PDA

View Full Version : What has happend to TCU?

Gsquared
10-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Around the beginning of the season Gary Patterson pretty much said TCU might be the best D1 team in the state of Texas. Alot talk and not much walk.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Another case of the mouth writing checks that the butt can't cash. :D

***I am not going there, I promise*** :devil: :devil:

pirate4state
10-19-2007, 10:11 AM
After Blake pulled his disappearing act and then just up and left or whatever he is doing - I've lost interest. Are they losing?

Macarthur
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Losing Blake was a huge blow and they have a RS Fresh at QB. That QB will get better and so will the frogs.

JR2004
10-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
After Blake pulled his disappearing act and then just up and left or whatever he is doing - I've lost interest. Are they losing?

They wrote an article about Blake recently. It's really just personal issues. Coach Patterson said something to him in a practice that apparently hit a nerve with him and he's also kind of questioning whether football will be in his future because I believe he wants to go into the ministry.

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
They wrote an article about Blake recently. It's really just personal issues. Coach Patterson said something to him in a practice that apparently hit a nerve with him and he's also kind of questioning whether football will be in his future because I believe he wants to go into the ministry.

Don't suppose you could tell me where to find that article or post a link to it?

:)

pirate4state
10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm thinking Dallas Morning News or Ft Worth Star

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
TCU has had issues for the last two or three years with failing to meet expectations. For years, they were an underdog team a la Boise State, Utah, etc...

The problem is, they've been the "Cinderalla" team for so many years now, that teams are really getting hyped up to beat TCU. The program is just as good if not better than ever before, but there's no element of surprise or "us against the world" mentality, and that's the difference between them being a slightly above average NCAA team and a legit BCS contender.