PDA

View Full Version : Cuero / Yoakum updates

CueroDad2006
10-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Will this be a game?

R4Editor
10-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Will this be a game? yes, It be a close game at the start, so enjoy the pre game!

CHSfan
10-19-2007, 06:26 PM
no this game is going to be a TOTAL joke!!

its prolly not worth going to but it is our homecoming so i have to go!!

well i am fixxin to head up there!

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Updates will be greatly appreciated as I am on a rig in Oklahoma on a computer with no speakers. Thanks again.

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes, it will be close until they kick off.

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Lets do a halftime projection score. 41-0 Cuero

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 08:01 PM
yoakum scores on long pass. 7-0

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Wow, Yoakum actually scored. I think they average like 4 points a game.

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
yoakum scores on long pass. 7-0

Talked to someone at the game, 21-0 Cuero start of 2nd quarter.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Talked to someone at the game, 21-0 Cuero start of 2nd quarter.
Don't pay attention to Pork 'n Beans. ;)

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Yoakum scores

rundoe
10-19-2007, 08:19 PM
get after em gobblers.......................................... .......

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 08:21 PM
28-7 cuero

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 08:23 PM
yoakum scored? cuero's defense is garbage. yoakum couldnt score on anyone but marion and i think some 2a team

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 08:24 PM
oops my bad. they did score one td against smithville. im sorry to the yoakum people for forgetting. i have to give yall credit. scoring against smithville is almost unheard of.

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 08:32 PM
any updates? i just said yoakum scored so someone would get all mad and call someone at the game and find out the score and post it

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 08:37 PM
any updates? i just said yoakum scored so someone would get all mad and call someone at the game and find out the score and post it
28-7 and it's almost halftime

Gobbla2001
10-19-2007, 08:38 PM
it's the 97th meeting between the two, making it the longest rivalry in 3A...

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 08:45 PM
28-13 cuero

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 08:48 PM
35-13 halftime Cuero

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Shiner 49-0 @ the half over Charlotte. Shiner made some preseason adjustments by shuffling players around that seem to be working well

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
any updates or stats? has tyler thrown an int yet?

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Don't know, the person at the game I am talking with just knows how to read the scoreboard. And she is about to leave.

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
what does the scoreboard say?

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
42-13 late 3rd

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
42-13 Cuero

29-3aFAN
10-19-2007, 09:50 PM
No INTS for either team from what I am hearing. Cuero fumbled once but recovered.

gobbler grad
10-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
No INTS for either team from what I am hearing. Cuero fumbled once but recovered.

Yoakum just throws an interception...:p

gobbler grad
10-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Touchdown Cuero

49-13

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 10:10 PM
is cuero done running up the score yet?

gobbler grad
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Yoakum fumbles ...so I guess we will score again...

this is the longest game yet...4:00 min. left

gobbler grad
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Final

Cuero 49

Yoakum 13

crabman
10-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Tyler is still without an interception on the year. Quincy was 12 carries for 199 yards, 4 receptions for 80 yards, and one interception on defense. The thing is though, we have plenty of other weapons. Stephon carried 3 times for 40 yards and two touchdowns.

CueroDad2006
10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Troy did not get a carry..........Hargrove could have went off on this team, They are stuck on 40 doing most of the work. Crabman can you tell me why?

Gobbla2001
10-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
They are stuck on 40 doing most of the work. Crabman can you tell me why?

I'm thinking because he has so much speed, so much power, so many moves and so much heart, but is not too big of a fella... I think they're trying to get him a tad more exposure so he gets picked up by a D1

crabman
10-19-2007, 11:41 PM
When Hargrove tiptoes to the line, Quincy will hit the hole. When Troy gets stacked up at the line, Quincy will break one outside. When David Williams gets fumble-itis, Quincy will run that little cut back play. While the other guys are good some time. Quincy is good all the time. I guess they have just said "what the heck" and gone with him from the get-go.

Gobbla2001
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by crabman
When Hargrove tiptoes to the line, Quincy will hit the hole. When Troy gets stacked up at the line, Quincy will break one outside. When David Williams gets fumble-itis, Quincy will run that little cut back play. While the other guys are good some time. Quincy is good all the time. I guess they have just said "what the heck" and gone with him from the get-go.

but you have to admit, hargrove's running this year vs last year is a lot more powerful... he's lost a lot of that tip-toe...

JT44
10-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I just hope the coaching staff realizes that come playoff time Quincy will not be able to catch all the passes and run the ball ALL the time. So many times last night the second and third recievers were wide open.

Every team now knows that if its a passing formation and whittington is lined up as a wr, he's getting the ball, and if he's not in there on a passing formation 9 times out of 10 armstrongs gonna get the pass.

Why did guys like Zapata,Ruiz,Harryman, Pargman,Boothe and Glover work so hard this summer to get timing down with Ardt during 7on7 and summer workouts if the coaches don't ever give them a shot anyway?

It's just ridiculous, I have never been so disgusted with this current coaching staff

JT44
10-20-2007, 12:56 PM
and I don't have anything against Quincy, I know him personally

Gobbler Fan
10-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
but you have to admit, hargrove's running this year vs last year is a lot more powerful... he's lost a lot of that tip-toe...

Knowing what's coming and stopping it are two different animals . In '87 Teams knew that Robert Straight was going to get the ball and they still won State . While I agree with you about others getting the ball I am also glad to see Quincey doing good now that they have given him the opportunity to do so . I think/hope come playoff time the Coaches will have a few wrinkles up their sleeve .

Gobbla2001
10-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by JT44

It's just ridiculous, I have never been so disgusted with this current coaching staff

geez, man... that is disgusting in itself... Q is not even the leading receiver on the team, and the ball has been spread around nicely to Johnson and Ragnow as well... this team will be fine, we're winning... and when we haven't it had nothing to do with Q being the main guy... against LH our receivers dropped balls and it wasn't because they weren't thrown to enough... two lost the ball and one was taken to the house for a TD, the other dropped ball was turned-over and eventually led to a TD that pretty much stuck the fork in us... maybe that's why Arndt trusts throwing to Q more?

either way you look at it Arndt, Q, Kaeron, Armstrong, Hargrove and others are having a great offensive season this year... were you this disgusted last year when we threw the ball to Tre almost all of the time after other receivers worked their butts off all summer?

We've lost two games to two quality opponents and are geared up to make a run at another state championship if we stay healthy and have learned more from getting the experience. don't freak out, my lord...

:confused:

44INAROW
10-20-2007, 02:45 PM
JT -I am sure you're frustrated, BELEIVE ME,, I know how you feel - been there - done that - but you have to support and trust that there is a plan. :)

CHSfan
10-20-2007, 02:51 PM
holy moly batman...i think he is a lil upset with our coaches!! u think?

Old Green
10-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
geez, man... that is disgusting in itself... Q is not even the leading receiver on the team, and the ball has been spread around nicely to Johnson and Ragnow as well... this team will be fine, we're winning... and when we haven't it had nothing to do with Q being the main guy... against LH our receivers dropped balls and it wasn't because they weren't thrown to enough... two lost the ball and one was taken to the house for a TD, the other dropped ball was turned-over and eventually led to a TD that pretty much stuck the fork in us... maybe that's why Arndt trusts throwing to Q more?

either way you look at it Arndt, Q, Kaeron, Armstrong, Hargrove and others are having a great offensive season this year... were you this disgusted last year when we threw the ball to Tre almost all of the time after other receivers worked their butts off all summer?

We've lost two games to two quality opponents and are geared up to make a run at another state championship if we stay healthy and have learned more from getting the experience. don't freak out, my lord...

:confused: What he said.:thumbsup:

JT44
10-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm not freaked out at all, but remember that leading reciever fumbled twice against LH, and last night the whole secondary was all over Q, there were several plays were the other recievers were open, but the ball is always thrown to the first option

just remember to use your second and third recievers, b/c at playoff time you have to be able to dump down to the next option.
will Q be as fresh in 4 weeks? probably not so Stefon and D.Williams will have to run along with Jake and Troy.

That's been cuero's downfall in the reeve era, I've supported them all along since I've moved back to the area, but he's loyal so much to his stars that sometimes he forgets about others who put in just as much work

I'll still be there rooting the team on, just hurts to see the frustration in some of the players

Gobbla2001
10-21-2007, 10:36 AM
one thing is for certain: it wasn't any better during the Littleton or Finley era...

#1 in the Finley era we didn't throw much anyway, and when we run it was either the QB or two other RBs, so it's not like kids were getting equal playing time then either... in the Littleton era we didn't have much to begin with, so if people got the ball it was because no one stood out enough to get the majority of the attention anyway...

Quincey is going to be the first or second option all of the time with passing because he is that good, that's how it always is unless it's an "up the sleeve" type play... When those other receivers are open and Q is covered, is Reeve throwing Q the ball? I just don't understand why you're blaiming it on him... and even if he were the one saying "get the ball in Quincey's hands" he's trying to win ball games, not trying to make everyone happy...

Corn Cob
10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
I just hope the coaching staff realizes that come playoff time Quincy will not be able to catch all the passes and run the ball ALL the time. So many times last night the second and third recievers were wide open.

Every team now knows that if its a passing formation and whittington is lined up as a wr, he's getting the ball, and if he's not in there on a passing formation 9 times out of 10 armstrongs gonna get the pass.

Why did guys like Zapata,Ruiz,Harryman, Pargman,Boothe and Glover work so hard this summer to get timing down with Ardt during 7on7 and summer workouts if the coaches don't ever give them a shot anyway?

I'm not from Cuero, but you are certainly not the type of fan I would want in my hometown! It sounds like you need to go have a meeting with the Head Coach so you can set him straight! You seem to know everything! Do you coach?

JT44
10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
This is a better era than the Finley or Littleton, I agree, no one has put more kids in school than he has, I don't coach football, these are just my opinions with a little biased in them....

Bottom line.......I would like to see them spread the ball around, I've had this opinion the last 4 years

and I still cheer for this team win or lose, I'm there at 6 pm every friday and I walk out the stadium only after the players have left the field........this group of kids more so than any other has my unconditional support

CHSfan
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
i am from cuero and coach reeve is just doing his job as our athletics coordinator...he cant make everyone happy!! he just does what he can! and another part of gettin the ball around is that we have a sophmore as our head varsity qb! i think that if u feel soo discusted with our coaching staff maybe u should go talk to him! i personally think that he is great! and i love him as a coach! he has done good with our team and i dont think u should be talkin like this unless u could do a better job than he can!

VanKampen
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
JT44 - you make cuero sound like they have a lot of selfish players. why cant they be happy that they are winning?

CHSfan
10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
JT44 - you make cuero sound like they have a lot of selfish players. why cant they be happy that they are winning?

we r very happy that we r winning and i dont kno what his prob is!! and our players arent selfish at all!

Gobbla2001
10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
This is a better era than the Finley or Littleton, I agree, no one has put more kids in school than he has, I don't coach football, these are just my opinions with a little biased in them....

Bottom line.......I would like to see them spread the ball around, I've had this opinion the last 4 years

and I still cheer for this team win or lose, I'm there at 6 pm every friday and I walk out the stadium only after the players have left the field........this group of kids more so than any other has my unconditional support

hey, I will say that I understand you may be "biased" (maybe a relative or something playing), so that's all understandable... I just got a little set off by that "disgusted" part...

I just think with a record of 54-8 over the past 4 1/2 years that Reeve and his staffs have done a great job and have made pretty dern good decisions for the most part...

I never started, I was Mr. 2nd String, so I can understand putting some subs in and lettin' them have their glory... then again I was a lineman, not much glory in that :D