PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass has a fundamental problem....

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2007, 10:35 PM
and history is repeating itself.

Why the heck do you groom a quarterback for 5+ years and then when he is a senior (and a damn good player) start playing the sophomore/junior back-up? I just don't get it!

I understand building a team, but do you just totally "diss" this year and the possibility of winning?

This totally makes no sense to me.

I liked the back-up quarterback two years ago (I liked the qb more), I like the quarterback this year (the back-up two years ago) and yes, I even like the back-up this year...but I really don't understand what the thought process is.

What the heck is wrong with playing to win, one year at a time?

:mad:

Gobbla2001
10-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Why the heck do you groom a quarterback for 5+ years and then when he is a senior (and a damn good player) start playing the sophomore/junior back-up? I just don't get it!

I understand building a team, but do you just totally "diss" this year and the possibility of winning?

I liked the back-up quarterback two years ago (I liked the qb more), I like the quarterback this year (the back-up two years ago) and yes, I even like the back-up this year...but I really don't understand what the thought process is.

sounds like you need a weedeatarita...

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
sounds like you need a weedeatarita...

I'm afraid to ask, but go ahead and explain.... :D

Gobbla2001
10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm afraid to ask, but go ahead and explain.... :D

remember??? the kayak folks and their margarita machine made out of a weedeater?

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2007, 10:44 PM
remember??? the kayak folks and their margarita machine made out of a weedeater?

hahaha...that was a pretty cool invention! I think you are right...I need a weedeatarita.:D

sotxrat
10-19-2007, 11:17 PM
If you are talking about #12 of ap, he had a great game at running back in the 1st half and then i guess adjustments worked for OG and AP tried but was not successful with him at RB anymore, and yes I do know that he was groomed for QB and I guess the coaches are maybe thinking he is more valuable at rb, this is all i can think of on why he is not qb now.

Emerson1
10-19-2007, 11:31 PM

Atleast you have good backups. We have been grooming a QB for 4 years and he is total garbage.

Phil C
10-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Atleast you have good backups. We have been grooming a QB for 4 years and he is total garbage.

Careful Emerson! I think you are writing that when you are angry and don't really mean what you are writing to come out that way. Remember these are high school kids doing the best they can. They don't get paid and sometimes very little if any glory.

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Atleast you have good backups. We have been grooming a QB for 4 years and he is total garbage. whoa,

No comment other than that's a lil harsh...

Just a kid, cut him some slack y don't ya

Gobbla2001
10-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
whoa,

No comment other than that's a lil harsh...

Just a kid, cut him some slack y don't ya

emerson is probably the same age as their QB... hell, maybe he IS the QB?

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2007, 11:39 AM
hell, maybe he IS the QB?
Mwahahahaha! :evilgrin: :evilgrin: