PDA

View Full Version : Diboll 62 Huntington 15

mistanice
10-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Ketaraus Stanton lead the Jacks with 11 carries for 220 yards and 4tds. Huntington has yet to win a district game since 92 I believe. So this game proves nothing. Diboll has Center @ home next week. As the team slogan goes, "Be ready to get Jacked Up."

JR2004
10-19-2007, 11:55 PM
lol...Just posted Velt's score and they wound up with the exact same score as this one!

Diboll sure is doing well this season from the looks of things.

mistanice
10-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
lol...Just posted Velt's score and they wound up with the exact same score as this one!

Diboll sure is doing well this season from the looks of things.

haha, weird!

burnet44
10-21-2007, 06:44 PM
cue Twilight Zone music

buff4life
10-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Diboll has yet to prove themselves in my opinion...

they are good agreed, but how good is the question...the average points per game and margin of victory are skewed due to the conpetition they have played...the entire week district 22-3A and they two weaker opponents in their own district...

I think Giddings played them in the quarters in 2001 maybe?

burnet44
10-21-2007, 11:53 PM
we might play Dibol in the second round

mistanice
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
Diboll has yet to prove themselves in my opinion...

they are good agreed, but how good is the question...the average points per game and margin of victory are skewed due to the conpetition they have played...the entire week district 22-3A and they two weaker opponents in their own district...

I think Giddings played them in the quarters in 2001 maybe?

I agree with you. Diboll's real test will come when they travel to Crockett Nov. 2nd. Yes, it was in 2001 when Diboll lost by a big margin in the area round at Conroe's Moorehead stadium I believe. Giddings had a great team that year.

Stole this from another board but I think this poster has a point to an extent.

Let's look at it even closer. Gilmer. They are 6-0, #4 in the AP poll, #1 in Smoaky's eyes (Smoaky's Top 10) but who have they played? Now I'm not pickin' on the Buckeyes, but their level of competition is not that great either (not a Tatum insult). Their competitors record is 12-18 and after they play White Oak, you can bump that up to 13-24. Is Gilmer over-rated like Diboll is?? They didn't go any further than Diboll did in the playoffs last year.