game and players talk for you, because neither of you knows how hard the other team works.

CHS_CG
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM

You dont think its unfair to the rest of the time that the others dont get as much as of a chance as Fitz does? Fitz is the work horse of the team.. yes the other players get play time, they get be out there... but you cant sit there and tell me that Fitz isnt "idolized" in Giddings... Of course the kids arent gunna be upset.. they go out there and play.. give it to Fitz and BAM they are ranked #1.... I dont care what anybody says Fitz is the work horse is the MAIN reason giddings is ranked #1

buff4life
10-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
All this arguing about which team has more heart is going to do absolutely nothing. Of course she's going to think Caldwell has more heart, she's from Caldwell. And of course your going to think Giddings has more heart, your from Giddings. Fact is, both teams are good, and there really is no way of knowing who's going to come out better on Friday until Friday happens. Let the game and players talk for you, because neither of you knows how hard the other team works.

i've never argued who had more...i just made the point that its a homeristic opinion to come out and say one team has more than teh other team without having a clue...

buff4life
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
You dont think its unfair to the rest of the time that the others dont get as much as of a chance as Fitz does? Fitz is the work horse of the team.. yes the other players get play time, they get be out there... but you cant sit there and tell me that Fitz isnt "idolized" in Giddings... Of course the kids arent gunna be upset.. they go out there and play.. give it to Fitz and BAM they are ranked #1.... I dont care what anybody says Fitz is the work horse is the MAIN reason giddings is ranked #1

your right he is the work horse of the team and a main reason we are good...but without good players around him, Giddings would not be ranked #1...without an OLine and a Defense, giddings would be nothing...

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Take a deep breath, everyone, and repeat after me....."ohmmmmm"....."ohmmmmmmm".

Okay, carry on. Just keep it civil. :)

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 01:13 PM
don't take back your words now...you guaranteed Caldwell was the better team and that it would show and said nothing but how much better Caldwell was than Giddings, basically just putting Giddings down...maybe you should have written more carefully, so believe it, your getting yelled at for a reason...

I am not taking back any words. I do believe Caldwell has the better team and I DO BELIEVE they will win on Friday. I just think its very immature to "yell" at people for expressing their opinions and supporting their team. I have not yelled at you or anyone else on here. Usually when people get defensive (which is what has happened with some, not all, of the Giddings supporters on here) it's because they know the truth is being put in front of them. You can't argue the facts or the numbers, so you yell, insult and try to put down the people that put the facts in front of you.

TinyTim
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by R3Editor
:thinking: :thinking: My head is telling me Giddings in a shoot-out. Whoever has the last touchdown will likely win. [/Q
UOTE]

I couldn't agree more. It will be a great game.

RattlerDude
10-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Man game of the week should be Navasota vs. Smithville. LOL, not! Seriously though, Caldwell is going to give them boys from Giddings a good run, and most likely pull-it out in the end of a close one. I'll take Caldwell 35-31.

buff4life
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
I am not taking back any words. I do believe Caldwell has the better team and I DO BELIEVE they will win on Friday. I just think its very immature to "yell" at people for expressing their opinions and supporting their team. I have not yelled at you or anyone else on here. Usually when people get defensive (which is what has happened with some, not all, of the Giddings supporters on here) it's because they know the truth is being put in front of them. You can't argue the facts or the numbers, so you yell, insult and try to put down the people that put the facts in front of you.

ok. well first it is impossible toyell on hear because all we can do is type, and second you reserve the right to think the caldwell will win just like i reserve the right to know that giddings will win...BUT it isn't right to assume and publicly acclaim that Caldwell has more of everything moral than Giddings without knowing, you can say that Caldwell has a lot of it, but you cannot say they have more than Giddings because in fact YOU DO NOT KNOW the answer to that..

with that being said, present me with a fact and i won't be defensive, we get defensive when posters get smug and content with themselves because they think that they have said something of importance or insight but in all actuallity are totally incorrect...:D :D

nice try making us look like the bad guys

buff4life
10-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Take a deep breath, everyone, and repeat after me....."ohmmmmm"....."ohmmmmmmm".

Okay, carry on. Just keep it civil. :)

i always rub my ear lobes and go "whoo saaaaa whoo saaaa"

it helps, try it

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2007, 01:24 PM
i always rub my ear lobes and go "whoo saaaaa whoo saaaa"

it helps, try it
Good idea! :D

buff4life
10-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Good idea! :D

i watched you on Kvue by the way...

congrats

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
...maybe you should have written more carefully, so believe it, your getting yelled at for a reason...

You told me I was getting yelled at for a reason, now you are saying it's impossible for me to get yelled at? I think all the hype has gotten you in an uproar -- you are contradicting yourself!

I like the whoooooo saaaaaaa idea! Really, I am not trying to make you or anyone else look like "the bad guys." Unless you are a player or coach, I actually do agree with you on one point. No one but those guys knows how hard they work or how much heart they put into it. Let the boys play Friday night, and then we will see who has anything to post/say after the game!

I stick by my original post. Caldwell 42, Giddings 21.

buff4life
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
You told me I was getting yelled at for a reason, now you are saying it's impossible for me to get yelled at? I think all the hype has gotten you in an uproar -- you are contradicting yourself!

I like the whoooooo saaaaaaa idea! Really, I am not trying to make you or anyone else look like "the bad guys." Unless you are a player or coach, I actually do agree with you on one point. No one but those guys knows how hard they work or how much heart they put into it. Let the boys play Friday night, and then we will see who has anything to post/say after the game!

I stick by my original post. Caldwell 42, Giddings 21.

alright, glad we're in the same book now, definitely not the same page, but same book...

and i'm not in an uproar

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2007, 01:40 PM
i watched you on Kvue by the way...

congrats
Thanks! :)

Darren
10-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Good deal I have been waiting for this type of banter all week...

Darren
10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I will be interested to see after Friday which of us will man up and eat crow.

Darren
10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Normally all you get is a disappearing act.

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I will be interested to see after Friday which of us will man up and eat crow.

Well I ain't gonna "man up" -- for obvious reasons, but I will post a congrats to Giddings IF they pull out the win on Friday...you men on here are the ones I am worried about!

buff4life
10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I'll take my crow under most circumstances...barring any severe bashing of Giddings

but i don't see any crow in my future

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I came back from running errands and lunch to this!! We haven't had a thread like this all season, I don't think. :D

Please, just keep it civil. There is no need to insult each other for having pride & loyalty in your team!! :doh:

Old Tiger
10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I came back from running errands and lunch to this!! We haven't had a thread like this all season, I don't think. :D

Please, just keep it civil. There is no need to insult each other for having pride & loyalty in your team!! :doh: be quiet nerd face! :p

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
be quiet nerd face! :p
you shut your mouth when you're talking to me! :mad: :D

ronwx5x
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM

If you can't be nice, don't be!

:devil:

Darren
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Thats funny.. Is that a quote from a movie....?

I only ask because my sister always says that and now I am wondering where she gets it from.

buff4life
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Wedding Crashers

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Thats funny.. Is that a quote from a movie....?

I only ask because my sister always says that and now I am wondering where she gets it from.

Yes....buff4life is correct - Wedding Crashers! I think I need to add that to my signature. :D

Darren
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Lets get the bickering started again......

Giddings by 53.....

Just kidding by the way

CHS_CG
10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
I am not taking back any words. I do believe Caldwell has the better team and I DO BELIEVE they will win on Friday.

I have to agree with you... Caldwell has the better TEAM Giddings has the better PLAYER! It will be very interesting come Friday night. Best of luck to both teams!

buff4life
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I have to agree with you... Caldwell has the better TEAM Giddings has the better PLAYER! It will be very interesting come Friday night. Best of luck to both teams!

i already explained this theory so i won't go there again..

you have to A...define the term team
and B...you have no idea about Giddings...

but your right it will be a good game...

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Lets get the bickering started again......

Giddings by 53.....

Just kidding by the way

Caldwell by 90

now just typing that is ridiculous, but i couldn't help myself :D

buff4life
10-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Caldwell by 90

now just typing that is ridiculous, but i couldn't help myself :D

Neither team will have the ball enough to score 50 points, the clock is going to be constantly running

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Neither team will have the ball enough to score 50 points, the clock is going to be constantly running

We agree again, wow that's twice!;)

Darren
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
What is the longest tread in DL history.... about 60 - 70 pgs?

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM

I know. Wonder how long this game will take? :thinking: LOL

Darren
10-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm going to shoot a couple of Crows before Friday and I will be sitting across the street after the game with a small pit...

I'll be the first to say that I'm not trying it....No matter who wins..

I'll even throw some Tony's seasoning on them.

Who is in??????????????

buff4life
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm going to shoot a couple of Crows before Friday and I will be sitting across the street after the game with a small pit...

I'll be the first to say that I'm not trying it....No matter who wins..

I'll even throw some Tony's seasoning on them.

Who is in??????????????

better shoot more than two...all caldwell fans and short term caldwell fans will need some...

especially since giddings is the underdog according to 3ADL

Hornet Mom 2
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
As long as there is enough for buff and the rest of the Giddings fans you will be fine. :p

Darren
10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
You won't have to eat the whole crow just a half a leg or so......

pirate4state
10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
better shoot more than two...all caldwell fans and short term caldwell fans will need some...

especially since giddings is not the underdog according to 3ADL

:eek: I hadn't even paid attention to the poll!!

EAGLETOWN
10-23-2007, 10:09 PM
I as well was at the game.. there was no late hit.... like LHPM said that was 10 1/2 months ago... get over it and let it go.

I only brought this up again because I have been away from a PC for a few days and this subject was way back.

But yes he was hit late and it was kind of from the side/back in the lower leg area.

Sorry.. I know it was last year it and it does not matter now I don't need to be reminded of that.

I thought I gave LH their props.

I did not bring it up for spite just as part of my point about stopping the Buffs offense.

I was watching Brock when he got hit.

My eyes were right on him because I was wondering just like another poster mentioned why he was out there on kickoff return.

Maybe Fitz was just trying to make something happen since they were down 28-0.

Reguardless of LH's game plan to stop Brock when he went out they did not dominate Giddings offense just Brock.

That was my point about the Buffs offense its pretty good even without Brock he just makes it even better.

orangeblood
10-23-2007, 11:01 PM

AMEN....... Giddings is the best! Caldwell is the best!
Lets see............ 1st Quarter Giddings 0 Caldwell O Tune in @ 10:00 pm friday to see who the best is cause thats when we will know for sure.....

Eagles52
10-24-2007, 01:51 AM
NAME......................ATT................YDS.. ...........TD
Brock Fitzhenry ......136.................1116.............18
Shane Jenke.............68.................473.......... .....2
Alan Dock................17.................237........ .......4
Quinn Taylor............16.................163.......... ..... 2
CJ Brooks.................17................141...... .........1
David Bradshaw..........3..................23........... ....1
Brite.........................1..................1 1................-
TEAM TOTALS...........258..............2164............ .28

Oh, my gosh I think I might have found a clue…. The stats don’t lie, I would say that the QB carries the ball more than, a fair share of the time.

Do you think that these numbers could be deceiving because the QB is one person, while the other options in the offense are at least two people, plus Giddings rotates those players pretty frequently from what I've seen. That in itself is going to skew the numbers. Not to mention that you'd need to show us some other offenses of this type and let us see their distributions before we could know if this is unusual. I'm not saying your are or aren't correct in your assessment, but just providing these stats isn't nearly an adequate argument to back up your claims

Global Swarming
10-24-2007, 06:51 AM
I will never get on here and talk trash to anyone but I will give y'all some advice. A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Darren
10-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I will never get on here and talk trash to anyone but I will give y'all some advice. A closed mouth gathers no feet.

I love the name.....

Darren
10-24-2007, 07:04 AM
No need to attack the faults of others
no need to flaunt your own virtues
act when you are acknowledged
retire when you are ignored.
-- Han-shan (8th century)

buff4life
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming

thanks Budha

buff4life
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
AMEN....... Giddings is the best! Caldwell is the best!
Lets see............ 1st Quarter Giddings 0 Caldwell O Tune in @ 10:00 pm friday to see who the best is cause thats when we will know for sure.....

It won't be that late barring some emergency...

Hornet Mom 2
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
It won't be that late barring some emergency...

Non-stop clock... ;)

State_In_08
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Giddings - Has 2 REALLY good players (Brock and Dock) and a team of role players around them that make everything work perfectly, thus making them a damn good team.

Caldwell - Has 2 REALLY good running backs (Canto and Sims) and a team of good players around them that make this team great. Obviously Canto and Sims aren't quite on the level of Fitzhenry and Dock, but the fact that Caldwell has a whole team of good players and not just role players is what makes them pretty much even with Giddings.

Both teams are very close to each other, but I've got to go with Caldwell in this one. I think Caldwell's rushing attack may be a little better than Giddings defense.

That's just my opinion. Now I'll wait for Buff4Life to rip me apart. ;)

buff4life
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Giddings - Has 2 REALLY good players (Brock and Dock) and a team of role players around them that make everything work perfectly, thus making them a damn good team.

Caldwell - Has 2 REALLY good running backs (Canto and Sims) and a team of good players around them that make this team great. Obviously Canto and Sims aren't quite on the level of Fitzhenry and Dock, but the fact that Caldwell has a whole team of good players and not just role players is what makes them pretty much even with Giddings.

Both teams are very close to each other, but I've got to go with Caldwell in this one. I think Caldwell's rushing attack may be a little better than Giddings defense.

That's just my opinion. Now I'll wait for Buff4Life to rip me apart. ;)

You made me laugh with that comment, i only have two minor beefs with your assessment, giddings does have good players and 4 more athletes that would be OUTSTANDING players but they are reduced to role players with Brock and Dock carrying the load and if they have to shine they will, i think that gives Giddings the edge, but only opinion lol...

Also, i think you'll see a different Giddings defense friday, i'm not saying better but differently aligned...

buff4life
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
this thread has died down with the oncoming of the game...it should get more hyped up...

wonder if there will be any spray painting of the Giddings locker room this year?

Darren
10-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Not taking up for Caldwell but I seem to recall we have done some not so nice things to their campus as well.

Kids will do dumb things from time to time. You can't hold a town responsible for that.

buff4life
10-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Not taking up for Caldwell but I seem to recall we have done some not so nice things to their campus as well.

Kids will do dumb things from time to time. You can't hold a town responsible for that.

ln my generation of middle and high school...where it mattered...i would say spray painting profanity on the field house takes the cake...

but thanks for knocking it down, i was trying to get the thread going again..

Hornet Mom 2
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I think it was Giddings students that did it just to get ya'll fired up! (not a bit of sarcasim in this post):hand:

buff4life
10-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I think it was Giddings students that did it just to get ya'll fired up! (not a bit of sarcasim in this post):hand:

i thought that for a while too...i really did...

since i didn't play football i actually asked around, and a friend from caldwell (one i actually have lol) knew who did it and they were from caldwell

buff4life
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
but hey, the guy could have lied to me if you know something i don't

Hornet Mom 2
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
i thought that for a while too...i really did...

since i didn't play football i actually asked around, and a friend from caldwell (one i actually have lol) knew who did it and they were from caldwell

What's bad is, whoever actually did it probably did not care about the game, just trying to start trouble. The battle is on the field this Friday and I can't wait to see it.

Since the thread is slowing down and you buffs are trying so hard to get it going again, I will REPOST my prediction. Caldwell 42, Giddings 21.

buff4life
10-24-2007, 04:26 PM
But anyway back to the game...

GIVE DOCK THE BALL...and RUN 10 and 11...

buff4life
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
What's bad is, whoever actually did it probably did not care about the game, just trying to start trouble. The battle is on the field this Friday and I can't wait to see it.

Since the thread is slowing down and you buffs are trying so hard to get it going again, I will REPOST my prediction. Caldwell 42, Giddings 21.

so true..

i'm all for opinions...but to think Caldwell will beat Giddings by 21, even if your a mom, is unbelievable, but i respect your honest opinion...

it provides a good laugh tho JK

Hornet Mom 2
10-24-2007, 04:32 PM
so true..

i'm all for opinions...but to think Caldwell will beat Giddings by 21, even if your a mom, is unbelievable, but i respect your honest opinion...

it provides a good laugh tho JK

Well thank you for the respect. I am glad you got a laugh out of it! I think I will have the last laugh though! :D

buffalo2006
10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
About the spray painting, i thought it was funny looking at those kids faces b4 the game last time and nothing was there b/c we had already painted over it b4 anyone got there. Pretty funny.

Giddings last 2min. Artega with 40yd Field goal to win by 2

buff4life
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Well thank you for the respect. I am glad you got a laugh out of it! I think I will have the last laugh though! :D

IF you have the last laugh, i promise it wont' be by 21...

Hornet Mom 2
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
IF you have the last laugh, i promise it wont' be by 21...

I think that is the first time you have acknowledged that it is even POSSIBLE for Caldwell to win on Friday. Now we are getting somewhere! :clap:

Darren
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
ln my generation of middle and high school...where it mattered...i would say spray painting profanity on the field house takes the cake...

but thanks for knocking it down, i was trying to get the thread going again..

It's going to be ok.....

strosfan
10-24-2007, 04:57 PM
ok my prediction is
Giddings 27
Caldwell 21

I think the difference will be our field goal kicker

buff4life
10-24-2007, 05:01 PM
It's going to be ok.....

your right it will #2

buff4life
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Caldwell crushed both Robinson and Hutto. Let's get something straight...People have tried all year to poop on Caldwell's wins. Robinson has lost all three of their games to Celina (#3 in state), Caldwell (#10) and LaVega (#5). Robinson is a higher quality team than anyone Giddings has faced. Hutto is down and out because they lost three key players to injury IN the Caldwell game.

Caldwell made several personel changes on defense against LaGrange and they came out on fire. Six stops in the first half which led to 6 touchdowns. The special teams have been playing lights out. The Caldwell offense is averaging 450+ yards/game and 43 points. The defense has improved every game. Woe to the rest of 23-3A (and those beyond) when all three units peak.

Both teams will have to play a mistake free game to win. Turnovers will be the key. if either team gets the "fumble bug", they could get run out of the stadium. There could be a 1000 yards of offense and 100 points between the both of them.

the Massey ratings speak differently about strenth of schedule..

Giddings will put the breaks on this "unstoppable" train

Darren
10-24-2007, 08:21 PM
your right it will #2

Nice.....

Who does Number 2 work for....?

buff4life
10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
i have no clue where you work lol...

buff4life
10-24-2007, 11:58 PM
WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

Caldwell gets new bandwagon posters everyday and none of them post on here...but seriously there is a new person from Caldwell everyday...

CHS_CG
10-25-2007, 12:17 AM
WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

Caldwell gets new bandwagon posters everyday and none of them post on here...but seriously there is a new person from Caldwell everyday...

i am here.. just prefer to stop fighting about stuff none of us have control over and plus im gettin depressed since i cant go to this game

Darren
10-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Is Caldwells Kicker good???

Hornet Mom 2
10-25-2007, 08:56 AM
I am here. Yes our kicker Chris Supak is good. He was 6 for 6 last week on PAT, but did not have a chance to kick any field goals. He is very consistent.

Darren
10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
I am here. Yes our kicker Chris Supak is good. He was 6 for 6 last week on PAT, but did not have a chance to kick any field goals. He is very consistent.

I was just thinking that if the game is close (i think it might be) it might come down to Kicking.

I think based on experience I would give the edge to Giddings on kicking.

buff4life
10-25-2007, 09:45 AM

kicker looked VERY shaky against Hearne when i watched him on PATs..barely made it over the goalpost

Hornet Mom 2
10-25-2007, 09:51 AM
kicker looked VERY shaky against Hearne when i watched him on PATs..barely made it over the goalpost

That was the 2nd game of the season...not even worth worrying about. He has been very consistent.

UPanIN
10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
If Caldwell can keep Giddings from having any long runs as Navasota did this will be a low scoring game. If they don't have a defense that can do that then it'll be in the 40's.

Winner being Caldwell by 3.

RattlerDude
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
If Caldwell can keep Giddings from having any long runs as Navasota did this will be a low scoring game. If they don't have a defense that can do that then it'll be in the 40's.

My boy #9 kept him in check. Unless they have defensive players with the abilities of #30 and #9, Fitzhenry will have a field day. The Caldwell offense will have a really good day regardless. They put up at least forty in all except one game

RattlerDude
10-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN

My boy #9 kept him in check. Unless they have defensive players with the abilities of #30 and #9 on Navasota, Fitzhenry will have a field day. The Caldwell offense will have a really good day regardless. They put up at least forty in all except one game

buff4life
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
My boy #9 kept him in check. Unless they have defensive players with the abilities of #30 and #9 on Navasota, Fitzhenry will have a field day. The Caldwell offense will have a really good day regardless. They put up at least forty in all except one game

I would say the defense kept him in check, not just your boy...

Darren
10-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude

Giddings Held Navasota to 14.

So are you saying that Caldwells Offense is better than Navasota's?

buff4life
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
GO BUFFS!!!

Rattlesnake_08
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
No doubt that this id going to be an excellant game, possibly even a classic for Class 3A. IMO look for Caldwell to be up by a couple of scores at half (either 10 or 14), but then look for a tight third quarter, and then a forth quarter comeback by Giddings. It seems to me for the past couple of years that I've payed attention to Giddings is that they always find way (they did last year in Caldwell, why not again?). I'll take Giddings in a close one 35-31.

winthebigone
10-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Giddings Held Navasota to 14.

So are you saying that Caldwells Offense is better than Navasota's?

About 100 yards/game and 10 points/game better.

Darren
10-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Todays the big day.. So I am bringing it back to the top.

Darren
10-26-2007, 06:31 AM
So we can check this after the game.

What is your prediction on the score.

Giddings 31 Caldwell 24 (although from what I have heard about the kicker it might be 21).

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2007, 06:33 AM
About 100 yards/game and 10 points/game better.
Would they be with the same schedule as Navasota? I'm just asking......

I'm a firm believer that stats don't win games. If they did, the 2004 Panthers would have been state champs, since they are 3rd in the National all-time offensive yardage record books. :)

Darren
10-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Would they be with the same schedule as Navasota? I'm just asking......

I'm a firm believer that stats don't win games. If they did, the 2004 Panthers would have been state champs, since they are 3rd in the National all-time offensive yardage record books. :)

Great point.. :clap: :clap:

Darren
10-26-2007, 06:41 AM
LH you at work already???

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2007, 06:44 AM
LH you at work already???
Haha, no. I should be working, but I decided to check in a bit first, before I have to get the kids up. Blah....I have to go to the office later.

navscanmaster
10-26-2007, 08:12 AM
In response to the bragging on Navasota's defensive players, guys, we may have some players that are playing tough right now, but Giddings has Alan Dock. End of story. That guy really looks collected and seems to be around the ball on every play. Buffalo fans, where is he being recruited at?

Rule #76
10-26-2007, 08:47 AM
He is committed to Tulsa!!

CHS_Grad '85
10-26-2007, 09:10 AM
:clap: :clap:
Caldwell vs. Giddings a 3A delight

By DAVID CAMPBELL
Eagle Columnist

The Caldwell Hornets moved into the Class 3A state rankings two weeks ago, taking over the No. 10 spot.

You hear coaches and many players say that the polls don't mean anything, that they are just a distraction. Many say they don't even pay attention to the polls.

Right. We keep printing them in the paper each week because nobody wants to read them.

Of course polls matter. The teams in them and the teams striving toward them make them matter. And wanted or not, a lot of people know who you are when you're in the Top 10, where you are required to put up or shut up to maintain your position.

All the Hornets have to do to hold their spot is to beat the top-ranked team in Texas 3A, the Giddings Buffaloes. This will probably be the first of back-to-back weeks that ranked teams meet in the Brazos Valley districts, with Normangee set to host Bremond next Friday.

District showdowns between ranked teams happen more often than you might think. Caldwell vs. Giddings is one of two this week, with No. 5 Odessa Permian playing at No. 6 Abilene in a 5A matchup of Top 10s.

In 3A, the Caldwell-Giddings showdown is the biggest game in the state. Only ten teams remain unbeaten in the classification, and District 23-3A is the only league with two unbeatens -- for a few more hours, at least.

Staying in a rankings mode, here are the top three reasons why either Giddings or Caldwell could win:

• Giddings:

1. Brock Fitzhenry.

If you haven't heard of this guy, you fail the high school football IQ test. He rushed for 2,897 yards last year and now has 6,604 for his career. He's listed as a quarterback, but he may be the most dangerous runner in the state. He has 1,126 yards and 18 touchdowns this season.

2. Experience.

Giddings' only loss in a 13-1 campaign last season came in the quarterfinals to eventual Division II champion Liberty Hill 35-28. In the past three seasons, the Buffaloes are 30-4. They know how to win and how to handle big games.

3. Home field.

In key district games when the crowd is an important factor, home-field advantage is significant.

• Caldwell:

1. A solid 1-2 punch.

Xavier Canto is a great running back. He has 1,206 yards rushing and is averaging 12.7 on each carry. But he's not alone in the Hornet backfield. Last week, Farrin Sims scored four touchdowns and broke the century mark in rushing. Sims is up to 641 yards on the ground and an impressive 12 TDs this season.

2. Hunger.

A pair of one-point district losses denied the Hornets a playoff spot in 2006, and that has Caldwell hungry for more. The Hornets seem bent on not allowing any close finishes to keep them out of the playoffs.

3. Strength of schedule.

The Hornets' 6-0 record is impressive because of who they've beaten. Their opponents' combined records are 37-33, but Waco Robinson also lost to Celina and La Vega, both state-ranked teams. Another team Caldwell beat, 2-6 Rockdale, has arguably played the best 3A schedule in the state. Navasota and 4A Waco Midway are very good teams that Giddings has beaten, so the strength-of-schedule edge isn't overwhelming, but it exists.

Giddings has a forfeit factored in its 7-0 record, so the Buffaloes have actually played six contests, just like Caldwell. Some of their stats suggest no major advantage for either team.

Caldwell has beaten its opponents by an average of 25.8 points per game, ninth-best in 3A. Giddings has won by a 24.3-point average win for 12th best.

Giddings is scoring 39.5 points a game, which ranks 10th in 3A. With 43.7 per game, Caldwell is sixth.

Neither is ranked in the Top 20 in scoring defense.

The teams have only a passing interest in passing. Giddings has just 85 yards in the air this season (that's not a typo), which makes Caldwell's 274 passing yards look like offensive balance. Don't blink, though. With Canto and Fitzhenry touching the ball, something special can happen at any moment, and with all of the running these two teams do, the game may end early ... unless the end zone keeps getting in their way.

Rankings may bring attention to a football program, but coaches and players who scoff at the polls are correct about one thing: They don't carry you to the playoffs, which is why Caldwell can't make this game bigger than it is. The Hornets have clinched nothing, and if they lose Friday night, they still must face brutally tough games in 23-3A just to get a taste of bi-district. Caldwell still has a trip to Navasota and a home game against Bellville on the schedule. Either of those teams would gladly fill Caldwell's spot on the poll, if a team like Madisonville doesn't get there first.

Sevenday7
10-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately, Dock isn't getting a lot of interested from top tier teams as apparently they think that he is too small, but he is a beast of a player.

ronwx5x
10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Texasfootballratings.com has this game at Giddings +17. I'm just passing information, not predicting. But I do plan to be there.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Texasfootballratings.com has this game at Giddings +17. I'm just passing information, not predicting. But I do plan to be there. they also had Caldwell at 1-9 for the year.

ronwx5x
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
they also had Caldwell at 1-9 for the year.

Not sure where you are referring to. They show the schedule with all scores posted and they are 6-0. Maybe a typo somewhere?

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Not sure where you are referring to. They show the schedule with all scores posted and they are 6-0. Maybe a typo somewhere? the predictions at the start of the year.

2 krunk
10-26-2007, 02:23 PM
i'll take the buffs.............they have a secret weapon......................a rather large line coach

Rattlesnake_08
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
It was interesting to see this week how far down Giddings was down in the votes (votes form members on here), but then yesterday and today hawked Caldwell down...To me, that's how the game is going to turn out.

Old Tiger
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
caldwell is going down! perhaps

caldwellgrad06
10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
well, leaving work for this..............can't wait............we will see on monday who's still talking crap!!!

zebrablue2
10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
good luck to both teams, play injury free, and may the best team win. will be a good one.

CHS_Grad '85
10-26-2007, 04:24 PM
WOOOO HOOOO!!! I'm out of here... see y'all at the meet and greet...

navscanmaster
10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll be listening to the game from Smithville with my little pocket radio! Wish I could come watch this one, but I've got two little sisters on the Diamonettes drill team, so I owe it to them to make the Rattler game. Good luck Giddings, Caldwell's coming! Good luck Caldwell, Giddings is already there!

1st and goal
10-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Is there a shortage of crowmeat?

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 10:51 PM
so how did this one pan out?

leecofans
10-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Final was Giddings 21, Caldwell 7

1st and goal
10-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I guess everyone is full of fish...

Giddings 21
Caldwell 7

Caldwell scored 1st early in the 2nd quarter. G tied it up and then held Caldwell and they missed a 5yd field goal before the half.

G came out better in the 2nd half and scored, then held C at the 1 foot line. Good defense and ball control kept C out of the game.

Game could have been different with miscues and penalties shaping the outcome.

Darren
10-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by caldwellgrad06
well, leaving work for this..............can't wait............we will see on monday who's still talking crap!!!

Whats that?