I know some may blast me here
but I saw this guy run at Austin
he had all the talent in the world
and could have been anything he wanted

just sad

Coach Arrested After Amateur Drug Sting

Last Edited: Friday, 19 Oct 2007, 10:14 AM CDT
Created: Friday, 19 Oct 2007, 10:03 AM CDT

A middle school track coach and former Olympian who was arrested on drug possession charges says he bought the narcotics in an effort to help students.

Roy “Robot” Martin is a two-time Olympian and former track star at Roosevelt High School and SMU. He now serves as the head track coach and hall monitor for Florence Middle School in Pleasant Grove.

Last week, Martin learned a student was selling the prescription drug Xanax in the halls. He purchased drugs from the student and took them directly to the school’s principal. Martin said he did it to prove to officials that there is a drug problem at the school and students are at risk.

The case was immediately turned over to DISD police, and they turned the focus back to Martin. He was arrested and told he’d be facing five counts for his actions.

“I thought I did the right thing with the best interest for the school and for the children,” Martin told FOX 4.

One student said he thought the school and Martin could have handled the situation better.

“He should have done the right thing and took the kid to the office and that would have been the right thing. He wouldn’t have been in jail and the kid would have been in the wrong,” student Marquise Gooseberry told FOX 4.

Martin and his lawyer said the arrest sends the wrong message to school staff.

“That they should not come forward when they see kids doing things wrong because if they do the same thing that happened to Mr. Martin could happen to them,” said Sharita Blacknall, Martin’s attorney.

Martin and Blacknall said they plan to fight the charges.

Its pretty thin
I agree with Martin
but he should have taken the kid with him
bad deal all around