coach
10-19-2007, 02:31 PM
yes!!! and they need to go ahead and pursue Barry Bonds

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
a manager can't help your lack of talent/winning

big daddy russ
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
They need to get some arms in there. Too many bad trades giving away too many young pitchers the past couple of years.

Get some young guns up in that rotation.

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
They need to get some arms in there. Too many bad trades giving away too many young pitchers the past couple of years.

Get some young guns up in that rotation.

they have young guns in the rotation right now in Gabbard, McCarthy, and Volquez/Hurley.

mwynn05
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
a manager can't help your lack of talent/winning you dont know what the hell your talking about do you?

necks_c/09
10-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you dont know what the hell your talking about do you? apparently not

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2007, 03:30 PM
So Joe Torre alone would help the rangers win 20 more games? and boost them up to 95 wins?

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
So Joe Torre alone would help the rangers win 20 more games? and boost them up to 95 wins?

Torre, plus Torii, plus Johan Santana might!!! :D

(hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming is there?)

burnet44
10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Should they let go Ron Washington and purse Joe Toree

IF lol

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 03:38 PM
just for the record though, I seriously doubt that Torre is still looking for a job come this time next year unless he just wants a break.

RMAC
10-19-2007, 04:04 PM
If the Rangers sign Bonds I will not go to another one of their games until he is no longer on the team. Even then I'll have to think long and hard about it as long as they're under the same ownership of somebody who would sign him for no other reason than putting fans in the stands.

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
If the Rangers sign Bonds I will not go to another one of their games until he is no longer on the team. Even then I'll have to think long and hard about it as long as they're under the same ownership of somebody who would sign him for no other reason than putting fans in the stands.

People don't seem to care about the fact that he still had one of the highest on-base percentages in baseball this year...and the Rangers need runners on base.

28 Homers and a .480 on base percentage? Hardly a PR attempt to just try to fill seats.

That said, I personally don't want Bonds on the Rangers, but I'm not going to go crazy mad if they do end up signing him...from a competitive baseball standpoint, it's a move that would make a lot of sense.

Darren
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Thats Funny.... If the Rangers have a bad year do they ever have a good year.

Buccaneer
10-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Should they let go Ron Washington and purse Joe Toree

Why? Can he pitch?

necks_c/09
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Why? Can he pitch? good point....

Rangers need pitching

Washington is actually doing well with the talent the front office has put in front of him....

give him a lil credit

and Torre did what with the most talented team in the league?

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Why? Can he pitch?

People aren't realizing the fact that the Rangers had the 9th best ERA in baseball after the All-Star break, which coincides with major changes that the staff went through (Millwood getting healthy, acquiring Gabbard, bringing up Volquez).

Pitching, as crazy as this sounds, was NOT the team's biggest issue this year...sure the rotation historically bad in the first month of the season, but the guys that were in the rotation from June on were a far cry from what they started with.

necks_c/09
10-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
People aren't realizing the fact that the Rangers had the 9th best ERA in baseball after the All-Star break, which coincides with major changes that the staff went through (Millwood getting healthy, acquiring Gabbard, bringing up Volquez).

Pitching, as crazy as this sounds, was NOT the team's biggest issue this year...sure the rotation historically bad in the first month of the season, but the guys that were in the rotation from June on were a far cry from what they started with. 9th best as a team.....

Bullpen was great.... starting= not so great

and can these young kids pitch a whole season next year?

R4Editor
10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Rangers need all the aging future hall famers to join the Rangers next year. Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens and one at his prime Alex Rodriguez. Wow would they draw a crowd to games :D. Rangers might get out of last place next year.