PDA

View Full Version : what will burnet have to do to beat everman

ballhog65
12-08-2002, 12:34 PM
I know that Burnet may be a great team but i dont think they cab handle evermans speed on defense. What will they have to do to win the championship?

pakrat
12-08-2002, 03:07 PM
All Burnet will have to do,,,,,,SHOW UP !!!!!!!

Chris Hart
12-08-2002, 03:15 PM
To win, Burnet has to play mistake a mistake free game, not be intimidated by the BIG GAME, and be sure tacklers. If they do that, they can win.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2002, 03:24 PM
show up is only the first step, they then have to play a game. Mistake free the game wont be that. Burnet defense will have to dominate to keep the game close for the offense to win it. Everman is not a cocky bunch like whatrton and jasper, they respect who they play and will be ready and their coaching is alot better than jasper. good luck burnet

sinfan75
12-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Slow down that powerful runnin game.Then score a lot of points.I got a feelin this could be a high-scoring game because both Offenses are so potent.

Jason1725
12-08-2002, 04:31 PM
pakrat
Scrub
Member # 2407

Rate Member posted December 08, 2002 02:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Burnet will have to do,,,,,,SHOW UP !!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2002 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

And you hypocrites said Jasper was arrogant.

BigBrother70
12-08-2002, 04:36 PM
The question should be: What will Everman have to do to beat Burnet?

Jacket2000
12-08-2002, 05:57 PM
Burnet will have to depend on some mistakes from Everman to win this game. If both teams play mistake-free(which is very unlikely to happen), I think Everman takes it. Everman played a very mistake-laden game against Forney(who is a VERY good team), and still found a way to win. That tells me alot.
J2K

29x281
12-08-2002, 06:02 PM
The first thing Burnet has to do is get healthy. Several players are gimpy right now, including McGee and Shipley.

Matthew328
12-08-2002, 06:05 PM
Thank you Burnet for giving Everman some bulletin board material! LOL

bd62
12-08-2002, 08:51 PM
matt.328 i dont think that person represents the normal burnet posters. they have been very respectfull of there opponents. everman is defending champion and will have tremendous respect from burnet.it will be a great game.
so if everman wants to use that post as bulletin board material thats pretty weak.

bigfootsmom
12-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Your right, they will have to SHOW UP. Show up with more power, more speed, and more fire in their eyes than we have seen all year. But you know what, if you have been to all of the games this year, they play the way they have to, to win. They will come, come ready to play the way it will take to win. I still say, the ones who win are the ones who want to win MORE....

My hat goes off to the coaches of Burnet, being from this area all my life, and seeing Coach Shipley play in high school, and in college, I'm sure this is just as, if not more, exciting for him coaching his home town team to the state championship game. And for him and the rest of the coaches.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH..!!!!!

ONE TEAM - ONE DREAM.........GO BIG GREEN..!!!

jason
12-08-2002, 09:20 PM
They should probably try building brick walls to stop the Everman running backs....all FOUR of them !!!

surfspike
12-08-2002, 10:11 PM
thats one main factor forney lost the everman game. first half they played to win....second half they played to not lose. there is a difference.

burnet:
1. stop running game

2. take advantage of any turnovers

3. PLAY TO WIN AND FEAR NOBODY

u will then beat everman.

purple thunder # 1 fan
12-08-2002, 10:27 PM
MAN,WHAT DO GUYS MEAN WHAT WILL BURNET HAVE TO DO!BURNET HAS AREADY DONE IT,THEY ARE IN THE STATE FINALS I HAVE BEEN AT HALF OF THE WHORTON GAME AND ALL OF THE SINTON AND JASPER GAME.BURNET JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.IF ANYONE OUT THERE STILL DOES NOT BELIEVE THAT BURNET IS FOR REAL,SHOW UP SAT AT THE GAME. AFTER ALL SEEING IS BELIEVING.I FOR ONE KNOW THAT EVEN WITHOUT MEGEE AND SHIPLEY THIS TEAM KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS THIER PURPOSE.BUT IT SURE IS NICE TO HAVE WHEN YOU HAVE GUYS LIKE THESE.TO ALL THE PLAYERS THAT ARE PART OF THIS GREAT TEAM THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A CLASSEY REP.FOR OUR DISTRICT! NOW........... YOU ONE TEAM ONE DREAM GREEN MACHINE,GO GET YOUR PRIZE!

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: purple thunder # 1 fan ]</small>

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Like everybody else I have my opinions. Burnet is a great team and so is Everman. The balance of this game will be in who executes the game plan the best. But let's not forget that all year long people have been predicting Burnet to get beat, but every week they show and play better. If they play as well as they did at Kyle Field Saturday just send on the rings.

bulldog65
12-09-2002, 06:44 AM
Awesome Dawg Fan:
Like everybody else I have my opinions. Burnet is a great team and so is Everman. The balance of this game will be in who executes the game plan the best. But let's not forget that all year long people have been predicting Burnet to get beat, but every week they show and play better. If they play as well as they did at Kyle Field Saturday just send on the rings.Another ring order before kickoff.

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

bearkatdad
12-09-2002, 09:06 AM
Good luck, Burnet. You have a good team.

BIG19
12-09-2002, 09:09 AM
I did not take that as a ring order. If I am not mistaken the post said "If they play like they did, then ........" That is much different that go ahead and order them. I think both teams will be ready and that both teams will play like there is no tomorrow! Best of luck to both teams.

Diller
12-09-2002, 10:37 AM
All Burnet will have to do to win is play like they did against Jasper. WOW! What do you mean if they can handle Everman's speed on defense? I promise they are not faster that the Jasper team they just dismantled. At one time or another they have almost owned every track record in the nation. Good luck to Burnet.

Matthew328
12-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Yes Jasper did at one time or another own a lot of track records...that was in the mid to late 80's though...overall from a few observers who have seen both Everman and Jasper this year...they have all said Everman overall has an adavnatge in the speed area...1-11 on D I'd take Everman's D against most anyone when it comes to speed..but hey football games aren't won with 40 times or anything....Burnet is a GREAT team I've been saying that since August...if Everman doesn't come to play then the Bulldogs wearing green will be taking home a state tittle

pinecone
12-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Jasper obviously prepared a defensive scheme for an offense that Burnet didn't run. They seemed totally unprepared in the 1st quarter. There will be no surprise against Everman. The mark of a really good team is when everyone knows exactly what that team is going to do but that team executes so well that it can't be stopped. Burnet will have to be that good against Everman. Burnet will have to play better defense than it did against Jasper because 28 points is a lot to give up in a playoff game.
Everman will have to play better pass defense than Jasper did to beat Burnet. That zone defense Jasper played too much of the time got picked apart by Burnet's QB.

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Pinecone if Jasper was not prepared for Burnet's offense they must not have watched film. Burnet did nothing this week that they have not done all year. The game plan was very vanilla, with just a touch more passing mixed in. Jasper's mistake was having the idea that they had the athletes to stop Shipley without double and triple coverage. We have seen only one team that had any success doing that and even they doubled him 50% of the time. That was Sinton on a very windy day. Jasper most definitely looked unprepared but Burnet did what they always do. I just think your coaches thought that would win on athletes alone not realizing that Burnet can match athletes with any 3a team in the state.

GOFOR2
12-15-2002, 11:02 AM
What will Burnet have to do to beat Everman?
First, wait until next year.
Second, not talk trash about winning two championships in a row when they have not even won the first.
The staff's arrogance caught up with them, and that is ashame because you guys had a great group of kids and talent.