PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hil vs Giddings - aint gonna happen

duckpluck
10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Looks like the much anticipated LH vs Giddings rematch now will not happen. Hutto is done, so unless Taylor goes on a run it will be LH, Yoe, and Rockdale in playoffs.

LH will face Waco Robinson or Connally in 1st RD of DIV 1 playoffs. Probably Robinson.
Hope this one is at Baylor.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I happened across something in the American Statesman online the other day. Apparently, they (AAS) were trying to get a "regular" LH/Giddings game set for Oct 5th. :doh:

LHMom
10-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Didn't the AAS also mention a playoff scenario that had Giddings going Div I?

duckpluck
10-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Thats a LONG LONG LONG shot.

duckpluck
10-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Navasota and Bellville are both over 700. One of them will be the Div. 1 school. Caldwell will be D2 with Giddings.

LaGrange or Smithville , one of them would have to make playoffs and they are now both 0-2. Go given this, its very highly unlikely Giddings will go D1.

Dogman_1969
10-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Looks like the much anticipated LH vs Giddings rematch now will not happen. Hutto is done, so unless Taylor goes on a run it will be LH, Yoe, and Rockdale in playoffs.

LH will face Waco Robinson or Connally in 1st RD of DIV 1 playoffs. Probably Robinson.
Hope this one is at Baylor.

It should have read Liberty Hill, Rockdale & Cameron........

Gsquared
10-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Id like to see this final, either scenario. Liberty Hill vs Royse City or Gilmer. What a game either of those would be!

duckpluck
10-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Whats the difference?

duckpluck
10-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Yes that looks like a likely matchup given what has happened so far. LH could face a tough West Orange Stark team along the way as well. Here is likely matchups.
1st Rd - LH vs Waco Robinson
2nd Rd - LH vs Carthage or Palestine
3rd Rd - LH vs WOS or Navasota
4th rd - LH vs Pleasanton, Gonzales, Hondo, or Hildago
CHAMPIONSHIP - LH vs Gilmer, Royse City, or Abilene Wylie

Gsquared
10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Yes that looks like a likely matchup given what has happened so far. LH could face a tough West Orange Stark team along the way as well. True that! I think LH wins that match up with numbers though. WOS typically doesnt suite out many kids and I think LH O is suited to wear a team down. I think it would be much like the LH/Cuero game honestly.

BobcatBenny
10-19-2007, 11:40 PM
:mad: I cannot believe LH is running scared to D1! :(

duckpluck
10-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Well we are going to miss some great matchups that might of happend. This is what we will miss. These will not happen now.

LH vs China Spring
LH vs an undefeated Diboll in 2nd 2.
LH vs Caldwell in rd 3.
LH vs Giddings in Rd 4
LH vs Cuero rematch in Rd 5.
LH vs Celina rematch in Championship game.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I can't believe Celina is too chicken to play "up". :hand:

duckpluck
10-19-2007, 11:45 PM
LH cant control who they play. I just hope they show up in the 1st half on the playoff games. If they play like they have so far in the 1st half, they will not get far in either division.

bobcat1
10-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I can't believe Celina is too chicken to play "up". :hand: 1 Game for both titles after it's over??? We'll be your Huckleberry. COme on Taylor!!!!!

CHS_CG
10-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
It should have read Liberty Hill, Rockdale & Cameron........

*DISCLAIMER*
~ I have nothing to say in this matter i am just the delivery girl~

the poster formally known as theyoefnshow says "dont get to cocky you have only won 2 games and now they have ample time to recover and get ready for Rockdale.

WOS1
10-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
True that! I think LH wins that match up with numbers though. WOS typically doesnt suite out many kids and I think LH O is suited to wear a team down. I think it would be much like the LH/Cuero game honestly.

We may get beat, but we DON'T run out of gas! Besides, with Jasper beating HF tonight it is very unlikely that WOS will go D1. There is still an outside chance, but very slim.

alaskacat
10-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Hell, Div I is always easier than Div II from 5A right on down the line thats been proven over and over. they really need to scrap the Div I Div II moniker and just have a total playoff with one winner period. Celina always plays up a notch or two even in pre season. They have beaten Royce City every time they have played, when Celina was 2A and Royce City 3A. A coupl;e years ago Celina played 5 preseason games of 3A oponents, and of the 5 4 made the 3A playoffs.

Ii was so looking forward to a LH Celina rematch for all the marbles again

rundoe
10-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Uh, Yea, Right.

rundoe
10-20-2007, 06:14 AM
LH cant control who they play. I just hope they show up in the 1st half on the playoff games. If they play like they have so far in the 1st half, they will not get far in either division.

Go tell that to Burnet, the 4A team we played pre-district. What was that half time score?

In case you don't remember, LH won.

First half play for us has not been that great, but second half adjustments has left us winning so far. They'll put it together, b4 playoffs.

Dogman_1969
10-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
*DISCLAIMER*
~ I have nothing to say in this matter i am just the delivery girl~

the poster formally known as theyoefnshow says "dont get to cocky you have only won 2 games and now they have ample time to recover and get ready for Rockdale.

Not getting cocky. I've seen both teams on tape and personally know several players on both teams and just think the Tigers will win this one. Both teams are very young in spots, but upper classman in this one favors the Tigers. Also several Tigers that were previously hurt will be back and will provide some plays as well.

See you in 2 wks..................

pirate4state
10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
We may get beat, but we DON'T run out of gas! Besides, with Jasper beating HF tonight it is very unlikely that WOS will go D1. There is still an outside chance, but very slim. yep - looks like Jasper will be in as the 3rd place team. Good to see them turn things around this year! :thumbsup:

Buckeye80
10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
1 Game for both titles after it's over???

Sold! I'll even give you a chance to opt out if the Bobcats win DII and the Buckeyes win DI. The Bobcats don't want any of that matchup!

R3Editor
10-20-2007, 11:23 AM
After updating the district standings in Region III just now, few districts have a clear-cut DI and DII rep. :thinking:

j_dog
10-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
yep - looks like Jasper will be in as the 3rd place team. Good to see them turn things around this year! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the props pirate! :) but Jasper may go in as the first place team. ;) all they have to do is win out the last 3 games. and what should be the toughest two games are at Jasper. :)

Matthew328
10-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Division 1 won't be easy for Liberty Hill...I'd love to see LH play the Gilmer-Royse City winner...that would be a fun game of contrasting styles

Snydertigersrul
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Division 1 won't be easy for Liberty Hill...I'd love to see LH play the Gilmer-Royse City winner...that would be a fun game of contrasting styles

I agree with you Matthrew, but Liberty Hill and Giddings appear as the top two teams at this time.

Matthew328
10-20-2007, 07:54 PM
they do appear to be the top but Celina, Royse and Gilmer are right there...there is not much difference between those 5....

Snydertigersrul
10-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
they do appear to be the top but Celina, Royse and Gilmer are right there...there is not much difference between those 5....

Celina, Royce City and Gilmer are definitely championship contenders. The championship game in each division should be good matchups.

Panther One
10-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Most of the better teams in Region III (Giddings, Caldwell, La Vega, WOS, etc) look to be headed to DII. That will make the path through Region III easier in Div I, just as it was for Robinson last year. And also like last year, the state semifinal matchup will be a cake walk, with Cuero being the only legitimate contender in region IV. Plus, it takes one less win to get to state, so while the state final may be tough, but the road there is definitely easier in Div I. That hasn't always been the case in 3A (just ask Burnet), but definitely has been the past two years.