PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Mathis

IHStangFan
10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Ingleside Mustangs -vs- Mathis Pirates. Alot of people think this one is gonna be a good game. I have some inside knowledge....i.e. heard the grade bug cut Ingleside pretty deep...to include the loss of their starting QB. :( Does this mean Coffield will be the starting QB tonight? I wonder how much of an impact this will have on the outcome and on the rest of Ingleside's season. Before I would have said Ingleside takes this one w/ ease...now I'm not so sure.

I'll still take Ingleside ...but in a closer game than orig. thought.

Ingleside: 28
Mathis: 21

rgn4fb
10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
No way is Mathis going to put up that many points against Ingleside. Ineligibility started last Friday. If Ingleside can keep AP off the board with that rivalry, then there is no way Mathis scores 21. Ingleside appears to have a great D this year. I am sure Coffield does great at QB. He was their man last year all the way to the state semis, wasn't he? And he sure looks like he is in shape enough to go both ways if they need him to.

Fal44
10-19-2007, 09:23 AM
I say ingleside still wins...

pirate4state
10-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
No way is Mathis going to put up that many points against Ingleside. Ineligibility started last Friday. If Ingleside can keep AP off the board with that rivalry, then there is no way Mathis scores 21. Ingleside appears to have a great D this year. I am sure Coffield does great at QB. He was their man last year all the way to the state semis, wasn't he? And he sure looks like he is in shape enough to go both ways if they need him to.

Not if they keep putting the ball on the ground, but I was VERY shocked at their ability to keep WO out of the endzone most of the game. :eek:

If Mathis can't hold onto the ball tonight - Ingleside will make them pay.

Ingleside by 14

scott Wilson
10-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I will be the first true test in District 30-3A. With that said, how in the WORLD can kids not PASS school? If you can remember your football playbook, why not your schoolwork? I think the no pass, no play rule should carry over from year to year. If you end up failing at the end of the previous year, your ineligble for the upcoming year till you get your grades passing. It`s not fair to the other players on the team that bust their tails in the classroom and on the field for someone to get through six games, then fail a class, knowing they lose eligiblity, and let their team down. And don`t give me it`s hard with practice and homework. 99% of the student/athletes make the grade. Plus, there are many teachers willing to tutor a student that may struggle in a certain class. TOO much emphasis on football and not enough on school. And , yes, I know not every kid is cut out for college or even high school, so the answer is, STOP rewarding them by letting them play sports. Make them do their schoolwork. And to the advocates that say football is what keeps some of them motivated, what comes at the end of football season? Yep, failing grades. I just don`t get rewarding failure.

pirate4state
10-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by scott Wilson
I will be the first true test in District 30-3A. With that said, how in the WORLD can kids not PASS school? If you can remember your football playbook, why not your schoolwork? I think the no pass, no play rule should carry over from year to year. If you end up failing at the end of the previous year, your ineligble for the upcoming year till you get your grades passing. It`s not fair to the other players on the team that bust their tails in the classroom and on the field for someone to get through six games, then fail a class, knowing they lose eligiblity, and let their team down. And don`t give me it`s hard with practice and homework. 99% of the student/athletes make the grade. Plus, there are many teachers willing to tutor a student that may struggle in a certain class. TOO much emphasis on football and not enough on school. And , yes, I know not every kid is cut out for college or even high school, so the answer is, STOP rewarding them by letting them play sports. Make them do their schoolwork. And to the advocates that say football is what keeps some of them motivated, what comes at the end of football season? Yep, failing grades. I just don`t get rewarding failure. I agree and whatever happened to if you fail you are DONE for 6 weeks so you can FOCUS on your schoolwork?? :rolleyes: This being able to come back at the 3 week mark is BOGUS!!! :dispntd:

IHStangFan
10-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
No way is Mathis going to put up that many points against Ingleside. Ineligibility started last Friday. If Ingleside can keep AP off the board with that rivalry, then there is no way Mathis scores 21. Ingleside appears to have a great D this year. I am sure Coffield does great at QB. He was their man last year all the way to the state semis, wasn't he? And he sure looks like he is in shape enough to go both ways if they need him to. are you following me around trying to argue everything I say? I wouldn't say Ingleside's D is "great"...and Ingleside had a dual QB setup last year...Coffield did not get them to the semis on his own. Alot of times when he was not playing well, RJ Ensley was the QB.

99IHSMustang
10-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
are you following me around trying to argue everything I say? I wouldn't say Ingleside's D is "great"...and Ingleside had a dual QB setup last year...Coffield did not get them to the semis on his own. Alot of times when he was not playing well, RJ Ensley was the QB.

After watching Ingleside in their success the last couple of years I would definitely have to say that this defense has been playing better than any of the past Ingleside teams for the last 3 years. The Ingleside Defense is really good.