PDA

View Full Version : Never in a million years......

unreal
10-19-2007, 11:40 PM
...would I have expected the Hutto season to turn the way it has. To start out strong by going 3-0, then losing a shootout with the #1 team in the state on the road, to losing the next four is beyond belief.

I have never seen a team as snakebit by the injury bug as we are right now including tonight. Losing our starting RB and CB one week, our starting FB last week, our starting WR tonight in the first quarter is truly mindboggling. These kids that are left on offense are playing their guts out, but are just aren't 'there' yet in maturity.

Keep your chins up boys and let's finish this season out strong.

:clap:

Emerson1
10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Sounds just like us. We have lost 3 games on the last drive of the game.

HippoBaseball05
10-19-2007, 11:56 PM
It has been truly amazing the bad luck we've had.

Tonight hit my kid a little harder than usual since it was his best friend that got the concussion in the first half. After he found out that Ross was able to kind of get his bearings about him and return to the field in the fourth quarter, he then focused on the possibiltiy that these might be the last two games of his high school career coming up.

All I could tell him is that the season isn't over yet and that it is going to just take a little more work than before to hang in there and make the playoffs

:(

yoemenkracker30
10-20-2007, 02:30 AM
kinda sounds like the oregon ducks.....except for the losses thing.....they lost their #2 rb out for season with torn acl, #2 & #3 recievers out for the year, and their starting mlb out 6-8 weeks with a broken foot

ILS1
10-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
It has been truly amazing the bad luck we've had.

Tonight hit my kid a little harder than usual since it was his best friend that got the concussion in the first half. After he found out that Ross was able to kind of get his bearings about him and return to the field in the fourth quarter, he then focused on the possibiltiy that these might be the last two games of his high school career coming up.

All I could tell him is that the season isn't over yet and that it is going to just take a little more work than before to hang in there and make the playoffs

:(

All this talk about numbers really has nothing to do with it. First, you gotta get the kids to wanna play and are they any good. Look at the Austin schools, they have numbers but they all pretty much suck!!! I think the main thing missing right now is team CHEMISTRY!!! And they don't have it right now with all the influx of young talent. I feel for the Seniors. But look on the bright side. It's getting all these young kids prepared for a long playoff run next year!!!!

:D :D :D